PDA

View Full Version : The WRC series..

AndyRAC
31st January 2008, 00:09
Does anybody know what has happened to the WRC games. I know Evolution produced/made/developed them and had a contract for a x number of games. What happened, is that it? It was while watching the Monte on TV and online it would be nice to be able to play as the new cars, liveries, drivers, and new countries - imagine Ireland, bet thst would be awesome.

UKOG~Will
31st January 2008, 07:53
Apparantly the contract ended. Simple as that, no contract no games. :(

I was hoping Codemasters or someone would snap up some rights to make a game with official drivers, teams and rallies and I heard they were....but nothing about that in months... :(

AndyRAC
31st January 2008, 09:48
Apparantly the contract ended. Simple as that, no contract no games. :(

I was hoping Codemasters or someone would snap up some rights to make a game with official drivers, teams and rallies and I heard they were....but nothing about that in months... :(

As I thought, I suppose it will be up to ISC/North One to sort something out, and they're obviously too busy doing other things. We can but hope something eventually happens.

306 Cosworth
7th February 2008, 21:39
Give it to Warthog ;)

AndyRAC
7th February 2008, 21:50
Give it to Warthog ;)

Though Evolution Studios didn't do a bad job, though the last game was a bit gimmicky.

PuddleJumper
13th February 2008, 10:41
Give it to Warthog ;)
Sadly they no longer exist, but an official WRC simulator of RBR calibre would be rally gaming nirvana!

Frozzy
13th February 2008, 10:53
maybe the game could be improved by having more cars in rallys Wrc Jwrc and PWrc in the same rallys driving what ever car you want with up to date liveries and "Classic" liveries aswell as the cars over longer stages with more stages than just 3 per rally

AndyRAC
13th February 2008, 12:04
Having played a few of the games recently, the best part of WRC5 was the other cars retiring/having problems in the stage. The forest fires/animals/falling rocks-logs was a bit gimmicky. Also the Rallies were ridiculously short, 3 short stages. What were they thinking? Personally I think WRC2 had the best stages in terms of distance.
In a perfect world the graphics of WRC with the handling of RBR, with maybe 2 modes - Simulation and Arcade.

UKOG~Will
13th February 2008, 12:14
I know a good rally game, has beaten the WRC series pretty good.

Called DiRT. Anyone heard about it/played it? :D

AndyRAC
13th February 2008, 12:41
I know a good rally game, has beaten the WRC series pretty good.

Called DiRT. Anyone heard about it/played it? :D

Don't like DiRT at all, too Americanised, too much non-Rally stuff on it. Like the other McRae games though - in fact I still play on the first one. The UK, Monte, NZ stages are fantastic.

gravelman
13th February 2008, 13:42
As a tribute to Colin, an updated version of the previous games incorporating Mcrae 1 & 2, with the stages and the cars would be a fantastic idea. I m sure it would not be too much trouble for them as they have all the data backed up over the years. Some of those stages were absolutely brilliant, such as the GB stages in 1 & 2. Was just playing McRae 2 on the PS2 last nite, dint look as good as it did on the PS1 oddly enough, but still one of the best games to play.

Neil J
16th February 2008, 12:59
Sadly they no longer exist, but an official WRC simulator of RBR calibre would be rally gaming nirvana!

Absolutely. RBR is the only thing I ever bother playing these days :)