PDA

View Full Version : PG, the next WRC winner from Sweden?

A.F.F.
26th January 2008, 21:53
Since Kenneth Eriksson Sweden has not celebrated WRC wins. Is PG the man to fix that table? Sweden have great traditions in rallying so it would be nice to see them winning again. ( but not in hockey )

Anyway, I have been very positively surprised by PG's performance so far and hopefully it reflects what can wait in the future.

Magnus
26th January 2008, 22:07
At least he is a far greater hope then poor daniel carlsson. I think PG might be as good as Hirvonen, given a year or two.

J4MIE
26th January 2008, 23:02
We will have to see how his, and his car's, speed develops in the future. I am not sure so far.

Tom206wrc
26th January 2008, 23:09
Sandell could also be a Swede of the future ;)

Roy
26th January 2008, 23:33

Because he drives Peugeot?

WRXedUSA
27th January 2008, 02:09
If the car holds up, yes, he will be a contender in the top 5.

I'm being positively optimistic about Suzuki Sport. They are doing well this weekend, and will get better. I'm a fan of Monster Tajima, I admit.

sollitt
27th January 2008, 03:25
Since Kenneth Eriksson Sweden has not celebrated WRC wins.
Did Kenneth not win NZ a few years ago?

tmx
27th January 2008, 04:11
are you joking? kennith eriksson won 6 wrc rallies and was 1986 group a champion.

but yes i am impressed with pg anderson speed with the fragile car.

A.F.F.
27th January 2008, 05:37
Did Kenneth not win NZ a few years ago?

I think it was NZ 1997. So little more than just a few years.

GigiGalliNo1
27th January 2008, 05:58
with what car/s?

Wim_Impreza
27th January 2008, 09:11

Sandell? Which performance can you see that was very impressive? Yes, he won the JWRC title 2006, but he had much luck. He was clearly beaten in speed by Andersson, Aava, Meeke, Wilks, Prokop that year. Last year he won JRC in Finland, but he was also beaten by Prokop until his accident.

I am also surprised in the performance from Andersson. I think we must wait what he can do on gravel and if he can stay on the road the next rallies. Hopefully, this good performance can help him for the future to get a full WRC programm this year.

Woodeye
27th January 2008, 09:14
I vote Stig Blomqvist. He is a name of the future.

tmx
27th January 2008, 09:51
with what car/s?
97's subaru impreza.

pino
27th January 2008, 10:41

I agree, they both need a competitive car though ;)

Josti
27th January 2008, 10:56
Since PG is the only Swede driver with a solid position, he'd normally be the main contender for a WRC win. But in this case, it pretty much depends on the SX4. So far, not as bad as people say, and I'm positive that the Suzuki's will be closer in Sweden and I also expect PG to set some good times overthere.

Though to be realistic, no win this year.

DonJippo
27th January 2008, 12:22
Yes in case there is going to be a WRC winner from Sweden in the future it surely is PG, other Swedes are not even close to his level.

Koppomsbo
27th January 2008, 13:19

for sure he will be a swede rest of his life.. a champ.. no way

Tom206wrc
27th January 2008, 13:34
I didn't say Sandell WILL, but COULD be one of the champions of Sweden... ;)

If he runs PWRC with really promising pace this year, that would be a good indication of his true value :)

Back to PG, that would be interesting to compare with Carlsson on swedish rally, because finally, without mechanical problems it looks like the Suzuki isn't so bad...!!!

But what's the value of the SX4 on pure snow though(as there isn't proper snow on the roads of rallye Monte-Carlo this year)...??? :mark:

Viktory
27th January 2008, 14:35
I have been very impressed by PG's speed and consistency in the SX4. I hope that Suzuki improves, will be very interesting to see the speed of it on snow and gravel!

Magnus
27th January 2008, 18:42
It could be an interesting battle between DC and PG... Guess DC has the upper hand though; he has not that much to loose...

Tomi
27th January 2008, 18:52
Very good driving from Andersson in Monte simular preformance in Sweden and he propably has the seat secured for the rest of the season, maybe Suzuki was not that bad choise of car that many did predict.

Maui J.
27th January 2008, 20:23
I vote Stig Blomqvist. He is a name of the future.

I hope your right. Blomqvist that is...and not for Sweden. Hopefully New Zealand!
Stig lives in Auckland these days and his two sons have been involved in karting for the last few years. They are still young, maybe just teenagers, but hopefully in a few seasons we will see them in a rally car.

Thank you Sweden!