PDA

View Full Version : 2008 TV coverage - Live on ITV4

norwichsam1
25th January 2008, 15:43
Is it just me or are toca leaving the announcement of a tv deal for the coming season extremely late? If I recall correctly in previous years the tv deal would be announced much earlier in order that teams/drivers would be able to use this information in regards to gaining sponsors etc. I may be being pessimistic here but does this indicate that Alan Gow is struggling to put a decent tv deal in place? but I would hate to see btcc being stuck on a 'minority' channel such as Dave (the new home of the wrc) rather than a prime spot on ITV.

ATF
25th January 2008, 17:13
It will surely be announced on media day, no real rush to announce any details is there? As long as I get to watch it, I wouldn't mind if it was on a digital channel - obviously it would be better on ITV1 but the expanded coverage ITV3/4 did was excellent!

fabricator/61
25th January 2008, 19:56
I maybe wrong but I thought the deal announced last year was a three year one?

Alfa Fan
25th January 2008, 20:02
I maybe wrong but I thought the deal announced last year was a three year one?

No, just a single year I think.

cos
25th January 2008, 20:25
I may be being pessimistic here but does this indicate that Alan Gow is struggling to put a decent tv deal in place? but I would hate to see btcc being stuck on a 'minority' channel such as Dave (the new home of the wrc) rather than a prime spot on ITV.

Dave wouldn't be too bad... if racing were to overrun or be delayed for whatever reason it just means they'll postpone an episode of Top Gear you've already seen 16 times before; whereas on ITV1 the schedules (i.e. Corrie) would have to take priority.
Dave is also the most viewed station for men aged 16-44 outside the five main channels; not a bad target audience for a motor racing series...

SEATFreak
26th January 2008, 09:15
Dave wouldn't be too bad... if racing were to overrun or be delayed for whatever reason it just means they'll postpone an episode of Top Gear you've already seen 16 times before; whereas on ITV1 the schedules (i.e. Corrie) would have to take priority.
Dave is also the most viewed station for men aged 16-44 outside the five main channels; not a bad target audience for a motor racing series...

If you notice thought Dave cuts to the adverts at the most in opertune moments during programmes.

But it would share Dave with the WRC so that wouldn't be too bad for many. If it was with Motorsport UK it would be even better. The BTCC and highlights of the TOCA Support series.

tisme
26th January 2008, 16:01
Can I just add something here at this point of the discussion?

DAVE is allegedly owned by the BBC! Or is certainly part of it!

So the prospect of ITV AND BBC showing the BTCC is, by my reckoning... is at best, very slim!

LiamM
26th January 2008, 16:36
Dave is run by uktv. (it used to be ukg2)

uktv is owned 50% by Virgin Media and 50% by BBC Worldwide (the BBC's commerical concern)

tintin
26th January 2008, 18:37
Is it just me or are toca leaving the announcement of a tv deal for the coming season extremely late? If I recall correctly in previous years the tv deal would be announced much earlier in order that teams/drivers would be able to use this information in regards to gaining sponsors etc.

The TV deal is usually announced on media day. I am sure the drives will have been told what it is already.

Eurotech
26th January 2008, 22:53
I dont see what is wrong with Dave...

ed.peters
27th January 2008, 20:24
There is absolutely nothing wrong with DAVE!

We will just have to wait for TOCA to confirm what TV company they have decided on!

Winchester
27th January 2008, 20:29
They announced it at media day last year.
I'm hoping they go for the format used at the last few races last season - race 1 full rerun and race 2 live on itv4 then race 2 live on itv1. I couldn't afford to go to Knockhill last year so thoroughly enjoyed watching the whole day's action at home.

thompp
28th January 2008, 12:41

Last year The Plannets Funniest Animals (standard ITV schedule-filler) followed the BTCC coverage - if the BTCC overran they just cancelled TPFA - no many people would get upset over that!

mattie007
28th January 2008, 22:24
Ive just cancelled Setanta as its not worth £9.99 a month. Far to much foreign football and not enough motorsport.
As long as its on a freeview channel, I don't mind!
Although I used to love Motors TV all day coverage.

30th January 2008, 11:44
According to the ITV schedule people NONE of the BTCC will be on ITV 1 - the plan is that the show will open with a BTCC race at around 12.30 pm on ITV 4 and run through the afternoon with all three of the BTCC races shown live. Some of the support races will be fitted in around the 'main event' as best as they can either live or recorded from earlier on raceday. Clearly the support series will NOT get the extensive live coverage of previous years.

Live coverage of other sporting events may interrupt the afternoon - the Tour De France is one example - this means on those weekends BTCC race 3 will be pushed later in the day perhaps even to the last event - starting as late as 5.30pm where track curfews allow.

I've checked and according to BTCC regulations the minimum time between their races is 90 minutes.

There's no Setanta or Motors TV live coverage of the support series but they do get a show on ITV 4 on a Tuesday early evening repeated the same night around 11.30 on ITV1

JAS

tintin
30th January 2008, 20:36
Setanta last year had:
BTCC and supports
DTM
GP2
Nascar (Nextel Cup and Busch Series)

...that's more than enough motorsport for most people.

mattie007
30th January 2008, 22:00
Setanta last year had:
BTCC and supports
DTM
GP2
Nascar (Nextel Cup and Busch Series)

...that's more than enough motorsport for most people.

Didn't notcie DTM, thought that was Motors TV?

Just not interested in oval racing!

MAX_THRUST
31st January 2008, 16:16
Motors TV was the best coverage of the whole event for me, always have fond memeroies of wasting my Sundays glued to the support series races, which were great.

The only thing wrong with DAVE is the name, DAVE. I know we all know some one called DAVE, but calling a TV channel DAVE. Whats next NUTTS TV!!!!

Setanntatnnatnennatnnne.........like SKY I wont pay for. Hate football, no really I hate football, and I'm straight.

ITV1 as long as Ted I'm an arrogannt sod Cravits isn't in the Pitt I think everyone will be happy.

colinspooky
1st February 2008, 11:21
if the BTCC overran they just cancelled TPFA - no many people would get upset over that!

aww - I like puppies..

Oh, those puppies...... ok agree.

;)

MAX_THRUST
1st February 2008, 11:25
I like puppies too,,,,,,,,,

Oh we 're talking about Planets funniset animals aren't we????

thompp
1st February 2008, 16:58
If you want to "record" freeview chanels over the net - for free - try

http://www.tvcatchup.com

You have 10Gb storage and recordings are streamed (so you cant save them on your PC). Quality is about video quaility, although you can get high levels of pixellation due to high compression rates. Your recordings last for 60 days, and you can request - for 24 hours - something you might have missed.

Useful for recording the BTCC races on freeview over the summer - they haven't yet got ITV4 but they are hoping to add it soon.

8)

Pete

m0rk
2nd February 2008, 19:00
They just ran an advert with BTCC on it.

SO I guess they've announced it... inadvertantly.

Speedworx
2nd February 2008, 19:30
What was on the advert?

Just BTCC races?
All day coverage (ie all support races and BTCC races)?

m0rk
2nd February 2008, 20:48
What was on the advert?

Just BTCC races?
All day coverage (ie all support races and BTCC races)?

it was flashing through all the stuff they're putting on ITV4 because it's going to be on all the time now.

so I've no idea...

VkmSpouge
4th February 2008, 10:41
They've officially announced the TV deal now. ITV4 will be showing five hours of each race day live for all bar two events (which will get 3 hours of coverage live). ITV1 and Men & Motors will then show an hour of highlights later in the week.
Shame the live race has gone from terrestial TV but at least ITV4 isn't a hard channel to get.

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=845

Lunaboy
4th February 2008, 14:50
They've officially announced the TV deal now. ITV4 will be showing five hours of each race day live for all bar two events (which will get 3 hours of coverage live). ITV1 and Men & Motors will then show an hour of highlights later in the week.
Shame the live race has gone from terrestial TV but at least ITV4 isn't a hard channel to get.

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=845

What is terrestrial tv?

Is ITV4 a "free to air" channel, if so i can receive it on my satellite dish?

Marc W
4th February 2008, 15:16
It's free but on digital tv only so If it's a digital satalite dish then yes (assuming you can pick up a strong enough signal in Belgium!), otherwise no.

MAX_THRUST
4th February 2008, 15:27
ITV4 that was all was said really. BTCC, and other stuff.

It was saying that ITV4 is coming to day times...........Please let it be whole day coverage LIVE.

I would sleep with Cherry Blair to see that..........yeah that desperate.

Lunaboy
4th February 2008, 15:27
Will check, does anyone know on wich satellite you can receive it?

Mark
4th February 2008, 15:50
Terrestrial are the channels which are broadcast in analogue in the UK namely BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, Ch4 and five.

Digital terrestrial is also broadcast across the air and these include more channels including ITV4.

ITV4 is on satellite Astra 2D (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astra_2D) 10758V 22000 5/6

Hope that helps.

Lunaboy
4th February 2008, 15:54
Terrestrial are the channels which are broadcast in analogue in the UK namely BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, Ch4 and five.

Digital terrestrial is also broadcast across the air and these include more channels including ITV4.

ITV4 is on satellite Astra 2D (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astra_2D) 10758V 22000 5/6

Hope that helps.

Thanks! Will come back and tell you if it work's! ;)

Mp3 Astra
4th February 2008, 17:25
http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=1855

It says: " Furthermore, ITVs website www.itv.com (http://www.itv.com) will live-stream each Sunday afternoon BTCC broadcast".

I don't know if you can access video from the site from outside the UK, but anyone on here without freeview can use this instead!

It's fantastic news that we're getting 5 hours coverage! I wasn't expecting it at all, although I'm probably going to have to buy a DVD recorder to fit it all on; 3 hour VHS tapes just won't cut it any more!

Allyc85
4th February 2008, 17:43
FFS not eveyone can get freeview or afford to buy digital!! Not happy at all with this decision as an hours highlights isnt good enough!!

Alfa Fan
4th February 2008, 17:46
Well watch it online then!!!http://www.trax-models.co.uk/

Allyc85
4th February 2008, 17:48
With my dodgy internet connection it would be rubbish and TBH its not really the point. The best sports should be available for everyone to watch.

Iain
4th February 2008, 18:35
The analogue switch off in your area is next year apparantly (going by your location), so you'll need digital anyway.

Alfa Fan
4th February 2008, 18:36
The digital switch off in your area is next year apparantly (going by your location), so you'll need digital anyway.

Shouldn't that be analogue switch off? Or Digital switch over?

Mp3 Astra
4th February 2008, 18:38
Maybe Iain knows something about the future of British TV... :p :

FYI
You can pick up a Freeview box from Argos for £15 these days.

nicemms
4th February 2008, 18:50
Well I'm never going to fit all of the btcc season onto my hard drive recorder! Just have to record highlights program and wait for review dvd!

But its great news. No one will be able to get me to do anything on Sunday afternoons!

Allyc85
4th February 2008, 18:52
The analogue switch off in your area is next year apparantly (going by your location), so you'll need digital anyway.

Exactly, next year, not now! Once we switch over il get myself a freeview box :)

Mp3 Astra
4th February 2008, 18:59
Well I'm never going to fit all of the btcc season onto my hard drive recorder! Just have to record highlights program and wait for review dvd!

But its great news. No one will be able to get me to do anything on Sunday afternoons!

I just realised that, yesterday, I applied for a job that involves working on a Sunday. I'd better get that application form back quickly...

mattie007
4th February 2008, 20:04
Glad I cancelled setanta now! Good coverage for next season.

Mark
5th February 2008, 08:07
Exactly, next year, not now! Once we switch over il get myself a freeview box :)

Why not get yourself a freeview box now and enjoy a years BTCC coverage?

CroftPilgrim
5th February 2008, 12:44
I know we'll get the usual complaints of "why isn't it live on ITV1/BBC1?" or whatever, but the truth is, Alan Gow can't force them to take it. It's what the networks are prepared to show. That's why Motors pulled out - it wasn't financially viable and they weren't prepared to show it. We all know that such an exciting series SHOULD be on the main terrestrial channels but it doesn't work that way.

At least we're getting to watch it, and live at that. It hasn't always been the case...

Mark
5th February 2008, 12:49
I would go as far as to say it's the best coverage the BTCC has ever had.

Showing all three races live on terrerstial TV was never going to happen! Besides it won't be very long before ITV4 is a terrestrial channel everyone can receive.

thompp
5th February 2008, 15:46
When we've all gone fully digital ITV4 will be as accessible as ITV1. I like the deal - the one hour highlights later in the week is what we had in 2006 and much better than the half hour - five-minutes-a-race - we had last year.

I always found it unreliable trying to record stuff at the weekend when I was away - c'mon http://www.tvcatchup.com get ITV4 quickly.

Captain VXR
5th February 2008, 17:34
I don't yet get itv4 coverage at my house dammit :mad:

Einix
5th February 2008, 18:30
Captain VXR you could try free sat from sky which has ITV4 and costs a one off payment of £150.

Lunaboy
7th February 2008, 09:57

Hope that helps.

It works! :) :) :)

Dave B
7th February 2008, 13:07
I always found it unreliable trying to record stuff at the weekend when I was away - c'mon www.tvcatchup.com (http://www.tvcatchup.com) get ITV4 quickly.
I'd say that far from expanding its lineup, that site will soon be too busy defending legal action from the broadcasters ;)

Captain VXR you could try free sat from sky which has ITV4 and costs a one off payment of £150.
You don't even need "Sky" equipment, far cheaper (and dare I say better) non-Sky equipment is available if you don't want a subscription. Alternatively, if you want more channels, get a free box from Sky and pay £16/month.

AndyRAC
7th February 2008, 14:53
From reading MNews, it looks as though ITV4 are going to promote it properly. Well done, it's a pity they didn't do that with the WRC coverage. However it looks as though ITV4 we soon be the ITV Sport channel.

ATF
20th March 2008, 11:33
With F1 off to BBC, the BTCC will soon be ITVs only motorsport coverage (aside from Eurosport's WTCC highlights programme)! They've now got rid of F1, rally and superbikes in the past year - hopefully not just a matter of time before BTCC disappears?! :(

Alfa Fan
20th March 2008, 11:35
I think this will be the last year of BTCC on ITV. I would accept the loss of live coverage if the BBC put together a really good highlights program, shown just before or after the GP? The BTCC highlights packages in the late 90s were really top notch.

ATF
20th March 2008, 11:43
I hope they don't get rid of the live coverage, surely it would be like taking a step backwards? See ITV have announced the 2008 line-up:

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=875&PHPSESSID=384fe6c289739dee3d4ab5fc3e1affaa

Personally I would get rid of Ted and have Angus Scott. I vaguely remember her (Rio!!) from BSB but can't remember if she was any good! Hopefully not another Dawn McDaniel! :eek:

LiamM
20th March 2008, 11:45
Wasnt this live ITV4 deal for 3 years?

BDunnell
20th March 2008, 11:55
I think live TV coverage on a major channel is so vital to any sport nowadays that TOCA would be mad to let it slip away.

Glad to see Steve Rider presenting the BTCC again, albeit for one race only.

AndyRAC
20th March 2008, 12:34
I hope they don't get rid of the live coverage, surely it would be like taking a step backwards? See ITV have announced the 2008 line-up:

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=875&PHPSESSID=384fe6c289739dee3d4ab5fc3e1affaa

Personally I would get rid of Ted and have Angus Scott. I vaguely remember her (Rio!!) from BSB but can't remember if she was any good! Hopefully not another Dawn McDaniel! :eek:

No, oh no, remember her from BSB, she was hopeless....

thompp
20th March 2008, 13:24
I I vaguely remember her (Rio!!) from BSB but can't remember if she was any good!

It was only last year! ....and she seemed to be quite competent.

Iain
20th March 2008, 14:14
Angus Scott works for Sultana Sports now, so he won't be there. Good to hear Steve Rider is on board at Brands. Just like old times!

Not too impressed with that story though, stating that Tim Harvey and Ben Edwards have been the commentary team since 2002. What about the much missed Will Hoy?! :( He was the main co-commentator in 2002 when his Honda Racing duties didn't get in the way.

ATF
20th March 2008, 15:02
Angus Scott works for Sultana Sports now, so he won't be there. Good to hear Steve Rider is on board at Brands. Just like old times!

Shame we're stuck with Ted "I work in F1, you know" Kravitz for the rest of the season tho!

Not too impressed with that story though, stating that Tim Harvey and Ben Edwards have been the commentary team since 2002.

Indeed, Tim was still racing with VLR then!

Iain
20th March 2008, 15:16
Absolutely!

VX_Rules
20th March 2008, 15:20
Maybe, if the BTCC ends up on BBC like F1, we could end up with a bit of Suzi Perry.... ;)

thompp
20th March 2008, 16:25
Maybe, if the BTCC ends up on BBC like F1, we could end up with a bit of Suzi Perry.... ;)

weh hey! now you're talking !!!! 8P

Iain
20th March 2008, 16:44
Why?! I don't see the fascination with her at all.

Isn't it better to have someone who can first and foremost ask intelligent questions?

VX_Rules
20th March 2008, 17:12
Have you not seen her run down the pit lane in Leather pants?

Lmao, and no she actually is quite intelligent and a good presenter, see The Gagdget Show? And she does a good job on the MotoGP.

MattL
20th March 2008, 18:32
Wasnt this live ITV4 deal for 3 years?

Yes.

AndyRAC
20th March 2008, 22:00

I don't think she is that interested in cars. She does love her bikes though, let's hope BBC keep the Moto GP coverage.
Agree about her grid walkabout in Leather pants,......

...and she seems to know what she's talking about.

I wonder how long ITV will keep the BTCC for. I mean they've lost F1, WRC.

VX_Rules
20th March 2008, 22:46
Just because its a so many year deal. ITV was meant to have F1 till 2010. So it means nothing...

LiamM
21st March 2008, 11:12
Well the decision to have the BTCC live on ITV4 for 3 years must have been made at about the same time they decided to get rid of F1 a year early. It would have taken the BBC a while to put something together for Bernie to accept, they just didnt ring Bernie up yesterday and decided they didnt want it

Lunaboy
21st March 2008, 11:47
Is there a timing for ITV?

tintin
21st March 2008, 12:31
Well the decision to have the BTCC live on ITV4 for 3 years must have been made at about the same time they decided to get rid of F1 a year early. It would have taken the BBC a while to put something together for Bernie to accept, they just didnt ring Bernie up yesterday and decided they didnt want it

Actually the BBC F1 deal took less than a week from start to finish.

Lunaboy
21st March 2008, 12:32
British Touring Car ChampionshipITV 4Brands HatchSteve Rider introduces live coverage of the opening round of the season at Brands Hatch, where Fabrizio Giovanardi begins the defence of his title. The Italian finished three points ahead of his nearest rival Jason Plato and now has 2005 and 2006 champion Matt Neal alongside him at Vauxhall, which doesn't bode well for their competitors. Commentary by Ben Edwards and Tim Harvey, with reports from Janie Omorogbe SUBSport/Motor Sport
Sunday 30th March on ITV 4 from 12:30pm to 5:30pm

http://www.itv.com

Scuderia ferrari
21st March 2008, 16:02
Not Steve Squirelhead! Anybody but him. Who's he gonna suck up to in BTCC then?

Iain
22nd March 2008, 07:15
People don't like Steve Rider or Ted Kravitz or Angus Scott. Who on earth do they like then?! :mark:

Scuderia ferrari
24th March 2008, 22:14
It would be better if they didn't have any stupid presenters and just focused on the racing. Ben Edwards and Tim Harvey do a great job commentating, why can't Ted Krapitz or Steve Squirelhead or Angus Scotchegg?

Mp3 Astra
25th March 2008, 00:39
They should just have Jason Plato present the show - he's a good TV personality, and we know he's interested in Touring Cars! :D

What about one of the guys who commentate the support races? They seem pretty good at what they do...

thompp
25th March 2008, 11:00
Why?! I don't see the fascination with her at all.

She's gorgeous....

Isn't it better to have someone who can first and foremost ask intelligent questions?

IMHO I think thats slightly unfair (implying Suzi doesnt)......and not necesssarily..!

Iain
25th March 2008, 11:16
She's gorgeous....

Which isn't the first requirement for a good interviewer......

IMHO I think thats slightly unfair (implying Suzi doesnt)......and not necesssarily..!

I wasn't implying that at all. I was just saying that ability should come before looks for that job. I haven't seen enough of her work doing motorbikes to comment on that, as I don't like or see the point of motorbikes.

Scuderia ferrari
25th March 2008, 17:47
They should just have Jason Plato present the show - he's a good TV personality, and we know he's interested in Touring Cars! :D

What about one of the guys who commentate the support races? They seem pretty good at what they do...

My thoughts exatly. All these F1 presenters look so nervous and out of their ideal zone that's it's hard not to mock them.

tintin
25th March 2008, 18:15

What they are good at is commentating though - presenting is a very different discipline.

Coops
25th March 2008, 18:23
It'd be great to have the living legend that is Steve Rider presenting! Just like the old days! Or Martin Haven from Motors, very clued up. I liked Harvey as a driver, but his commentating seems a bit samey. Lots and lots of talks of overlaps. Ben Edwards is good, I used to like it when he commentated on CART with the other bloke whos name escapes me just now :confused: There's a Geordie guy on Motors who seem very good too, I love it when he gets excited and you need to translate from Newcastle-ish!

Marc W
25th March 2008, 18:37
There's a Geordie guy on Motors who seem very good too, I love it when he gets excited and you need to translate from Newcastle-ish!

John Hindhaugh

tintin
25th March 2008, 18:48
John Hindhaugh

...And he's a Mackem, so he'll not be impressed with all this Geordie talk!

Coops
25th March 2008, 18:52
Part of being a soft southerner, I can't tell the difference sorry! :)

Mark
26th March 2008, 08:20
I can't understand Sunderlandish at all :p

Was Jeremy Shaw who you are thinking of?

Iain
26th March 2008, 19:58
Definitely John Hindhaugh, Mark. Did the support races for the BTCC over the past few years. Really enthusiastic commentator. :)

thompp
26th March 2008, 21:22
Definitely John Hindhaugh, Mark. Did the support races for the BTCC over the past few years. Really enthusiastic commentator. :)

Ditto that.

dave391
29th March 2008, 08:31
i thought all races were to be shown live programme starts on itv4 at 12.30 but the first race is at 11.30

cos
29th March 2008, 12:26
i thought all races were to be shown live programme starts on itv4 at 12.30 but the first race is at 11.30

No - all BTCC races will be shown in full; meaning the first BTCC race will be shown "as live". Here's the original announcement: http://btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=845

ready2rock
29th March 2008, 13:08
That still says the 1st race is one hour before the program starts though as Dave391 says

cos
30th March 2008, 00:23
That still says the 1st race is one hour before the program starts though as Dave391 says

? Nowhere did it say that all three races would be live. Just that they would be broadcast in full.

maxu05
30th March 2008, 06:02
Is there a website that covers the BTCC ? I have no coverage over here in China, so it would be great to see it online if possible. All I get is Motogp and F1, and occasionally I get A1 highlights, or the Asian cup series for open wheelers.

BDunnell
30th March 2008, 17:29
Well, I thought ITV's coverage of the meeting today was generally excellent. It was good to see the support races on a major channel, Steve Rider presented the whole thing extremely well as one would expect, and the commentary was all good. The only low point was Janie Omorogbe, who I thought was inane and too giggly.

LiamM
30th March 2008, 19:55
The only low point was Janie Omorogbe, who I thought was inane and too giggly.

And who managed to say 'the riders'. Whilst standing looking at a car

VkmSpouge
30th March 2008, 21:03
I thought the coverage was decent. A pity we can't have Steve Rider every race meeting.

AndyRAC
30th March 2008, 21:10
Must admit I thought the coverage was good, and did't know the support races would be shown. They were good as well. Let's hope the coverage remains as good. As for Janie - she didn't impress me last year doing BSB, so why they've employed her for this - who knows?

Mp3 Astra
30th March 2008, 23:06
Good coverage, nice graphics and a generally very good all-round show. I've only watched some of it because I didn't get back from Brands very long ago, but from the couple of hours I've seen it's nice.

I'm not so sure about the intro sequence though. Maybe it'll grow on me.

wedge
30th March 2008, 23:33
Who's the new guy commentating on the support races? Don't think I've come across him before.

tintin
30th March 2008, 23:53
Who's the new guy commentating on the support races? Don't think I've come across him before.

Richard John Neil.
He's been doing BTCC supports for ITV (and Motors and Setanta) on and off for several years.

Mark
31st March 2008, 08:23
Yep, I thought the coverage was very good. My only gripe is that the adverts were very long and very frequent.

poole123
31st March 2008, 09:41
I thought the coverage was good but there could have been a little more coverage of some of the slower cars as there was some great battles throughout the day.

Brown, Jon Brow
31st March 2008, 12:29
Yep, I thought the coverage was very good. My only gripe is that the adverts were very long and very frequent.

Here's a top tip, work on sundays and set the recorder for 5 hours, then spend sunday evening watching it and you can flick through the adverts ;)

I think the coverage was one of the best for any sporting event for a long time. Very enjoyable to watch, well done ITV :up:

wedge
31st March 2008, 15:16
Well, I thought ITV's coverage of the meeting today was generally excellent. It was good to see the support races on a major channel

I think they should have the previous format on ITV1. I hardly left the house when MotorsTV showed the TOCA package live.

FIA
31st March 2008, 16:17
Does anyone know what the song is called that played mainly during the race highlights after the races were shown?

Iain
31st March 2008, 18:37
I thought the coverage was good. They introduced the whole BTCC field to us and spoke to plenty of different drivers and personnel. The new reporter did very well I thought, she actually asked intelligent questions and showed she listened to their answers, which in turn gave her more questions to ask. :) She sounds like she's done her research as well.

BTCC2
31st March 2008, 20:07
I wish Steve Rider was doing the rest of the season.

Funks
31st March 2008, 21:06
Janie did a great job.
Certainly the best female presenter/reporter that the BTCC coverage has had - although having said that, the competition for that honour includes Dawn McDaniel, Terri Dwyer and V B-H....
We'll overlook the fact that her break in TV was as a Gladiator!

Coops
31st March 2008, 21:31
I wish Steve Rider was doing the rest of the season.

Me too! Although with F1 moving to BBC, the BTCC should become ITV's premier motorsport series, and hopefully Steve will present! Lets hope!