PDA

View Full Version : Rally Monte Carlo coverage cancelled on Rally-Live.com!

FAlonso
23rd January 2008, 21:49
Sorry if this is a repost. I see this as very bad news since it was such a good source of information, pictures, everything (even without membership access).

The site´s report on the matter--->
http://www.rally-live.com/wrc/en/accueil/news1.shtml

CPR1116
23rd January 2008, 21:52
Does anyone know a site that will give coverage similar to rally-live. Live timing & news etc ????? rally-live was the only site I ever used to check WRC stuff. Also pretty poor by the rights holders to wait until 2 days before the first rally of the year to deny them access.

c4
23rd January 2008, 21:56
Real shame as this site was more up to date, more in depth stories and more reliable than wrc.com which has got worse with regards news.

Josti
23rd January 2008, 22:05
What a shame, wrc.com has to really pove themselfs that's for sure...

They're used to be a lot of great pictures on Rallylive. Also before WRC virtual, I always followed rallylive, which in my opinion was better than WRC.com.

Tom206wrc
23rd January 2008, 22:13
:mad: :mad:

L5->R5/CR
24th January 2008, 05:21
So North One wants people to have to go to WRC.com so bad that they will shut down rivals?

What a cowardly move by North One. Put out a quality product and you'll attract the visitors, but to stab the competition in the back, that is just low.

wrc_flipper
24th January 2008, 08:00
So North One wants people to have to go to WRC.com so bad that they will shut down rivals?

What a cowardly move by North One. Put out a quality product and you'll attract the visitors, but to stab the competition in the back, that is just low.

Well since ISC near went bust last year and were bailed out by NorthOneTV then I would imagine NorthOne want to keep all money makig services to themselves rather than providing information at a price to other sites.
Remains to be seen of wrc.com will a) provide all the info we would like and b) cope with the traffic!

RS
24th January 2008, 09:00
This is utterly crazy.

Another nail (albeit a small one) in the coffin for WRC.

What next, are they going to ban all newspaper and magazine coverage? (not that there is much anyway)

AndyRAC
24th January 2008, 09:10
This is utterly crazy.

Another nail (albeit a small one) in the coffin for WRC.

What next, are they going to ban all newspaper and magazine coverage? (not that there is much anyway)

Exactly, what coverage??

Didn't see any coverage of the season launch on Sunday night in the papers the next day. When the F1 season starts most papers have special supplements and previews, with the WRC we have to be grateful for a few lines, if that!! :mad: :mad:

Tom206wrc
24th January 2008, 10:22
Please cure my worryness...the estonian split times website will work this season again, at least ??? :rolleyes:

Jaanus
24th January 2008, 10:24
The two Estonian split sites both got their info from wrc.com. If there are no splits in wrc.com this year then those sites will not work.

MJW
24th January 2008, 11:17
Shame - I really enjoyed the hi-res pictures, does anyone know of a similar site showing hi-res pictures of the WRC?

J4MIE
24th January 2008, 11:23
Well since ISC near went bust last year and were bailed out by NorthOneTV then I would imagine NorthOne want to keep all money makig services to themselves rather than providing information at a price to other sites.

Well as I understand it, it's probably illegal as it's preventing competition.

Either way, it seems as though Rally-Live is a bit pissed off...

wrc_flipper
24th January 2008, 11:30

Yahoo/Eurosport website coverage has also been cut off http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/23012008/29/rally-monte-carlo-coverage-cancelled.html
- but to be fair - didnt know that they did coverage.

Tom206wrc
24th January 2008, 11:35
Shame on David Richards !!!! :mad:

As I expect BFGoodrich website won't give live-results this year anymore, do you know if Pirelli will provide this internet service ??? :confused:

I feel gutted if nowhere we can freely follow the WRC on the Web... ;(

Leon
24th January 2008, 11:51

As always there are two sides of a split story, or better it takes two to tango. I wonder what is North One side of this story?

wrc_flipper
24th January 2008, 12:14
Shame on David Richards !!!! :mad:

As I expect BFGoodrich website won't give live-results this year anymore, do you know if Pirelli will provide this internet service ??? :confused:

I feel gutted if nowhere we can freely follow the WRC on the Web... ;(

Whats David Richards got to do with it - he left ISC a couple of years back, fine he was one of the people who started the company, but somone had to!

Just have to wait and see tonight if wrc.com or any site offer times.

turves
24th January 2008, 12:29
WRC.com is a joke anyway. Its now nearly 12:30 UK time, and still no shakedown results. If this is cutting edge it need sharpening! They should get the Rally.Live guys to run WRC.com and then it would be decent...

bluuford
24th January 2008, 12:39
Shakedown times can be found directly from amc website:-)

turves
24th January 2008, 12:44
Shakedown times can be found directly from amc website:-)

I know, I'm making the point that WRC.com is supposed to be the 'Official' website of the WRC, and yet they are usually the last to report things, and its usually wrong...

Neodyum
24th January 2008, 13:19
The problem with Rally-Live isn't there...
They didn't pay what they have to (and not to ISC). No surprise then.

koko0703
24th January 2008, 13:55
It's a shame that Rally-Live won't be able to cover WRC anymore. I've been always checked Rally-Live before going to wrc.com since their info is more up to date, and the website overall was much better than wrc.com.

JAM
24th January 2008, 14:23
One thing that i dont understand is why people should pay to have acess to the information?

The stage times are made by the organizers. This happens in all rallyes, event in regional rallyes in eache country. Why on WRC this results need to be paid?

It sucks this way of doing business. We don't see real WRC promotion on media, but we see the promoters acting as they do a great job!

Waldrons11
24th January 2008, 14:46
It is a shame, but I guess as with everything it will have come down to money. ISC/North One are not a charity after all!

We'll just have to hope that the new look wrc.com keeps up its impressive new look. And at least its free!! Expecting lots of new video/news content from first rally, up to date interviews, on board clips etc.

cassius
24th January 2008, 15:10
seems to me that theres a bit of sour grapes going on here - wrc.com has changed - its gone free - and the old site was pay per play - sounds like wrc.com are trying to get rid of the pay sites rally live could do the free only - love to find out what really happened

jonkka
24th January 2008, 16:15
It is a shame, but I guess as with everything it will have come down to money. ISC/North One are not a charity after all!

Quite right, they are not a charity. Yet, as this sport is essentially a showcase and marketing tool for manufacturers, do you think they'll take it kindly if they can reach potential customers only through one channel and only customers that are willing to pay for the coverage? A few years back Peugeot threatened to withdraw if coverage does not remain free. Paying for the coverage makes sense only if by doing so viewer is not forced to see any commercials at all.

Waldrons11
24th January 2008, 16:28
Quite right, they are not a charity. Yet, as this sport is essentially a showcase and marketing tool for manufacturers, do you think they'll take it kindly if they can reach potential customers only through one channel and only customers that are willing to pay for the coverage? A few years back Peugeot threatened to withdraw if coverage does not remain free. Paying for the coverage makes sense only if by doing so viewer is not forced to see any commercials at all.

I don't understand what you're saying. We DON'T have to pay for the coverage on WRC.COM.

DonJippo
24th January 2008, 16:44
love to find out what really happened

Me too so far we know this only from one side...

tmx
25th January 2008, 09:42
i am pretty disapointed with the new wrc website interm of information. i did not even find the screen for any timing. with the old websites there were splits and result for all the rallies and stages going back a couple years.

atleast i have crash.net for the updates, although they aren't as organized.

Daniel
25th January 2008, 10:45
This isn't the first and certainly won't be the last time that the ISC have boned a rally site to either shut them down or make life difficult for them. I wonder how soon it will be that the only people who get media passes and tabards will be ISC employees? I wonder if the ISC had a problem with a particular colour scheme rally-live were using or something :rolleyes:

RS
25th January 2008, 10:49
This isn't the first and certainly won't be the last time that the ISC have boned a rally site to either shut them down or make life difficult for them. I wonder how soon it will be that the only people who get media passes and tabards will be ISC employees? I wonder if the ISC had a problem with a particular colour scheme rally-live were using or something :rolleyes:

Surely they wouldn't be that petty? ;)

Daniel
25th January 2008, 10:52
Surely they wouldn't be that petty? ;)

No of course not ;) You couldn't make it up could you ;)