PDA

View Full Version : WRC4

racer69
22nd January 2008, 20:46
Anyone still playing this game?

Picked it up rather cheap the other day, have been playing WRC2 for years, thought it about time i'd try a later version!

Good fun, handling is quite different from WRC2, and the stages are quite nice.

I recall reading when it first came out that WRC4 featured Group N cars, but all i can find in there are the WRCs and S1600s. Were the Group N PWRC cars actually in the game??

Pawprint
22nd January 2008, 22:37
Yeah, when I have time. Great game.

The PWRC cars can be unlocked in the normal way, just look for the names in the list of unlocks, you'll see 'Lancer Evo VIII' or something, and it's not WRC, because they are allready unlocked.

Hope that makes sense.

AndyRAC
23rd January 2008, 12:10
Yeah, still playing this game, in fact I'm still playing WRC II & WRC 5 as well. Create a profile 'SECRETS' and you should be able to unlock everything, including the Grp N cars.
Agree the handling is different to the earlier games, and the stages are good, the long ones aren't as long as the ones in WRC II, but challenging though. Was playing WRC5 last night, and it was definately a missed opportunity, looks very similar to WRC4 but there are only 3 stages per Rally, and the Stages are shortened by half. Why?? Like the cars off, going slow in the stage but don't like the Rock falls, got wiped out in Argentina.....

bryst
21st February 2008, 16:26
I still play this game quite often and still think it's the best rally game to date.Yes better than all of Colin Mcraes games. I find it more realistic than the other games and the Swedish rally is just brilliant imo.

MrJan
21st February 2008, 19:09
I'm not so sure. CMR2 took up far more of my time than WRC ever could because while not as good looking or realistic it was just more fun.

UKOG~Will
21st February 2008, 19:48
I liked WRC2 and WRC4 - best WRC games in the series...Evolved was rubbish and WRC3 wasn't that brilliant but was ok.

AndyRAC
22nd February 2008, 08:28
I liked WRC2 and WRC4 - best WRC games in the series...Evolved was rubbish and WRC3 wasn't that brilliant but was ok.

Yeah, here, here, I agree. Never really got into WRC2 - until about 2 months ago, now I can't stop playing it. WRC4 is a good all round game - good stages, decent length. Got WRC3 the other day for less than a tenner, not a bad game - better than I remember it- I rented it for a few days when it came out and didn't like it. Forgotten that Hirvonen was in the game.
Don't know what happened with WRC5 - short stages, only 3 stages per Rally. Missed opportunity..