PDA

View Full Version : Tommi Mäkinen Racing take over Subaru WRC ?

A.F.F.
22nd January 2008, 05:41
According to Veikkaaja, Tommi Mäkinen Racing is interested in consideration to take over Subaru WRC. Should they do better job than Prodrive is just a speculation but it would be neat idea to have WRC team located in Finland ;)

SubaruNorway
22nd January 2008, 07:50
According to Veikkaaja, Tommi Mäkinen Racing is interested in consideration to take over Subaru WRC. Should they do better job than Prodrive is just a speculation but it would be neat idea to have WRC team located in Finland ;)

again this was posted several months ago to

A.F.F.
22nd January 2008, 09:02
again this was posted several months ago to

Really? Sorry then, my bad. I usually try to look every thread but now I jmust have missed it.

Please remove this to bitspace moderators.

N.O.T
22nd January 2008, 09:09
it would be nice to see subaru turn into a village team....they are not doing any better job now anyway.

urabus-denoS2000
22nd January 2008, 09:30
The main reason why Prodrive is doing its job badly is that they are competing in lots of sports(rally,australian circuit races,F1 plans,Aston Martin,...) at once .You cant get good results like that.Results will come when they focus on one thing.

grugsticles
22nd January 2008, 09:44
The main reason why Prodrive is doing its job badly is that they are competing in lots of sports(rally,australian circuit races,F1 plans,Aston Martin,...) at once .You cant get good results like that.Results will come when they focus on one thing.
Yeah I agree.
In theory is shouldnt mater, but in the real world it obviously does.

leno
22nd January 2008, 10:37

not neceserrly you can get more experiance, but yes in subaru they dont focus enough

J4MIE
22nd January 2008, 10:38
How big is Tommi Mäkinen Racing these days?

A.F.F.
22nd January 2008, 10:41
How big is Tommi Mäkinen Racing these days?

It's huge. It's a size of a village team. Didn't you read above?

Zes
22nd January 2008, 11:10
It's huge. It's a size of a village team. Didn't you read above?

They are starting to build a 3000m2 factory in Puuppola. Maybe the factory has a village inside it too...

turves
22nd January 2008, 12:36
Lets not go down this route, if the FIA read this we'll have Village 1 and Village 2 teams in the WRC, or maybe Village, Town and City teams... :laugh:

Larry_Japan
22nd January 2008, 15:54
I would love to see Tommi as a team boss... he has a similar temperament & outlook to Malcolm Wilson, I think, and could definitely bring Subaru back to their best. What's his personal relationship like with Petter?

turves
22nd January 2008, 16:03
What's his personal relationship like with Petter?

Very good. They got on very well at Subaru together, and Tommi helped Petter towards his title, no doubt about that. I was with the team after Rally GB 2003 and Petter said as much.

N.O.T
22nd January 2008, 16:51
I would love to see Tommi as a team boss...

HA HA HA imagine all the english interviews with him...that would be the main attraction of all WRC events.....

DonJippo
22nd January 2008, 17:02
HA HA HA imagine all the english interviews with him...that would be the main attraction of all WRC events.....

Yes Tommi has always had a habit to let the results to speake on his behalf rather than using the media to whine all sort of things...

Donney
22nd January 2008, 17:03
That would be a nice change, even if Prodrive has done an amazing job all these years, I think they don't seem to be capable anymore.

A.F.F.
22nd January 2008, 20:07

That would be a bonus. What is "hivenen" in english ?? Because everything is "hivenen" to Tommi when you look at his interviews :D

N.O.T
22nd January 2008, 21:03
Yes Tommi has always had a habit to let the results to speake on his behalf rather than using the media to whine all sort of things...

especially when he went to a team where he didn't have his finnish friends giving him the best treatment....he was trailling solbergs times like a loyal dog.

Tomi
22nd January 2008, 21:12
especially when he went to a team where he didn't have his finnish friends giving him the best treatment....he was trailling solbergs times like a loyal dog.

does it still bother you that Tommi drove circles around your favorite, or does is it just that your favorite sheep has the period ;)

JAM
22nd January 2008, 23:43

... but that was only until the move to Subaru. After that Tommi really had to speak, because the results didn't spoke at all :D

WRCfan
23rd January 2008, 03:25
Tommi didn't do that bad at Subaru. He was still fast. Maybe it appears a bit of a flop because of his dominant nature he had while with Mistubishi in their glory years.....

janneppi
23rd January 2008, 06:26
That would be a bonus. What is "hivenen" in english ??
In Tommi mäkinen english, it's eversou slaitli :p :

N.O.T
23rd January 2008, 13:48
... but that was only until the move to Subaru. After that Tommi really had to speak, because the results didn't spoke at all :D

yes when he went into a team which had a good driver in it he started look like a sick dog....thank god they decided to put that sick dog to sleep at subaru fast enough.

DonJippo
23rd January 2008, 19:59
or does is it just that your favorite sheep has the period ;)

Sheep...judging by his posts it's dogs he is intrested on ... ;)

A.F.F.
23rd January 2008, 20:21
In Tommi mäkinen english, it's eversou slaitli :p :

:laugh: :up:

COD
23rd January 2008, 22:52
Before people get too carried away, remember that at least 70% of the "scoops" that Veikkaaja magazine publishes turn out to be rubish

koko0703
24th January 2008, 13:59
I'm not so sure about Tommi being the manager of SWRT but I believe it is good for SWRT to have Tommi on the team, maybe as a test driver or technical advisor. For last couple years, the laptops haven't done much right for SWRT, so maybe it's time to listen to the ppl who have the experience of driving a rally car.

N.O.T
24th January 2008, 14:07
I'm not so sure about Tommi being the manager of SWRT but I believe it is good for SWRT to have Tommi on the team, maybe as a test driver or technical advisor. For last couple years, the laptops haven't done much right for SWRT, so maybe it's time to listen to the ppl who have the experience of driving a rally car.

the thing is that the laptops did a good job for citroen and ford....so instead of hiring an overrated has been its better to hire people who can use the laptops.

A.F.F.
24th January 2008, 14:13
Bravo Mr.Mousefart *clap clap*

I know this is an open forum with a freedom of speech and an opinion but can you tell me with what right you keen to harrash sheeps can call a four-time world champion an overrated ????

Mirek
24th January 2008, 14:17
In my point of wiev not much can be done until they refuse the obsolete boxer engine with its only possible mounting infront of front axles.

N.O.T
24th January 2008, 15:42
Bravo Mr.Mousefart *clap clap*

I know this is an open forum with a freedom of speech and an opinion but can you tell me with what right you keen to harrash sheeps can call a four-time world champion an overrated ????

let me see.....why would i call him that ??

He went to a team which never cared for anyone else other than tommi because of Mr Lampi....the fact that they won only 1 championship as a manufacturer confirms that i think....always chosing 2nd class drivers or unexperienced ones to acompany him. oh and the fact that one of his championship was because a mechanical failure 1 km before the finish....and did i mention his luck...the rallies makinen won and lead from start to finish are less than 0.2....

a great driver yes a champ yes but hugely overated.....

His 4 championships will mean nothing after this year....booo hoooo !!!!!

cut the b.s.
24th January 2008, 16:03

He went to a team which never cared for anyone else other than tommi because of Mr Lampi....the fact that they won only 1 championship as a manufacturer confirms that i think....always chosing 2nd class drivers or unexperienced ones to acompany him. oh and the fact that one of his championship was because a mechanical failure 1 km before the finish....and did i mention his luck...the rallies makinen won and lead from start to finish are less than 0.2....

What an idiotic post

A.F.F.
24th January 2008, 16:06

Woodeye
24th January 2008, 17:07

That's maybe the most idiotic post you've ever managed to write in this forum. And that's a lot I say. I really don't know what your problem is and I'm not that interested to find out, but have you ever considered moving to F1 -forum?

Now be a good Papadopoulos, take your sheep and keep on going. Nobody here is interested about your personal crusade against Mr. Mäkinen.

urabus-denoS2000
24th January 2008, 20:08
I really dont want to attack anyone,but thats a pretty stupid post.I have not been long on this forum,but that is definetly the stupidest post I have seen.
Tommi is and will always one of the true legends of this sport.He became 4-times champion fighting with Mcrae,Sainz,Kankkunen,Auriol,...And the fact that Mitsubishi became only 1-time manufacter champion makes even greater because that could mean that he was driving a slower car than the competition!!!I really think you should think before before posting something like that again

grugsticles
24th January 2008, 20:57
Put simply, winning is winning no matter by how far.

Tommi is legend of the sport and always will be.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion just as everyone is entitled to their fair share of luck and things going their way. If good luck resulted in Tommi winning 4 straight championships, then hell who are we to poo-poo him?