PDA

View Full Version : 2008 V8 Supercar PRO-SIM Entry & Discussion Thread

Peter Vuko
21st January 2008, 22:16
The 2008 V8 Supercar PRO-SIM series will start in February....but I thought a discussion & entry thread could be started now:

If you are interested in joining....post your: Name/car & team name.

The Series will have 14 Rounds & run every two weeks BUT I will leave it up for discussion whether you want just Australian tracks or a combination of Aussie & International tracks......In about 2-3 weeks I will make up a calendar based on your responses.

The Series will also feature TWO DIVISIONS....an "A" Division & a "B" Division to ensure interest remains high for all drivers competing.

There will be full practice Rd in two weeks to see where we all stand...I hope you will join.....comments & entries please!!!!

real_illusions
21st January 2008, 22:51
I'm in. Not sure for all the rounds, but hopefully most of them!

under the usual guise of #666 for my car number and "mobile chicane racing" as my team name. I now have the iron maiden lyrics to number of the beast on the rear bumper of my car..so when you come round to lap me, you have something to read before you go past ;) The car, probably be using a bugatti veyron, that might give me some chance to catch up with the front runners. Failing that, I will use an apache helicopter gun ship to blow everyone else up, and then i trundle thru in my car to win the races...but officially its bagded as a ford whatchamacallit..whatever the ford model they use in these races ;)

I'd like to see mostly aussie tracks with 3 or 4 international tracks. Definatly want Donington in it, and not silverstone ;)

:)

CCFanatic
21st January 2008, 23:08
CCFanatic will be a Ford driver. He signed a 3 race deal, CCWS style, with Ford Performance Racing and will run the car formely of Greg Ritter. Unable to have a full season of funding, CCF might not be able to contend every round, but hopes to get so. Ran in the USA with tobacco money, but with the Aussie and FIA rules banning that kind of money, CCF had to look elsewhere. Also in talks with Paul Morris Racing to get in his Holden for the full season. Still in debate with his manager, Ron Dennis, who was unable to get CCF a DTM deal, with the two deals, but rumors also persist that CCF will take a ride in the Stone Brothers Racing car, after Marco Ambrose left for the USA.

dcr22B
22nd January 2008, 12:48
Got my Logitech G25 wheel yesterday, tricky yoke to master but I'll get there.

#888 - Team Vodafone - dcr22B

Looking forward to the Pro-Sim championship, may use pad until I get used to the wheeel though.

johnny shell
22nd January 2008, 13:25
I'd like to run a few of the great circuits that aren't in Aussieland

like Spa, a British track, and Laguna Seca

OK, Laguna might not be a 'great' circuit but I like it :)

CCFanatic
22nd January 2008, 19:20
I'd like to run a few of the great circuits that aren't in Aussieland

like Spa, a British track, and Laguna Seca

OK, Laguna might not be a 'great' circuit but I like it :)

Racing with the AI will suck, but the track would seperate the fast from the fast, and the slow and the really slow.

I'd for sure race Laguna, as I have accepted the drive as a Holden factory racer, but with all the other spots filled, I have been placed in the Paul Morris car.

Peter Vuko
22nd January 2008, 22:15
ENTRY UPDATE:
#1... Vuko Snr....Team Betta Electrical........ FORD
#666... R_Illusions....Mobile Chicane Racing.....HOLDEN/FORD??
#888... dcr22B.....Team Vodafone......FORD
#??... CC Fanatic...Team?????.......HOLDEN
#??... J.Shell........Team????........HOLDEN/FORD??

Please complete the information missing!

real_illusions
23rd January 2008, 11:20
#666... R_Illusions....Mobile Chicane Racing.....FORD/Apache helicopter gunship
#??... J.Shell........Team????........HOLDEN/FORD??

johnny shell
23rd January 2008, 13:17
#666... R_Illusions....Mobile Chicane Racing.....FORD/Apache helicopter gunship
#82... J.Shell........Kentucky Fried Racing........HOLDEN/FORD??

Ford... most likely.... but I will check them both out to make sure I actually like the Ford better.

always been quite happy with it though

but hey, we're not married or anything.

nothing wrong with nibling on the fruits at the produce stand, is there?

Peter Vuko
24th January 2008, 10:17
Only 5 entries so far.......where are the likes of....BobZee, Muz, Piotr B, Hollydog, Vuko Jnr.......(throw in the bait).....or are they not up to the challenge of PRO-SIM.......??????

real_illusions
24th January 2008, 10:46
where are the likes of....BobZee, Muz, Piotr B, Hollydog, Vuko Jnr

they're too scared of my apache helicopter gunship ;)

CCFanatic
24th January 2008, 21:03
Ford Performance Racing, in the Jason Bright machine.

PiotrB
25th January 2008, 21:16
#8... PiotrB... Holden Racing... HOLDEN COMMODORE VZ

I'll like to see Spa, Donington, Silverstone, Oulton Park and Snetterton in the season with other Australian tracks.

johnny shell
27th January 2008, 23:33
sneterton?

hahahahahahahha

I love that little track

it remings me of me teenage years spent racing through parks, neighborhoods, and on little country roads