PDA

View Full Version : Which I R L races will YOU personally attend ???

ChicagocrewIRL
21st January 2008, 21:09
Me: Indianapolis, Milwaukee, Chicagoland, maybe Iowa.

Colt21
21st January 2008, 22:30
Me: Indianapolis, Milwaukee, Chicagoland, maybe Iowa.

Homestead, St. Pete, Indy, Milwaukee, Chicagoland, Kentucky, Sonoma and Texas.

Skipping Richmond (unless they get a new package there)

Alexamateo
22nd January 2008, 00:36
Nashville, maybe Indy

DavePI2
22nd January 2008, 00:55
Indy, Kentucky, and of course MidOhio(best damn weekend of the year)

ChicagocrewIRL
22nd January 2008, 01:25
I was thinking of Mid-Ohio too but it just seems like it's out in the middle of nowhere. (Iowa too as a matter of fact). What else is there around the Mid Ohio Sports Car Course ? Is Cleveland close enough ? Cedar Point ?

DavePI2
22nd January 2008, 22:19
midohio is roughly midway between columbus and cleveland.. Plenty of hotels of every price range up and down I-71 either in cleveland or columbus. Weekend at midohio is great, especially friday. IRL an ALMS practice from around 9am to 9 pm. Always plenty of exstra attractions in cleveland as well, especially if the indians are in town. If you go there are many great places to sit and watch, the keyhole or the esses are the best. Sunday race will be hard to get good seating locations with the large crowd. Get there early if you don't have a grandstand seat for sunday. Go saturday also, the alms race is great to watch. The beauty of a place like midohio is that although you can't see the entire course it is easy to go from one location to another. Also the garage access makes it worthwhile watching the crews of both series work on their cars. You might even get to talk to some to some interesting people. Last year I was able to talk to Buddy Rice and Scott Goodyear from the IRl and Scott Atherton was very nice also and willing to talk to people. Oh even though it may be out in the country it is easy to get too, especially if you are comming from columbus. If you like road racing it is hard to beat midohio.

Dav

gofastandwynn
22nd January 2008, 22:24
Probably Indy 500 and Iowa, although if a get a certain job a LOT more...

DavePI2
22nd January 2008, 22:24
Oh one more town close to midohio is Mansfield. It is not the largest town in the world(50000) but it does have many hotels and resturants. A 1/2 mile speedway also if is located there. I believe they run on saturday nights there.

David

infoxicated
23rd January 2008, 12:33
I'm thinking of pulling a family holiday in Florida for two weeks so that I can attend Homestead and St Pete's.

It's going to cost a fortune, though, so I'm nervous about pulling the trigger on it.

23rd January 2008, 12:38
Indy.....but in 2009.

Before anybody asks why not this year, I've got an ocean to cross to get there!

ChicagocrewIRL
23rd January 2008, 17:31
Indy.....but in 2009.

Well we should have everyone under one roof by then. (crosses fingers)

DanicaFan
24th January 2008, 06:54
Indy, Kentucky, and possibly Chicagoland.

24th January 2008, 13:28
Indy.....but in 2009.

Paddle faster.
:D

Paddle? I intend to walk, dear boy!

That's what I'm hoping!

seppefan
24th January 2008, 17:03

If so, then see you at Jerez, Assen, Zolder, Mexico, Cleveland, Indy,Laguna, Road America, Mont Tremblant, Milwaukee and another oval. Thats 11, so cut it down but hey unification could work well. Pity about TG though.

Scheckterfan54
25th January 2008, 18:11
st. pete, kansas, indy, maybe mid ohio after all of the great reviews, and either chicagoland or belle isle.

ChampUSfan
25th January 2008, 18:13
Indy and Milwaukee :)

pvtjoker
25th January 2008, 20:41
I usually take leave around May. I'll probably head to IMS with my dad --old family tradition. I may take in Sonoma as well if things fall into place.

OWChicago79
28th January 2008, 06:34
homestead miami, indy, Milwaukee, detroit, chicagoland, maybe iowa or ohio in place of my usual michigan