PDA

View Full Version : Australian Open Thread

ShiftingGears
21st January 2008, 12:41
Surprised there isn't a thread yet.
Theres been some great matches so far, Hewitt vs Baghdatis, Tipsarevic vs Federer and Baghdatis vs Safin have been the highlights for me, and its not even up to the quarter finals!

I would be very surprised if Federer lost this...although Tipsarevic game him an extreme run for his money.

24th January 2008, 19:53
There has been some fabulous tennis. Henin totally dominated by Sharapova, and the Sharapova/Ivanovic final on Saturday to look forward to. Tsonga through to the final after seeing off Nadal last night. Federer/ Djokovic match still to be played - hard to pick a winner the way this tournament has gone so far but I'd like to see a Tsonga/Djokovic final.

ShiftingGears
24th January 2008, 22:52
There has been some fabulous tennis. Henin totally dominated by Sharapova, and the Sharapova/Ivanovic final on Saturday to look forward to. Tsonga through to the final after seeing off Nadal last night. Federer/ Djokovic match still to be played - hard to pick a winner the way this tournament has gone so far but I'd like to see a Tsonga/Djokovic final.

After seeing Tsonga last night I don't think there'd be anyone who could beat him who isn't Federer. Although, Federer hasn't been playing his best tennis.

akv89
25th January 2008, 01:39
After seeing Tsonga last night I don't think there'd be anyone who could beat him who isn't Federer. Although, Federer hasn't been playing his best tennis.
Not entirely true. Federer's winners to unforced errors ratio at the Aussie Open is more than 2, which is much higher than the next highest.

ShiftingGears
25th January 2008, 13:05
Federer out in straight sets! Djokovic/Tsonga final!

Storm
25th January 2008, 15:05
WHAT !?

Federer actually lost ?

Bhupati/Mirza in mixed doubles final too...

jso1985
25th January 2008, 22:21
That's was some pretty amateur tennis from Federer...

Well he had to stop being unbeatable someday...

ShiftingGears
25th January 2008, 23:19
That's was some pretty amateur tennis from Federer...

Well he had to stop being unbeatable someday...

I don't know whats been up with him the whole tournament, he's been making pretty ordinary mistakes. Djokovic will have major problems in the final if he allows himself to get boxed in like Nadal. I'd have to pick Tsonga to win by merit of looking like Mohammed Ali and pummelling Nadal.

ShiftingGears
25th January 2008, 23:24
WHAT !?

Federer actually lost ?

Bhupati/Mirza in mixed doubles final too...

I didnt expect Djokovic to beat Federer in straight sets, but I was thinking that he was going to be beaten if he didn't improve...
I'll be cheering for Mirza in the mixed final, although she missed a few basic shots when she got knocked out of the womens doubles with Molik.

jens
26th January 2008, 20:07
Our girls Maret Ani and Kaia Kanepi didn't get further than the first round. :(

ShiftingGears
27th January 2008, 12:47
Djokovic the champion!

Garry Walker
31st January 2008, 09:27
Federer`s game was so bad the whole tournament compared to his true level, so making to semins show how amazing he really is. I hope he improves and gets back to his usual level.

Shame Ivanovic cracked a bit vs Sharapova, she had a really good chance at the win and who wouldnt want such a pretty girl to win :D

AJP
1st February 2008, 05:42
Congrats to Djokovic,

I was hoping Tsonga would win, I really enjoyed watching him play against Nadal.

In honesty, I was pretty dissapointed with Djokovics on court behaviour..very Hewittesque..