July 12 Nashville Superspeedway- ESPN2 - 8pm
July 20 Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course - ABC - 1:30pm
Aug. 9 Kentucky Speedway - ESPN2 - 6:30pm
Aug. 24 Infineon Raceway - ESPN2 - 5:30pm
Aug. 31 The Raceway at Belle Isle Park - ABC - 3:30pm
Sept. 7 Chicagoland Speedway - ABC - 3:30pm

F1boat
11th January 2008, 08:14
As always, I look forward to Indy 500 and the Glen race.

CCFanatic
11th January 2008, 21:25
Same races as last season. I was wishing to see Biloxi or Dodgers Stadium.

Speeds up for Corners
12th January 2008, 00:11
I'm turning blue waiting for that 17th race announcement :( . And let's not forget the big sponsor news too.

CCFanatic
12th January 2008, 19:51
I'm turning blue waiting for that 17th race announcement :( . And let's not forget the big sponsor news too.

Your right! That rumor that Michigan could return is still not put down yet.

Ooh, heard a big beer company could be the title sponsor of the IRL as well. I am praying that Pabst Blue Ribbon does go through and sponsor.

mark123
13th January 2008, 19:59
we're all waiting for that sponsorship announcement.
a series sponsor = bigger price purse = more cars = better racing.

CCFanatic
13th January 2008, 20:40
we're all waiting for that sponsorship announcement.
a series sponsor = bigger price purse = more cars = better racing.

I think the IRL is taking some notes from CC from the past few years. Make big, breaking news, type promises, but failing to make on them. I see cracks starting to form in Tony and his "Vision".

mark123
13th January 2008, 20:50
cracks.....i think that they are more like valleys!!!

I don't care about the politics - i just want to see good racing. lets hope the IRL can get it sorted because they appear to be moving forward.

DavePI2
21st January 2008, 17:29
well three irl races for me this year. The 500, MidOhio, and Kentucky to replace Michigan. Really looking forward to another great 3 day weekend at MidOhio. Hopefully it won't rain again at Indy this year or be as hot as it was for the GP. Also hope hospitality has improved at Kentucy, that is why I stopped going there and started going to Michigan instead. Add to that one race for each of the other 3 main series in the states and my summer will be full again. Hope to see all at MidOhio, Friday practice is awsome.

David

Wraith
29th January 2008, 08:31
They pack the ovals and roads too much. They need to switch back and forth, keep both kinds of fans engaged with smaller breaks between their styles. Maybe even get crossover fans, as it were, to pay attention to "the other side."

EDIT:
Oh yeah: we need MIS back on, and Pocono needs to be repaved.

mark123
29th January 2008, 22:16
Dave - you lucky bugger. Because i live in New Zealand, I have to wait for CC to fold so that the IRL will race on the gold coast of Australia (if A1gp don't beat them to it)

CCFanatic
29th January 2008, 22:57
Dave - you lucky bugger. Because i live in New Zealand, I have to wait for CC to fold so that the IRL will race on the gold coast of Australia (if A1gp don't beat them to it)

Big Bernie and his F1 circus was rumored to be going there. I see F1 there before the IRL as Bernie has a bigger world presence that the Indy Racing League.

mark123
30th January 2008, 00:48
does f1's contract with Melbourne run out this year?

ShiftingGears
30th January 2008, 05:10
does f1's contract with Melbourne run out this year?

No, their contract is at least until 2009.

MAX_THRUST
30th January 2008, 12:44
Always loved Michigan circuit......

Agree the oval races need to be equally distributed throughout the season. This was i felt was a problem for CART, the start of the season was all ovals the summer was all road and street. After 6 consecutive ovals I started to get bored, then after 6 consecutive road and street I got bored.