PDA

View Full Version : ?? Super Aguri 08, which car

tsarcasm
9th January 2008, 17:34
Since Honda's 07' effort was such a dog, will SA use it? Or develop the previous honda further?

Osella
9th January 2008, 19:21
I somehow think they will start with a revised version of the '06 car then they will race a 'Copyright Honda, Japan' 2008 car pretty soon after...

wmcot
9th January 2008, 20:09
I suspect they'll use the 2006 as it would take too long to pull all the decal off the '07 Honda! ;)

ioan
9th January 2008, 22:01
I suspect they'll use the 2006 as it would take too long to pull all the decal off the '07 Honda! ;)

Some isopropyl alcohol and a brush will do the work pretty fast. However that won't improve it's speed!

Valve Bounce
10th January 2008, 00:08
I somehow think they will start with a revised version of the '06 car then they will race a 'Copyright Honda, Japan' 2008 car pretty soon after...
..............provided the team gets approval from the FIA to use a customer car this year. (I think).

Hawkmoon
10th January 2008, 02:16
..............provided the team gets approval from the FIA to use a customer car this year. (I think).

That's the key all right. You might get an indication by seeing what car Toro Rosso use. If it's the '08 Red Bull then I'd say Super Aguri will have the '08 Honda.

If they can't use the '08 car then they'd have to stick with the '06 car surely? The '07 was so bad it'd be a step backwards!

Valve Bounce
10th January 2008, 03:31
That's the key all right. You might get an indication by seeing what car Toro Rosso use. If it's the '08 Red Bull then I'd say Super Aguri will have the '08 Honda.

If they can't use the '08 car then they'd have to stick with the '06 car surely? The '07 was so bad it'd be a step backwards!

Actually, if the FIA approved the 08 car, there could be complications and complaints from the other teams regarding testing, because Honda can end up with twice as much testing on the same car as the other teams and they can also get ant to provide feedback during race practice which I suspect the other teams may not be all that happy with.

I'm not sure if this is the case with Torro Rosso which may (or may not) have different engines and thus disimmilar cars with Red Bull.

The of course, if the two Super Aguris end up slightly faster than the Team Honda cars and start scoring points, there will be one helluva dispute all round.

10th January 2008, 13:21
Some isopropyl alcohol and a brush will do the work pretty fast. However that won't improve it's speed!

Given how bad the RA107 was, that is debatable.

A brush has better aerodynamics, for a start.

SGWilko
10th January 2008, 14:41
Given how bad the RA107 was, that is debatable.

A brush has better aerodynamics, for a start.

And, you know how you feel you can always go that bit quicker after generous amounts of alcohol. :laugh:

jens
10th January 2008, 16:00
As far as I remember there was an announcement in the summer that Super Aguri will try to develop the 2008 car on their own, so I highly doubt it would be RA107. Maybe if a possibility rises, RA108 will be given.