PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe this

Roamy
3rd January 2008, 17:37
No doubt they should change the name of the series from Formula one to Formula Gay!!

There has to be drivers who have driven in the past just shaking their heads at the new driver caliber. Hell I recall Senna driving in the rain on slicks with a 10 cylinder motor and no TC.

coultard really needs to quite F1 and open a daycare center in scotland

Tazio
3rd January 2008, 17:50
No doubt they should change the name of the series from Formula one to Formula Gay!!

There has to be drivers who have driven in the past just shaking their heads at the new driver caliber. Hell I recall Senna driving in the rain on slicks with a 10 cylinder motor and no TC.

coultard really needs to quite F1 and open a daycare center in scotlandWhat's the context?
Is there a link to a recent quote from him spewing more oral diahhria?
It wouldn't surprise me.

yodasarmpit
3rd January 2008, 18:00
What's the context?
Is there a link to a recent quote from him spewing more oral diahhria?
It wouldn't surprise me.
I assume he's referring to this http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64505

Roamy
3rd January 2008, 18:21
yes - sorry I forgot the link- Can you believe this **** fangio didn't even have a roll bar

inimitablestoo
3rd January 2008, 19:40
They do seem strange comments, especially bringing up Zanardi's accident - which happened on an oval, in the dry (obviously), and therefore in much faster conditions than an F1 car would be going in the wet.

Perhaps DC's sorting out his retirement plans and wants to follow his fellow Scot Dario into a NASCAR? That way he won't have to race in the wet, and if it does start raining at least he'll have a roof over his head...

SGWilko
3rd January 2008, 20:46
They do seem strange comments

How much power did the cars have when they last drove without TC?

Bet it was more than they have now.

I do think they are being a bit namby pamby on this.

Bagwan
3rd January 2008, 20:47
Everyone seems to be on Max's side here .

The only good point on the list for DC that I see is his reference to the spray , but that has nothing to do with the TC . It has everything to do with the aeros of the cars .

Gosh , the electronics couldn't clean up even Fernando's issues in the wet . How the hell are they gonna deal with DC's ?
Call up the IT boys . They've got some work to do .

I can't believe these idiots either , Cowboy .

Stick to your guns here , Max . We're all behind you on this .

trumperZ06
3rd January 2008, 21:03
:dozey: Hhmmm.. Mad Max seems totally unconcerned with the 2008 changes...

causing any "Safety Issues" when driving in the rain.

In fact he sez... "It's dangerous in the sense that you're likely to go off... but you're less likely to hurt yourself because the speeds will be slower".

Hhmmm... I wonder just... How Much Slower.... the drivers have to go in order to insure they.... "Don't hurt themselves".

:p : Yep, you gotta... Luv Max's consistantcy in playing the Safety Card... only when it suits his interests.

Personally, IMO... racing by nature is a Dangerous Sport. The driver should be willing to accept the risks when he is willing to accept the paycheck.

Older drivers seem to be less willing to take risks... compared to the youngsters... be it Formula 1, NA$CAR, or other major pro racing series.

ShiftingGears
3rd January 2008, 22:41
If he doesn't like the challenge maybe he should quit...

gloomyDAY
4th January 2008, 00:33
DC needs to reasses his commitment to F1.

If you can't take the heat, then get out of the kitchen.

samuratt
4th January 2008, 08:26
I do agree with Max on this! TC is out for all the drivers. Those who do not want to hurt themselves can play it safe, and those who want to seek some glory will keep us entertained!!! What else can you ask for?

leopard
4th January 2008, 11:18
If you can't take the heat, then get out of the kitchen.

You are not safe, because leo was sleeping out of the kitchen ;)

Bagwan
4th January 2008, 13:17
"It probably won't change things much," he confirmed. "I'm happy that traction control will be banned next year. I feel comfortable about this."
-Jarno Trulli .(from Crash.net)

They're not all gay , Cowpoke !
Pino's man figures he'll be ok , but some will struggle .

Rudy Tamasz
4th January 2008, 15:49
Irv once said he doesn't think DC is gay but he should stop behaving like one. He was right.

The only concern I have about wet races is attrition. 16 cars or so were smashed in the first turn pileup at Spa in '98 and 3 or 4 cars made it to the checkered flag at Monaco in '96 but there were no injuries. I can't recall somebody get killed in the wet.

Roamy
4th January 2008, 18:35
the other thing that would be of interest is the cornering speeds in the turbo era such a 1982 and also the straight line speeds from this era
if any one happens to have this data please let us look. I had heard the g forces in those years were very incredible.

philipbain
4th January 2008, 18:50
For anyone here that has seen races such as the 1985 Portugese GP, where Senna dominated a race in torrential rain with a turbo engine which was not only peaky but also had massive amount of torque compared to the current generation of 2.4 litre V8 engine making planting the power all the more difficult the comments from the current crop seem to be ludicrous. Factor in 1980's wet weather tyre technology and you really have to wonder what they are complaining about. As for visibility, it has always been a massive issue in wet weather races, it's hardly new, infact you could argue that the current cars with thier narrower tyres are better off than the cars of the 80s where the tyres were very wide by comparison, the amount of water being displaced from the track into the air being proportionately more as a result. These drivers are highly paid professionals and a factor of thier high pay is the risk involved, obviously no one wants to see drivers injured but if driving an F1 car was risk free and easy then there would be no justification for the massive amounts that the best drivers can demand from teams.

In closing I would say shut up and drive, F1 is safer now than its ever been, the banning of driver aids only serves to differentiate the great drivers from the merely good ones, it doesnt adversely impact on safety.

inimitablestoo
4th January 2008, 19:15
I'm quite impressed we've got this far into the thread without responding to fousto's "Formula Gay" comment and mentioning rear-end shunts...oh balls :s

PSfan
4th January 2008, 23:32
Oh Mr. Coulthard, how age has changed your view...

"On the face of it, these systems don't seem so pure. The sport is always about the best driver showing what he can do, while F1 is also about the best technology.

"But I am a pure racer. I want to change my own gears and I don't want computers to help prevent wheelspin."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/1054887.stm

gloomyDAY
5th January 2008, 03:03

Wow! Now I really don't want to get old.

millencolin
5th January 2008, 10:19

Why? i dont see the drivers dressed in tight pink shirts and attending celine dion concerts....

what an intelligent description :S

trumperZ06
5th January 2008, 13:46

:dozey: Nothing unusual about Coulthard's change in attitude. Most drivers become a LOT more conserative as they grow older.

Racing really is a young man's game... they have the Balls to take risks. The older guys lobby for improved safety... when... in most instances... their goal is to reduce the risks to themselves if they make a mistake.

ArrowsFA1
7th January 2008, 08:24
Kimi has a typically straightforward view of this:

"The sport is dangerous anyway. It doesn't matter if you have traction control or not. If you think it is too dangerous you probably shouldn't be in the sport." - LINK (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64531)

wmcot
8th January 2008, 05:37
Irv once said he doesn't think DC is gay but he should stop behaving like one. He was right.

The only concern I have about wet races is attrition. 16 cars or so were smashed in the first turn pileup at Spa in '98 and 3 or 4 cars made it to the checkered flag at Monaco in '96 but there were no injuries. I can't recall somebody get killed in the wet.

And who started the massive pile up? You guessed it - DC!!!

Rudy Tamasz
8th January 2008, 07:59
And who started the massive pile up? You guessed it - DC!!!

Oh yeah! That's why! Now I recall DC crashing out of the lead in the wet at Nurburgring in '99. That was his last shot at the title that year and he blew it. No wonder he dislikes wet races.

wmcot
8th January 2008, 20:18
Oh yeah! That's why! Now I recall DC crashing out of the lead in the wet at Nurburgring in '99. That was his last shot at the title that year and he blew it. No wonder he dislikes wet races.

He also took the restart in the T car and stayed on the racing line causing MS to run into the back of him in the blinding rain! I wonder how much monetary damage he caused that one day? Maybe they should have found him negligent in his driving and fined him the cost of all the repairs! ;)

SGWilko
8th January 2008, 20:31
causing MS to run into the back of him

I think Michael managed that all by himself. He was just way ahead of the field, did not need to be going as fast as he was.

Quite how you come to the conclusion that by staying on the racing line he (DC) was at fault.......

Exactly how much can you see in your mirrors with spray like that. :rolleyes:

wmcot
9th January 2008, 07:04
I think Michael managed that all by himself. He was just way ahead of the field, did not need to be going as fast as he was.

Quite how you come to the conclusion that by staying on the racing line he (DC) was at fault.......

Exactly how much can you see in your mirrors with spray like that. :rolleyes:

DC has admitted that he was radioed to move off line but chose not to. (No, I can't find a link at the moment - anyone know of one?) DC isn't an angel!

SGWilko
9th January 2008, 09:03
DC has admitted that he was radioed to move off line but chose not to. (No, I can't find a link at the moment - anyone know of one?) DC isn't an angel!

Fine, but the onus remains on the overtaker, not the overtakee to make a clean pass. And in adverse spray, if you cannot see clearly then err on the side of caution.

That to me is common sense.......

MAX_THRUST
9th January 2008, 12:22
Champcars race in the wet without traction control, and they have been the best races of the year, as were the F1 wet races this year. Don't see the problem with it........

Jimmy Magnusson
9th January 2008, 13:15

Actually, DC didn't move over until a Ferrari man (Jean Todt from memory) walked over to the Mac people and asked them to get DC out of the way. DC then obeyed, lifted off and stayed on the inside of the upcoming corner which lead to Schumacher (who was on the racing line) plowing into him. Both drivers were at fault: DC for nearly stopping his car at the wrong side of the track, and Michael for being impatient and going into a cloud of spray much too fast.

SGWilko
9th January 2008, 13:26
lifted off and stayed on the inside of the upcoming corner which lead to Schumacher (who was on the racing line) plowing into him.

What is wrong with lifting off on the racing line if you have been told let someone pass?

If DC had pulled over, just as MS was trying a move, there still would have been a crash.

MS was WAY in the lead, and did not need to be impatient.

Bagwan
9th January 2008, 13:38
What is wrong with lifting off on the racing line if you have been told let someone pass?

If DC had pulled over, just as MS was trying a move, there still would have been a crash.

MS was WAY in the lead, and did not need to be impatient.

DC was adamant that he had no fault at first , calling Michael dangerous , and Michael took a lot of stick for the incident .
It took years for him to admit he was in the wrong .

DC lifted on , not off the racing line . Had MS not seen him at the last moment , and turned away , there would have been much more carnage than just a wheel torn off both cars .

You are defending an action that has been admitted as wrong .

Garry Walker
9th January 2008, 13:38
- LINK (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64531)

Finally someone with balls.

SGWilko
9th January 2008, 13:46
MS not seen him at the last moment.

That is the crux of the issue, visibility was that bad that MS should have given DC (or at least a spray tail) a VERY wide birth, he just plunged into the unknown due to the spray, and could see nothing until he was on top of it.

A bit like AS rear ending MB back in whenever.......

Bagwan
9th January 2008, 14:22
That is the crux of the issue, visibility was that bad that MS should have given DC (or at least a spray tail) a VERY wide birth, he just plunged into the unknown due to the spray, and could see nothing until he was on top of it.

A bit like AS rear ending MB back in whenever.......

The "crux" was that DC had slowed .
Had DC been at racing speed , MS would have followed him around the corner as normal with no issue .

DC lifted and stayed on the racing line , causing the surprise for MS . Rather than "plunging into the unknown" , he was racing in the rain .

DC feels he made a mistake . I agree , and I'm glad he cleared it up , even though it took a long time to do so .
I hope it doesn't take you much longer .

SGWilko
9th January 2008, 14:31
The "crux" was that DC had slowed .
Had DC been at racing speed , MS would have followed him around the corner as normal with no issue .

DC lifted and stayed on the racing line , causing the surprise for MS . Rather than "plunging into the unknown" , he was racing in the rain .

DC feels he made a mistake . I agree , and I'm glad he cleared it up , even though it took a long time to do so .

I am quite happy with the notion that, after his accident with Alonso at Nurbugring, Coulthard saw the similarities with the MS thing, and admitted it was just as much his fault.

The point I am labouring here to make is that, if you are going to overtake someone, you don't or should not expect them to make it piss easy for you, you should move off the racing line to complete the pass, not the other way round?

As it was, DC was 'playing the team game' and trying to keep MS at bay, in his frustration MS forgot that he was not driving a wacky racers car that would go up on stilts so he could overtake without passing.

Now, IF it had been communicated to MS that DC was going to move over, then that is a different matter, I do not know what was said to either driver on the radios at the time.

Had DC agreed to move over, or slow down. What was MS told?

Does anyone know?

Bagwan
9th January 2008, 15:55
MS expected DC to have slowed off-line .
That is and was patently obvious .

That being so , and DC now apparently understanding so , shows that MS was acting as if DC was moving off-line to the left .
He was being lapped and so , keeping "MS at bay" was not an option .

ioan
9th January 2008, 16:25

Read the rules about how backmarkers have to behave when the clearly faster leaders catch up with them and than we shall talk!

ioan
9th January 2008, 16:27

Yep, cause we aren't keen on waiting 5 years!

ioan
9th January 2008, 16:31
Now, IF it had been communicated to MS that DC was going to move over, then that is a different matter, I do not know what was said to either driver on the radios at the time.

Had DC agreed to move over, or slow down. What was MS told?

Does anyone know?

Radio communications do not make the rules in F1, DC didn't play by the rules then and there. Was it because he was ordered to interfere as much as possible with MS' race or because hes ego couldn't take the humiliation of being lapped during one of his "years"?!
Makes no difference to the fact he made a huge mistake almost as big as when he crashed into the pit entry wall while trying to decide if he should go left or right! :rolleyes:

SGWilko
9th January 2008, 16:35
Radio communications do not make the rules in F1,

Indeed not, but it might make a little clearer who was going to do what.

Yep, cause we aren't keen on waiting 5 years!

For what?

Bagwan
9th January 2008, 16:59
I got 3 books relating to F1 for Crimbo .
James Allen's Michael book , Hammy's bio , and DC's bio .

I'll give you a quote or 2 on the subject when I get to it in DC's book . I'll read it first .

AS for "for what?" , read the quote to which it was replying for your answer .

SGWilko
9th January 2008, 17:04
AS for "for what?" , read the quote to which it was replying for your answer .

I know, but you know how Ioan can be sometimes with his repostes, so I was being facetious (spelling) and not a little cantankerous. ;)

NB Her indoors got me the JYS Bio, which makes for good reading, not finished it yet though. It describes the friendship and comradeship of the drivers of his era, and the regular pain of losing 'yet another' friend to F1.

Deffo well worth a read IMHO.

Bagwan
9th January 2008, 18:44
I know, but you know how Ioan can be sometimes with his repostes, so I was being facetious (spelling) and not a little cantankerous. ;)

NB Her indoors got me the JYS Bio, which makes for good reading, not finished it yet though. It describes the friendship and comradeship of the drivers of his era, and the regular pain of losing 'yet another' friend to F1.

Deffo well worth a read IMHO.

As it happens , I generally tend to agree with Ioan's point of view more often than your's , but this time he was emphasizing my point , not the other way around .
If you want to get snotty about it , get snotty with me .

Or , use one of those smiley faces to show you're kidding , like you did in this post .
In the book , at this point , he's still in karting , and just lost his virginity(I know , a bit too much information for my liking , too) .

He doesn't seem to have any aversion to either water or loss of TC yet . Maybe that comes later in the book .

SGWilko
9th January 2008, 18:50
As it happens , I generally tend to agree with Ioan's point of view more often than your's , but this time he was emphasizing my point , not the other way around .
If you want to get snotty about it , get snotty with me .

Or , use one of those smiley faces to show you're kidding , like you did in this post .
In the book , at this point , he's still in karting , and just lost his virginity(I know , a bit too much information for my liking , too) .

He doesn't seem to have any aversion to either water or loss of TC yet . Maybe that comes later in the book .

Snotty :laugh: I like that!!

wmcot
9th January 2008, 19:57
Sorry the whole thread got carried away on the Spa issue, but I was merely making a point that for someone so concerned about driving in the wet, DC has "used" wet conditions to accomplish his questionable goals in the past. I guess that was before he thought about safety!

ioan
9th January 2008, 21:55
Sorry the whole thread got carried away on the Spa issue, but I was merely making a point that for someone so concerned about driving in the wet, DC has "used" wet conditions to accomplish his questionable goals in the past. I guess that was before he thought about safety!

I would rather say that it was before he thought. ;)

ioan
9th January 2008, 21:57
For what?

I think you are overall a bit confused today (ie the RD and Mercedes clash thread)! ;)

Must that JYS book you are reading! :D

ShiftingGears
9th January 2008, 22:54
- LINK (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64531)

A racers racer :up:

Roamy
10th January 2008, 04:40
snotty
Is this forum getting weak or what
Snotty ok I will throw out a least a green lugi

SGWilko
10th January 2008, 09:37
snotty

Dost thou require a Kleenex? ;)

SGWilko
10th January 2008, 09:43
Must that JYS book you are reading! :D

I think perhaps you ought to read it, I would openly suggest he is more worldly wise than most of us on this forum.

Amazing how a
(halfwit) can successfully start an F1 team from scratch, with only a small staff, never go into the red, and win a race, AND come 4th in the WCC within only 3 seasons.

But hey, that's just statistics and means nothing.......... :rolleyes:

Bagwan
10th January 2008, 12:06
snotty

OK , lugi-boy , let's step outside and see what colour those lugis really are .

I bet DC's are pink .

SGWilko
10th January 2008, 14:42
OK , lugi-boy , let's step outside and see what colour those lugis really are .

I bet DC's are pink .

Euk, DC hocks pink loogies? Them thar olfactory vessels in his snitch must be knackered........?

Bagwan
11th January 2008, 15:13
Here's a quote or 2 from DC for you Wil(k)o :

"I couldn't see a thing and I radioed to my team to let me know when Michael was right behind me so that I could move over . I had every intention of getting out of his way , so I moved to the right and lifted off .
Unfortunately , Michael was caught unawares , apparently , and smashed into the rear of my McLaren ."

"Many years later , I can reflect and say that , as I was being lapped , I should have got well off the racing line . My team were telling me Michael was about to catch up to me and that I had to let him past ."

"It is incredibly hard to get the water off your visor so you really do have to drive by memory . That works fine if everyone is driving in a predictable or expected way , but in those conditions , when someone lifts or swerves , it can be very dangerous indeed ."

"You have to drive flat out , but then you doubt yourself , and your mind tells you that you are going too fast for that corner , 'I can't see where I'm going , ' so you lift off a fraction , but that can lead to all sorts of problems , so you press on again . You have to trust that all the other drivers are going flat out as well ."

I hope this clears it up for you .

It illustrates also though , that the concern about the wet weather driving is somewhat valid , given that , at least in DC's case , they will drive straight into the cloud , trusting the others to be acting appropriately ahead of them .
Ironically , though all agree that aerodynamics make it tough to pass , it is no small item on the agenda of the aerodynamic engineer in current F1 to make sure the air is dirtiest behind thier cars .
And this plume of low pressure behind is what lifts that spray into the car behind .

As the wind tunnels get more efficient and better computer modelling becomes available , it is reasonable to assume that the spray behind has also increased , making David's concerns more reasonable .

But , whinging that they shouldn't race isn't the answer .

SGWilko
11th January 2008, 15:28
Here's a quote or 2 from DC for you Wil(k)o :

"I couldn't see a thing and I radioed to my team to let me know when Michael was right behind me so that I could move over . I had every intention of getting out of his way , so I moved to the right and lifted off .
Unfortunately , Michael was caught unawares , apparently , and smashed into the rear of my McLaren ."

"Many years later , I can reflect and say that , as I was being lapped , I should have got well off the racing line . My team were telling me Michael was about to catch up to me and that I had to let him past ."

"It is incredibly hard to get the water off your visor so you really do have to drive by memory . That works fine if everyone is driving in a predictable or expected way , but in those conditions , when someone lifts or swerves , it can be very dangerous indeed ."

"You have to drive flat out , but then you doubt yourself , and your mind tells you that you are going too fast for that corner , 'I can't see where I'm going , ' so you lift off a fraction , but that can lead to all sorts of problems , so you press on again . You have to trust that all the other drivers are going flat out as well ."

I hope this clears it up for you .

It illustrates also though , that the concern about the wet weather driving is somewhat valid , given that , at least in DC's case , they will drive straight into the cloud , trusting the others to be acting appropriately ahead of them .
Ironically , though all agree that aerodynamics make it tough to pass , it is no small item on the agenda of the aerodynamic engineer in current F1 to make sure the air is dirtiest behind thier cars .
And this plume of low pressure behind is what lifts that spray into the car behind .

As the wind tunnels get more efficient and better computer modelling becomes available , it is reasonable to assume that the spray behind has also increased , making David's concerns more reasonable .

But , whinging that they shouldn't race isn't the answer .

Thanks, so are the loogies pink or green then.

I note with some trepidation that you have joined the 'unable to quote forum names brigade,' I had you as a bigger person than that Bagwan.

Still, we all live and learn.

Bagwan
11th January 2008, 15:37
Thanks, so are the loogies pink or green then.

I note with some trepidation that you have joined the 'unable to quote forum names brigade,' I had you as a bigger person than that Bagwan.

Still, we all live and learn.

Sigh , I guess I'm small then , or at least my attempt at HUMOUR was .
Sorry you didn't get it . I'll have to learn to live with that .

But I hope you got the point of all the quotes .

SGWilko
11th January 2008, 15:42
Sigh , I guess I'm small then , or at least my attempt at HUMOUR was .
Sorry you didn't get it . I'll have to learn to live with that .

But I hope you got the point of all the quotes .

Practice what you preach then, and do as you suggested re my post about Ioan's repostes......

Remember, you suggested the use of a smiley? ;)

I did, and thanks for the quotes. :)

Bagwan
11th January 2008, 17:29
You'll notice I don't use smilies .
I am willing to accept when people don't understand me , and I believe it to be infrequent .

Just so I do understand you , I will ask if you understand that Coulthard was in the wrong , and that Michael was right to be so insensed .
One must also see that Coulthard was fending off the attacks of the most devout Tifosi at the time , who were intimating that he had done it on purpose to scuttle Michael's title hopes , so his indignance can be excused .

SGWilko
11th January 2008, 17:41
You'll notice I don't use smilies .
I am willing to accept when people don't understand me , and I believe it to be infrequent .

Just so I do understand you , I will ask if you understand that Coulthard was in the wrong , and that Michael was right to be so insensed .
One must also see that Coulthard was fending off the attacks of the most devout Tifosi at the time , who were intimating that he had done it on purpose to scuttle Michael's title hopes , so his indignance can be excused .

My view is this. I think that DC considered himself to be in the right, up until, as I have mentioned in an earlier post, he had the crash after trying to pass Alonso. I think it was at the nurbergring.

He then understood why he was in the wrong.

As to your stance on smilies, I accept that now you have said as much, just don't become one of the 'do as I say, not as I do' wallas.

As it happens, the majority of your posts are well thought out and reasoned, I thought you were jumping on the Kool Aid bandwagon.

Thanks for setting it straight.

Bagwan
11th January 2008, 17:57
Canny response .
"He then understood why he was in the wrong."

Do you ?

Weren't you swimming in Koolaid at one time , believing in Ron's integrity ?

SGWilko
11th January 2008, 18:09
Canny response .
"He then understood why he was in the wrong."

Do you ?

Weren't you swimming in Koolaid at one time , believing in Ron's integrity ?

I've told you what I think twice now. That is once too often, I don't advocate repetition. If I did not accept his POV I would not be posting it as my reply to your question. Nothing canny about that. I am sorry you have got a bee in your bonnet about this, but it's not my problem.

Bagwan
11th January 2008, 18:33
A simple yes would have sufficed .
I'll take it as one .

Don't bee sorry . No problem . No need to get snotty again .

Have a groovy day .

SGWilko
11th January 2008, 18:51
Have a groovy day .

Et vous.... :up:
:rotflmao:

Bagwan
11th January 2008, 20:59
Actually , I retract that "groovy" .

Make it a "slick" day .

SGWilko
11th January 2008, 21:01
Actually , I retract that "groovy" .

Make it a "slick" day .

Indecisive? ;)

markabilly
12th January 2008, 15:08
As it happens, the majority of your posts are well thought out and reasoned, I thought you were jumping on the Kool Aid bandwagon.
Bagwan's problem is that sometimes he, like you, sometimes falls off the wagon.....too bad some can not stay off the wagon, but then that would leave team mackool aid with no one to ride with, but I think that Lewis has been misquoted, perhaps, as what Lewis actually meant or said was "I am kooler than Kimi"--no doubt true---......but of course that is why it is Wilko, and not wilco..... :look:

Drink up lads and be merry, for tomorrow we choke.... :beer:

Bagwan
12th January 2008, 17:07
Indecisive? ;)

No , I happen to prefer slicks to grooves . Don't you ?

Bagwan
12th January 2008, 17:15
Bagwan's problem is that sometimes he, like you, sometimes falls off the wagon.....too bad some can not stay off the wagon, but then that would leave team mackool aid with no one to ride with, but I think that Lewis has been misquoted, perhaps, as what Lewis actually meant or said was "I am kooler than Kimi"--no doubt true---......but of course that is why it is Wilko, and not wilco..... :look:

Drink up lads and be merry, for tomorrow we choke.... :beer:

Straighten me out on this , Billy .
Am I a drinker because I don't believe in St Lewis ?
Or , am I a non-drinker for the same reason .

Maybe it's the Koolaid , but I'm kinda fuzzy about it all .
Or did I hit my head falling off the wagon ?

markabilly
12th January 2008, 18:35
Straighten me out on this , Billy .
Am I a drinker because I don't believe in St Lewis ?
Or , am I a non-drinker for the same reason .

Maybe it's the Koolaid , but I'm kinda fuzzy about it all .
Or did I hit my head falling off the wagon ?

You need to drink the kool aid to remove all doubts so to become a member of the true faith, to become united as one with those who have true mac in their blood, something those mere recycled ones will never know........Say Amen for the good Reverend Ronnie Dennis.

To remove all doubt, I would say just ask the good Reverend Jimmie Jones, another true priest of intergrity, but he has yet to rise from the dead, so you may have to wait a little longer for him to fulfill his words to the faithful...... :s mokin:

SGWilko
12th January 2008, 20:10
No , I happen to prefer slicks to grooves . Don't you ?

Oh yeah, bring 'em back... :burnout:

SGWilko
12th January 2008, 20:12
that is why it is Wilko, and not wilco

Well raise my rent, you are the kid.....

I've been spelling my own name wrong all these years..... :dozeyfecker: ;)

Bagwan
13th January 2008, 14:06
You need to drink the kool aid to remove all doubts so to become a member of the true faith, to become united as one with those who have true mac in their blood, something those mere recycled ones will never know........Say Amen for the good Reverend Ronnie Dennis.

To remove all doubt, I would say just ask the good Reverend Jimmie Jones, another true priest of intergrity, but he has yet to rise from the dead, so you may have to wait a little longer for him to fulfill his words to the faithful...... :s mokin:

I can't , preacher Billy ! I can't !

I am reading St. David's book , and it "Darwin's" the equality faith , and gives the "Glasgow kiss" to the integrity followers .

The bagwan never was off the wagon .
Fair trade organic freshly roasted arabica for me , thanks .

I aint "Jonesing" for no "Jimmie juice" .

The bagwan has a faith of his own .
Can I get you a coffee ?