PDA

View Full Version : What's your most hated thing on the road?

RaikkonenRules
28th December 2007, 16:39
What do you hate more than anything else on the road? Bus lanes, speed cameras, old biddies doing 30 on an open road... Discuss.

Captain VXR
28th December 2007, 19:19
When enjoying a walk, having a chav car go by, too loud and sounds crap, don't mind a tuned car that sounds nice going by though

RaikkonenRules
29th December 2007, 11:03
Chavs trying to be grand prix drivers and cutting off other cars and causing crashes.

Mark
29th December 2007, 12:56
It's the person doing 35mph on a road good for 60 which usually annoys me. There would be much less need for dual carriageways and overtaking if some would just get on with it.

mate
30th December 2007, 08:27
slow drivers hogging the left lane

SEATFreak
30th December 2007, 12:53
Don't even get me started on this one!....

I have others like pensioners running round in top-of-the-range cars and those infamous "Chelsea Tractors", but mainly customised cars because more often than not, speaking as someone who is into cars, their not even truly desirable models that are the subject of customisation. You have old Vauxhalls and Fords. Why not by an old Celica or stick with? Or just buy a good Impreza or Evo? And as speaking as someone who is closer to an observer than an actual serious petrolhead they look so fake and synthetic.

Rollo
31st December 2007, 04:14
Four Wheel Drives, SUVs, Chelsea Tractors, Toorak Taxis, call them what you will. They simply do not belong in the city in the first place. They're incongruous to road furniture and other traffic, and I don't care if you think you're a "good" driver, the simple fact of the matter is that most people should not be allowed to drive a two tonne vehicle unqualified.

Having said this, in the country and on paddocks, they serve a function and a purpose and farmers and such folk not only know how to use them but use them well.

leopard
31st December 2007, 07:05
Wasn't it easy to put the drive handle on 2 wheel drives?