PDA

View Full Version : RBR, Logitech Momo and Vista

janneppi
27th December 2007, 08:39
As it happens, I have all those three and they don't seem to like each other as a group. I can't get force feedback to the wheel with the game. I've read it's a common problem with Vista users who have the Momo and was wondering has anyone managed to fix the issue?

I did get some drivers for the wheel that were recommended and I can get FF in Vista's controller calibration.

I'd rather not revert back to XP. :p :

janneppi
29th December 2007, 20:32
Never mind, issues solved themselves out, now if I somehow could learn how to do those bloody hairpins. :( :D

PuddleJumper
2nd January 2008, 16:36
I just came to this forum to ask if anyone was running RBR on Vista as I have a new PC with a spec that will allow me to run it. Now I know the answer. Don't think the Logitech Momo wheel is available anymore though so need to find out if the R25 wheel will work with RBR on Vista.

janneppi
3rd January 2008, 07:57
It should work if the Momo works, you should install all the new drivers from Logitech and hope for the best. I

PuddleJumper
7th January 2008, 00:11
Well, RBR is installed, along with the Ford Focus WRC skin. My PC will run at the highest level with ease and OMG does it look fantastic! The graphics are incredible. I'm ordering a wheel ASAP. :D

PuddleJumper
12th January 2008, 23:40
I got my Logitech G25 wheel earlier this week and I'm now beginning to get to grips with it. Wow! It takes the whole thing to an entirely new level. I now feel like I'm driving a car and I'm completely immersed in the stages. As I gain more confidence with the wheel I'm beginning to push more. I've already broken my best PS2 time on the Joux Plane stage in France!

Oh, and look what I'm driving now. The re-skinners work double-quick!

http://www.powerphoto.co.uk/other/rbr_screen1.jpg

Daniel
14th January 2008, 15:22
Blimey! They are quick.

Sorry I didn't see this thread before. Been running Vista for a while and RBR seems to run find (although I'm crap so I don't play)

Feel free to PM me if you have any problems with Vista as I've been using it for a long long long time now :)

Very tempted to buy a G25 as I already have a G5 mouse and G15 keyboard and I need a wheel if I want to have any chance of playing RBR properly.

PuddleJumper
14th January 2008, 16:29
Only difficulty I've had so far was getting all the right Canon software to get my 5D connected to download my photos into ZoomBrowser. Sussed it eventually and I'm now sorted. Don't know why Vista has so many critics, I think it's great!

Daniel
14th January 2008, 16:50
Only difficulty I've had so far was getting all the right Canon software to get my 5D connected to download my photos into ZoomBrowser. Sussed it eventually and I'm now sorted. Don't know why Vista has so many critics, I think it's great!
Pretty much. I've been using it since 2005 when it was in testing. I think Vista is great (as you've probably seen on chit chat) and found it to be the most stable OS I've ever used.

tmx
16th January 2008, 09:58
This momo is beginning to annoy me. first the bottom clamp broke so i have to unscrew it off. with vista while playing rbr, after turning a few time the central angle of the steering changes so the go turns completely left, and there isn't anything i could do to avoid it. funny thing is it never happened like this before.

I still have some hope as it didnt seem to have that problem in colin mcrae.

PuddleJumper
16th January 2008, 13:43
I had that problem where the centre point seems to get messed up but I just disconnected the USB lead and reconnected it. The computer resets the wheel and it's ok again.

janneppi
16th January 2008, 17:44
Momo needs the latest drivers with Vista, My wheel had the weird feature of not calibrating itself properly when turning ther comp on. I had to unplug the wheel power cable until I calibrated it from control panel. I think the latest drivers fixed that one.
RBR isn't fully Vista compatible, I've had some issues with the wheel and some other little stuff.

PuddleJumper
2nd March 2008, 11:50
I've just posted this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-A_770w1Go) video on YouTube to show off my driving skills. :p :

Daniel
2nd March 2008, 11:57
I've just posted this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-A_770w1Go) video on YouTube to show off my driving skills. :p :
Why at 3:50 is there a marshal running away with a very scared look on their face? :p