PDA

View Full Version : Jr thinks he's hot stuff

Valve Bounce
20th December 2007, 23:40
..........hot enough to blaze his own trail in F1. He got there on merit because he is so great?? http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=41489

I think Fernando might be in a spot of bother next year with his Jr partner.

ShiftingGears
21st December 2007, 01:58
I've seen nothing from Jr. to suggest that he can beat Alonso.

Ranger
21st December 2007, 02:11
A spot of bother probably, but considering Hamilton beat Piquet in GP2 in Piquet's 2nd year there, and Alonso wasn't outscored by Hamilton, then logic suggests that Piquet won't outscore Alonso either.

Valve Bounce
21st December 2007, 03:06
More to it than that. Jr says that he is in F1 purely on merit. Now!! seeing that Flav scked Heiki and Fisi to put this guy in, it follows that he considers himself to be better than either Heiki and Fisi - a very tall order. Fisi won the Oz GP two years ago, remember? Now how many races does Jr think he can win or even score podiums? He will have to beat Kimi, Massa, Alonso, Heiki and Hamilton and possibly one or two BMW's and the odd Williams (Rosberg) to gain a win, and most of the above to gain a podium.

Personally, I cannot see Flav permitting the sort of situation Fernando endured at McLaren (if you know what I mean), and I have a very strong feeling that Fernando will be the favoured one at Renault. (favoured by Flav).

markabilly
21st December 2007, 13:17
..........hot enough to blaze his own trail in F1. He got there on merit because he is so great?? http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=41489

FA may or may not have problems with Jr., but what I find so very very funny, is that "Jr's daddy" had nothing to do with it, where as w/o pop, the boy is just another wannabe...... :rolleyes:

But he does seem to have a mouth equal to Ham, probably inherited from pop

Whatever happenned to the american driver, who seemed to put it to Jr, back when they raced one another? Not having a daddy around like Jr does, the other went and no doubt, where jr would be as well????

markabilly
21st December 2007, 13:17

FA may or may not have problems with Jr., but what I find so very very funny, is that "Jr's daddy" had nothing to do with it, where as w/o pop, the boy is just another wannabe...... :rolleyes:

But he does seem to have a mouth equal to Ham, probably inherited from pop

Whatever happenned to the american driver, who seemed to put it to Jr, back when they raced one another? Not having a daddy around like Jr does, the other went where jr would be as well without pop no doubt,????

MAX_THRUST
21st December 2007, 13:51
What happens if he out qualifies Fernando at the first race in Australia? Judging by this years performance I can see Fernando making desperate moves to be top dog in the team, which naturally he should be, but if he's upstaged again this year......even with Flav's protection, he is only there for a year. How long is Jr signed up for, two with an option for three maybe.

Lots of stories next year, lets hope the racing is good as this years, and the court battles are gone for good.

AJP
21st December 2007, 22:13
If Alonso is upstaged again next year by his new team mate as he was this year..there is reason to assume court cases and back stabbing to be the norm..

Valve Bounce
21st December 2007, 22:37
What happens if he out qualifies Fernando at the first race in Australia? Judging by this years performance I can see Fernando making desperate moves to be top dog in the team, which naturally he should be, but if he's upstaged again this year......even with Flav's protection, he is only there for a year. How long is Jr signed up for, two with an option for three maybe.

Lots of stories next year, lets hope the racing is good as this years, and the court battles are gone for good.

Didn't Fernando sign up for two years with an option for a third? :confused:
Things may be difficult for him next year if the Renault if the Ferraris and McLarens and BMW's prove to be faster. It will be frustrating. :(
Under the circumstances, qualifying faster than his team mate may not be the only aim for him, as he will have to consider fuel strategies to keep up with his rivals.
Personally, I see some rollback in performance for McLaren after all the fuss this year, and a Ferrari dominance is what I predict for next year. However, I cannot see Fernando's place in F1 being jeopardised in any way, certainly not by Jr.

Stuartf12007
22nd December 2007, 00:53
Piquet Jr will be a big success in F1

Valve Bounce
22nd December 2007, 02:23

Can you be more specific, please. :p :

inimitablestoo
22nd December 2007, 11:19
Piquet's good, he just tends to need a year to learn a category before being able to match speed with consistency. Mind you, we said much the same about young Mr Hamilton... What intrigues me is that 2008 will be the first time Nelsinho has raced outside the family team atmosphere - Piquet Sports (or an amalgamation with them) has run him in every category through the ranks. Given how many times we saw him on the pit wall with Flav during the second half of 2007 in particular, however, I doubt he's got any need to worry.

Valve Bounce
22nd December 2007, 19:19
. Given how many times we saw him on the pit wall with Flav during the second half of 2007 in particular, however, I doubt he's got any need to worry.

So what was Flav doing with Jr on the pit wall? I mean that's a pretty public place!! :eek:

SGWilko
22nd December 2007, 20:38
My endearing memories thus far of NPJr are watching the GP2 races on ITV, where invariably Piquet could be seen overdoing it and ending up in 'the rough'.

BDunnell
22nd December 2007, 20:56
My enduring memory of him is of being rather unimpressed with his being utterly un-bothered at being given a drive in the Goodwood Revival a few years ago.

However, I look forward immensely to seeing how he does in F1.

markabilly
22nd December 2007, 22:06
So what was Flav doing with Jr on the pit wall? I mean that's a pretty public place!! :eek:

A wide stance... :s mokin:

Do you really want to know???Yuk

Besides they were decent enough as they kept their hands down below the counter where you could not see them...unlike a certain US Congressman who said his neighbor-cop misunderstood when the Congressman took a wide stance.... :rolleyes:

mstillhere
22nd December 2007, 23:35
I've seen nothing from Jr. to suggest that he can beat Alonso.

I second that.

ClarkFan
23rd December 2007, 05:38
More to it than that. Jr says that he is in F1 purely on merit. Now!! seeing that Flav scked Heiki and Fisi to put this guy in, it follows that he considers himself to be better than either Heiki and Fisi - a very tall order. Fisi won the Oz GP two years ago, remember? Now how many races does Jr think he can win or even score podiums? He will have to beat Kimi, Massa, Alonso, Heiki and Hamilton and possibly one or two BMW's and the odd Williams (Rosberg) to gain a win, and most of the above to gain a podium.

Well, Jr. certainly has his father's ego. We'll see if he has the talent, too.

But Piquet really wasn't a dominant GP2 driver. Hamilton both beat him for the 2006 season championship, and the "Piquet Sports" team was as well funded as any in the field. And he finished 8th in 2005, behind Rosberg, Kovalainen, Scott Speed and Adam Carroll (who raced on a shoestring).

Perhaps his defnintion of merit includes "born well." ;)

ClarkFan

ShiftingGears
27th December 2007, 08:24
Emmo sure thinks that Jr. is hot stuff.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64475

Dzeidzei
27th December 2007, 08:58
Emmo sure thinks that Jr. is hot stuff.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64475

I think NPJr has showed absolutely nothing sofar, but who knows...maybe he can surprise us all?

In 2008 he will have a chance of a lifetime to prove himself. And F1 surely needs a strong Brazilian presence. At the moment its pathetic at best.

Regarding Emmos and Jr´s daddy´s comments... what the hell do you expect? Those comments are however worth nothing.

Valve Bounce
27th December 2007, 10:50
Well, if Jr can beat Fernando, then he can surely say he is the hottest and the best. IF!!

Tazio
27th December 2007, 11:15
I think NPJr has showed absolutely nothing sofar, but who knows...maybe he can surprise us all?

In 2008 he will have a chance of a lifetime to prove himself. And F1 surely needs a strong Brazilian presence. At the moment its pathetic at best.

Regarding Emmos and Jr´s daddy´s comments... what the hell do you expect? Those comments are however worth nothing.
There is a Brazilian doing a pretty good job holding down a Ferrari seat!
They have been represented better in the past. There was two last year, and there will be two this year. How many countries can claim that? I don't think "pathetic at best" is a good charactorization of their current representation. IMHO

tinchote
27th December 2007, 12:20
They have been represented better in the past. There was two last year, and there will be two this year. How many countries can claim that? I don't think "pathetic at best" is a good charactorization of their current representation. IMHO

Two? I count three. Did Rubinho finally retired? :confused:

Dzeidzei
27th December 2007, 13:47

Sorry, forgot all about the 2nd Ferrari driver... how could I :)

The truth is that the history of Brazilian drivers is much more glamorous than the present. And maybe thats why NPjunior gets so much hopes (and pressure) on him. Hopefully he can deliver.

Tazio
27th December 2007, 15:53
Two? I count three. Did Rubinho finally retired? :confused: Whoops!

Valve Bounce
27th December 2007, 19:37
Two? I count three. Did Rubinho finally retired? :confused:

Three??? :confused: Who is the third?? Massa plus Rubens makes two.

OK!! just realised - three this year. :)

jso1985
28th December 2007, 03:10

comming from former WDC's, surely the comments are worth something.
or is it that Jackie Stewart is the only "certified" fomer WDC whose comments are worth something?

Valve Bounce
28th December 2007, 04:27
or is it that Jackie Stewart is the only "certified" fomer WDC whose comments are worth something?

I think e should wait until March to see how good he is. If he is as good as he thinks he is, then he is bloody good.

Dzeidzei
28th December 2007, 07:47

Jackie should mostly shut up. What I meant was that the hype on NPJr from former Brazilian WCD´s is just hype, until the kid really shows something.

Valve Bounce
28th December 2007, 08:07
Jackie should mostly shut up. What I meant was that the hype on NPJr from former Brazilian WCD´s is just hype, until the kid really shows something.

I have a lot of respect for Jackie Stewart, as I do for Emmerson, and Senna. Piquet was a bit of a nutter when he was riled, but he was also a great driver. It seems to me that Brazilians are gifted drivers, and I certainly include Rubens and Massa here. How Emmo and Piquet Sr rate Jr may be because he is Brazillian - certainly he doesn't get the hype that bunsen got from the Poms when he was doing next to nothing. (surprise, surprise!!).

So, I await next march with great anticipation because Jr may actually be paired against the most talented driver of today. I would say now that we should not rate him against Fernando, but more against the Williams' and BMW drivers. If he can race with them, then he will have to be good.

Dzeidzei
28th December 2007, 08:49
I think e should wait until March to see how good he is. If he is as good as he thinks he is, then he is bloody good.

Well, most of them are not as good as they think they are. Most of them are not as good their fans think they are.

Except Ralfie of course.

leopard
28th December 2007, 11:38
It is good he has such optimism, I think he will give considerable challenge after passing some adjustment period.

Tazio
28th December 2007, 19:28
Jackie should mostly shut up.
:) Yea' mostly he should!

Still my favorite all time pilot though!

Ari
2nd January 2008, 00:29

I agree.

No, not going to say much more! :p

leopard
2nd January 2008, 03:57
Jr hasn't yet proved anything in F1, seems Renault have their strongest drivers. I think the right time came to give opportunity to the teammate once he see that he is capable.
I think their whole performance would have dependency on:
1. How Flav will give the team direction.
2. How good Jr has ability developing the car, and not solely at the mercy of being teammate of experienced driver like Alonso, would he have that mentality?
3. How Alonso will see reality, if he insist the team of gaining number 1 status, they could probably be another McLaren.

I'd suggest Jr to have the sharp observation on the team and his teammate, before deciding he runs himself for challenging the title.

Dzeidzei
2nd January 2008, 13:31
Jr hasn't yet proved anything in F1, seems Renault have their strongest drivers.

Well, not according to Alonso. FA was happy to let NPJr drive. He did NOT want to be alonside Heikki. Heikki always wanted to continue at Renault but Flav´s golden boy couldnt take that.

If he gets beaten by Jr.... well maybe he´s not that great after all.

leopard
3rd January 2008, 03:11
Renault doesn't all follow along Alonso's preference, they should retain Fisi to repeat their success from their duo Alonso Fisi, as this combination gave less conflict for the team.

I think Jr was aimed at regeneration program considering Alonso is only designated to drive Renault a single season, and may possible to look for another better comfortable seat at Ferrari.

As much as Jr has his talent up to give challenge against his senior teammate, I doubt that he would outpace Alonso, unless Flav is ready with the calculated risk from giving the equal treatment to his two drivers.