PDA

View Full Version : Entrylist Sweden 2008

Micke_VOC
18th December 2007, 19:19
The entry list is uppdated now...
http://www.swerally.se/se,anmalningar.html

"Please note that this list of entrants is unofficial. After the entries have closed an official list will be published."

Simmi
19th December 2007, 17:50
I think all rallies should do this.

Mikkelsen now in and a couple of others.

Magnus
19th December 2007, 17:56
Since the swedish championship have not been part of the Swedish Rally for ten year, but is this winter, the interest from this group have been record breaking. For us swedes it will be very interesting of course.
8 weeks to go. ten dregres plus in kiruna yesterday, but actually far colder a bit firther south...

Roy
19th December 2007, 18:45
I think all rallies should do this.

Mikkelsen now in and a couple of others.

This + eye in the sky together makes a ally wonderfull for fans.

Micke_VOC
19th December 2007, 19:39
Remember after last three stages saturday and sunday its gonna be 100 more cars =) This because the Swedish Championship run after the world rally event. =)
Entry list here:
http://www.resultatdata.com/rally/anmalan/listor/lista.jsp?tavling=226&urval=granskaddeltar&sortering=tavlingsklasslicensklassinkom&rubrik=Anm%E4lningslista&min=1&max=2&rubrik2=Anm%E4lningslistor

Tom206wrc
19th December 2007, 19:45
Wow !!! Bertrand Pierrat will run the rally !!! :eek:

For information, Pierrat is a gentleman driver from eastern-France driving a Toyota Corolla WRC in various national rallies... ;)

It's the first time I see him on international event :confused:

His codriver is the lovely swiss lady Eugenie Decré :D

J4MIE
19th December 2007, 21:24
This + eye in the sky together makes a ally wonderfull for fans.

Actually I would much prefer that no helicopters were used at all at events.

bennizw
19th December 2007, 23:03
Because they ask you to buzz of from the great photo spots you have found J4mie? ;)

J4MIE
20th December 2007, 03:08
No, because:

1) Harder to hear the cars if at all
2) If you are walking down a stage and can't hear a car approaching cos of a helicopter, can be quite dangerous!

Tomi
20th December 2007, 06:54
No, because:

2) If you are walking down a stage and can't hear a car approaching cos of a helicopter, can be quite dangerous!

agree 100%

feresc13
20th December 2007, 08:22
No, because:

Last Catalunya Rally I "lost" some photos cause of the helicopter noise, I couldn't hear the car.

feresc13
20th December 2007, 08:23
His codriver is the lovely swiss lady Eugenie Decré :D

I prefer Ramona Karlsson :love:

Tom206wrc
21st December 2007, 11:55
Lucky guy Anders Grondal !!! He will be codriven by Maria Andersson in 2008 !!! :p :

http://www.norsk-rally.com/modules/module_123/proxy.aspx?D=2&C=2&I=5093

Micke_VOC
21st December 2007, 18:23
Lets talk about Swedish Rally now..not only codriver girls =)

Subaru World Rally Team have entry two cars, Solberg and Atkinsson.

alleskids
21st December 2007, 22:46
The double tasking of co-driver Eddy Chevaillier with both Peter van Mersteijn senior and Francois Fuval has been partly solved. Both junior and senior Peter van Mersteijn would do the 4 tarmac WRC rallies, but instead of Rallye Monte Carlo, they will do the Swedisch Rally with their Focus WRC06. It has been a very long time that Dutch drivers drove the Swedisch Rally, so it is a nice solution.

pucky54
21st December 2007, 23:01
Are the van Merksteijns doing the "Wevers Cup" (Euro Rally Challenge) too?

MartijnS
22nd December 2007, 02:23
No, I don't think so, am not sure though.

GigiGalliNo1
22nd December 2007, 03:04
No, because:

But doesn't it make sence when yu hear a heli you know a car is coming? Wouldn't people for example your self whom has been following rally much longer then me (I think) know this by now? I would preffer there to be heli's as then "Oh get prepaird a car is coming"... hrmmm

Daniel
22nd December 2007, 08:14
You should know that there's a two minute gap. If there is no helicopter you can hear the car and can get a good idea of how long it will be with you. People like j4mie are looking through a lens. Not down the stage. I think helicopters shouldn't be there either. A rally is for spectators and competitors. Not armchair wrc fans.

Magnus
22nd December 2007, 09:00
Lucky guy Anders Grondal !!! He will be codriven by Maria Andersson in 2008 !!! :p :

http://www.norsk-rally.com/modules/module_123/proxy.aspx?D=2&C=2&I=5093

So what abt Flodin then? I thought they where a great couple...
Hmm...

J4MIE
22nd December 2007, 23:22
But doesn't it make sence when yu hear a heli you know a car is coming? Wouldn't people for example your self whom has been following rally much longer then me (I think) know this by now? I would preffer there to be heli's as then "Oh get prepaird a car is coming"... hrmmm

Of course, it would be easy if there was never a car coming when a helicopter decides to pass, or if there was always a car coming. It's when the first three helicopters go over the stage, so you jump off to the side, only to stand there for a while when nothing hapens. So then the fourth chopper, following the car along the stage, approaches but spectators ignore it because obviously nothing is coming.

AKA "crying wolf".

Anyone who has walked down a stage with me would know that I do it safely and if there is any doubt if there's a car approaching, I get off the road and wait until it passes. Typically this takes approximately fifteen minutes, but I prefer to be on the safe side because as soon as I decide there is nothing coming and jump back onto the road, that's when a car will arrive!!

PS I have been going to rallies since I was two weeks old, so probably a lot longer than you.

Daniel
22nd December 2007, 23:25
Remember Finland this year? Yeah that was the last car. Oops! :p

Erki
22nd December 2007, 23:47
I think helicopters shouldn't be there either. A rally is for spectators and competitors. Not armchair wrc fans.

It doesn't matter much to me if there are helicopters on the stages or not. Weren't they banned a few years ago anyway? Must have been a temporary ban then. :confused:

I won't bother going to more detail(because there isn't many, just an opinion), but I disagree with your last statement.

Tom206wrc
23rd December 2007, 08:34
Entries close the 3rd january, and update of the swedish site isn't fast :mark:

WRXedUSA
23rd December 2007, 15:28
Swedish news reporting Gronholm will drive a Ford WRC in Sweden?

Is this news, or just news to me?

Viktory
23rd December 2007, 19:17
Swedish news reporting Gronholm will drive a Ford WRC in Sweden?

Is this news, or just news to me?

That is news to me. Checked around a bit, but couldn't find anything. Amazing if true though :)

Tom: I'm guessing the website admins are enjoying a bit of christmas holiday for a few days :)

jparker
23rd December 2007, 20:34
A rally is for spectators and competitors. Not armchair wrc fans.
So, you are not armchair wrc fan, right? If that's the case, how do you explaing over 25000 posts in this forum? Or maybe you use toilet seat when you post here?

noel157
23rd December 2007, 23:13
So, you are not armchair wrc fan, right? If that's the case, how do you explaing over 25000 posts in this forum? Or maybe you use toilet seat when you post here?

Very good.....

Serously, a WRC rally is not for spectators, it's for television, nothing else. Sign of the times guess.

noel157
23rd December 2007, 23:13

Very good.....

Serously, a WRC rally is not for spectators, it's for television, nothing else. Same as F1. Sign of the times guess.

noel157
23rd December 2007, 23:14

Very good.....

Serously, a WRC rally is not for spectators, it's for television, nothing else. Same as F1. Sign of the times I guess.

jparker
24th December 2007, 04:28
Very good.....

Serously, a WRC rally is not for spectators, it's for television, nothing else. Same as F1. Sign of the times I guess.

Where did you get that from? Why are you quoting me if your comment has nothing to do with mine?

Magnus
24th December 2007, 08:47
No christmasfeelings jparker?
;)

noel157
24th December 2007, 11:33
Yes JP, where's your Christmas spirit.... :)

I quoted your post because I found it amusing.....
The TV remark was part of the general discussion on armchair rally fans which you were contributing to.

Happy holidays.

Tom206wrc
24th December 2007, 13:15
It seems Jimmy Joge will drive a Subaru Impreza GrN on this rally...does someone know if Peugeot Sweden plans to run the 207 S2000 there again and who would drive it ??? :confused:

Tom206wrc
27th December 2007, 08:52
So if I understood, no update of entrylist until at least the 2nd january ??? :mark:

Simmi
27th December 2007, 11:38
The works Citroens are now on there and a few PWRC drivers. Still not much at the moment though.

WRXedUSA
27th December 2007, 18:15
That is news to me. Checked around a bit, but couldn't find anything. Amazing if true though :)

Tom: I'm guessing the website admins are enjoying a bit of christmas holiday for a few days :)

Found it: http://www.automotorsport.se/nyhetsmall.asp?version=61907

My swedish isnt the best, but trying Gronholm to score manufacturers points at critical rallies is a good strategy.

Magnus
27th December 2007, 18:46
It says that Ford has asked him to drive a few rallies during 2008 but that Bosse, at that point (12 oct) had not decided yet.
It also says that it is Hirvonen who has tried to pursuade Bosse into doing this. Bosse would then use Latvalas car.

BTW WRXed, looking at your profile one could almost believe that you are in Ytterhogdal... Hmm...?
;)

Tom206wrc
30th December 2007, 10:38
Frédéric Sauvan is on the entrylist with a Mitsubishi Lancer GrN :eek:

Brother John
30th December 2007, 11:17
Frédéric Sauvan is on the entrylist with a Mitsubishi Lancer GrN :eek:

Seems like a lot of drivers don´t like S2000! :p

Simmi
30th December 2007, 13:00
I dont really see the point in entering an S2000 on a winter event until the cars are set up better and there is a winter event in the IRC. No point in a private team spending money to do the donkey work and develop a good winter setup for no reason. I might be wrong about this but I imagine they would just get murdered by the Group N cars.

Micke_VOC
30th December 2007, 13:23
I dont really see the point in entering an S2000 on a winter event until the cars are set up better and there is a winter event in the IRC. No point in a private team spending money to do the donkey work and develop a good winter setup for no reason. I might be wrong about this but I imagine they would just get murdered by the Group N cars.

Is too fast for a S2000 with the gear ratios they have now and horsepower ...

Magnus
1st January 2008, 19:36
I wonder if daniel carlssons story is over by now, or if he manages to make yet another come back. I guess he had his last big chance when Olsberg bought the two Subarus. But he always seems very positive anyway. In an interview in NWT the 7 of december he talked abt that he had something big comming up.
Nothing his happening on his website, and he is not on the list of drivers for USR.
It will be very exciting to see which names will appear on the updated entrylist on wednesday.

Fly
2nd January 2008, 18:03
Aaava and Rautenbach on the Xsara.

Red bull add a second driver to the team: Sousa. Too bad they stick to group N with two Mitsu.

WRXedUSA
2nd January 2008, 20:59
I wonder if daniel carlssons story is over by now, or if he manages to make yet another come back. I guess he had his last big chance when Olsberg bought the two Subarus. But he always seems very positive anyway. In an interview in NWT the 7 of december he talked abt that he had something big comming up.
Nothing his happening on his website, and he is not on the list of drivers for USR.
It will be very exciting to see which names will appear on the updated entrylist on wednesday.

I'm sure Daniel could find a way to barbeque a Subaru in the snowy forest given the chance. Olsbergs knows better.

JAM
3rd January 2008, 00:18
The second driver on red Bull team is a young driver from Madeira island: Bernardo Sousa. He is very fast but needs more experience to finish rallyes... is a kind of... let's say.. Latvala!

Tom206wrc
3rd January 2008, 00:40
Aaava and Rautenbach on the Xsara.

Definitely no C4 for them ?? :(

Magnus
3rd January 2008, 05:01
The second driver on red Bull team is a young driver from Madeira island: Bernardo Sousa. He is very fast but needs more experience to finish rallyes... is a kind of... let's say.. Latvala!

A future world champ in other words?
;)

Koppomsbo
3rd January 2008, 05:56
Could someone please post a link to the entry list that works?

Edit : http://www.swedishrally.com/se,anmalningar.html

Timole
3rd January 2008, 06:04
Definitely no C4 for them ?? :(

As far as i have heard the case is the following - Aava is in C4 and Rautenbach in Xsara. The question with FIA was that they wanted to register as a team, which uses the same car but different model, but FIA didn´t give them that premission.

VFTS
3rd January 2008, 07:46
Rautenbach will do Monte and Sweden in Xsara, he will then receive a C4 for use in the rest of the season.

Tom206wrc
3rd January 2008, 08:39
Thanks for the info VFTS ;)

alleskids
3rd January 2008, 08:54
So we have an official second Citroen Team registered for manufacterer points? Ph Sport Citroen World Rally Team ?

pucky54
3rd January 2008, 09:08
who knows?

Magnus
3rd January 2008, 12:48
Looking at the entry list: Maybe someone should call Ford and remind them abt the Swedish rally...?
:)

Roy
3rd January 2008, 12:54
Looking at the entry list: Maybe someone should call Ford and remind them abt the Swedish rally...?

I was thinking the same... If they forget to entry, what will happen?
Speculate....

Viking
3rd January 2008, 13:06

Also Stobart entries missing. I guess Malcolm is using only one envelope (cutting costs).

Tom206wrc
3rd January 2008, 14:32
When is official entrylist published ?? :confused:

J4MIE
3rd January 2008, 14:48
When is official entrylist published ?? :confused:

If you look at the website, Tom, you will see that it says Thursday Jan 10 :)

Tom206wrc
3rd January 2008, 15:20
OK thanks J4MIE :D

Dilek
3rd January 2008, 16:16
It' update now :)
http://www.swerally.se/se,anmalningar.html

c4
3rd January 2008, 16:19
See Daniel Carlson entered in 307.

Magnus
3rd January 2008, 16:21
One could almost believe that Bosse wont be driving...
:(
I had that old USR feeling today when I looked at some old footages; I wonder if it will come back. Loeb will probably wipe his rearbumper with Hirvonen and the others.
Well, well

Simmi
3rd January 2008, 16:22
Hopefully Carlsson's entry will not fall through for any reason. He should be able to make the top 8 I'd imagine.

Also interesting to see Kristian Sohlberg in an S2000 Punto.

Magnus
3rd January 2008, 16:24
See Daniel Carlson entered in 307.

wonder which whale that is?

Tom206wrc
3rd January 2008, 16:30
Carlsson in a whale !!! :eek:

c4
3rd January 2008, 16:32
Wonder what Flodin and Sandell plan to drive as TBA on entry although entered in N4.

c4
3rd January 2008, 16:37

Perhaps taken Alen's place as Anton had planned to enter.

Micke_VOC
3rd January 2008, 17:23
64 cars entried soo far...

+ 100 cars who will drive for the swedish championship.

Koppomsbo
3rd January 2008, 17:41
Wonder what Flodin and Sandell plan to drive as TBA on entry although entered in N4.

Peugeot Swedens S2000 car isnt a bad guess for sandell

Tom206wrc
3rd January 2008, 17:56
Peugeot Swedens S2000 car isnt a bad guess for sandell

Are there more or less strong rumours about Patrik Sandell being the new Peugeot-Sweden driver this year ?? :confused:

Roy
3rd January 2008, 18:10
Great list so far. Couple of new Citroen. Thats good for the sport. Nice to see Carlsson back with a car from a different brand. Always good to see more different cars.
No Thomas Schie this year? Not that is important, but I had expected him.

Al Qassimi drives this rally too :eek: First snow entry? Is a bit different this cold, white sand ;)

sindroms
3rd January 2008, 18:25
+ 100 cars who will drive for the swedish championship.

Which day and stages in SWE WRC will be driven by SWE championshipn cars?

Micke_VOC
3rd January 2008, 20:46
Which day and stages in SWE WRC will be driven by SWE championshipn cars?

Last three stages saturday and sunday... and last stage on friday. (SSS)

Entry list Swedish Championship:
http://www.resultatdata.com/rally/anmalan/listor/lista.jsp?tavling=226&urval=granskaddeltar&sortering=tavlingsklasslicensklassinkom&rubrik=Anm%E4lningslista&min=1&max=2&rubrik2=Anm%E4lningslistor

VFTS
3rd January 2008, 20:57
Thomas Schie have stopped rallying. He didnt get enough money to compete with a WRC-car in the norwegian campionship either.

Lets hope he is back in 2009!!!

WRXedUSA
3rd January 2008, 21:21
Joge in a Evo9. That's good!

Subaru Sweden has 3 cars entered!

A.F.F.
3rd January 2008, 23:39
Loeb will probably wipe his rearbumper with Hirvonen and the others.
Well, well

Really? Well, think again...

A.F.F.
3rd January 2008, 23:42

Why Sohlberg, why oh why??? Sohlberg's finishing rate is smaller than Matthew Wilson's top stage times.

Magnus
3rd January 2008, 23:47
Really? Well, think again...

Ok, I am trying. thanks for the tip :)

Tom206wrc
3rd January 2008, 23:50
Last three stages saturday and sunday... and last stage on friday. (SSS)

Entry list Swedish Championship:

I don't see Sandell on this swedish list :confused:

Tom206wrc
4th January 2008, 00:07
Carlsson will drive a Bozian whale it's written on his website ;)

http://www.danielcarlsson.com

Mirek
4th January 2008, 00:09
He is here: http://www.swerally.se/se,anmalningar.html

A.F.F.
4th January 2008, 01:18
I'm glad Carlsson chose 307. I'm just afraid he chose it a year too late. 307 would have been a killer 2007.

Micke_VOC
4th January 2008, 06:02
Carlsson will drive a Bozian whale it's written on his website ;)

http://www.danielcarlsson.com

The Same wahle that Delcour shall use in Monte

pino
4th January 2008, 07:07
I am glad Carlsson will be there too :up:

White Sauron
4th January 2008, 07:59
The Same wahle that Delcour shall use in Monte

Let's hope Delecour won't smash it in Monte...

A.F.F.
4th January 2008, 08:44
Let's hope Delecour won't smash it in Monte...

Naaah. If he smashes anything, it'll be his co-driver. :D

Daniel
4th January 2008, 08:46
Naaah. If he smashes anything, it'll be his co-driver. :D
We're not talking about Galli here dude. This is Delecour. He doesn't smash co-drivers! He just verbally abuses them :p

Magnus
4th January 2008, 09:10
Daniel says on his site that if there is anything that he thinks is not up to date or in good condition he will rfuse to drive the car.
Naturally this is bacause he wants a fair chance to prove his skills. The big, huge, problem is that he has been given such chances before, not least with Olsbergs.
I guess if I were in Daniels shoes I would take any chance to drive at top level.
I hope I am proved wrong sooner or later, but daniel is not a driver who will be competeing with Hirvonen and latvala during the years to come.
daniel would do anythng to be in Petters shoes, whilst petter would do anything to be in a functioning car.
For myself: a start in the USR would be nice!

Viking
4th January 2008, 09:13
We're not talking about Galli here dude. This is Delecour. He doesn't smash co-drivers! He just verbally abuses them :p

So Psycho is back, the codriver better not be late calling the notes :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe-_U_DteQY

Koppomsbo
4th January 2008, 09:31
Daniel says on his site that if there is anything that he thinks is not up to date or in good condition he will rfuse to drive the car.

Well maybe theres more then car that can go out of date....

A.F.F.
4th January 2008, 10:34

Oh yeah. Pardon my french monsieur co-driver but you're a **** ******* **** ******** ******* *****, ****** and ****!!!!!!!!

pino
4th January 2008, 13:18
We're not talking about Galli here dude. This is Delecour. He doesn't smash co-drivers!

You don't know Delecour then ;)

Tom206wrc
4th January 2008, 13:27
Bozian-Racing is a very professional team and showed it during the WRC 2006 campaign, I don't think there will be problems with Carlsson ;)

WRXedUSA
4th January 2008, 16:04
Naturally this is bacause he wants a fair chance to prove his skills. The big, huge, problem is that he has been given such chances before, not least with Olsbergs.
I guess if I were in Daniels shoes I would take any chance to drive at top level.
I hope I am proved wrong sooner or later, but daniel is not a driver who will be competeing with Hirvonen and latvala during the years to come.
daniel would do anythng to be in Petters shoes, whilst petter would do anything to be in a functioning car.

You are spot on.

He's being picky? Lest we have a short memory.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Hermes%20Foto/2005/11/11/0IPSAI9F--400x280.jpg

More falukorv for the barbeque please!

Simmi
4th January 2008, 18:43
Pfftt they can repair that lol!

Koppomsbo
4th January 2008, 18:49

:laugh: :laugh:

Magnus
4th January 2008, 19:03
There is some thread somewhere which discusses the different chassies of the 307, and what happened to them. Bosse has destroyed a few, probably on purpose ;) . One in Australia actually.
Daniel has also one destroyed on that list :D
Or should it be :(

Magnus
4th January 2008, 19:05
OT Koppomsbo BTW: if you hold on at 847 posts we can be a pair for ever!
Or maybe not...
Excuse me; I should have passed that last beer... :)

Tom206wrc
5th January 2008, 19:57
Does someone have an idea of who will codrive Daniel Carlsson ??? :confused:

Backdraft
5th January 2008, 20:24
It's can be Denis Giraudet, like the last season... and like Delecour ??

VFTS
5th January 2008, 20:53
In Sweden Denis Giraudet co-drives Eyvind Brynildsen

swordsman
6th January 2008, 15:15
You are spot on.

He's being picky? Lest we have a short memory.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Hermes%20Foto/2005/11/11/0IPSAI9F--400x280.jpg

Well, I've always earlier thought that you understood something about rallying. In that case you should know that you can't judge a driver from one single mistake. Of course you're free to think anything about Daniel, but if you judge by this one Australian mistake then you're just silly. He rolled and the car went on fire. A WRC car normally shouldn't start burning because of a roll, everyone knows. And MANY drivers have rolled a car, and many drivers have rolled their cars more times than carlsson... Of course it was a stupid roll, but the only reason you remember it is because it was totally burned out, and that wasn't really his fault. And most important: I don't believe you are so silly, you KNOW that.

swordsman
6th January 2008, 15:16

Hehe, maybe you're right Magnus... But one thing you are totally wrong about. Olsbergs was NOT a fair chance to prove skills. Remember that Daniel only went off 1 single time in Olsbergs, all other retirements was mechanical and he had mech problems on all finishes too. :)

But I agree... I'd really like him to prove his skills!

MJW
6th January 2008, 16:22
Olsbergs problems were with Tobias, it was he who crashed on the Finland test and then Olsbergs cancelled the rally programe.

Magnus
6th January 2008, 18:44
Olsbergs problems were with Tobias, it was he who crashed on the Finland test and then Olsbergs cancelled the rally programe.

It is true, but as Olsberg himself has said he was disappointed with both daniel and Mattias and thought they were better then they turned out to be. He thinks that he should have opted for some more experienced drivers.

daniel have had other possibilities though, amongst the one in Australia which the pic above hints at...

Magnus
6th January 2008, 18:46
Hehe, maybe you're right Magnus... But one thing you are totally wrong about. Olsbergs was NOT a fair chance to prove skills. Remember that Daniel only went off 1 single time in Olsbergs, all other retirements was mechanical and he had mech problems on all finishes too. :)

But I agree... I'd really like him to prove his skills!

Could be you are right. it maybe a subaru problem aswell...

J4MIE
7th January 2008, 07:01
Daniel seems like a nice guy as well, I hope it works out for him :up:

swordsman
7th January 2008, 08:11
Could be you are right. it maybe a subaru problem aswell...

Actually yes, it's partly a Subaru problem but more than that. I know this is like "svära i kyrkan" in Sweden (svära i kyrkan~=saying bad words in church) but I must say that Olsbergs is the big problem. I love his generosity to the rallysport but if you look closely and if you even better have some inside info you know that he does it in completely the wrong way.

If he want to invest in rallying. Why put himself, an old company boss, as team manager? Why not pay a good team to take care of everything. Go as a sponsor in for example Bozian (he did that to Daniel in 2004 - a good DC season) and let them decide everything. Instead he went as team manager himself in 2005 just letting R.E.D do the dirty work. The sum of it was a totally unsuccessful season, a team (R.E.D) that didn't want to talk to him, Daniel ending up his cooperation with him because he couldn't do a professional work and Tobias facing the end of his career. That isn't quite a gift to the rally sport - is it!?

Looking further he went into sponsoring Patrik Flodin last year... What happened? Flodin didn't have a very successful year and now he seems to be without good contracts and opportunities? From rumours I've heard that Olsbergs will sponsor no rallying this year... Monitor seems to have went off the boat too.

Now, I know half of you have been getting me wrong. I don't hate Olsbergs at all. All money they have invested shows really good will and generosity to Swedish rallysport. BUT that doesn't help the fact that Göran (Mr Olsbergs) does it the wrong way. The drivers going into the Olsbergs team doesn't get the professional surroundings needed to perform at the top level in world rallying (psychological factors etc etc) that a team manager and professional team should offer. In my opinion that's the big thing that makes drivers perform good just from time to time (and mostly bad) in Olsbergs. Look at Tobias, Daniel, Patrik........

The only consistently good performance is from Rådström in Swedish Championships. But to perform consistently good in Swedish champ is far from performing good in World champ... All of them could have performed well in Swedish champ.

Now, kill me if you want, but I'm afraid this is truth... :( Anyway, I'm happy about all the money Olsbergs has put into rallying - the only shame is they could have been much better used.

Tom206wrc
7th January 2008, 10:12
Sorry if that has been already written, but when official entrylist will be published ?? :confused:

EDIT: OK it will be next thursday(10th january) ;)

Tom206wrc
7th January 2008, 16:55
Remember after last three stages saturday and sunday its gonna be 100 more cars =) This because the Swedish Championship run after the world rally event. =)
Entry list here:

Daniel Carlsson is on the entrylist of the swedish championship too :eek:

Will he really run the entire season ??? :confused:

pantealex
7th January 2008, 18:02

There is P-G Andersson with SX4 on that list also

swordsman
7th January 2008, 21:10

Will he really run the entire season ??? :confused:

Of course he is on the list. If you're already driving, why not score Swedish championship points? :)

Slipzen
7th January 2008, 22:40
Actually yes, it's partly a Subaru problem but more than that. I know this is like "svära i kyrkan" in Sweden (svära i kyrkan~=saying bad words in church) but I must say that Olsbergs is the big problem. I love his generosity to the rallysport but if you look closely and if you even better have some inside info you know that he does it in completely the wrong way.

If he want to invest in rallying. Why put himself, an old company boss, as team manager? Why not pay a good team to take care of everything. Go as a sponsor in for example Bozian (he did that to Daniel in 2004 - a good DC season) and let them decide everything. Instead he went as team manager himself in 2005 just letting R.E.D do the dirty work. The sum of it was a totally unsuccessful season, a team (R.E.D) that didn't want to talk to him, Daniel ending up his cooperation with him because he couldn't do a professional work and Tobias facing the end of his career. That isn't quite a gift to the rally sport - is it!?

Looking further he went into sponsoring Patrik Flodin last year... What happened? Flodin didn't have a very successful year and now he seems to be without good contracts and opportunities? From rumours I've heard that Olsbergs will sponsor no rallying this year... Monitor seems to have went off the boat too.

Now, I know half of you have been getting me wrong. I don't hate Olsbergs at all. All money they have invested shows really good will and generosity to Swedish rallysport. BUT that doesn't help the fact that Göran (Mr Olsbergs) does it the wrong way. The drivers going into the Olsbergs team doesn't get the professional surroundings needed to perform at the top level in world rallying (psychological factors etc etc) that a team manager and professional team should offer. In my opinion that's the big thing that makes drivers perform good just from time to time (and mostly bad) in Olsbergs. Look at Tobias, Daniel, Patrik........

The only consistently good performance is from Rådström in Swedish Championships. But to perform consistently good in Swedish champ is far from performing good in World champ... All of them could have performed well in Swedish champ.

Now, kill me if you want, but I'm afraid this is truth... :( Anyway, I'm happy about all the money Olsbergs has put into rallying - the only shame is they could have been much better used.

Good to have you back on the forum swordsman. You always, well almost always ;) have some good opinions.

Tom206wrc
7th January 2008, 23:10
Of course he is on the list. If you're already driving, why not score Swedish championship points? :)

But if you don't run the entire championship you have no chance of winning overall so what's the point ?? :mark:

Magnus
8th January 2008, 06:22
http://www.vf.se/Sport/Bilsport/2008/Januari/Vecka-1/Carlssons-chansning.aspx
Carlsson talks abt his venture.
Amongst other things it says that he is not shure what co-driver he will use.
it is the same car as he drove in USR 05 and in Japan and Australia. He is in negotiations with Bozian regarding testing; it comes down to money(sic!) and logistics.
Bertil Klaring, Head of the rallyorganization, puts Galli as a highly plausible winner.
In total 170 cars will start, which is a all time high.

swordsman
8th January 2008, 07:13
Good to have you back on the forum swordsman. You always, well almost always ;) have some good opinions.

Thanx, it's good to be here, but work is taking too much time :S

Tom206wrc
8th January 2008, 08:42
http://www.vf.se/Sport/Bilsport/2008/Januari/Vecka-1/Carlssons-chansning.aspx
Carlsson talks abt his venture.
Amongst other things it says that he is not shure what co-driver he will use.
it is the same car as he drove in USR 05 and in Japan and Australia. He is in negotiations with Bozian regarding testing; it comes down to money(sic!) and logistics.

I'm a little worrying because here in France there are strong rumours of Bozian-Racing having really bad health(started since Manfred Stohl and OMV let the team down after 2006 whereas Jacky Bozian was 100% sure he would have continued in 2007 WRC championship) :mark:

Other rumours even talk about Transalliance, Patrick Henry's main sponsor/company with the intention to buy Bozian-Racing(meaning bankrupt for Jacky and his son, head of the team) :s

Really really sad ;(

Neodyum
8th January 2008, 09:03
Why should it be sad if Alexandre Michel buy stakes in Bozian?
It's the best way to help the team. It would be great if a new manager arrives too!

Bozian needs new drivers (new sponsors to run cars) > it means a man able to find contacts and money.

Tom206wrc
8th January 2008, 11:11
Alright Neodyum but when a new boss arrives, current plans of the team can be changed quickly :mark:

swordsman
8th January 2008, 12:11
Check out PG at the Suzuki test in Kall, Jämtland, Sweden today: http://www.vf.se/Sport/Bilsport/2008/Januari/Vecka-2/Det-ar-tempo-som-galler.aspx

Tom206wrc
8th January 2008, 12:59
Do we know now what cars will drive Sandell and Flodin ?? :confused:

Neodyum
8th January 2008, 13:04
Alright Neodyum but when a new boss arrives, current plans of the team can be changed quickly :mark:

Staying off topic (sorry).
Alexandre Michel is no more involved in the story... but there is another opportunity for Bozian.
And I don't see what can be changed... Bozian runs cars. Finding a new boss or, even better, a sales manager would be great for the team.

Viktory
8th January 2008, 13:26
Check out PG at the Suzuki test in Kall, Jämtland, Sweden today: http://www.vf.se/Sport/Bilsport/2008/Januari/Vecka-2/Det-ar-tempo-som-galler.aspx

Some more pictures on PG's homepage: http://www.pgandersson.se/Ny/Bilder2008/080108WRCtest.htm

Tom206wrc
10th January 2008, 08:35
At what time today is official entrylist published ?? :confused:

Tom206wrc
10th January 2008, 15:06
Please nobody knows at what time entrylist is published, normally, today ?? :confused:

anncath
10th January 2008, 15:15
Normaly it should be published today "during the day". I wonder that it´s not out,jet. Also waiting for it...

Tom206wrc
10th January 2008, 21:52
But that official entrylist then !!! :(

I'd like to see if Sandell will run with the 207 or not !! :mark:

swordsman
11th January 2008, 07:40

I don't think you'll see that in the official list, because I don't think it's decided. It can still be TBA in the official list, you know!

Tom206wrc
11th January 2008, 08:36
OK :mark:

J4MIE
11th January 2008, 14:43
You'll just have to wait Tom!!

Micke_VOC
11th January 2008, 14:55

Sandell gonne drive the Swedish Peugeot teams Peugeot 207 S2000 car

AND PWRC Championship !!!!!

Tom206wrc
11th January 2008, 17:02
Great :bounce: :D

J.Lindstroem
11th January 2008, 18:34
So far we have only seen Sandell in FWD cars, so it will be exciting to see him driving 4WD! Hope only that the car will last longer than it did for Joge in last years Swedish Rally!

Tom206wrc
11th January 2008, 19:26
Normally the gearbox problem should largely have been solved !! :mark:

Micke_VOC
18th January 2008, 15:32
Official Entrylist
http://www.swerally.se/resources/documents/entry_list_08_approved_by_fia.pdf

Tom206wrc
18th January 2008, 15:38
Still no codriver for Daniel Carlsson :mark:

swordsman
18th January 2008, 16:21
Also, I saw that stage maps are now published on the site. In swedish section: Tävlingen/Bansträckning. For some reason the english version doesn't seem to be updated.

EDIT: Sorry, I realised this should be in the other thread. Hard to keep track on what thread you are in :)

J.Lindstroem
18th January 2008, 18:01
It will be interesting to see how many times Khalid will get stuck in a snowbank!... oh, if there is any that is! :)

Magnus
18th January 2008, 19:46
OT J.Lindstroem: as winner of the 2007 Best Signature Championship, commonly known as BSC, I will report your signature. Yes, PG Andersson is Junior World Rally Champion, and you call it amazing. Who else would be? It is nothing but natural.
Be warned!

J.Lindstroem
18th January 2008, 19:47
vilket jävla forumtroll haha

J.Lindstroem
18th January 2008, 19:48
OT J.Lindstroem: as winner of the 2007 Best Signature Championship, commonly known as BSC, I will report your signature. Yes, PG Andersson is Junior World Rally Champion, and you call it amazing. Who else would be? It is nothing but natural.
Be warned!

OK?

Magnus
18th January 2008, 20:46
Great!
:D

Tom206wrc
29th January 2008, 13:56
Does someone know when Daniel Carlsson plans to test the Bozian whale ??? :confused:

That can only be this week, as next one are the reconnaissances of the swedish rally roads... :mark:

Slipzen
29th January 2008, 21:21
Does someone know when Daniel Carlsson plans to test the Bozian whale ??? :confused:

That can only be this week, as next one are the reconnaissances of the swedish rally roads... :mark:

Still no news whether his going to start in the rally or not.

Viktory
30th January 2008, 16:12
According to http://www.sportinformation.se Daniel Carlsson will not enter the Swedish rally.
He will be working towards a more long term deal instead.

Tomi
30th January 2008, 16:33
According to http://www.sportinformation.se Daniel Carlsson will not enter the Swedish rally.

In other words he dont have the money for the car.

Tom206wrc
30th January 2008, 17:42
:mark: :(

MJW
30th January 2008, 21:41
I read something last week that he wasn't sure that spending money on a one off appearance in a 307 WRC was a wise way to spend money, and that he was weighing up the benefit of trying to put a S2000 deal instead - I dont know if that was IRC though.

Micke_VOC
30th January 2008, 21:53
Daniel Carlsson is still on the Swedish Championship entry list, maybe we gonna see him Saturday and Sunday in the national event after the WRC-Event.

I hope so...

Tom206wrc
30th January 2008, 23:23
Daniel Carlsson is still on the Swedish Championship entry list...

That doesn't mean anything you know !! ;)

François Delecour was on Monte-Carlo entrylist long after we knew he hadn't budget to run the rally :mark:

The officials don't remove your name from the list immediatly...

Micke_VOC
30th January 2008, 23:58
That doesn't mean anything you know !! ;)

François Delecour was on Monte-Carlo entrylist long after we knew he hadn't budget to run the rally :mark:

The officials don't remove your name from the list immediatly...

I know that , but the Swedish Championship Entrylist is little different to WRC Entry list, and his entry is uppdated today with a entrant.

Dont mean so much, but you never know..

Tom206wrc
31st January 2008, 08:33
Ok ;)

EDIT: on the swedish championship entrylist Patrik Sandell is still present with "TBA" car :s

Viktory
31st January 2008, 10:19
According to http://www.vf.se/Sport/Bilsport/2008/Januari/Vecka-5/7170.aspx the info about DC not starting found in sportinformation.se was wrong :p
DC will start the rally, one way or another. Doesn't say if he will do only the SM part or the whole rally.

Tom206wrc
31st January 2008, 11:07
And with the Bozian whale or another car ??? :confused:

Tom206wrc
1st February 2008, 13:28
What does Carlsson write today on his website ?? :confused:

http://danielcarlsson.com/index.php?action=news&id=1686

swordsman
1st February 2008, 13:35
What does Carlsson write today on his website ?? :confused:

http://danielcarlsson.com/index.php?action=news&id=1686

Start in Swedish Championship in the 307WRC

Tom206wrc
1st February 2008, 14:39
So not Swedish Rally WRC ??? :confused:

swordsman
1st February 2008, 15:25
Yes, the part of Swedish Rally that is part of the Swedish Championship, but not the full rally.

Tom206wrc
1st February 2008, 15:36
OK thanks Swordsman... ;)

By the way do you know if he's doing full 2008 swedish championship or only this rally with the whale??? :confused:

COD
1st February 2008, 23:15
Yes, the part of Swedish Rally that is part of the Swedish Championship, but not the full rally.

Still the answer remains, does he do only swedish championship stages, or all wrc?

Micke_VOC
2nd February 2008, 00:03
Still the answer remains, does he do only swedish championship stages, or all wrc?

The Swedish Championship includes Saturday and Sunday last three stages and SSS on Friday night in Karlstad.

So not all stages only them....

Tom206wrc
2nd February 2008, 09:38
And will he run all rounds of swedish championship this year or only the WRC part next week ??? :confused:

Slipzen
2nd February 2008, 12:26
And will he run all rounds of swedish championship this year or only the WRC part next week ??? :confused:

The plan is to do all rounds in the Swedish Championship.

Tom206wrc
2nd February 2008, 13:42
OK thanks Slipzen :)

Tom206wrc
3rd February 2008, 08:21
Does someone know what tyres will use Carlsson, BFGoodrich or Pirelli ??? :confused: