PDA

View Full Version : Cloud Formations

17th December 2007, 03:49
What are the best cloud formations you have seen. I've seen a rabbit jumping through a hoop and a really good dragon.

leopard
17th December 2007, 05:44
sleeping angel

jim mcglinchey
17th December 2007, 09:50
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pig-Six-Legs-Other-Clouds/dp/0340952423/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1197884851&sr=1-2

I would suggest this little book for cloud gazers

17th December 2007, 19:18
That looks like a good book Jim. Will see if it's available here.

slinkster
17th December 2007, 20:51
I love doing this... unfortunately most people look at me like I'm crazy when I point out what I can see. :(

I see alot of dragons too... but I think the best ever was a giant seahorse.

airshifter
17th December 2007, 21:15
I love doing this... unfortunately most people look at me like I'm crazy when I point out what I can see. :(

I think a problem with this is how a person looks at the object, as it's said it's involving a left vs right brain thing. But regardless, once you have to use some imagination, even that gets more complex!

leopard
18th December 2007, 05:18
I have the good clouds that I like much as Karunesh from Buddha bar collection especially first song in the album Secrets of Life, and Heart Chakra Meditation. Hmm...

Magnus
18th December 2007, 06:58

Well, looking at your profile it appears you should be the artistic one, so I guess you are more inclined to spot interesting formations in the sky :)

I once saw a cloud which resembled a 747 so much it was unbelievable. Due to strange metereological phenomenons it later blew down on a nearby runway...

leopard
18th December 2007, 07:06
Not much persons have chance watching the truth of the upside down 7 on the cloud 477. Miracle! :)

slinkster
18th December 2007, 18:20
Well, looking at your profile it appears you should be the artistic one, so I guess you are more inclined to spot interesting formations in the sky :)

:) well you're right... I suppose it keeps my imagination occupied at times, and apparantly alot of the old masters used to observe clouds to train their eyes in aspects of colour and form.

jso1985
18th December 2007, 23:11
I think a problem with this is how a person looks at the object, as it's said it's involving a left vs right brain thing. But regardless, once you have to use some imagination, even that gets more complex!

I can't see any bloody rabbit on the pic :s

19th December 2007, 10:18
I couldn't look at it for long. Duck/rabbit, duck/rabbit, duck/rabbit. Poor brain couldn't cope.

Daniel
19th December 2007, 11:04
Look to the right of the eye and it should/may appear :)

airshifter
19th December 2007, 20:55

Tilt your head to the left as you view it. The ducks beak is the rabbits ears.

I have a number of those type things, and have read information about how it relates to brain use and the left vs right brain functions. Fairly amazing stuff really.

There is one that uses motion I'll have to try to find. As compared to what I posted above, many people never see the two differences at all.

mullenswrc
19th December 2007, 22:07
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pig-Six-Legs-Other-Clouds/dp/0340952423/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1197884851&sr=1-2

I would suggest this little book for cloud gazers

'A pig with saggy tits' is a more fitting title for thet book.