PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Predictions

ShiftingGears
14th December 2007, 11:20
See title

Mine:

Ferrari will win both titles, Raikkonen champion.
Alonso and Hamilton will win races.
Honda will improve, and its livery won't be more ugly than their current.
Toyota will be mediocre.
Webber's car will break.
And going out on a limb here...
BMW will win at least one race.

Valve Bounce
14th December 2007, 11:46
..................and Williams? How will Rosberg go? and Jr? These two will be the brain teasers.

TMorel
14th December 2007, 13:29
I predict...
* There will be controversy at some point in the season
* Some drivers will do better than expected
* A team will cry foul
* The FIA will be accused of something
* Some teams won't perform to the level their fans hoped
* Another team will benefit from dubious decisions by the organisers
* The forums here will be busy

Anyone else agree with me?

Easy Drifter
14th December 2007, 16:59
Honda will be accused of using purlioned Super Aguri data.

Big Ben
14th December 2007, 20:35
See title

Mine:

Toyota will be mediocre.
Webber's car will break.

4 teams winning races? that would be something.

DazzlaF1
14th December 2007, 21:24
Ill go for...

* Raikkonen to win title and McLaren to win Constructors championship, Ferrari will take McLaren to court to try and prove they were using Ferrari data
* Kovalainen, BMW and Rosberg to win their first races
* Williams will surprise everyone and put Toyota to shame again
* Anthony Davidson will outscore Sato (if he gets the drive)
* Honda to disappoint again and sack another designer

winer
15th December 2007, 02:02
I predict...
* There will be controversy at some point in the season
* Some drivers will do better than expected
* A team will cry foul
* The FIA will be accused of something
* Some teams won't perform to the level their fans hoped
* Another team will benefit from dubious decisions by the organisers
* The forums here will be busy

Anyone else agree with me?

Too easy! You're saying 2008 will be a repeat of 2007!

Chamoo
15th December 2007, 02:11
Too easy! You're saying 2008 will be a repeat of 2007!

and 2006, and 2005, and 2004, and 2003...

gloomyDAY
15th December 2007, 03:24
Ferrari is going to take the WDC.
McLaren and Renault will duke out the WCC, and Renault will win.
BMW will not acquire a single win.
Rosberg is going to blitz everyone at the 'Ring.
Honda and Toyota are going to act out the same old play.
Klien is going to wipe the floor with Sutil.

Oh yeah, STR will get a podium! Mark will punch a wall and DC will cry.

truefan72
15th December 2007, 06:52
Nelson Piquet JR will prove himslef competitive to Alonso thus prompting another Alonso sulk fest for the year. NPJr unlike LH will not take it very well and will make it publicly known that after sitting for 2 years, he isn't going to play second fiddle to anyone, especially if he can deliver.expect him to move at the end of the year or before.

Sebastina Bourdais will sprprise a whole bunch of people in F1. He will score points in the 2of the first 4 races. Vettel will be nipping at his heals though. In fact the STRguys will outperform the RBR guys

Webber, will continue to have "mechanical DNF's" Coulthard will do nothing and be replaced by Turkey. He will of course continue to make comments about any and all drivers who pass him on the track.

Barichello won't make it through the year. Honda will be much improved, but RB will still be toiling around 16-20

Rosberg and Kubica will both podium and the former might win a race.
Heidfeld will be outperformed by Kubica, but oddly enough will get the first BMW Sauber win.

Toyota, will drive competitively ala 2004-2006,but won;t really have anything to show for it. The Trulli train makes a comeback

Spyker will still be at the bottom butmuch coloser in times and performance than last year.

Prodrive will... LOL...do nothing

It should be a very competitive yearwith at leat 4 top drivers now spread amongst 3 teams and 3 absolute rising stars itching to make an impact.

Hawkmoon
15th December 2007, 07:48
Not much will change from 2007.

Ferrari will do the championship double with Raikkonen getting title number 2.

McLaren will fall behind BMW and neither Hamilton nor Kovalainen will win a race. Hamilton will throw his toys out of the pram on at least one occaision after being beaten by Kovalainen.

Alonso and Renault will struggle and Alonso will look to leave at the end of the season. He will ultimately take up a big bucks offer from Toyota and replace Trulli who will probably be out of F1.

Williams will punch above their weight.

Toyota, Honda and Red Bull will do the opposite.

Super Aguri will fold before seasons end and Force India will do absolutely nothing.

STR will move forward a bit but Bourdais will struggle leading to tension between he and Berger. The Frenchman will head back to ChampCar at seasons end.

F1boat
15th December 2007, 11:30
Ferrari will win both championship, but have few reliability issues. Still, easy victory for Kimi.
Renault will improve. Their car will be designed around Alonso and he will fight with Massa for 2nd in the championship.
McLaren will struggle. Lewis will beat Kovalainen, but only just.
BMW will improve. I expect an odd win somewhere.
STR will improve and score a podium.
Others will be mediocre.

Stuartf12007
15th December 2007, 16:06
Ferrari and Mclaren to fight for both titles again.

BMW And RedBull Will fight it out for Third position

Toyota, Renault And Williams to fight it our for the best of the rest.

Honda to be solid but still lack speed.

STR and Force India to maybe pick up a few points.

Aguri to be way at the back and a target for a new owner.

FIA
15th December 2007, 16:38
Kimi Raikkonen wins the title closely followed by Felipe Massa who still has bad luck. Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso will fight it for third place costing each other the title and have a scap, although Nelsinho Piquet will beat Fernando on occasions and will not play second fiddle. Heikki Kovalainen will be great team mate to Lewis and will play second fiddle when needed. Robert Kubica wins his first race at Magny-Cours or Monza and preforms Nick Heidfeld who should get his first win, but won't. Nico Rosberg collects a few podiums, as does Sebastian Vettel who thrashes the Red Bulls and Sebastien Bourdais, who still cllects points. Kazuki Nakajima impresses a few, but causes a few accident and may end up getting replaced by Nico Hulkenburg. David Coulthard and Mark Webber are competitive and have a strong season, Mark still has his misfortunes. Jarno Trulli has an average season with Timo Glock, the Toyota's not going forward, just standing still. Jenson Button collects a podium and a scores in a lot of races, Rubens Barrichello breaks Ricardo Patreses record and then gets replaced by Christian Klien. Takuma Sato and Anthony Davidson score the odd point, but money preoblems hits the team big time. Adrian Sutil preforms brilliant in a wet race and is signed up by Honda for 2009, the second driver whoever it is also scores some decent points, whether it is Christian Klien, Vitantonio Liuzzi, Giancarlo Fisichella or Ralf Schumacher.

At the end of the season Kimi goes to WRC for a new challenge and is replaced by Fenando Alonso. Romain Grosjean who wins the GP2 season joins Renault for 2009, Piquet Jr stays on. Nico Hulkenburg joins Williams for 2009, as Nico Rosberg stays on. David Coulthard and Rubens Barrichello both retire, Coulthard is replaced by Robert Doornbos. Super Aguri fold and end up like Arrows, they may not even finish the season. By the end of 2008, knowone even remembers Prodrive or Dave Richards. The Singapore GP attracts millions of viewers, thus nearly all Asian races will from now on be done at night.

SGWilko
15th December 2007, 20:32
Nelson Piquet JR will prove himslef competitive to Alonso thus prompting another Alonso sulk fest for the year. NPJr unlike LH will not take it very well and will make it publicly known that after sitting for 2 years, he isn't going to play second fiddle to anyone, especially if he can deliver.expect him to move at the end of the year or before. Daddy will do all the talking to the press, bad mouthing Alonso's wife/GF/BF* (*delete as appropriate)

Webber, will continue to have "mechanical DNF's" Coulthard will do nothing and be replaced by Turkey. Jeez, can you imagine Bernard Matthews in an F1 car? Bootiful! :p :

Barichello won't make it through the year. Honda will be much improved, but RB will still be toiling around 16-20 All the rest having finished at 15-40!!! :laugh:

Placid
16th December 2007, 01:05
My bold predictions as follows:

1- Ferrari increases their Stallion Power.
2- "Heidi" and "Rubik's Kube" in a breakthrough season.
3- Lewey is still King with wins. HK becomes the Dennis bridesmaid with podiums.
4- Nico scoring some podiums for Sir Frank while Kaz learns the ropes and scores.
5- Al and "Half-Nelson" can only score.
6- "The Seabass Brothers" will look for Varsity status.
7- Chassis problems on JB and "Ruby".
8- Possible mechanical problems with "Webs" and DC.
9- Sidekick status with Super 'Zuki.
10- Timo and Jarno making smokescreen.
11- No "Obi-Won" miracles for "The Force".

Ferrari over BMW: 182 - 176 as my final score clinching WCC in Shanghai.

Raikkonen over Hamilton after Fuji race.

Jadhu
17th December 2007, 09:13
My predictions:

*Ferrari to claim the WCC and WDC
*Mclaren winning races with both Lewis and Heikki
*Bmw might win it first gp
*Williams will secure fourth place with Rosberg's good pace
*Renault is stuck on fifth place.. No podiums for neither of the drivers
*Toro Rosso to do better than Red Bull
*Honda will be raising from last years suffer
*3 bottom teams, Force India, Super Aguri and Toyota.

leopard
17th December 2007, 10:37
2008 would be obviously the season Ferrari and McLaren to fight the title, but the fact that Renault gives them some trouble would make people really shocked.
Without an amazing improvement I don't see BMW have better commitment than this season. As the result, this may not insure success of the Renault but it will represent a quantum leap from this season, seems to leap at various points, outpacing BMW and any of Ferrari - Mclaren (drivers).

AndyRAC
17th December 2007, 10:53
Similar to 2007, with less dirty linen washed in public. Renault getting back on the pace from halfway through the season. Bernie moaning about Silverstone.

ShiftingGears
17th December 2007, 10:59

I'm an optimist ;)

But actually, it's mainly because I haven't been around long enough to see Alonso not win a race during a season. And because I think BMW have improved immensely.

Ranger
17th December 2007, 11:15

It happened in 2004, which was a pretty lop-sided season.

My Predictions:
- Two teams fighting for the title until the 3rd last race.
- Some major blow-up/controversy.

Yeah, that's about it.

Big Ben
17th December 2007, 20:32
I can't make predictions but I know what some people will say if McLaren wins something....

Actually I do have a prediction. A member of this forum will call the rest of members who don't share his sympathies liars and hypocrites at least a hundred times.

And some of my posts will get deleted.

markabilly
17th December 2007, 21:50
For 2008, Mac will get caught cheating and/or lying again.......

opps. looks like they already have, so make that a double for 2008

Rollo
17th December 2007, 22:20
I think that there will only really be two drivers with a tilt at the title - Raikkonen and Hamilton. A lot of this will be determined by the what the FIA deems as acceptable for the McLaren.

The three best drivers out there are Raikkonen, Hamilton and Alonso. 2008 will be a "gap" year for Alonso whilst Renault get their act together again. So then: 2008 - Raikkonen or Hamilton. 2009 will be a corker of a fight though.

Roamy
17th December 2007, 23:27
well considering that everyone will be going back to a basic "0" baseline, probably guys that can set up their car will show well. I think the fastest drivers will be
rak
alonso
rosberg
hamiltion
out of these four who can drive without aids.
don't forget that renault still has TAD who will probably be first with the tricks.
But a team such at honda or red bull could show.
Should be a great year coming up

ioan
17th December 2007, 23:29
I can't make predictions but I know what some people will say if McLaren wins something....

Good start!

Actually I do have a prediction. A member of this forum will call the rest of members who don't share his sympathies liars and hypocrites at least a hundred times.

Only one member will do that? :D

And some of my posts will get deleted.

Spot on! ;)

Hondo
19th December 2007, 06:44
The Stepney prosecution will fade away as Ferrari declines to pursue the issue further. If Stepney really knows "where the bodies are buried" then it's a good bet that Brawn knows who was holding the shovel. Now that Brawn is no longer with the firm, the last thing Ferrari wants to see is Brawn in court under subpoena.

Nelson Sr. will be banned from the Renault paddock for being too vocal and disruptive about Nelson Jr.'s role as Alonso's lapdog.

Heidfeld got his contract renewed when it became evident that Kubica wasn't going to be up to besting him last year. If Kubica doesn't get the best of Heidfeld in 2008 he will become available as Dr. Mario pegs him as another Fisi in the making and decides to move on.

Coulthard and Webber will take turns breaking cars and crashing into things. Unless big money is behind him, this will be Coulthards last year. Too much young talent around.

Having Ross Brawn at Honda will be good for .2 seconds a lap on pure inspiration alone. Now that they have a guy that knows what he is doing, look for Honda to make improvements faster than previous seasons. Brawn knows what buttons to push to get the best from Rubens.

Kimi will outshine Massa at Ferrari again. While Massa can maintain a good starting position, Kimi can race for a good finishing position. Kimi's crew will have boundless confidence in their driver that will pay dividends on the track.

Max will still not grasp the fact that Formula 1 racing is about the invention, design and application of exotic technologies and isn't supposed to relate to production street cars as it's primary goal. It relates to entertainment Max.

Ron, Paul, Dave, Tony and Damon will be quietly exploring the possibilities of a breakaway series away from FIA control that runs on shunned American and European tracks.

Slowly but surely addidtional light will be shed on what really prompted the McLaren "apology". The only people falling for it are the fans. The insiders know better and also know to keep their dissention to themselves from now on. The FIA has finally slapped down the only dog in the pen bad enough to bark at them.

samuratt
21st December 2007, 10:48
kimi will win the title by far, not even Massa will trouble him.

Ferrari will win the WCC by far too.

McLaren will struggle and Hamilton will whine enough to overcome Fernando as the official F1 Whinner.

Renault will win a race at least and improve from last year. Fernando will win at Monaco (and Hamilton will claim that he didn't won becasue he wasn't allowed to race)

Honda will improve.

I suspect it is going to be a very boring seasson because no one will challenge Ferrari.

We will have a wet race at least that will make 2008 seasson worth watching.

Cozzie
22nd December 2007, 22:24
My Prediction:
Unfortunately Ferrari will dominate with Massa narrowly taking the title from his teammate.

McLaren will struggle and both drivers will outperform an average car. Lewis will score a couple of race wins at best.

BMW may begin to win races with both drivers racing McLaren and Renault for third a lot of the time.

Renault will improve and score the odd podium, Alonso won't win a race and Nelson will be quick after a sluggish start. Alonso will have another big publicized whining session.

Williams will improve dramatically and Rosberg will be on the podium at times. Nakajima, however, will let the team down and rarely score a point.

Red Bull will finish races but near the back of the pack, both drivers probably won't keep their seat for 2009.

Honda (or more to the point Jenson) are going to improve a heap but as with the case at Williams their number two will be horribly off the pace.

Toyota will continue to struggle despite Glock's rare flashes of brilliance.

Toro Rosso are going to be the big gainers but more thanks to the drivers than the car. Both Sebastians will be regularly in the points and outscore Webber and DC.

Super Aguri will be at the back of the pack and will not score a point.

Force India will make substantial gains thanks to the rising Adrian Sutil.

2008 DRIVERS CHAMPIONSHIP:
Massa
Raikkonen
Hamilton
Heidfeld
Kovalainen
Alonso
Kubica
Piquet Jr
Rosberg
Button
Bordais
The rest...

2008 CONSTRUCTORS CHAMPIONSHIP:
Ferrari
McLaren
BMW
Renault
Williams
Honda
Toro Rosso
Red Bull
Toyota
Force India
Super Aguri

harvick#1
23rd December 2007, 01:33
Ferrari wins WCC and WDC with Kimi

Mclaren will struggle as they no longer have Alonso to make the car faster and better

BMW will be oh so close again, but not enough

Renault will be right back where they left off in 06 but not enough to beat Ferrari.

Honda, can it really be that bad again

Red Bull, will get outbeat by STR

STR, will do very well and will get podiums, and maybe, just maybe get a win

Tazio
23rd December 2007, 02:19
In the immortal words of "Clubber Lane" (Mr. T) in Rocky 3
"My prediction?......Pain!!"

jens
10th January 2008, 11:56
Sooo... back in business.

The strange thing with predictions is here that not long time ago some people tried to say that BMW is too far from the top teams to start challenging them and now some predict Renault to create headaches to top teams, although they are even further behind the top than BMW. :s

Some thoughts from me before winter tests.

A parallel: A year ago Ferrari was expected to win the title in dominant style too. Now the same is predicted. However, there have been a lot of changes in Ferrari since late 2006 and I would be surprised if that won't have a negative impact sooner or later - even if not this year, then next year. I think that to some person's surprise Ferrari's advantage will be smaller than expected, maybe there even isn't any advantage.

McLaren is a huge questionmark. From the plus side, the spy-case has ended and McLaren's carbwon't be inspected more and they won't get more sanctions, so they may have a proper preparation for the '08 season, although it's still unclear, how would the 100M $ fine affect them, but maybe it hasn't hindered the development process yet. Another question is, how has the spygate affected them and did it hinder their preparations for '08 at some stages, but on the other hand there doesn't seem to be major changes in the team, arguably even Coughlan is still working at McLaren. Alonso's departure was probably the biggest change, but has it changed anything fundamentally in the team? So all in all there are some doubts about McLaren's performances, but they can't be written off either. I have also heard from somewhere that arguably McLaren has two aerodynamics teams, who deal with different cars (one with current's and other with next year's) and that's partly the reason, why they have dropped in odd years. Don't know, how much truth there is.

In BMW-Sauber's case I'm looking forward to see Asmer as their test driver. :D And the rise of performance. Don't have motivation to give a longer comment on them again as I once already did it.

About Renault - Well, if they rise, then I think Alonso's role will be greatly overrated. :s He has just joined the team and he physically can't have much influence on the new car as it was mostly designed by the time he rejoined Renault. If Renault gets better, then it has to be down to two main reasons: second season with B's and maybe also the fact that Renault company has put greater investment into the F1 team may help them (arguably in '07 Renault slightly lacked of cash).

All in all, the new champions come from the group of Ferrari, McLaren or BMW-Sauber. Ferrari might look as the main favourite and maybe they even are, but it obviously can't be said so clearly that they'll win the titles and I won't be surprised if the title is decided between McLaren and BMW.

No reason to mention others - they should be happy to get an odd podium.

* Williams will surprise everyone and put Toyota to shame again

You call that a surprise? :p :

gloomyDAY
11th January 2008, 05:35
Damn! One of my predictions is already wrong.

Klien didn't get the seat at Force India and can't compete against Sutil with the same equipmetn. Only time will tell if any of my other predictions come true.

ioan
11th January 2008, 10:04
The strange thing with predictions is here that not long time ago some people tried to say that BMW is too far from the top teams to start challenging them and now some predict Renault to create headaches to top teams, although they are even further behind the top than BMW. :s

That's because most of the people around here know very little about F1, they just support a driver for very subjective reasons, and their predictions are more of a wishful thinking than the fruit of a cognitive process.

SGWilko
11th January 2008, 10:10
That's because most of the people around here know very little about F1, they just support a driver for very subjective reasons, and their predictions are more of a wishful thinking than the fruit of a cognitive process.

Perhaps some poeple just enjoy F1, and have the right to post about it. :rolleyes:

Oh dear, we are all very sorry. I was not aware this was an elitest forum, for the gifted few..... ;)

IMHO, there are WAY too many anal retentives and charisma bypass canditates on here sometimes. :p : And just for the record, that is merely an observation, not a dig at any individuals.

janneppi
11th January 2008, 10:12
Well, Renault has the ability to improve, lot depends if they have sorted out their last years wind tunnel problem and how much Alonso can whip the team into shape.
BMW can rise to compete for podiums if they manage to improve further, they have the resouces for it.

SGWilko
11th January 2008, 10:20
Well, Renault has the ability to improve, lot depends if they have sorted out their last years wind tunnel problem and how much Alonso can whip the team into shape.
BMW can rise to compete for podiums if they manage to improve further, they have the resouces for it.

The point about the Renault simulator and and BMW has just made me think of something.

Having read JYS' bio, he said that Stewart GP made the dicision to do away with traditional drawing offices, and conduct ALL design work on computer.

Now, with BMW, I think they are the ONLY current F1 team with TWO supercomputers (CMIIAW) and given that CFD aided with a correctly calibrated state of the art (full size?) windtunnel (didn't Sauber build one of the most advanced tunnels not long ago?), there is every reason to suggest that they have the potential to make the biggest gains this year.

Given the need to emphasise mechanical traction, the integration of higher cockpit sides etc.....

If they integrate the SECU from MES successfully they could be up there with the best this year....... (and they were no slouches last year). I still don't think much of Dr. MT though.......

markabilly
11th January 2008, 14:14
Oh dear, we are all very sorry. I was not aware this was an elitest forum, for the gifted few..... ;)

IMHO, there are WAY too many anal retentives and charisma bypass canditates on here sometimes. :p : .

i thought that was a very nice summary of all folks actually doing F1, so the fans should reflect who they follow :D

gloomyDAY
11th January 2008, 15:03
Can I borrow your crystal ball?

ioan
11th January 2008, 15:51
Can I borrow your crystal ball?

Don't have one, that's why I rarely make predictions! :p :

gloomyDAY
13th January 2008, 23:11
My favorite prediction of all time. (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56282)

LOL!

ioan
13th January 2008, 23:53
My favorite prediction of all time. (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56282)

LOL!

:rotflmao:

pino
14th January 2008, 07:04

LOL!

Honda a title contender ? :eek: then I expect Trulli to win the driver Championship :p :

SGWilko
14th January 2008, 13:55
<checks watch> nope, it's not April 1st.......

Oh well. :laugh:

woody2goody
14th January 2008, 14:03
My predictions for what should be a great 2008 season:

Kimi will win the drivers' championship by the second last race followed by Hamilton who has a strong season but never really troubles the Finn.

Massa and Kovy will battle for 3rd and 4th with Heidfeld who wins a race or two, and a solid Kubica.

Piquet will be faster than Fernando expected and will be fairly close to him in the points at the end of the season. This may provoke sulking!

Red Bull, Williams, Toyota, Honda and maybe STR will fight it out all season long in the midfield, although Coulthard, Rosberg and Button will finish on the podium at some point.

DC will beat Webber causing Webber to be replaced at the end of the season probably by Vettel or Bourdais.

Jenson will have the upper hand over Rubens again who will improve and score consistently.

At Williams Nakajima will struggle relative to Rosberg but will do enough to get the drive again in '09. Rosberg could be an outside bet for a surprise victory.

Bourdais will get the better of Vettel but it will be close. Both will score about 5-10 points each.

Trulli will perform well alongside Glock who will impress everyone.

Super Aguri will struggle but both drivers will score points.

Force India will do OK. Fisi will beat Sutil score a few points as he is excellent without TC. Sutil will score as well but will no doubt find himself in the scenery a few times.

Ferrari will take the Constructor's championship (fairly this time) at the last round.

Singapore will be brilliant.

samuratt
15th January 2008, 10:36
Valencia should be brilliant too!!!! :)

Spoonbender
15th January 2008, 15:30
Max Mosley will be forced to resign after the Sunday papers dig up some dirt about him.
Bernie will get a pair of those springy stilts to make himself look taller, and no-one will say anything.
James Allen will explode, not with excitement, sandwich/cake consumption.
Ferrari will paint their car red and be sponsored by a tobbacco company.
Jenson Button will go for some kind of clever styling with his beard sparking a whole new kind of fashion.
Honda will come back to the position that they used to enjoy before they went crap.
Ralph will appear on "I'm a celebrity get me out of here"
Heidfeld, Button, Bernie and Louise Goodman will form an ABBA tribute act to perform at the aftershow parties.
I also agree that BMW will win a race.
Kubica will become the first Pole on Pole.
Silverstone will be a very wet race.
Monsoon tyres will be re-introduced due to adverse wheather conditions.

Nearly forgot, at least one team will blame it's poor performance on an incorrectly calobrated wind-tunnel.

keysersoze
16th January 2008, 00:44
Ferrari in a rout--Kimi a 2X WDC

Massa second, FA a close third.

BMW outpoints McLaren for second.

Renault finishes 4th behind McLaren because Junior is .5/lap down on his teammate.

Toro Rosso, along with Renault, are the surprise teams, and Cinderella STR (7th) beats RBR (9th).

With Brawn and a rejuvenated Jenson (and a still quick Rubens), Honda improves to 5th.

Customer Williams (6th) outpoints Toyota, which continues to decimate the careers of it drivers, and finishes 8th. Nakajima proves he's no Satoru and ends up with a 2-3 points paying finishes, while Rosberg continues to prove he deserves to be in a top 3 team.

Force India's superior driving lineup is cause for concern at Super Aguri, who now find themselves occasionally on Row 11.

New winners in '08: a driver from BMW
Monaco winner: Alonso

Roamy
17th January 2008, 07:55
WOW what a thread = pass the "Bong" over here so I can hallucinate with you!! The fight is Rak and Alonso = Alonso prevails thanks to TAD. Red Bull pounds BMW down to 5 or 6th depending on Button. Mario T marries Elton John and RD retires = what is so hard about this????

SGWilko
17th January 2008, 07:59
WOW what a thread = pass the "Bong" over here so I can hallucinate with you!! The fight is Rak and Alonso = Alonso prevails thanks to TAD. Red Bull pounds BMW down to 5 or 6th depending on Button. Mario T marries Elton John and RD retires = what is so hard about this????

....And David Furnish will clout Mario T round the head with his handbag, whilst jumping up and down and shouting "ooohhhh, you bitch" :laugh:

RD probably will retire, or will he find himself out on his ear?

Roamy
19th January 2008, 15:29
great one Wilko !!!!!! I don't have icons anymore or I would do a lmaorotf

gloomyDAY
3rd April 2008, 02:46
Max Mosley will be forced to resign after the Sunday papers dig up some dirt about him.
Holy crap! How did you know that?

Thanks for making some predictions come true Max.

2 races into the season. How are YOUR predictions doing so far?

ShiftingGears
3rd April 2008, 07:05
See title

Mine:

Toyota will be mediocre.
Webber's car will break.

1. Ferrari - my prediction is looking strong at the moment.
2. Already 50% right! Alonso will need a wet race for a chance to win.
3. Correct on both counts!
4. Let's see how this season pans out ;)
5. Broke in qualifying already...does that count?
6. Make that at most one race.

Tazio
3rd April 2008, 11:07
1. Ferrari - my prediction is looking strong at the moment.
2. Already 50% right! Alonso will need a wet race for a chance to win.
3. Correct on both counts!
4. Let's see how this season pans out ;)
5. Broke in qualifying already...does that count?
6. Make that at most one race.
You also said on a thread right after Malaysia "I'm going out on a limb and predicting Mclaren will win the WCC"
Are you going to go back and forth on that limb like some kind of squirrel. :D

ShiftingGears
3rd April 2008, 11:39
You also said on a thread right after Malaysia "I'm going out on a limb and predicting Mclaren will win the WCC"
Are you going to go back and forth on that limb like some kind of squirrel. :D

LOL!
And I reserve the right to swing that limb around whenever I damn please! :p :

Garry Walker
3rd April 2008, 11:47

Is that you, Rupert?

Tazio
3rd April 2008, 15:47
In the immortal words of "Clubber Lane" (Mr. T) in Rocky 3
"My prediction?......Pain!!"
My prediction is looking UM....AH.....Well....Retarded
at an acceptable level
:beer:

Knock-on
3rd April 2008, 16:25
Is that you, Rupert?

:laugh:

If Ruperts story holds water, Max might be advised to follow the example of another Media Mogul and namesake :laugh:

ioan
6th April 2008, 16:08
So, how Renault doing are they better???
And how is BMW doing? Are they worse as last season?! ;)

Garry Walker
6th April 2008, 16:38
So, how Renault doing are they better???

It seems mr.6 tenths`contribution has been useless to Renault.

ioan
6th April 2008, 16:44

And to Lewy too! I bet he would have been very happy if Fernando was .6 seconds faster at that moment. :rotflmao:

jens
7th April 2008, 19:40

Indeed it looks like the myth that whatever Alonso touches, turns into gold, is gradually starting to fall apart. There are almost 1000 employees in (top) F1 teams and for success a lot more than just one Alonso is needed. Renault is a major disappointment of the season as they are even worse than last year!

Funnily enough, I still remember how in 2007 after Melbourne and Monaco races Fisichella was criticized and it was said that Alonso would have won those races in the same car. Those were exceptionally good drives that no-one acknowledged. If it wasn't done then, it should be done now!