PDA

View Full Version : DVD Burning help!!!

306 Cosworth
13th December 2007, 10:04
Right i've tried this on another forum but no one can be bothered to respond and i'm really hoping someone can help me on here
This was my original post on other forum

Right i'm having some pain in the a**e prlems when burning DVDs. Basically the DVDs i'm using to Burn on are Dual layer DVDs (8.5GB) and my DVD-RW doesn't support them. So i've bought a new seperate DVD-RW that does support them, and i've burnt a DVD today and it didn't work, the DVD won't play at all on PS2 or DVD players but plays fine on the PC, the DVD isn't burning as a Data DVD either as i'm using Nero Vision DVD Burner which I created the menus from as well.
Anyone know what i'm doing wrong (if anything)

Ok so I managed to get something to work eventually, and the disc started playing, now I have another problem with the Dual Layer discs

Right i've managed to get something to work, but have got more problems. Basically whilst watching the DVD, halfway through the Quinton Stages it stops. So I go bck to the main menu and then on the menu I select the Neath Valley Stages (held after quinton rally), DVD player makes loads of strange noises and then does nothing. So basically it seems as if the Dual Layer disc has been only burnt on 1 layer and not the second layer as well, so anyone got any suggestions?

Can anyone help me at all? I really need to make these DVDs as they're the ones i'm selling and ive already got 5 orders and I really don't want to have to cancel the DVD. And I HAVE to use Dual Layer discs as i have so much footage!

Dave B
13th December 2007, 12:17
I'll watch with interest as I've just ordered some DLs and hope not to have the same problems :s

Sorry that's not very constructive :p

Mark
13th December 2007, 12:38
Sorry to make a possibly obvious suggestion, but why not use 2x single layer discs? It would seem to elimiate all of your problems?

F1nostalgic
13th December 2007, 14:25
I had this trouble once. It turned out to be the brand of recordable DVDs I used. It's a while since I used dual layer disks. ;)

Daniel
13th December 2007, 15:28
Does your software support DL DVD's? :)

306 Cosworth
13th December 2007, 16:43
Sorry to make a possibly obvious suggestion, but why not use 2x single layer discs? It would seem to elimiate all of your problems?

Mark I'm not completely stupid :p : I would use that but the thing is i need to use the DL discs for my 2007 Rally season DVD. The first disc (DL) will have all the rally footage on, and the 2nd disc I have will be of some in-car footage i've acquired from 2 WRC Cars!

I don't know if it's the Software Daniel, but it's deffo not the burner as i've just had to buy a new one to support DL discs. The software i'm using is Nero vision 4 and it even gives you the option which disc are you using (DVD 8MM, DVD, DVD-9)

Daniel
13th December 2007, 17:04
Mark I'm not completely stupid :p : I would use that but the thing is i need to use the DL discs for my 2007 Rally season DVD. The first disc (DL) will have all the rally footage on, and the 2nd disc I have will be of some in-car footage i've acquired from 2 WRC Cars!

I don't know if it's the Software Daniel, but it's deffo not the burner as i've just had to buy a new one to support DL discs. The software i'm using is Nero vision 4 and it even gives you the option which disc are you using (DVD 8MM, DVD, DVD-9)

I'd almost put money on the software not supporting dual layer discs then :)

306 Cosworth
13th December 2007, 17:29
I'd almost put money on the software not supporting dual layer discs then :)

But if the software gives me the option to choose the Discs i'm using then why won't it work?
Anyother software the supports Dual Layer discs, and where I can make A Decent DVD menu too?

Daniel
13th December 2007, 17:34
yes but dual layer discs are not the same as normal dvd's

306 Cosworth
13th December 2007, 17:38
Yes I know that, but one Question, is DVD-9 the same as Dual Layer or is DVD-9 like dual layer but just 1 layer which can contain 8.5gb?

306 Cosworth
14th December 2007, 16:47
would the latest version of Nero be ok with Dual Layers, as I can download it via torrent

Daniel
14th December 2007, 16:55
make sure that's the problem first though

306 Cosworth
14th December 2007, 17:02
It has to be the only problem, I can't think what else it can be. My DVD Burner supports Dual Layers Disc [DVD-R(W) & DVD+R(W)] the discs are DVD-R, and the software gives you the option to choose which type of DVD you use, so what else can it be? :(

Daniel
14th December 2007, 17:03
Could be a corrupt file or a bios problem, drivers and so on.

306 Cosworth
14th December 2007, 17:05
Real pain in the ar*e this is. Thanks for all your help though Daniel :up: