PDA

View Full Version : Renault drivers for 2008, Alonso and Piquet

janneppi
11th December 2007, 17:19
buu, bad Flavio!
Hope they fail meserably. :p :

F1boat
11th December 2007, 17:29
I hope best luck for Alonso and hope for duel between him and Kimi next year.

Storm
11th December 2007, 17:54
Pretty much expected.....hopefully they provide a better car next year
Would be great to see a 3 team/driver fight for the title.

petrolhead ben
11th December 2007, 18:10
I'm not surprised that Alonso is back at renault at all. What I am rather shocked about is that both fisi and heikki have been dropped. Especially kovalianen who I thought has done well as the season progressed with not a brilliant car.

I know very little about nelson Piquet Jr. I know he has been a renault test driver this year runner up in the GP2 title in 2006. I hope for Alonso's and renault's sake that he isn't as good as lewis, because that could give flavio a few problems within the team as regards to managing alonso. Is it now a matter of time before kovalianen becomes a mclaren driver?

RS
11th December 2007, 18:26
The only reason I can see why they dropped Kovalainen was because they thought he might be too much of a threat to Alonso.

According to various reports, Fernando was looking for a drive where he was the clear no.1, because apparantly he can't win a title otherwise.

It would be most ammusing if Piquet 'did a Hamilton' but I don't think Briatore would let it happen.

ioan
11th December 2007, 19:32
This was clear for a few months already, and now it's official, no surprise there.

Cozzie
11th December 2007, 21:02
Alonso will have his work cut out catching the top two but it will spice things up in 2008. Piquet is highly regarded so he should be pretty competitive also.

Valve Bounce
11th December 2007, 22:09
Alonso will have his work cut out catching the top two but it will spice things up in 2008. Piquet is highly regarded so he should be pretty competitive also.

Let's face it: Alonso is one of the top two, so it would be silly for him to run around chasing himself. :D

More to the point is how competitive the Renault will be next year against the Ferraris and McLarens. It would not surprise me one bit to see heiki in the McLaren, but I don't know how competitive he will be. Time will tell.

Kevincal
11th December 2007, 22:50
buu, bad Flavio!
Hope they fail meserably. :p :

Why the hell would you say that!? Seems rather unprofessional for a moderator...

Maybe you were half joking, but I get the feeling you really mean it. ;)

Valve Bounce
11th December 2007, 23:25
Why the hell would you say that!? Seems rather unprofessional for a moderator...

Possibly because they have sacked Heiki, a Finn?? Besides he did use a smiley.

I am on the side of the moderators here because they do a bloody good job; and for anyone to suggest they cannot post in the same manner as anyone else (as long as it is within forum rules) is astonishing to me.

Valve Bounce
12th December 2007, 00:34
This is what we have all been thinking all along: that Renault didn't want to have Heiki in the team to challenge Fernando like Lewis Hamilton did last year: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64352

Let's hope that Heiki gets the ride at McLaren next year.

wedge
12th December 2007, 00:54
So Flav/Alonso rate Heikki better than Piquet Jr....

markabilly
12th December 2007, 01:41
Wow FA to Renault, right after near-judgment day, what a surprize!! No one saw that one coming did they?

LH has already been designated number one, oppss I mean "team leader" to max (no pun intended) his chances at the evasive WDC that he choked on...I mean....... almost won last year....

so I think that HK will not be at mac...too bad..looks like we will just have Pedro as a distant number two lap dog...I mean equal teamate........

millencolin
12th December 2007, 02:35
so I think that HK will not be at mac...too bad..looks like we will just have Pedro as a distant number two lap dog...I mean equal teamate........

well where else is there for him to go? its Mclaren or Farce India... Ron isn't a team boss that puts his eggs in one basket... he always has two very good drivers... Mika and Dc, dc and Kimi, Kimi and JPM, alonso and Hamilton... somehow i dont think Hamilton and De La Rosa is the way Ron will go when he has a chance of having 2007's rookie sensations in the one team. Hamilton and Heikki sounds like a very strong lineup to me!

janneppi
12th December 2007, 06:49

Possibly because they have sacked Heiki, a Finn?? Besides he did use a smiley.

bingo!
Why should I feel happy that a guy I support get's shafted by his manager?

I am on the side of the moderators here because they do a bloody good job; and for anyone to suggest they cannot post in the same manner as anyone else (as long as it is within forum rules) is astonishing to me.Indeed, until I get paid to moderate I'm quite happy to express my opinions in a unprofessional manner when I see fit.

As a note though
The views expressed are solely those of the member and do not reflect the views of
the Admins, other moderating staff or sponsors

leopard
12th December 2007, 07:22

I think professional, but could also really mean it. ;)

SGWilko
12th December 2007, 08:58
The only reason I can see why they dropped Kovalainen was because they thought he might be too much of a threat to Alonso.

According to various reports, Fernando was looking for a drive where he was the clear no.1, because apparantly he can't win a title otherwise.

It would be most ammusing if Piquet 'did a Hamilton' but I don't think Briatore would let it happen.

Hah, Daddy Piquet will make sure his lil boy has every opportunity, I guarantee it. Nelson aint the kind of lowlife (IMO) you want to upset.......

ArrowsFA1
12th December 2007, 09:11
It's going to be fascinating to see what happens at Renault next year. It seems that Piquet was promised a race seat some time ago, long before Alonso became available, and Jnr is someone not short of confidence in his own abilities.

SGWilko
12th December 2007, 09:33
It's going to be fascinating to see what happens at Renault next year. It seems that Piquet was promised a race seat some time ago, long before Alonso became available, and Jnr is someone not short of confidence in his own abilities.

A quote from Autosport.... But it is understood that his speed ultimately cost him the chance of staying on board at Renault, because the returning Fernando Alonso did not want a teammate to pose the kind of challenge that he faced with Lewis Hamilton at McLaren this year. Link here http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64352.

Oh dear Nando, you just can't manage it unaided my dear fellow, can you? Well, shame on you. You have shown yourself as a fraud. Lewis was a ROOKIE, and he beat you fair and square. I only hope Nelson is as good as his PR makes him out be, and screws FA over.

But, Chavio won't allow that, because he will use the team orders (but not team orders approach) to hold NPJr back. Ho hum, and people on here moan about RD.....?

Tsk, I ask you.....

Dave B
12th December 2007, 09:40
Alonso seems happy to have a rookie team-mate who is unlikely to pose him a threat. Now where have I heard that before? :p

Luckily for 'Nando, Flavio would never allow his special one to be upstaged by a team-mate. Kovy's better off out of there.

ioan
12th December 2007, 09:41
Heiki is going to Toyota. Sorry pino!

ShiftingGears
12th December 2007, 09:50

If thats the case someone should be apologising to Heikki!

I wonder if we'll see a return of Alonso's bizarre podium antics if Alonso wins races with those six tenths he'll bring :p :

CNR
12th December 2007, 10:21
http://www.homeofsport.com/f1/news/item.aspx?id=20836

Kovalainen to stay in F1 in 2008 - report

Posted 12 December 2007 at 09:06 GMT

There is a "100 per cent chance" that Heikki Kovalainen will still be on the Formula One grid when the 2008 season kicks off next March.
A source close to the Finn relayed the information to Sport Bild, amid concerns that Kovalainen's career may have stalled after just a single season with Renault in 2007.
It is speculated that Kovalainen was left out of Renault's plans for next year because he would have posed too big a threat to the crucial new number one status of the returning Fernando Alonso.
He is now being linked with moves to McLaren or Toyota. Toyota is still strongly in the frame apparently due to McLaren boss Ron Dennis' concerns not only about Kovalainen's speed, but because of his lingering management links with Flavio Briatore.
Test driver Pedro de la Rosa is apparently the favourite for the McLaren seat due to the pressure of the team's Spanish sponsors, including Santander.
But Umberto Zapelloni, a renowned journalist for La Gazzetta dello Sport, played down the de la Rosa reports, arguing that comparing the veteran Spaniard with Alonso is like "comparing Kaka with (fellow AC Milan football player) Brocchi."
Speaking to the Finnish television station MTV3, Kovalainen said he was not surprised when Renault elected to run with Alonso alongside Nelson Piquet Jr in 2008.
"For some time we have been going through other options," he said.
"Renault made this kind of a decision, but luckily there are two other options with interesting offers," he added.

leopard
12th December 2007, 10:37
I'm not surprised that Alonso is back at renault at all. What I am rather shocked about is that both fisi and heikki have been dropped. Especially kovalianen who I thought has done well as the season progressed with not a brilliant car.

F1 car only have single seat available if Renault have to keep them all.
Didn't Alonso win the titles using the same Renault?

rohanweb
12th December 2007, 10:47
I hope best luck for Alonso and hope for duel between him and Kimi next year.

haahaa..
FA will end up wondering the same 2007 situation if He goes againt Kimi.
because Kimi would have been well developed at ferrari and Alonso will rather find himself 1 second slower per lap.. he will be a serious joker if he has plans to go to ferrari!

rohanweb
12th December 2007, 10:51
If thats the case someone should be apologising to Heikki!

I wonder if we'll see a return of Alonso's bizarre podium antics if Alonso wins races with those six tenths he'll bring :p :

lol...
so Alonso is taking his 6/10 secs back to renault then.. gone for good.
I dont really think renault will be back to old form in the next 3 years!!!

I was sorry for Heikki not getting the 2nd seat,but Mclaren should take him I guess, he is a great guy in terms of personality and got what it takes to perform well on the front of the field ( will also get on very well with LH)

Ron..Martin... knock..knock.. hello you there!!!????!!!

seppefan
12th December 2007, 11:18
lol...
so Alonso is taking his 6/10 secs back to renault then.. gone for good.
I dont really think renault will be back to old form in the next 3 years!!!

I was sorry for Heikki not getting the 2nd seat,but Mclaren should take him I guess, he is a great guy in terms of personality and got what it takes to perform well on the front of the field ( will also get on very well with LH)

Ron..Martin... knock..knock.. hello you there!!!????!!!

Heikki has been shafted because Flavio manages Piquet. It is all about money. I do remember Heikki who seems to be one of the nice guys on the grid, saying earlier this year that he would not wish to team mate with Piquet junior who is a spoilt child ( and a fast one too ). Flavio may have to eat his words about Ron not being able to manage his drivers as Piquet junior will do everything he can to emulate Hamilton and beat Alonso. I am looking forward to the 08 season much more now as the Renault pit will be full of sulking Spaniards or Brazilains come Monte Carlo. If Alonso quits at the end of 08 due to the teams underperformance which he is allowed to do in his contract who would have him ? If it is Ferrari and Kimi is still racing then Alonso will be smacked again.

F1boat
12th December 2007, 11:26
haahaa..
FA will end up wondering the same 2007 situation if He goes againt Kimi.
because Kimi would have been well developed at ferrari and Alonso will rather find himself 1 second slower per lap.. he will be a serious joker if he has plans to go to ferrari!

I mean Alonso/Renalut vs Kimi/Ferrari, not battle IN Ferrari.

seppefan
12th December 2007, 11:35
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=DV0aQPLJNvA

Watch out Fernando !!!

SGWilko
12th December 2007, 12:18
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=DV0aQPLJNvA

Watch out Fernando !!!

And to think Piquet thought he could make it in Indycars (trying to upstage his old mate Nige).

Lets hope for Nando NPJr is a chip off the ole blockhead, eh? ;)

Valve Bounce
12th December 2007, 12:28
Well, if they have a coming together, they can discuss it in a combination of Spanish and Portuguese. :p :

MAX_THRUST
12th December 2007, 12:31
Rookie team mate shouldn't pose any threats should they???? Some people are so stupid, FA that is. Briatoria isn't much smarter getting rid of kovalianen. He would be devasting in a Merc....

ioan
12th December 2007, 12:56
This place was so nice untill this morning when some found out that the forums are up and running again! :s

SGWilko
12th December 2007, 13:01
This place was so nice untill this morning when some found out that the forums are up and running again! :s

If one does not find it to one's liking, one can always conduct an about face........ and close the door upon exiting. As they say, if you can't stand the heat my friend..........

ioan
12th December 2007, 13:02
If one does not find it to one's liking, one can always conduct an about face........ and close the door upon exiting. As they say, if you can't stand the heat my friend..........

Theres a difference between a heated discussion and having to read a lot of rubbish.

BTW, it's not about you so no need to feel concerned! ;)

SGWilko
12th December 2007, 13:10
Theres a difference between a heated discussion and having to read a lot of rubbish.

BTW, it's not about you so no need to feel concerned! ;)

Fair point, but you have to understand one man's rubbish is anothers treasure.

Peoples opinions do differ, and as can be witnessed on here, folk will staunchly back up their team/driver till the end, that is, as you pointed out earlier, human nature.

Just go easy on some of them because they see things different. In their eyes they are right.......

Oh, and thanks for the clarification. :)

ioan
12th December 2007, 14:29
Oh, and thanks for the clarification. :)

I thought it was needed, and fully deserved! ;)

OTA
12th December 2007, 15:00
Sometimes the things I read make me smile. When and where any of you that say so have heard Alonso say he does not want a fast team mate? No where right. A lie it's a lie even if you say it 1.000.000 times.
With the exception of his Minardi year and his F3000 year Alonso has allways been in top teams since he first started karting, and that means 2 top guys fighting to win. I could go over his whole career to prove it, but it's really not worht it.
Cheers
David

slinkster
12th December 2007, 18:10
I have to say, I was disapointed that both Heikki and Fisi have been dropped but I hope it opens some (hopefully better) doors for Heikki and his career. I've got my fingers crossed for him and at least he's out of that horrible fat old Flavio's hands.

Kevincal
12th December 2007, 18:37
Heikki and Fisi are nice guys, but not fast enough. Look how badly Alonso beat Fisi when they were both at Renault... Alonso in a Renault in 2008 will be fighting for wins. I can't wait. :) Oh ya, screw you Alonso haters. Always talking about how he needs a slow teammate. That's BS.

SGWilko
12th December 2007, 18:43
Heikki and Fisi are nice guys, but not fast enough. Look how badly Alonso beat Fisi when they were both at Renault... Alonso in a Renault in 2008 will be fighting for wins. I can't wait. :) Oh ya, screw you Alonso haters. Always talking about how he needs a slow teammate. That's BS.

Well, it's not BS. Look at his behaviour (in fact, ask the team) when he was beaten by Fisi. He could not deal with it. He is clearly a talented driver, but the chink in his armour is his chronic lack of self esteem.

Well, lets just see if McLaren are 6/10ths slower and Renault 6/10ths faster in '08 shall we.

I am no Nando hater, but I certainly dislike his underhand tactics in '07. All the 5h!t he threw at Renault in '06, saying they were not supporting him, I bet some of the boys at Enstone are ecstatic he is back.....not.

But that's old hat for him now, isn't it.

FIA
12th December 2007, 19:50
Heikki's out of seat for 08'

Easy Drifter
12th December 2007, 20:09
Within 3 races I expect toys to be flying out of one pram or the other or maybe out of both. Have fun Flavio and maybe you should start wearing a helmet. :rolleyes:

Valve Bounce
12th December 2007, 21:38
Oh ya, screw you Alonso haters.

Well, I guess this leaves very little to the imagination.

markabilly
12th December 2007, 22:23
Well, it's not BS. Look at his behaviour (in fact, ask the team) when he was beaten by Fisi. He could not deal with it. He is clearly a talented driver, but the chink in his armour is his chronic lack of self esteem.

Well, lets just see if McLaren are 6/10ths slower and Renault 6/10ths faster in '08 shall we.

I am no Nando hater, but I certainly dislike his underhand tactics in '07. All the 5h!t he threw at Renault in '06, saying they were not supporting him, I bet some of the boys at Enstone are ecstatic he is back.....not.

But that's old hat for him now, isn't it.

There is a theory that a severe inferority complex drives the very ambitous and successful....hence the weird need to be be dominated that some of these very successful folks have been noted to have as some sort of outlet or substitute for sex.....

Then there is the theory that an F1 car is a giant phallus, and driving through curves is a substitute for or a fulfillment of a deep desire to have sex with one's own mother.....

Me, I just will stick to the Prince,,,,,,,and kool aid
:vader:

jso1985
13th December 2007, 03:42
Sometimes the things I read make me smile. When and where any of you that say so have heard Alonso say he does not want a fast team mate?

indeed! as VB says, in this case LINK PLEASE regarding Alonso saying that he doesn't want a fast team-mate.

what I found interesting in this situation is that if Alonso has been guaranteed Number 1 status at Renault and if at some point of the season Piquet is faster than FA but told to slow down, Nelsinho's and his daddy reaction won't be something Alonso and Flav will enjoy ;) , if he thought Hamilton was a spoiled kid, he certainly hasn't seen the kind of spoiled kid Piquet jr. looks like when giving interviews

Valve Bounce
13th December 2007, 04:02
There is a theory that a severe inferority complex drives the very ambitous and successful....hence the weird need to be be dominated that some of these very successful folks have been noted to have as some sort of outlet or substitute for sex.....

Then there is the theory that an F1 car is a giant phallus, and driving through curves is a substitute for or a fulfillment of a deep desire to have sex with one's own mother.....

Me, I just will stick to the Prince,,,,,,,and kool aid
:vader:

Well, you have your phobias and they are kinda weird. Me, I'm nothing like that.

Hawkmoon
13th December 2007, 05:32
Name one Flavio-managed driver that he hasn't screwed at some point!

Trulli, Fisichella, Webber and now Kovalainen have all been shafted in one way or another by their "manager". Flavio is a great way to get into F1. But he's a better way to get screwed once you're there.

The Alonso-to-Renault deal was the worst kept secret this year but Kovalainen getting it in the neck was a surprise. I guess it's one of three things:

1. Renault really rate Piquet and figure him to be an upgrade over the Finn.

2. Kovalainen didn't want to be managed by Flavio anymore and so went the same way that Trulli and Fisichella went when they broke their Flavio-bonds, ie. out the door.

3. Alonso had a say on his '08 teammate and picked the Brazilian.

I think it's mostly No. 2 with a dash of No. 3 thrown in for taste.

raikk
13th December 2007, 06:02
bingo!
Why should I feel happy that a guy I support get's shafted by his manager?Indeed, until I get paid to moderate I'm quite happy to express my opinions in a unprofessional manner when I see fit.

As a note though
The views expressed are solely those of the member and do not reflect the views of
the Admins, other moderating staff or sponsors

time to hop on to the jolly old Mclaren bus again! :p :

gloomyDAY
13th December 2007, 06:56
Alonso is going to be back to his winning ways at Renault!

Along with Jr. they'll be a fighting force to deal with on the track.

I've been reading my psychology textbook and it's funny how someone mentioned Alonso's lack of self-esteem. Alonos is the type of driver that needs to be attended to like a gem. If he doesn't get what he wants he'll scream bloody murder until someone feeds him his bottle.

I love the guy's talent, but he needs to stop acting like a brat.

leopard
13th December 2007, 07:12
Alonos is the type of driver that needs to be attended to like a gem.

Wherever you place a gem in the mud, it stays a shining gem.

pino
13th December 2007, 07:14
Sometimes the things I read make me smile. When and where any of you that say so have heard Alonso say he does not want a fast team mate? No where right. A lie it's a lie even if you say it 1.000.000 times.

Not that I believe in what they say but here's :p :

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12433_2964704,00.html

leopard
13th December 2007, 07:22
It might be true, but Flav has reprimanded his static performance at the time Alonso was comfortably driving Mercedez long before decided to divorce with McLaren. :)

Garry Walker
13th December 2007, 11:09
Heikki has been shafted because Flavio manages Piquet. It is all about money.

Flavio also manages Heikki. HK didnt get shafted, he just didnt perform as well as Renault hoped. If I was Flavio, I would have shown him the door as well.

Oh ya, screw you Alonso haters. Always talking about how he needs a slow teammate. That's BS.

Well, when he had Trulli as teammate in 2004 and the latter was quicker, Flavio and Co had to lower themselves to sabotage and mentally destroy JT.
When Alonso faced Hamilton in 2007, who too was quicker, he threw a hissy and behaved like a spoilt prick. Just accept it, as Pat Symonds said, when Alonso is beaten in equal cars, he behaves irrationally and gets paranoid.

pino
13th December 2007, 13:31

You wish :p :

wedge
13th December 2007, 14:14
Well, when he had Trulli as teammate in 2004 and the latter was quicker, Flavio and Co had to lower themselves to sabotage and mentally destroy JT.
When Alonso faced Hamilton in 2007, who too was quicker, he threw a hissy and behaved like a spoilt prick. Just accept it, as Pat Symonds said, when Alonso is beaten in equal cars, he behaves irrationally and gets paranoid.

Trulli has a habit of going backwards. The 2004 French GP, Trulli was overtaken on the last lap at the chicane and the TV showed Flav angry and slamming his headphones onto the desk. It all went downhill from there after Trulli won in Monaco that year.

[quote="Garry Walker"]Flavio also manages Heikki. HK didnt get shafted, he just didnt perform as well as Renault hoped. If I was Flavio, I would have shown him the door as well.[quote]

There seems to be a consensus that Heikki do a good job this year and some critics have argued that he is more of a threat to Alonso, hence it is a theory as to why he was shown the door.

ioan
13th December 2007, 14:28
You wish :p :

I have no interest in this affair! :)

ClarkFan
13th December 2007, 18:17
Name one Flavio-managed driver that he hasn't screwed at some point!

Trulli, Fisichella, Webber and now Kovalainen have all been shafted in one way or another by their "manager". Flavio is a great way to get into F1. But he's a better way to get screwed once you're there.

The Alonso-to-Renault deal was the worst kept secret this year but Kovalainen getting it in the neck was a surprise. I guess it's one of three things:

1. Renault really rate Piquet and figure him to be an upgrade over the Finn.

2. Kovalainen didn't want to be managed by Flavio anymore and so went the same way that Trulli and Fisichella went when they broke their Flavio-bonds, ie. out the door.

3. Alonso had a say on his '08 teammate and picked the Brazilian.

I think it's mostly No. 2 with a dash of No. 3 thrown in for taste.

I think there may be a #4, too. Does Piquet bring money with him? Remember, Renault's budget has historically been below the big spenders. The guy who runs Renault, Ghosn, is very oriented to the bottom line, so for the team to get more money to spend they need to find more sponsorship. If Nelsonhi brings money due to his father's connections, and Kovalainen doesn't, that could have been the deciding factor.

And if I were in Honda, I'd snap up HK now. Let JB and RB engage in mortal combat for the other seat.

ClarkFan

OTA
13th December 2007, 18:32
Pino, that's exactly what I mean. Someone says that he said that he heard that.... But facts are what they are. Alonso has had excellent team mates most of his career. I won't deny that Alonso is not a very happy camper when he gets beaten, but a driver who has reached the level of Alonso is not scared of challenges, not Alonso not the others.

Kevincal
13th December 2007, 21:15
Flavio also manages Heikki. HK didnt get shafted, he just didnt perform as well as Renault hoped. If I was Flavio, I would have shown him the door as well.

Hamilton WAS getting preferential treatment, as well as Alonso's track information/car setups etc and they were equally quick. So to me, that makes Alonso the better driver overall. Hamilton is the one that has the most cushy deal in F1, Alonso has had to earn his rep starting out at a **** team and moving up to 2 time wdc. Hammy is given best car, pref. treatment by everyone, and managed to choke away the wdc. So, ya. All the while he was acting smug like he's the next Senna. He even said so himself that he's the next Senna...LOL. KARMAAAAAA ;) ;) ;)

Hawkmoon
13th December 2007, 23:34
I think there may be a #4, too. Does Piquet bring money with him? Remember, Renault's budget has historically been below the big spenders. The guy who runs Renault, Ghosn, is very oriented to the bottom line, so for the team to get more money to spend they need to find more sponsorship. If Nelsonhi brings money due to his father's connections, and Kovalainen doesn't, that could have been the deciding factor.

Definently possible. Did Piquet bring money with him in GP2? I guess we'll know if Renault turn up with Paramlat sponsorship next year.

And if I were in Honda, I'd snap up HK now. Let JB and RB engage in mortal combat for the other seat.

ClarkFan

Couldn't agree more. Kovalainen is quick and will only get better. I think Renault could be making a mistake letting him go and all the teams bar Ferrari and BMW should explore the option of getting him.

markabilly
13th December 2007, 23:48
Hamilton WAS getting preferential treatment, as well as Alonso's track information/car setups etc and they were equally quick. So to me, that makes Alonso the better driver overall. Hamilton is the one that has the most cushy deal in F1, Alonso has had to earn his rep starting out at a **** team and moving up to 2 time wdc. Hammy is given best car, pref. treatment by everyone, and managed to choke away the wdc. So, ya. All the while he was acting smug like he's the next Senna. He even said so himself that he's the next Senna...LOL. KARMAAAAAA ;) ;) ;)
Just a minute here!! We have the word and promise of RD that all cars for all drivers in 2007 were all equal and all secrets stolen from Ferrari were shared equally among the drivers without exception to the fact that FA was a recycle from another team............oopps :eek:

Kevincal
14th December 2007, 00:43
And you want proof that Hammy got preferential treatment within the team? Go back and look at the WHOLE McLaren team's reactions when certain events occured at a race. The reactions were always obviously in favor of Hammy. Nobody liked Alonso at McLaren, except his Spanish manager and PDL...lol. ;) That was so obvious to me. I can't wait to see what happens next year. :)

leopard
14th December 2007, 03:45
He even said so himself that he's the next Senna...LOL. KARMAAAAAA ;) ;) ;)

I listen to Karma, if not Buddha. They are great compilation. :)

ClarkFan
14th December 2007, 04:13
Definently possible. Did Piquet bring money with him in GP2? I guess we'll know if Renault turn up with Paramlat sponsorship next year.

I don't know if Piquet brought the money, but there were frequent references to how well-funded his team was. The same references were made for Rosberg in GP2, and I think he had personal sponsorship - part of his original attraction for Williams.

But it probably won't be Parmalat - they went through bankruptcy after a massive financial fraud.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/04_02/b3865053_mz054.htm

On the other hand, standard biographies state that Nelson Sr. has quite a few business interests in Brazil. That could be a source of funding for Jr.

ClarkFan

Valve Bounce
14th December 2007, 04:15
Nuts!! lotsa nuts!! Brazil nuts!!

AJP
14th December 2007, 09:20
good luck to Renault...they are going to need it with "Shifty" back in the team....

Valve Bounce
14th December 2007, 11:57
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=33561

Mauri A
14th December 2007, 17:57
Heikki's out of seat for 08'
As you said!!

all13d
14th December 2007, 23:03
For anyone saying Kovalainen getting the axe wasn't a result of Alonso wanting a slower team-mate, think again.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7136498.stm

"Kovalainen, who is managed by team boss Flavio Briatore, was considered by the team to be good enough to challenge Alonso, and therefore keeping him was not in the interests of a harmonious team."

AJP
14th December 2007, 23:19
For anyone saying Kovalainen getting the axe wasn't a result of Alonso wanting a slower team-mate, think again.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7136498.stm

"Kovalainen, who is managed by team boss Flavio Briatore, was considered by the team to be good enough to challenge Alonso, and therefore keeping him was not in the interests of a harmonious team."

I will laugh so hard if Alonso's new "Rookie" team mate does a Hamilton on him....