PDA

View Full Version : After Christmas Blues, anyone?

Hazell B
7th January 2007, 19:04
"I'm feeling depressed after Christmas" is all I've heard today.

If the people moaning about 'depression' are flat broke, fat and unimpressed with their presents, fair enough. But claiming it's ruined their New Year is going a bit far, isn't it?

The weather's brilliant, there's the usual nightlife and even those paid monthly can't be that far from the next wage, so what's the problem?

I'm happy :D

Brown, Jon Brow
7th January 2007, 19:08
I was happy untill I had to go back to college after the christmas break.

I have exams starting next week, i am bit 'fed up'

hammer
7th January 2007, 19:08
repeat after me
the glass is half full
the new year looks good

Hazell B
7th January 2007, 19:26
the glass is half full

You've made me thirsty now :p :

Hadn't thought about that 'back to work' feeling being a factor. I just work as and when I like, which is daily as I love what I do, so it's not something that matters to me.

Brown, Jon Brow
7th January 2007, 19:28
You've made me thirsty now :p :

Me too. I now have a 1/4 empty can of larger in my hand :laugh:

slinkster
7th January 2007, 20:01
I actually miss christmas a bit, not sure why, I guess it shows that I enjoyed it.. however, I'm also relatively possitive about this year too so I think I'm balanced enough :)

Erki
7th January 2007, 20:05
I actually miss christmas a bit, not sure why, I guess it shows that I enjoyed it.. however, I'm also relatively possitive about this year too so I think I'm balanced enough :)

Balanced? Come on, you're a slinky!

slinkster
7th January 2007, 20:12
Balanced? Come on, you're a slinky!

:laugh: well even slinky's have to rest every now and then!

BaldyMan
7th January 2007, 20:18
Going back to work tomorrow so not too happy it's not the work thing, TV not been that good.
But because now the TV is getting better with the darts started which will have to wait till I get home.

Brown, Jon Brow
7th January 2007, 20:19
Going back to work tomorrow so not too happy it's not the work thing, TV not been that good.
But because now the TV is getting better with the darts started which will have to wait till I get home.

The good dart championship was last week ;)

Dave B
7th January 2007, 22:33
I'm just glad it's all out the way and we can return to some semblance of normality for a few months!

Alex Nakhapetov
7th January 2007, 22:38
It's better to drive than to drink :)

http://www.rallyrus.spb.ru/eng/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1167729076&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

CarlMetro
8th January 2007, 00:00
I'm just glad it's all out the way and we can return to some semblance of normality for a few months!

Nope, I went into a cad shop yesterday, because it was my better halfs birthday today, to be confronted by a full rack of Valentines crap on display already :rolleyes:

Yeah I only have two more Chrimbo parties to do, then I can forget about it too ;(

Back to work on Tuesday too :(

Ian McC
8th January 2007, 08:41
cad shop

Buying or just browsing? :p :

sal
8th January 2007, 09:19
Ran into a dog killing it and writing my car off in the process last week so I have a genuine reason to be depressed...plus it's two weeks until I'm another year older and am no nearer being financially secure...where's that gun?!

Mark
8th January 2007, 09:30
Nah, somewhat glad Christmas is over. It means now we are on the way back towards summer :D

Hazell B
8th January 2007, 19:03
Buying or just browsing? :p :

I hope he was buying - Sam loves a good cad ;)

Sal, that's just plain unfortunate :(

sal
8th January 2007, 20:24
Sal, that's just plain unfortunate :(

Cheers Hazell, you could say that. I've never knowingly killed anything so it's still sitting pretty bad on my conscience. Sadly it was a combination of bad visibility, wet roads and a black dog that I didnt see due to it being on the verge until the last possible second before it jumped infront of my car. Having said that I suppose I'm lucky I didnt hit the car coming in the opposite direction.

LeonBrooke
8th January 2007, 23:58
I'm in that nasty void between Christmas and the start of university. and I have a job which means I work in the evenings. Not bad but not advancing me.

RaceFanStan
9th January 2007, 01:23
... Ran into a dog killing it and writing my car off in the process last week ...
... a combination of bad visibility, wet roads ...
... and a black dog that I didnt see ....
... before it jumped in front of my car ...
I hate those suicidal dogs ! :laugh:

grassrootsracer
9th January 2007, 01:48
My Christmas sucked, but not for the usual reasons; being with my family was wonderful and greater than any tangible gift I could receive (although the Motec classes were a great gift). Unfortunately, my future father-in-law passed away. ;( If that's not a cause for the blues, I don't know what is.

Drew
9th January 2007, 18:28
There's always time to be miserable ;)

LeonBrooke
9th January 2007, 21:34
There's always time to be miserable ;)

And if you don't have time, make time ;)