PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton on Top Gear last night

tsarcasm
3rd December 2007, 06:21
He had the pleasure of driving their Vauxhall...

He went as fast as Bunson....except it was RAinINg

Mark
3rd December 2007, 07:51
It was a Suzuki Liana.

savage86
3rd December 2007, 08:56
Im struggling to get my head round how Lewis managed that, there seemed to be oil in the last turn, and it was wet. For some reason watching lewis get that time made me realise more than anything else just how fast he is.

passmeatissue
3rd December 2007, 09:20
Im struggling to get my head round how Lewis managed that, there seemed to be oil in the last turn, and it was wet. For some reason watching lewis get that time made me realise more than anything else just how fast he is.

Me too. Visibly the best I've seen into Hammerhead, the only one to really get it stopped enough to stay on line, and Gambon as well, I've never seen anyone nail both the entry and the exit. Had to watch it several times, he is just so connected to the car, as the producer said in his blog.

I'm wondering how hard TG will find it to get the next F1 driver to have a go... ;)

Mark
3rd December 2007, 09:23
It's just a shame it was raining on the day. Would have loved to have seen him try it on a properly dry track.

SGWilko
3rd December 2007, 09:41
It's just a shame it was raining on the day. Would have loved to have seen him try it on a properly dry track.

Did JC and LH not agree to return in the dry......

And I did not see Lewis clear his throat once....

Mark
3rd December 2007, 09:43
Did JC and LH not agree to return in the dry......

Yes, but I suspect we might be waiting a long while for that to happen. I suspect a year or more.

dime3
3rd December 2007, 16:19
He's fast - very fast - still can't bring myself to like him though, always seems so...smug...

Trqster
3rd December 2007, 16:35
Brilliant stuff from Hamilton, as usual.
Would love to see Schumi take the challenge too though. :)

BTCC2
3rd December 2007, 16:39
For some reason watching lewis get that time made me realise more than anything else just how fast he is.

Or just how fixed it was to make a point.

SGWilko
3rd December 2007, 16:49
Or just how fixed it was to make a point.

Only took until post No. 10 for this kind of thing to creep in.....

passmeatissue
3rd December 2007, 17:07
Only took until post No. 10 for this kind of thing to creep in.....

Agreed! For me it's fine to criticise a driver for something. Otherwise, the bashers should tune in to the fact that these posts reveal more about their own weakness than anything.

truefan72
3rd December 2007, 17:58
well said

truefan72
3rd December 2007, 18:16
can't find video anywhere
you tube already took it down

Dave B
3rd December 2007, 18:45
Fixed? Right now the BBC are so paranoid about any wrong-doing that they're not even allowing Popmaster on Radio 2!

Lewis' lap was remarkable. He looked positively snail-like through the Hammerhead, proving that keeping a neat and tidy line pays off far more than carrying too much speed and running wide - spectacular though that may look.

Hazell B
3rd December 2007, 20:32
Fixed? Right now the BBC are so paranoid about any wrong-doing that they're not even allowing Popmaster on Radio 2!

Dave's right, it wouldn't be worth the risk fixing that time. The only thing 'fixed' about it would have been it never making the screen if he'd gone slowly, in which case we wouldn't have heard it even happened at all.

The lap was brilliant, no two ways about that. As somebody who loved watching him at the start of the year but who now loathes the publicity machine around Hamilton, I thought he drove well, presented himself really well and he's back up in my favourites list. Still don't want him winning Sports Personality of the Year though.

Ari
4th December 2007, 05:10
As most know, I'm far from a Hamilton fan but it sounds like he's really kicked a goal here! Well done to him.

Have been looking for the video but can't find it anywhere :(

Brown, Jon Brow
4th December 2007, 11:29
I don't think that you can read too much into his lap compared with the other F1 drivers. It's not like they put 100% effort into it.

SGWilko
4th December 2007, 11:57
I don't think that you can read too much into his lap compared with the other F1 drivers. It's not like they put 100% effort into it.

Did Lewis put 100% into it? He was not excactly sweating on his lap. Very relaxed like he was on a pootle to the shops.

And the story goes that a certain N Mansell took a few passes over the track in his lear to get a heads up on the layout.....

ArrowsFA1
4th December 2007, 12:39
It's not like they put 100% effort into it.
We are talking about very competitive people here :s mokin:

janneppi
4th December 2007, 13:23
Did Lewis put 100% into it? He was not excactly sweating on his lap. Very relaxed like he was on a pootle to the shops.

If you are used to speeds up to 350 kph, 150 isn't going to require as much concentration is it? :)

mikiec
4th December 2007, 16:15
"Have been looking for the video but can't find it anywhere "

The lap is on the Top Gear website http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/ although it might be blocked to non-UK IP addresses.

truefan72
4th December 2007, 22:01
finally saw the video

:D