PDA

View Full Version : First £250 000 winner

nicemms
7th January 2007, 18:10
Well its finally happened. The £250 000 has been won on Deal or No Deal.

Brown, Jon Brow
7th January 2007, 18:11
I saw that that as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who cares? :rolleyes:

nik
7th January 2007, 18:14
Who cares? :rolleyes:

Go away then, this is for people that do care.

I'm drained after watching that. Fantastic!!!! :D

nicemms
7th January 2007, 18:16
I don't watch it regular, just flicked on tv and watched it and then 10mins later she had won the £250 000. Unbelivable. She must be over the moon.

Hazell B
7th January 2007, 18:18
I saw it, too.

Generally still watch the show, or part of it, even after a year. Good to see it won at last :)

slinkster
7th January 2007, 20:02
aww damit, I didn't see it... who won it?! Not one of the annoying ones I hope! I know this is probably 'wrong' or whatever but I just take a disliking to some of them and kinda hope they'll lose...

Hazell B
7th January 2007, 21:14
Me too Slinkster - it's what everyone who watches does!

Can honestly say I hadn't noticed this woman who won at all. I think she was Welsh. She's in her late 20s, or early 30s at most, with shortish dyed red hair. She seemed nice and was so sure she had the money I ended up willing her to have it.

BTCC2
7th January 2007, 21:21
I still don't understand how Deal or No Deal works????

Who are the people with the boxes?
Why does the banker offer them money?
and.. Why is it good to get a low amount of money from the box?

Is it also just luck or is there some skill involved?

Hazell B
7th January 2007, 21:27
It's the easiest game in the world to work out :confused: :p :

People pick random boxes and open them when they're asked. Low numbers are good because the box the contestant has can't contain that low sum - high is bad as it takes the high value box out of play. The banker offers cash according to how it makes good TV, not so much on possible wins by the contestants.

They take home an offer or their boxes contents, their choice. Tax free.

It's repeated on More 4 Slinkster :up:

Bezza
7th January 2007, 22:05
Its boring when they win. Its better when they leave with 1p or 10p and everyone says they were "soooooooo unlucky, you deserved more..." etc. You deserve what you get its a game of chance!!!!

Noel Edmonds said himself that someone has already won the 250k but they held back from showing it to keep people interested.

Hazell B
7th January 2007, 22:19
Oh Bezza, you fell for that? Nobody's vanished from the line up (far as I know) so it hadn't been won and Noel was trying to get new viewers by claiming wins that never happened. He said it had been won twice in summer and they filmed six months in advance, both of which are plainly just jokes.

I know he looks nice, but don't believe the old beggar :p :

Bezza
7th January 2007, 22:22
Very easily fooled me! I haven't seen it for yonks! He said it on Jonathan Ross a while back.

So what were the last two boxes? Bet it wasn't 250,000 and 1p!

Hazell B
7th January 2007, 22:28
No, you're not easily fooled - Edmunds is a master of twisted truths :eek: :p :

Can't remember the boxes. She turned down £45k I think.

CarlMetro
8th January 2007, 00:06
It's one of the few afternoon programmes that I will actually watch, I find it quite entertaining :up:

harvick#1
8th January 2007, 00:27
I would find it more entertaining if the ladies took their clothes off :dork: :p :

but seriously, I'd like to win free money by only picking cases, at least some of the other shows you need some knowledge

Dazz9908
8th January 2007, 05:26
We had the our top prize of $200,000, Go, a few times now. But in the currency transfer rates that would equal 10p in British Pounds.

I love it when they go all out and win the the lowest value :laugh: , hear that's 50 cents, Just to greedy some people. :s . they give up really good amounts of cash to try for the top. 20to 40 thousand sounds just as good to me. :up:

Mark
8th January 2007, 08:08
I too turned it on 10mins before the end :D

In the end she had £3,000 and £250,000. I was expecting the banker to offer her something like £100,000 but they obviously wanted someone to win so he came in with an insulting offer of £45,000. So obviously she went No Deal and won the £250,000 :D

As for holding back the show to keep people interested, nope, because of the way the contestants are introduced and then go on to play the game, people would have noticed if they hadn't all been shown in order.

Dave B
8th January 2007, 16:33
With the amount of information which leaks out from audience members and contestants, there's no way they'd be able to keep alleged previous winners secret. Noel's comments on the Jonathan Ross show were obviously tongue-in-cheek!

viper_man
8th January 2007, 17:43
DAMMIT I heard someone won a long time ago so Ive been watching it all over christmas and I have missed it the past couple of days. Just my luck

Dave B
8th January 2007, 17:49
It's repeated tomorrow (Tuesday) or is available on the C4 website (or the one which sounds uncannily like PooLube ;) )

Hazell B
8th January 2007, 18:54
Channel 4 is really milking it - yet another repeat is scheduled for this saturday afternoon.

Did I miss her winning the World Cup and Derby aswell as the £250k during filming? :p :

slinkster
8th January 2007, 19:14
haha they're repeating it again!? at least it gives me more of a chance of actually remembering to watch it!

Mark in Oshawa
8th January 2007, 19:26
You Brits are being ripped off. The Yanks give away a Million dollars and that is about half a million pounds.

Of course, us Canadians can only watch save for a week later this year when we will have a one week run of the show with the our boy Howie Mandel coming home to host it. I would take the 250000 pounds!!!!

Of course, I am waiting too for the all nude models or maybe models in lingerie.

Hazell B
8th January 2007, 19:31
You Brits are being ripped off. The Yanks give away a Million dollars and that is about half a million pounds.

Why are we being ripped off? It's just afternoon TV, not a major show :confused:

We don't have to copy everything the septics do, you know ;)

Dave B
8th January 2007, 19:33
Give it time, the way the US economy's going at the moment our jackpot will soon be the larger :p

Hazell B
8th January 2007, 19:36
:laugh:

Seriously, we all say everyone's far too interested in money and not the other things in life, then there's calls for bigger prizes in everything. Make your minds up!

martinbalmer
8th January 2007, 22:15
Noel Edmonds said himself that someone has already won the 250k but they held back from showing it to keep people interested.

Just before Christmas it was part of a radio news item that someone had won the £250,000 on Deal or No Deal, and that the episode 'was scheduled to be broadcast in the New Year'... So there has been some warning but it has not been shown out of sequence or held back :)

viper_man
9th January 2007, 02:11
Yeah, the shows are always filmed a couple of months in advance

Mark
9th January 2007, 07:57
It's only been 'held back' in the sense that all the shows are filmed many months in advance of transmission.