PDA

View Full Version : World Superbikes and Supersport 2008

patnicholls
2nd December 2007, 22:27
As with the British Superbike thread I just did, here's an outline list of how WSB is looking so far for next year:

{disclaimer - some of this fact, some informed rumour, some uninformed rumour, and some reading-between the lines. This isn't any kind of official list}

Ten Kate Honda - Carlos Checa, Kenan Sofuoglu & Ryuichi Kiyonari
Althea Honda - Roby Rolfo
DFX Honda - Karl Muggeridge & Russell Holland
Alto Evolution Honda? - Yoann Tiberio? & Shuhei Aoyama?
Stobart Honda - Gregorio Lavilla?

Xerox Ducati - Troy Bayliss & Michel Fabrizio
Sterilgarda Ducati - Max Biaggi & Ruben Xaus
RG Ducati - Lorenzo Lanzi
Guandalini Ducati - Jakub Smrz

Yamaha Italia - Nori Haga and Troy Corser
GMT94/Yamaha France - Sebastien Gimbert & David Checa [confirmed on the Yamaha France site that they'll be in WSB as opposed to WSS]

Alstare Suzuki - Yukio Kagayama, Max Neukirchner & Fonsi Nieto
Celani Suzuki - Steve Martin?

PSG-1 Kawasaki - Regis Laconi & Makoto Tamada
Pedercini Kawasaki - Ayrton Badovini & Vittorio Iannuzzo

plus anyone else...

patnicholls
2nd December 2007, 22:57
And the outline list for World Supersport for next year:

{disclaimer - some of this fact, some informed rumour, some uninformed rumour, and some filling in from last year's lineup and reading-between the lines. This isn't any kind of official list}

Ten Kate Honda - Andrew Pitt & Jonathan Rea
Althea Honda - Tommy Hill & Gianluca Nannelli
Stiggy Honda - Robbin Harms & Josh Brookes
Benjan Motoren Honda - Vesa Kallio & Graeme Gowland? [unheralded Brit who took this year's Spanish Supersport title]
HP Honda? - Javier Fores?
Intermoto Honda - Mathieu Lagrive & ?
Parkalgar/Ekerold Honda - Craig Jones & Miguel Praia
Glaner Motocard.com Honda - Joan Lascorz?
Berry Honda - Gianluca Vizzielo & Mirko Giansanti
CRS Honda? - ?

Yamaha SSP - Broc Parkes & Fabien Foret
Lorenzini by Leoni Yamaha - Massimo Roccoli
[RG Yamaha? - moving up to WSB]
[GMT94 - also moving up to WSB]
Yamaha Spain - David de Gea & David Salom
Tati Beaujolais Yamaha - ?
Vector Yamaha? - Vladimir Ivanov & Gergo Talmacsi?
Moto1 Yamaha? - ?

Gil Kawasaki - Katsuaki Fujiwara & Chris Walker
Lightspeed Kawasaki - Stefan Nebel?
PMS Kawasaki - ?

Hoegee Suzuki - Barry Venemann & ?

Triumph SC - Garry McCoy & Paul Young
Triumph BE1 - Ivan Clementi & Mark Aitchison

LBR Ducati?

Anyone else?!?

tha_jackal
3rd December 2007, 01:09
Alto Evolution Honda = Muggas and Shuhei Aoyama :)

ChrisS
3rd December 2007, 01:34
Tamada signed directly with the factory in Japan and Badovini signed with PSG-1 but will ride for Pedercini

hopefully this is an indication that there will be close collaboration between the 2 teams and the factory in Japan

NinjaMaster
3rd December 2007, 11:33
Tamada signed directly with the factory in Japan and Badovini signed with PSG-1 but will ride for Pedercini

hopefully this is an indication that there will be close collaboration between the 2 teams and the factory in Japan
Didn't Badovini sign with Kawasaki which is why it wasn't known which team he would ride with?

That's some gret work Pat, comprehensive lists for both WSB and WSS (and BSB in another thread) with teams I'd never heard of. Nice job.

ChrisS
3rd December 2007, 12:52
Didn't Badovini sign with Kawasaki which is why it wasn't known which team he would ride with?

No, the press release of his signing came from the Kawasaki PSG-1 Corse
press office and said that "Ayrton Badovini will ride directly for Kawasaki PSG-1 Corse or possibly entrusted to Pedercini Team wearing Kawasaki colours."

ChrisS
3rd December 2007, 13:13
That's some gret work Pat, comprehensive lists for both WSB and WSS (and BSB in another thread) with teams I'd never heard of. Nice job.

:up:

I've been following rider signings in World SBK ans SS but there a few I was not aware of

I though Craig Jones turned down Althea to stay with Reve, also Craig Jonesor Gregorio Lavilla at Stobart? will they be a single bike team? I thought they were running 2 bikes.

patnicholls
3rd December 2007, 21:19
The BSB site implies Stobart will be a one-bike team in this article:

http://www.britishsuperbike.com/html/newsarticle.php?id=1177

Although obviously if it is two bikes, even better.

Reve were - as of the last round of 2007 - rumoured to be winding up due to a lack of funds. Tragic really for one of Britain's top Supersport teams to fizzle out if true.

The Craig Jones to Stobart one is semi-based-on-rumour/semi reading-between-the-lines. Common sense says Britain is one of WSB's biggest two markets - possibly THE biggest - and that there are currently no Brits in the WSB lineup, which from a marketing viewpoint is suicide. And Craig is the only top Brit currently rideless.

As I say, there's a whole bunch of speculation in my lists (it being December and all!), but it's good to get a look at the 'big picture' so far. WSS is looking brilliant in particular!

tha_jackal
4th December 2007, 01:44
Its being reported that Russel Holland and Karl Muggeridge will ride for DFX Honda in WSBK next year in an all aussie line-up.. Dunno if it's a good idea to ride for them though, probly be replaced mid-year by a rich italian like Luca Morelli :p

So that leaves Tiberio and Aoyama at Alto Evolution Honda then?

ChrisS
4th December 2007, 02:07
Its being reported that Russel Holland and Karl Muggeridge will ride for DFX Honda in WSBK next year in an all aussie line-up.. Dunno if it's a good idea to ride for them though, probly be replaced mid-year by a rich italian like Luca Morelli :p

So that leaves Tiberio and Aoyama at Alto Evolution Honda then?

OT with the thread but since you mentioned Holland. he failed the anti-doping test at Suzuka 8 Hours and his team was dsq.

the drug was terbutaline, used to treat asthma, riders can use it but he didnt follow FIM procedures to get authorization.
http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=30848

neninja
4th December 2007, 12:46
I thought Craig Jones was confirmed as riding for Parkalgar Honda (a merger of Reve/Ekerold Honda and a Portuguese team with sponsorship from Parkalgar - the owners of the new race circuit in Portugal. Simon Buckmaster is joining the team as manager.

The team is has full Honda Europe support so the bikes should be good as they being developed alongside the Honda UK BSS bikes.

His team mate is Portugeuse rider Michel Praia.

ChrisS
5th December 2007, 08:41
Karl Muggeridge and Russel Holland confirmed at DFX Honda

so far 23 riders confirmed for SBK and its only the start of December, I'm hopping for a 30 rider field :D

patnicholls
5th December 2007, 23:25
Incorporated the latest news into the lists.

Am incredibly surprised that there don't look like being any Brits in WSB, yet five in WSS!