PDA

View Full Version : PWRC 2008, Who will the drivers be ?

Tomi
2nd December 2007, 18:42
Any news who will compete in PWRC next season?

Tom206wrc
2nd December 2007, 20:43
At least I hope for more S2000s entering next year :bounce:

GruppoB
2nd December 2007, 20:45
Pastrana will be doing the full PCWRC 2008

COD
2nd December 2007, 20:48
Pastrana will be doing the full PCWRC 2008

You sure? Today there was a big story about him in Helsingin Sanomat (finnish newspaper) and he said he is 100% to do US series and trying to do PWRC, but some event may be same time as US, so maybe not possible to do PWRC

White Sauron
2nd December 2007, 20:54
Alen is Abarth S2000 and Vertunov for URT Subaru Russia.

Mirek
2nd December 2007, 21:10
Probably Stohl with Kronos 207 S2000...

ZequeArgentina
3rd December 2007, 02:33
Pozzo will not do it probably, money issues.

teufel
3rd December 2007, 08:41
Gabor Mayer will drive the whole series with Prodrive

Wim_Impreza
3rd December 2007, 09:44
Pozzo will not do it probably, money issues.

That's a pity. Will he drive than in your national championship?

ZequeArgentina
3rd December 2007, 14:38
Mostprobable Pozzo will do the national champonship, and there isstill some possibility to do PWRC (but very difficultto work it out).

What was very clear is that he needs to complement PWRC wih something else, he faced lack of rythm this year, till he did some natinal rallies mixed wih PWRC.

Only 6 rallies in all year is very little, he did some 3 national rallies, which will a little short, are done at very high pace. It is a very competitive championship with rallies defined at the second.
Pozzo struggled to get to top 4 in National level, he got the speed but finding the pace early was difficult. (in PWRC you need to find the addcuate speed, in Arg. Champ flat out since the start)

L5->R5/CR
3rd December 2007, 15:25
You sure? Today there was a big story about him in Helsingin Sanomat (finnish newspaper) and he said he is 100% to do US series and trying to do PWRC, but some event may be same time as US, so maybe not possible to do PWRC

Looking at the calendars there were no date conflicts with Rally America events here in the states. There will be some back to back Rally-America/PWRC event weekends but no direct date conflicts that I saw (there is one point where in 3 weeks it will be Acropolis, Rally America (STPR), Turkey but no date conflicts).

I'd put a lot of weight in him doing the events. As far as I know the team is planning on leaving their container in GB and then having it shipped to Sweden for next year...

L5->R5/CR
3rd December 2007, 16:17
I'd put a lot of weight in him doing the events. As far as I know the team is planning on leaving their container in GB and then having it shipped to Sweden for next year...

Conflicting information on the status of the container but still expect them to be putting in respectable times and gaining huge amounts of experience in Sweden.

COD
3rd December 2007, 18:08
There are some rumours that Tommi Mäkinen Racing might field a new Impreza for Finnish Champion Jari Ketomaa

Tomi
3rd December 2007, 18:44
There are some rumours that Tommi Mäkinen Racing might field a new Impreza for Finnish Champion Jari Ketomaa

Yes, I have heard that too, I hope it's true, he has the speed for sure.

A.F.F.
3rd December 2007, 20:18
Ketomaa with Subaru would be awesome :up:

pantealex
4th December 2007, 04:41
Arai is driving new one for sure, planning to start from Sweden, hope to see him also in Ouninpohja!
Link to his plans:
http://www.wrc.com/page/PWRCBreakingNewsDetail/0,,10111~1182464,00.html

1snowrally and 7gravelrallys, I think it´s still battle between Subaru and Mitsu, S2000 cars have advantage in tarmac. I´m dreaming of good results of S2000 cars, because N-cars are boring.

RallyfanNZ
4th December 2007, 05:11
The first five or so Group N cars in the NZ Championship are good to watch. I should put some up on youtube.

atsiotras79
4th December 2007, 08:54
I think Simone Campedelli is also doing PWRC next year.

sindroms
4th December 2007, 09:48

No more a rumours - http://www.ketomaa.com ;)

COD
4th December 2007, 10:46
No more a rumours - http://www.ketomaa.com ;)

But PCWRC program not sure yet

JAM
4th December 2007, 14:29
Armindo Araujo wants to be on PWRC again in 2008, but the last word is from the Mitsubishi Portugal and the sponsors.

COD
4th December 2007, 15:09
Is this sure?

Yes, but more probably IRC than PWRC

Tom206wrc
4th December 2007, 15:19
]Probably Stohl with Kronos 207 S2000...

Fantastic if it's true :bounce:

ITC55
4th December 2007, 17:28
i would have thought the gas powered Evo was more likely for stohl, at least then he might have a chance of OMV staying on as sponsors

Mirek
4th December 2007, 17:44
ITC55: CNG Evo is not a production car. For example it has no restrictor...

WRXedUSA
4th December 2007, 22:58
Conflicting information on the status of the container but still expect them to be putting in respectable times and gaining huge amounts of experience in Sweden.

BCE told me that Sweden is one of the events they will skip.

Gravel only was what they were shooting for.

Daniel
5th December 2007, 00:08
If only I knew what you Finns were on about. I had some guy come talk to Caroline at the rally because of my Finnish flag sticker on my car. Crazy Finns :mark:

Tomi
5th December 2007, 00:12
If only I knew what you Finns were on about. I had some guy come talk to Caroline at the rally because of my Finnish flag sticker on my car. Crazy Finns :mark:
you better hide the flag when you go to a rally, they might put numbers on your car doors.

Daniel
5th December 2007, 00:19
Never! I am proud of my Finnish roots! I've spent almost 3 weeks of my life there! ;)

c4
6th December 2007, 18:06
Mostprobable Pozzo will do the national champonship, and there isstill some possibility to do PWRC (but very difficultto work it out).

What was very clear is that he needs to complement PWRC wih something else, he faced lack of rythm this year, till he did some natinal rallies mixed wih PWRC.

Only 6 rallies in all year is very little, he did some 3 national rallies, which will a little short, are done at very high pace. It is a very competitive championship with rallies defined at the second.
Pozzo struggled to get to top 4 in National level, he got the speed but finding the pace early was difficult. (in PWRC you need to find the addcuate speed, in Arg. Champ flat out since the start)
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wrc/news/157969-0/pwrc_pozzo_to_launch_fresh_bid_next_year.html

Brother John
6th December 2007, 18:15
Tommi Mäkinen with a Group N team in P-WRC, probably with 2 Russians as driver.
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/r/pwrc-jwrc/d3/n3/d/2007/12/06/maekinen-zurueck-in-der-wm/index.html

ITC55
6th December 2007, 18:26
]ITC55: CNG Evo is not a production car. For example it has no restrictor...

Oh ok sorry about that mate, so is its pace much greater than a normal production car? i heard that he was interested in getting FIA aproval for the car

Mirek
6th December 2007, 20:20
I can't say, but the car seems to be stronger than production car. If I were FIA, I wouldn't allow a car without restrictor. At least for the future...

c4
6th December 2007, 21:20
Mark Higgins is keen to return to PWRC with Top Run, if can get budget, according to MN.

ZequeArgentina
6th December 2007, 23:57
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wrc/news/157969-0/pwrc_pozzo_to_launch_fresh_bid_next_year.html

This is great!! not only Pozzo will do PWRC in 2008, but the must have found a sponsor to found him "and a possible second car"!!!

Wow surprinsing news!! May be Nalbandian (the tennis player and co owner of Tango Team) let them more money!!!

Sometimes I am so happy to had a wrong information (and believe me, it was inside information)!!!

Wim_Impreza
12th December 2007, 08:27
I am also happy with this news. Good luck to Pozzo next year. There is no tarmac rally in the PWRC in 2008 and he has a good chance to win the championship. :)

COD
12th December 2007, 08:41
Tommi Mäkinen with a Group N team in P-WRC, probably with 2 Russians as driver.
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/r/pwrc-jwrc/d3/n3/d/2007/12/06/maekinen-zurueck-in-der-wm/index.html

I hope it will 1 Russian and Jari Ketomaa.

dumb
12th December 2007, 13:27
This is great!! not only Pozzo will do PWRC in 2008, but the must have found a sponsor to found him "and a possible second car"!!!

Wow surprinsing news!! May be Nalbandian (the tennis player and co owner of Tango Team) let them more money!!!

Sometimes I am so happy to had a wrong information (and believe me, it was inside information)!!!

Cool.I was really disappointed when you said that he will not run in PWRC 2008.But now we know that he will run.Great news.Good luck for Pozzo.He is one of the best drivers in PWRC.

ZequeArgentina
13th December 2007, 01:53
The sport director of the team has relations with my company, and he was the one with doubt about continuity in the PWRC for next year and were looking for another championship to focus besides national and regional rallying (a tourism car team), thats is why I said that.
Then Pozzo himself confirmed they are working for next year, including a teo car team.

I fear S2000 cars will put Imprezzas and Lancer in danger for 2008 PWRC. Not for the title may be, but for raw speed.

pantealex
16th December 2007, 20:07
Juho Hänninen will drive mitsubishi again, skipping argentina and turkey.

link in Finish
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/ralli/2007/12/592090

PLuto
16th December 2007, 22:57
The sport director of the team has relations with my company, and he was the one with doubt about continuity in the PWRC for next year and were looking for another championship to focus besides national and regional rallying (a tourism car team), thats is why I said that.
Then Pozzo himself confirmed they are working for next year, including a teo car team.

I fear S2000 cars will put Imprezzas and Lancer in danger for 2008 PWRC. Not for the title may be, but for raw speed.

I dont know if any S2000 car will start in PCWRC...

Tomi
17th December 2007, 10:26

Good news, hopefully Ketomaa will be there too.

ZequeArgentina
17th December 2007, 21:02
Pitty he is not coming here, he did great in 2007.
I guess it is related with costs.

He is one of the best promises from my point of view.

Tom206wrc
17th December 2007, 23:39
I dont know if any S2000 car will start in PCWRC...

I start to worry about the presence of any of them :mark:

Everyone seem to want classic GrNs again :(

Mirek
18th December 2007, 00:51
It is PRODUCTION CARS wrc, so it is all right, isn't it? :)

bstrat
18th December 2007, 00:59
Arai is driving new one for sure, planning to start from Sweden, hope to see him also in Ouninpohja!
Link to his plans:
http://www.wrc.com/page/PWRCBreakingNewsDetail/0,,10111~1182464,00.html (http://www.wrc.com/page/PWRCBreakingNewsDetail/0,,10111%7E1182464,00.html)

1snowrally and 7gravelrallys, I think it´s still battle between Subaru and Mitsu, S2000 cars have advantage in tarmac. I´m dreaming of good results of S2000 cars, because N-cars are boring.

Yep for sure. Like somons else said about the first 5 cars in the ARC are great.
But then start to get really boring. But the Fiestas and Corollas of the ARC are just awsome.

Tom206wrc
18th December 2007, 11:08
At least for Monte-Carlo two drivers are trying to enter with S2000s, "2007 polish champion" Bryan Bouffier and "2007 CIR champion" Giandomenico Basso :p :

Motorsportfun
18th December 2007, 11:49
Italian driver Simone Campedelli probably in 2008 with a Mitsubishi ;) :D

VFTS
22nd December 2007, 11:08
Eyvind Brynildsen will be in PCWRC in the 2008-season. He will do Sweden, Greece, Turkey, Finland, wales, New Zealand
http://www.norsk-rally.com/modules/module_123/proxy.aspx?D=2&C=2&I=5098

Tom206wrc
22nd December 2007, 11:27
At least for Monte-Carlo two drivers are trying to enter with S2000s, "2007 polish champion" Bryan Bouffier and "2007 CIR champion" Giandomenico Basso :p :

So no S2000s at all at Monte-Carlo finally...great !! :mark:

Mirek
22nd December 2007, 21:14
Tom206wrc: Why should they spend money for nothing? There is no competition except WRC in Monte. Just look at the entry.

Tom206wrc
23rd December 2007, 08:32
]Tom206wrc: Why should they spend money for nothing? There is no competition except WRC in Monte. Just look at the entry.

Monte-Carlo is the dreamt rally for lots of drivers(a rally appart in the championship), and Bryan Bouffier really wanted to take part to it !!! :(

Anyway competition in Corsica wasn't great neither in GrN this year and therefore Tirabassi and Sola were present in S2000 :rolleyes:

PLuto
23rd December 2007, 12:07
Monte-Carlo is the dreamt rally for lots of drivers(a rally appart in the championship), and Bryan Bouffier really wanted to take part to it !!! :(

Anyway competition in Corsica wasn't great neither in GrN this year and therefore Tirabassi and Sola were present in S2000 :rolleyes:

Monte Carlo in older version (with stages above Monte Carlo) was much nicer...

Eyvind
23rd December 2007, 13:22
Eyvind Brynildsen will be in PCWRC in the 2008-season. He will do Sweden, Greece, Turkey, Finland, wales, New Zealand
http://www.norsk-rally.com/modules/module_123/proxy.aspx?D=2&C=2&I=5098

Go Eyvind ! :D
PCWRC Champion 2008 :s mokin:

Mirek
23rd December 2007, 21:11
Martin Prokop confirmed that he will compete both in JRC and PCWRC. He will drive these rallys with his Lancer evo 9:

8. – 10. 2. Uddeholm Swedish Rally (S)
27. – 30. 3. Rally Argentina (RA)
29. 5. – 1. 6. BP Ultimate Acropolis Rally (GR)
13. – 15. 6. Rally of Turkey (TR)
28. – 31. 8. Rally of New Zealand (NZ)
28. – 30. 11. Wales Rally GB (GB)

Andrey
25th December 2007, 17:40
Moscow driver Evgeniy Aksakov (3rd in Russian Rally Championship 2006) will start in PC WRC on the Lancer Evo IX of Rubicone Corse team

atsiotras79
25th December 2007, 17:53
Moscow driver Evgeniy Aksakov (3rd in Russian Rally Championship 2006) will start in PC WRC on the Lancer Evo IX of Rubicone Corse team

Yes, he and Campedelli will most probably do 5 European rounds and Argentina.

HaCo
25th December 2007, 19:17
I've read in a belgian magazine, that MG would do some PWRC events with its S2000... :)

dumb
25th December 2007, 23:59

Sorry.Maybe I missed this info.Will Evgenyi Novikov compete in PWRC 2008?

havk
27th December 2007, 12:54
BTW Don't you think that lack of any tarmac round in pcwrc calendar is a scandal? It makes championship boring. There should be at least one for example Deutchland or Corsica.

Tom206wrc
27th December 2007, 14:08
BTW Don't you think that lack of any tarmac round in pcwrc calendar is a scandal? It makes championship boring. There should be at least one for example Deutchland or Corsica.

Well, GrN cars don't shine a lot on tarmac anyways... :rolleyes:

ZequeArgentina
27th December 2007, 16:23
No asphalt is a bad thing to PWRC. There should be, even if group N cars are not good ther. And S2000 are far better in tarmac than usual group N machinery.

I insist, FIA should increase group N restrictor size in order to keep competitivenes with S2000 cars (and by the way make group N cars look faster, and sound a little better dueto higher rev. engines)

c4
27th December 2007, 16:34
Any news on the following: Kuzaj, Flodin, Vojtech, Rauam, Al Attiyah, Aigner, Taguchi, Nutahara, Block, Alen, Sohlberg and Stohl.

SubaruNorway
27th December 2007, 16:38
Flodin needs a new co-driver since the old one went to Anders Grøndal, don't think Ken Block has mentioned anything doing the PWRC, Alen is running the IRC in a S2000 right?

havk
27th December 2007, 17:08
Kuzaj after worst season in his carrier is trying to collect budget. He will start in Polish Rally Championship for sure, but he said it will be very hard to find budget for pcwrc starts. If he didn't find budget, he would take part in several rounds in N-group car or in Subaru Impreza WRC.

Jaanus
27th December 2007, 17:31
Martin Rauam will continue in PWRC with TopRun Racing Mitsubishi Lancer.

http://www.rally.ee/?a=a009&b=6184

ProRally
27th December 2007, 18:23
Arai already entered Swedish but with Glenn McNeal as co, not Tony Sircombe anymore...
Nasser Al Athiya also entered Swedish with Chris Patterson

WRXedUSA
27th December 2007, 18:34
Any news on the following: Kuzaj, Flodin, Vojtech, Rauam, Al Attiyah, Aigner, Taguchi, Nutahara, Block, Alen, Sohlberg and Stohl.

Block was hoping if things worked out right, to compete in the full NZ championship in 2008 if I remember him saying right, which might include the PWRC round. Look for him to start taking stage victories!

That's too bad about Tony Sircombe, we'll miss him out there! Is Glenn doing a full schedule with Emma this year?

Timole
27th December 2007, 18:38
Block was hoping if things worked out right, to compete in the full NZ championship in 2008 if I remember him saying right, which might include the PWRC round. Look for him to start taking stage victories!

That's too bad about Tony Sircombe, we'll miss him out there! Is Glenn doing a full schedule with Emma this year?

Glenn is nominated as a co-driver for Arai in Sweden.

JAM
28th December 2007, 02:06
When is the date to close the entries to PWRC?

Rally Hokkaido
28th December 2007, 04:17
It was 15 December, but historically there always seems to be allowance for late registration.

COD
29th December 2007, 20:03
Sohlberg has entered Finnish championship, unlikely that he will do PWRC

Filip
31st December 2007, 10:37
Martin Rauam will continue in PWRC with TopRun Racing Mitsubishi Lancer.

http://www.rally.ee/?a=a009&b=6184

Does that mean he will drive an Evo X on some events in the second part of the season?

Jaanus
31st December 2007, 10:58
The article says TopRun Racing will develop the new EVO X and will use it as soon as it is homologated. It is not expected to be ready until second half of the season.

ZequeArgentina
2nd January 2008, 17:21
Cool.I was really disappointed when you said that he will not run in PWRC 2008.But now we know that he will run.Great news.Good luck for Pozzo.He is one of the best drivers in PWRC.

Unfortunately my sources were right.
Just before the end of 2007, the Tango Team formally confirmed that the still have not gathered the budget for Pozzo program. There are very high possibilities that he will NOT do 2008 PWRC (link, only in spanish: http://www.rallynoticias.com/demo/nivel2.php?id_noticia=344 )

I am sad to have had the right sources.

EV

ProRally
2nd January 2008, 17:32
Team Arai entered Swedish Rally for Arai
Subaru Russia entered Swedish Rally for Vertunov
QMMF entered Swedish Rally for Nasser
Motoring Club entered Swedish Rally for Ketomaa
Motoring Club entered Swedish Rally for Tiipana
Red Bul Rallye Team entered Swedish Rally for Aigner
Red Bul Rallye Team entered Swedish Rally for Sousa
Scuderia Rubicone Corse entered Swedish Rally for Campedelli
Martin Prokop entered Swedish Rally
Ralliart Italy entered Swedish Rally for Araujo

still tomorow to enter first PWRC event

who is there but not doing Swedish ?
Raum ?

who is in PWRC but skipping Swedish ?
Higgins ?
Kuzaj ?
Flodin ?
??

Brother John
2nd January 2008, 17:44
Higgins ?
Kuzaj ?
Flodin ?
??

I think we will see in Sweden Flodin again in a Subaru wrc car. :s mokin:

SubaruNorway
2nd January 2008, 18:27
I think we will see in Sweden Flodin again in a Subaru wrc car. :s mokin:

Goten a new co-driver yet?

pantealex
2nd January 2008, 18:32
Red Wings Rally Team entered Swedish Rally for Aksakov

also maybe in PWRC
Indonesia Rally Team for Aksa in Mitsubishi

pantealex
2nd January 2008, 22:11
Juho Hänninen is also in Swedish list

Micke_VOC
3rd January 2008, 03:05

??

Its that Jussi Tippana the young crazy Corolla GT Driver ?

pantealex
3rd January 2008, 07:04
Its that Jussi Tippana the young crazy Corolla GT Driver ?

Yes, he is. (future champion maybe?)

jiipee64
3rd January 2008, 07:41
Jari Ketomaa Finnish Group N champion will drive PWRC 2008

Sweden
Argentina
Greece
Finland
New Zealand
Wales

Sweden and Finland with Tommi Makinen Racing
others with Motoring Club (Italy)

ProRally
3rd January 2008, 10:12
Ralliart New Zealand entered Swedish Rally for Hanninen
Indonesia Rally Team entered Swedish Rally for Aksa

Possible entry PWRC

Top Run entry for Martin Raum

Higgins ? Top Run ?
Kuzaj ?
Flodin ?

Viking
3rd January 2008, 12:50
As mentioned earlier Eyvind Brynildsen has confirmed to do PWRC 2008.
He will do Sweden, Greece, Turkey, Finland, Wales, New Zealand.
Codriver Denis Giraudet, Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 9.

http://www.eyvindbrynildsen.no/

ProRally
3rd January 2008, 16:45
PWRC 2008

Eyvind Brynildsen entered Swedish Rally

Possible entry PWRC

Motering Club entered Swedish Rally for Friserio
Errani Team entered Swedish Rally Marrini

Higgins ? Top Run ?
Kuzaj ?
Flodin entered Swedish but car TBA

atsiotras79
3rd January 2008, 16:50

Aksakov will do the same 6 rallies as Campedelli, 5 European rounds and Argentina!

Micke_VOC
3rd January 2008, 17:21
Yes, he is. (future champion maybe?)

Yes maybe, have seen some incar videos from the Corolla on his website.'

Nice attack from him...

http://www.tiippana.com/

pantealex
4th January 2008, 15:25
Uddeholm Swedish Rally will be the premiere round of the PWRC - the class for production cars with not less than 41 cars entered. Of those cars 21 will fight for World Championship points.

Source www.swedishrally.com (http://www.swedishrally.com)

Det svenska VM-rallyt är årets första deltävling i Grupp N-VM, PWRC. Till premiären kommer inte mindre än 41 förare till start, varav 21 kommer att tävla om VM-poäng.
Bland de sistnämnda återfinns fjolårsvinnaren Oscar Svedlund från Karlstad, som tillsammans med Patrik Flodin, tilldelats var sitt wild card till tävlingen.

So 19+2guest drivers=21PWRC in Sweden
I have
Aigner
Aksa (?)
Aksakov
Al-Attiyah
Arai
Araujo
Brynildsen
Campedelli
Frisiero (?)
Hänninen
Ketomaa
Marrini
Sohlberg (?)
Sousa
Tiippana (?)
Vertunov

Svedlund and Flodin =18total, so we need 3 more names atleast, because some names can be wrong.

A.F.F.
4th January 2008, 15:40
Hänninen/Ketomaa-axle will be interesting to follow. I'll put Araujo as a black horse of Rally Sweden.

pucky54
4th January 2008, 16:23
Prokop is missing

Uddeholm Swedish Rally will be the premiere round of the PWRC - the class for production cars with not less than 41 cars entered. Of those cars 21 will fight for World Championship points.

Det svenska VM-rallyt är årets första deltävling i Grupp N-VM, PWRC. Till premiären kommer inte mindre än 41 förare till start, varav 21 kommer att tävla om VM-poäng.
Bland de sistnämnda återfinns fjolårsvinnaren Oscar Svedlund från Karlstad, som tillsammans med Patrik Flodin, tilldelats var sitt wild card till tävlingen.

I have
Aigner
Aksa (?)
Aksakov
Al-Attiyah
Arai
Araujo
Brynildsen
Campedelli
Frisiero (?)
Hänninen
Ketomaa
Marrini
Sohlberg (?)
Sousa
Tiippana (?)
Vertunov

Svedlund and Flodin =18total, so we need 3 more names atleast, because some names can be wrong.

jparker
4th January 2008, 16:52

I have
Aigner
Aksa (?)
Aksakov
Al-Attiyah
Arai
Araujo
Brynildsen
Campedelli
Frisiero (?)
Hänninen
Ketomaa
Marrini
Sohlberg (?)
Sousa
Tiippana (?)
Vertunov

Why is Sohlberg in the list? He announced no PWRC in 2008.

pantealex
4th January 2008, 17:28
Prokop is missing
My mistake!

pantealex
4th January 2008, 17:39
Why is Sohlberg in the list? He announced no PWRC in 2008.
There is ? after his name. He is in entrylist with Fiat S2000, Finnish championship he will be driving with Mitsu E9. Is he in PWRC or is he out, I don´t know!

COD
5th January 2008, 17:14
There is ? after his name. He is in entrylist with Fiat S2000, Finnish championship he will be driving with Mitsu E9. Is he in PWRC or is he out, I don´t know!

He could do Swden as individual event, not necessarely whole PWRC

dumb
5th January 2008, 18:54

I have
Aigner
Aksa (?)
Aksakov
Al-Attiyah
Arai
Araujo
Brynildsen
Campedelli
Frisiero (?)
Hänninen
Ketomaa
Marrini
Sohlberg (?)
Sousa
Tiippana (?)
Vertunov

Maybe Lithuanian Vytautas Švedas?He will also compete in the rally with EVO 9.

ProRally
7th January 2008, 13:42
PWRC 2008

Eyvind Brynildsen entered Swedish Rally
Pro Race Team entered Swedish Rally for Uwe Nittel

Possible entry PWRC

Motering Club entered Swedish Rally for Friserio
Errani Team entered Swedish Rally Marrini

Higgins ? Top Run ?
Kuzaj ?
Flodin entered Swedish but car TBA

Motorsportfun
9th January 2008, 16:20
Simone Campedelli told Racingworld.it he'll doing Sweden, Argentina, Acropolis, Turkey, Finland and Wales for the PWRC championship and he'll doing Rally Italia Sardinia too.

http://www.racingworld.it/rally/notizia.php?idtitolo=4744&url=pwrc-ufficiale-simone-campedelli-nella-serie-2008-e-in-italia :D
GO SIMONE!

Tom206wrc
9th January 2008, 16:32
What about Patrik Sandell entered with a TBA GrN in Sweden WRC round ??? :confused:

MJW
9th January 2008, 16:37
What about Patrik Sandell entered with a TBA GrN in Sweden WRC round ??? :confused:
Unconfiremed but rumoured to be Peugeot S2000

Eyvind
9th January 2008, 16:44
Uwe Nittel will be in the PCWRC 2008 :) :)
He will be in Sweden, Argentina, Greece, Turkey, Finland and Wales

Tom206wrc
9th January 2008, 17:59
Unconfiremed but rumoured to be Peugeot S2000

That would be great :)

jparker
9th January 2008, 18:13

I guess this answers the question about Sholberg.
http://paradise.motorsportforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=405631&postcount=682

Andrey
10th January 2008, 23:04
17-year old (but best russian) driver Evgeniy Novikov will start in PCWRC 2008 with Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX and Subaru Impreza N14. His plan is follow: Argentina, Greece, Turkey, New Zealand, Japan and Wales.

Also i can confirm, that two other russians,Evgeniy Aksakov (Red Wings Rally Team) and Evgeniy Vertunov (Subaru Rally Team Russia) will be in PCWRC too.

Mirek
10th January 2008, 23:55
How will Novikov solve possible problems with his age?

Maui J.
11th January 2008, 00:08
17-year old (but best russian) driver Evgeniy Novikov will start in PCWRC 2008 with Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX and Subaru Impreza N14. His plan is follow: Argentina, Greece, Turkey, New Zealand, Japan and Wales.

Also i can confirm, that two other russians,Evgeniy Aksakov (Red Wings Rally Team) and Evgeniy Vertunov (Subaru Rally Team Russia) will be in PCWRC too.

Is having Evgeniy, as a first name, a prerequisite if you are a Russian rally driver and want to do the PWRC?

Looking forward to seeing young Evgeniy down this way for Rally NZ. Will he be the next wonder kid?

Happy New Year everybody as well. First post of 2008 for me. Just spent 10 great days camping, completely void of all things cyberspace, on the East Coast of the North Island, not too far from the infamous Motu stage.

Micke_VOC
11th January 2008, 15:01
Patrik Sandell are driving PWRC in Peugeot Swedens Peugeot 207 S2000.

They are the first team who will drive the hole PWRC with a S2000 car

A.F.F.
11th January 2008, 15:24
Los excellentos :up:

Tom206wrc
11th January 2008, 17:27
Let's hope other S2000s in the championship again, to stop the hegemony of the jap GrNs... :p :

Tom206wrc
11th January 2008, 17:43
http://patriksandell.com/6537.sandell_kor_vm_for_peugeot.html

:D

Viking
11th January 2008, 18:31
Flodin drives Subaru in Sweden, it is run by Belgian team SYMS Europe.
He is trying to get the money to run PWRC.
New co-driver Göran Bergsten.

http://www.patrikflodin.com

J.Lindstroem
11th January 2008, 19:07
I dunno if this has been talked about before but i read on Patriks homepage that he will drive the whole N4 season in a Peugeot 207 S2000. He will with this be the forst driver ever to compete in the whole championship with a S2000 car. Is'nt this quite big news? Discuss here please!

http://patriksandell.com/6537.sandell_kor_vm_for_peugeot.html

Tom206wrc
11th January 2008, 19:24
And still no news about Jennie-Lee Hermansson :(

feresc13
11th January 2008, 19:31
Great! It's a pitty that there are no tarmac events in PWRC, where, IMO, the S2000 are better that Gr N cars

Tomi
11th January 2008, 19:44
Flodin drives Subaru in Sweden, it is run by Belgian team SYMS Europe.

Good news, it's a good team, it will be nice fight for the PWRC win in Sweden, hopefully there will not be very cold but much of snow.

J.Lindstroem
11th January 2008, 19:48
To date the S2000 cars is as you say faster on asphalt. But i am confident that the cars will develope and be as fast if not faster in the end of 2008. At least on the faster gravelevents. We saw Anton Alén driving the Punto in a very good pace, i hope that is what we will see in the future!

Andrey
11th January 2008, 20:22
Mirek Fric [Cze]
How will Novikov solve possible problems with his age?

He have a big problem with his ages in Sweden and Finland, but haven't problem in other PCWRC countries

Mirek
11th January 2008, 20:28
As I wrote in S2000 thread I'm interested in how Peugeot works with WRC-forced Pirelli tyres...

Mirek
11th January 2008, 20:30
Thanks Andrey ;)

Tom206wrc
11th January 2008, 21:11
Anyway interesting S2000 duel in Swedish rally between Sandell and Sohlberg, even if Patrik hasn't the experience of Kristian in 4WD cars... ;)

J.Lindstroem
11th January 2008, 21:23
Yes Tom. Could be an interesting battle for sure. What car is Kristian driving at the rally?

bf1_IRL
11th January 2008, 21:47
Best of luck to Patrick, Emil and the Peugeot Sport Sweden team, good on them to take the leap :)

Looking at this year, I have concerns for Sandell & anyothers that might be doing this years PWRC in a S2000, because:

1) As mentioned previously, the lack of a tarmac round,

2) The apparent general fragility of the cars;

2a) [the Sadev gearbox]
(in the 207s, Puntos, Polos & Corollas but not in the MG if I remember correctly) (although I hope those issues have been dealt with)

3) The Acropolis :eek:

In Sweden last year I waited and waited to see Jimmy Joge on the first friday morning stage but the Pug had retired earlier along the stage, due to the gearbox. :(

I imagine that Sweden and Finland will prove to be challenging for the S2000s due to the long high speed sections and the taller final ratio needed for those bits, sacrificing time & acceleration out of some of the tighter stuff where the Evos and Imprezas might have the upper hand.
Although that said, as rightly pointed out previously Anton Alen didn't do too bad in Finland last year :)

Anyway, heres to a good fight for the 2008 PWRC Crown
:)

Mirek
11th January 2008, 23:55
bf1_IRL: I don't remember any big reliability problems of Pugs in the second half of 2007. S2000 in second half of IRC... Barum (13 cars), one retirement due to technical reasons - Solowow, Punto, engine), Sanremo (18 cars) - no retirement, Valais (7 cars): no retirement. There was a gearbox caused retirement last week on Janner rally Austria (Punto) but it was stupid banality of broken shifting string in the road section. I think that huge problems with Sadev gearboxes are history now and were just an early development issues.

Tom206wrc
12th January 2008, 08:49
By the way I thought MG engaged an S2000 for full PWRC championship too :confused:

feresc13
12th January 2008, 09:43
To date the S2000 cars is as you say faster on asphalt. But i am confident that the cars will develope and be as fast if not faster in the end of 2008. At least on the faster gravelevents. We saw Anton Alén driving the Punto in a very good pace, i hope that is what we will see in the future!

It's true, I didn't remember that data, I just remebered the 10th overall position from Solà in last Corsica Rally (1st in N4 class). It's good to see more cars than a Subaru and a Mitsu in PWRC

feresc13
12th January 2008, 09:51
In general terms, which are the main differences between a S2000 and a Group N car? I mean, power, weight...

Tom206wrc
12th January 2008, 10:23
It's true, I didn't remember that data, I just remebered the 10th overall position from Solà in last Corsica Rally (1st in N4 class). It's good to see more cars than a Subaru and a Mitsu in PWRC

Don't forget Tirabassi on an identical car who was 2nd N4 overall :p :

But we can't say there were a lot of N4 cars on list in Corsica, and corsican drivers haven't the WRC level... :mark:

I remember crazy pace of Bruno Magalhaes in his 207 on gravel(Rally Portugal 2007) ;)
But then again, not many PWRC GrN drivers :mark:

bf1_IRL
12th January 2008, 11:56
]bf1_IRL: I don't remember any big reliability problems of Pugs in the second half of 2007. S2000 in second half of IRC... Barum (13 cars), one retirement due to technical reasons - Solowow, Punto, engine), Sanremo (18 cars) - no retirement, Valais (7 cars): no retirement. There was a gearbox caused retirement last week on Janner rally Austria (Punto) but it was stupid banality of broken shifting string in the road section. I think that huge problems with Sadev gearboxes are history now and were just an early development issues.

Good, hopefully Peugeot Sport Sweden and any other S2000 crews won't experience any problems :)
Thanks for the info, I wasn't following the IRC for the latter part of the season properly :(

@Tom If its of any use, the only MG program I know of is Roy White using one on the ITRC..

jure dvorsek
12th January 2008, 12:34
In general terms, which are the main differences between a S2000 and a Group N car? I mean, power, weight...

Generally spoken:S2000 has in this year app.150 kg less than a N4 car-and this brings with better brakes and more agility on dry tarmac advantage for S2000. About power-almost the same (about 280 bhp), the main difference is that N4 car reaches this power under 4000 rpm, as S2000 needes 7000-8000 rpm.
But on a gravel this is not so obviously, so a N4 car with a fast driver can beat a S2000 car. I am talking this from experience in Italian Championship (CIR), were Andreucci was always the fastest on gravel-the only minus were technical problems with his evo9.

Mirek
12th January 2008, 13:15
Tom: MG will do any champ driver have money for ;)

feresc13: Group N has about 275-285 Hp at about 4000 and about 550+ Nm at about 3000-3500 rpm. Their weight it is some 1350-1400 kg. S2000 have some 260-280 Hp at about 8000-8500 rpm, about 250 Nm at about 6500-7000 rpm and some 1150-1200 kg. But those two classes are much more different than by engines only.

feresc13
12th January 2008, 22:58
Thanks! :up:

ProRally
13th January 2008, 09:41
Patrick Flodin entered Swedish Rally on wild card
Patrick Sandell entered Swedish Rally (first S2000 in PWRC)

Subaru Team USA ? not confirmed, Pastrana 3 events Block 3 events
Nutahara ? not confirmed but with Mitsu Ralliart and PIAA

Tom206wrc
13th January 2008, 09:47
What about rumour of Anton Alen running with the Grande Punto S2000 in PWRC ?? :confused:

ProRally
13th January 2008, 09:50
What about rumour of Anton Alen running with the Grande Punto S2000 in PWRC ?? :confused:

Just rumour, also possible to enter IRC... we can add to the list if you want, but no real indications as yet. Maybe so other forumers have more news ?

Tom206wrc
13th January 2008, 10:12
I think for IRC it's already official since a few weeks about Alen :confused:

Mirek
13th January 2008, 11:49
Yes, IRC is official for Alen.

PLuto
13th January 2008, 12:06
As I know, there havent been any plan for Alen in PCWRC. It was only dream by fans.

Andrey
13th January 2008, 12:30
To ProRally:
You miss Novikov, who will start his campain in PC WRC from Argentina

ProRally
13th January 2008, 12:34
To ProRally:
You miss Novikov, who will start his campain in PC WRC from Argentina

Thanks for the info, here you go :

Top Run entry for Martin Raum confirmed
Novikov confirmed PWRC
Subaru Team USA ? not confirmed, Pastrana 3 events Block 3 events
Nutahara ? not confirmed but with Mitsu Ralliart and PIAA

Tom206wrc
13th January 2008, 13:33
It looks like Armin Schwarz would be back in rallies with Tommi Mäkinen's team(with Subaru Impreza GrN)...but I don't know in what championship though :confused:

http://www.autoklub.pl/18485,news.html

Mirek
13th January 2008, 13:41
:D :D :D No, Tom... Armin just said that he can easily imagine Prodrive loosing WRC contract with Subaru and Tommi Mäkinen Racing replacing it.

PLuto
13th January 2008, 13:58
Leszek Kuzaj will do PCWRC with Impreza N14.

ProRally
13th January 2008, 14:25
Leszek Kuzaj will do PCWRC with Impreza N14.

Is this confirmed ? Last I heared he was looking at IRC with S2000
IF he decides for PWRC, which events ?

PLuto
13th January 2008, 14:49
Is this confirmed ? Last I heared he was looking at IRC with S2000
IF he decides for PWRC, which events ?

It isn't 100% yet, but he will be there. From beginning he wanted to miss Sweden, but I dont know his program. I have never heard about his program in IRC.

Tom206wrc
13th January 2008, 14:53
] :D :D :D No, Tom... Armin just said that he can easily imagine Prodrive loosing WRC contract with Subaru and Tommi Mäkinen Racing replacing it.

OK :laugh:

PLuto
13th January 2008, 15:09
OK :laugh:

Tom, I was trying to send you PM, but still no answer...

harriswrc
13th January 2008, 17:25
It seems that no less than 27 drivers/teams will take part to PWRC 2008!

It will be the best Production Championship ever, with many good drivers!

We are waiting for the official announcement of the teams that will compete there from FIA, after 15/1.

pantealex
13th January 2008, 18:26
Last season (2007) there was 53 different drivers driving for PWRC-points.
32 drivers got points.

pantealex
13th January 2008, 18:46
Thanks for the info, here you go :

There is 15 names, in Sweden will be 21 drivers in PWRC...

ProRally
13th January 2008, 18:58
There is 15 names, in Sweden will be 21 drivers in PWRC...

Please feel free to update and share the info...
Lots of people have been contributing.
That is the nice thing of a forum

MJW
13th January 2008, 19:05
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122563

Going back to the thread I started in November titled JRC vs. PCWRC, I suspected back then that PCWRC would be the winner. Time will tell when the full entry lists are published but I think JRC has had its day with the current cars. Maybe if they went N3, Fiesta type cars it could be a viable championship again as a bottom rung, keep the events smooth gravel and tarmac. Leave PCWRC for gravel and a natural progression.

Tomi
13th January 2008, 19:50
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122563

Going back to the thread I started in November titled JRC vs. PCWRC, I suspected back then that PCWRC would be the winner. Time will tell when the full entry lists are published but I think JRC has had its day with the current cars. Maybe if they went N3, Fiesta type cars it could be a viable championship again as a bottom rung, keep the events smooth gravel and tarmac. Leave PCWRC for gravel and a natural progression.

I would not mind if they skipped the JRC and collect instead the potential drivers to PCWRC, it would be easier to compaire the drivers, this year it will be nice to see how Sandell and others from JRC will compaire against the top guys from PCWRC.

A.F.F.
13th January 2008, 19:56
As I know, there havent been any plan for Alen in PCWRC. It was only dream by fans.

That's right.

Eyvind
16th January 2008, 11:04
Official FIA Entry List
http://www.fia.com/mediacentre/Press_Releases/FIA_Sport/2008/January/160108-02.html

Viking
16th January 2008, 12:10
Why have they been given same competition numbers in PCWRC
http://www.fia.com/mediacentre/Press_Releases/FIA_Sport/2008/January/160108-02.html
as in JWRC ??
http://www.fia.com/mediacentre/Press_Releases/FIA_Sport/2008/January/160108-01.html

Must at least be a problem in Finland?

pucky54
16th January 2008, 12:20
I think PCWRC or JWRC will start with 131 in Finland

ProRally
16th January 2008, 12:37
That is the first time we see the PWRC fully booked by now. So no more late entries possible....
As the nrs 59 and 60 are for the local ASN entries at the PWRC events.

ZequeArgentina
16th January 2008, 17:54
That is the first time we see the PWRC fully booked by now. So no more late entries possible....
As the nrs 59 and 60 are for the local ASN entries at the PWRC events.

Yep, that istrue, and this confirms my source in Tango Team was right, Pozzo did not have enough budget for 2009 PWRC.
Very sad..............

CABAIO E'LONA
17th January 2008, 04:19
Yep, that istrue, and this confirms my source in Tango Team was right, Pozzo did not have enough budget for 2009 PWRC.
Very sad..............

2008... is announced the continuation of Pozzo this year ... It is rare ..

ProRally
17th January 2008, 09:08

Look at date of article, it is 6 December 07, entries closed 15 December and it seems that Tango Team is not there....
Also surprisingly Higgings is not there...
The word is that several drivers are trying to buy/rent some entries to some events

ZequeArgentina
17th January 2008, 11:33

Early this year, in press conference he proper Ligato and Nalbandian annonced thy were struggling to gather the budget for Pozzo in 2008.

That was the same "inside Tango Team"information I got in December and post it here.
Very sad.

ProRally
17th January 2008, 13:41
....Very sad.

At least you still have a Rally Argentina after the BA fiasco last year....

CABAIO E'LONA
18th January 2008, 00:01
At least you still have a Rally Argentina after the BA fiasco last year....
100 % en Córdoba!

pantealex
18th January 2008, 11:53
28PWRC entries 2008, 19(+2guestdriver) in Sweden, what we know about rest 9crews

32 Mirco Baldacci, Subaru?
35 Evgeniy Novikov, Mitsu or Subaru?
37 Autotek, Cypros, Driver? Car?
38 Orion World Rally Team, Jordania, Driver? Car?
44 Gabako Racing Association, Hungary, Driver? Car?
54 Subaru Rally Team USA, Pastrana? Block?
56 Advan PIAA, Japan, Fumio Nutahara? Mitsu?
57 World Rally Team Estonia, Martin Rauam? Mitsu?
58 Team Sidvin India, Driver? Car?

What about driver changes in other teams after Sweden?

Jaanus
18th January 2008, 11:55
Evgeniy Novikov will drive with Subaru Impreza N14 in PWRC.
World Rally Team Estonia, only Martin Rauam and Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 9 and in the second half of the season EVO 10.

jacko
19th January 2008, 16:07
Uwe Nittel started also in the PWRC, program;
Schweden, Argentine, Greece, Turkey, Finland, Wales,
The car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX, Team: Pro Race Team
Uwe Nittel is 38 year young, second in the championship of 1996 en became a semi-works driver with Mitsibushi, he drove the legenday Charisma Group A in 1997 & 1998 on Pirelli tyres. Last serious drive was in San Remo, 2000 in a Toyota Corolla WRC. In 2005 he did some rounds in the Italian championship.

[WRCRR]
19th January 2008, 19:33
28PWRC entries 2008, 19(+2guestdriver) in Sweden, what we know about rest 9crews

What about driver changes in other teams after Sweden?

37 Spyros Pavlides, CY Autotek Subaru Impreza (N14?)
38 Amjad Farrah, HKJ + others? Orion World Rally Team Subaru Impreza (N14?)
44 Gabako Racing Association, no idea?
54 Subaru Rally Team USA, Travis Pastrana, USA and Block too?
56 Fumio Nutahara, J ADVAN-PIAA Rally Team Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X or IX
58 Naren Kumar, IND Team Sidvin India Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX

COD
19th January 2008, 22:32
Tiippana will probably do only Sweden and Finland

[WRCRR]
20th January 2008, 12:53
44 Gabor Mayer, H Gabako Racing Association Subaru Impreza N12B

pantealex
20th January 2008, 15:54
Drivers:
31 Subaru Team Arai, Japan, Toshihiro Arai
32 Mirco Baldacci Subaru
33 Martin Prokop Mitsu
34 Gianluca Linari Subaru
35 Evgeniy Novikov Subaru
36 Eyvind Brynildsen Mitsu
37 Autotek, Cypros, Spyros Pavlides Subaru
38 Orion World Rally Team, Jordania, Amjad Farrah Subaru
39 QMMF, Qatar, Nasser Saleh Al-Attiyah Subaru
40 Errani Team Group SRL, Italy, Stefano Marrini Mitsu (maybe somebody else also)
41 RedBull Rally Team1, Austria, Andreas Aigner, Germany Mitsu
42 RedBull Rally Team2, Austria, Bernardo Sousa, Portugal, Mitsu
43 Subaru Rally Team Russia, Evgeniy Vertunov
44 Gabako Racing Association, Hungary, Gabor Mayer Subaru
45 Motoring Club1, Italy, Jussi Tiippana, Finland (only Sweden and Finland at the moment) Subaru
46 Motoring Club2, Italy, Jari Ketomaa, Finland, Subaru
47 Motoring Club3, Italy, Fabio Frisiero Mitsu (maybe somebody else also)
48 Red Wings Team, Russia, Evgeniy Aksakov Mitsu
49 Scudera Rubicone Corse, Italy Simone Campedelli Mitsu
50 Ralliart Italy, Armindo Araujo, Portugal
51 Indonesia Rally Team, Subhan Aksa Mitsu
52 Ralliart New Zealand, Juho Hänninen, Finland
53 Pro Race & C Sas, Italy, Uwe Nittel, Germany, Mitsu
54 Subaru Rally Team USA, Travis Pastrana (and probably Kevin Block)
55 Peugeot Sport Sweden, Patrik Sandell
56 Advan PIAA, Japan, Fumio Nutahara Mitsu
57 World Rally Team Estonia, Martin Rauam Mitsu
58 Team Sidvin India, Naren Kumar Mitsu

Somebody missing?

JAM
22nd January 2008, 12:51
Armindo Araújo is confirmed on PWRC with a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX.

Sweden, Acropolis, Turkey, Japan, New Zeland and Wales.

WRXedUSA
23rd January 2008, 04:42
Ken Block last mentioned that he would seek to continue the NZ championship given his good success last year. He's got a deal working with Sam Murray: http://www.rallyfanz.co.nz/default.asp?articleid=36

I'm sure if Mexico came up, he'd shoot for it if Monster Energy backed him. But with Robbie Gordon (also backed by Monster) losing out on the Dakar bid, who knows what Monster's attitude towards rallying is nowdays. I think a lot of it depends on where the brand DC Shoes can be recognized since this is half a business venture as well.

I mentioned Sweden or GB to him a while back and he gave me the impression that was a bit out of reach right now.

I'm more interested in what happened to Subaru Rally Team International with the Pastrana/Kamada combo. They had a website, which I can't seem to find now...

White Sauron
23rd January 2008, 06:55
There's the new Impreza prepared by russian URT team. (Vertunov)

Service park of the first round of the Russian Rally Championship 2008, rally Ermak.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/oversauron/LA__4608.jpg

Tom206wrc
24th January 2008, 10:25
Does someone know when Sandell plan to have a test before swedish rally ??? :confused:

White Sauron
24th January 2008, 16:47
Envy, mates, we already see this monster in action! And it's a superb car really! Vertunov says it has much better handling than N13.

http://rally-ermak.ru/images/img_9572.jpg

Mirek
24th January 2008, 16:50
White Sauron: Only a small mistake, there never was something like N13 ;) It was N12, N12B and now N14.

Tom206wrc
26th January 2008, 17:53
Patrik Sandell's 207 being prepared... ;)

http://patriksandell.com/3496.mms_blogg.html

Micke_VOC
1st February 2008, 20:30
Patrik Flodins car that he will use in Sweden from SYMS Belgium.

http://patrikflodin.com/BilderAlbum/2008/080201Test/Belg1_s.jpg

WRXedUSA
1st February 2008, 20:56
Well, WRC.com reports that TP and KB are entered in PCWRC for Mexico.

That has to be a typo.

L5->R5/CR
2nd February 2008, 00:27
Well, WRC.com reports that TP and KB are entered in PCWRC for Mexico.

That has to be a typo.

Why does that have to be a typo?

DonJippo
2nd February 2008, 00:53

Is there PCWRC in Mexico this year?

WRXedUSA
2nd February 2008, 04:41

Mexico isnt on the 2008 PCWRC calendar.
http://www.fia.com/sport/Sporting_Calendars/Rally_2008/2008.html

08 - 10/02UDDEHOLM Swedish Rally
28 - 30/03Rally Argentina
29/05 - 01/06BP Ultimate Acropolis Rally
13 - 15/06Rally of Turkey
31/07 - 03/08Neste Oil Rally Finland
28 - 31/08Rally of New Zealand
24 - 26/10Rally Japan
28 - 30/11 Wales Rally GB

And, why would you pay the annual FIA championship fee if you are only going to run maximum 2 events?

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=203&desc=Nittel%20back%20in%20the%20WRC

Subaru Team USA will begin the competition on the second round, in Mexico, and will field two entries for Travis Pastrana and Ken Block, both of whom will compete in the Production category alongside a domestic championship programme in America.

L5->R5/CR
2nd February 2008, 16:22
Mexico isnt on the 2008 PCWRC calendar.
http://www.fia.com/sport/Sporting_Calendars/Rally_2008/2008.html

08 - 10/02UDDEHOLM Swedish Rally
28 - 30/03Rally Argentina
29/05 - 01/06BP Ultimate Acropolis Rally
13 - 15/06Rally of Turkey
31/07 - 03/08Neste Oil Rally Finland
28 - 31/08Rally of New Zealand
24 - 26/10Rally Japan
28 - 30/11 Wales Rally GB

And, why would you pay the annual FIA championship fee if you are only going to run maximum 2 events?

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=203&desc=Nittel%20back%20in%20the%20WRC

I hadn't looked at the PCWRC schedule.

I don't think there was ever a doubt that if Mexico was a WRC that Travis and Ken would be there doing it, PWRC round or not. They want the recce experience, and there isn't a close, "easier", event with that many kms for recce practice...

ProRally
2nd February 2008, 16:53
I hadn't looked at the PCWRC schedule.

I don't think there was ever a doubt that if Mexico was a WRC that Travis and Ken would be there doing it, PWRC round or not. They want the recce experience, and there isn't a close, "easier", event with that many kms for recce practice...

Apparantly SRTUSA has PWRC entry with 2 drivers, 3 events for Travis and 3 events for Ken.
The events they elected to miss is Swedish and Finland (same weekend as X Games 14 or close by)
Would be interesting to see how Travis and Ken do in group N and on Pirelli

crystalhubli
4th February 2008, 07:47
Drivers:
31 Subaru Team Arai, Japan, Toshihiro Arai
32 Mirco Baldacci Subaru
33 Martin Prokop Mitsu
34 Gianluca Linari Subaru
35 Evgeniy Novikov Subaru
36 Eyvind Brynildsen Mitsu
37 Autotek, Cypros, Spyros Pavlides Subaru
38 Orion World Rally Team, Jordania, Amjad Farrah Subaru
39 QMMF, Qatar, Nasser Saleh Al-Attiyah Subaru
40 Errani Team Group SRL, Italy, Stefano Marrini Mitsu (maybe somebody else also)
41 RedBull Rally Team1, Austria, Andreas Aigner, Germany Mitsu
42 RedBull Rally Team2, Austria, Bernardo Sousa, Portugal, Mitsu
43 Subaru Rally Team Russia, Evgeniy Vertunov
44 Gabako Racing Association, Hungary, Gabor Mayer Subaru
45 Motoring Club1, Italy, Jussi Tiippana, Finland (only Sweden and Finland at the moment) Subaru
46 Motoring Club2, Italy, Jari Ketomaa, Finland, Subaru
47 Motoring Club3, Italy, Fabio Frisiero Mitsu (maybe somebody else also)
48 Red Wings Team, Russia, Evgeniy Aksakov Mitsu
49 Scudera Rubicone Corse, Italy Simone Campedelli Mitsu
50 Ralliart Italy, Armindo Araujo, Portugal
51 Indonesia Rally Team, Subhan Aksa Mitsu
52 Ralliart New Zealand, Juho Hänninen, Finland
53 Pro Race & C Sas, Italy, Uwe Nittel, Germany, Mitsu
54 Subaru Rally Team USA, Travis Pastrana (and probably Kevin Block)
55 Peugeot Sport Sweden, Patrik Sandell
56 Advan PIAA, Japan, Fumio Nutahara Mitsu
57 World Rally Team Estonia, Martin Rauam Mitsu
58 Team Sidvin India, Naren Kumar Mitsu

Somebody missing?

Team Sidvin India - Naren Kumar Driving Subaru backed by TMR.

Filip
13th February 2008, 14:39
Andrej Jereb will drive Subaru Impreza for Motoring club in Argentina. :)

pantealex
16th February 2008, 06:31
Andrej Jereb will drive Subaru Impreza for Motoring club in Argentina. :)
Really?
They have already entered Frisiero and Bacco. I think Ketomaa will be 3rd driver in Argentiina!
http://www.rallyargentina.com/english/inscriptos.php entries so far

pino
16th February 2008, 09:44
Really?
They have already entered Frisiero and Bacco. I think Ketomaa will be 3rd driver in Argentiina!
http://www.rallyargentina.com/english/inscriptos.php entries so far

Frisiero is only entered by Motoringclub, the car (Mitsubishi Evo IX) is his and will be supported by G.Car Team. Motoringclub official drivers will be Ketomaa, Jereb, and Bacco ;)

WRXedUSA
17th February 2008, 15:59
Edstrom (codriver of Pastrana) has apparently hung it up. Derek Ringer is listed as codriver for the US championship in Missouri next week.

This may be reflective of the downscaled PCWRC calendar.