PDA

View Full Version : Onslow-Cole out of Team RAC

VkmSpouge
1st December 2007, 18:24
Tom Onslow-Cole won't be racing for Team RAC next season, Dick Bennetts confirmed in a press release. Read more here (http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=817).
I feel sorry for Onslow-Cole, he lacked consistency but I thought he deserved a second year with the team. I hope we see him back in another team in 2008.

the rat fan
1st December 2007, 19:06
Its a strange one to call cos i dont really think were getting the full story. I think he did well last year tho and deservers another crack in 08.

all the best to the lad

SEATFreak
1st December 2007, 19:40
I for one am shocked. I did not see that coming at all. I did not think for one moment that would be happening.

All the very best for the future Tom and hope you get a seat in a team somewhere soon.

Who now for Team RAC? Duncan Huisman? Theirs talk that WSR could do the WTCC aswell as the BTCC. Why not Duncan? Say it does come to fruition (and no I do NOT mean it will happen or it already has happened!), would their be any need for a partner for Turks in the BTCC and a different partner for Turks in the WTCC?

The mad monk
1st December 2007, 20:09
Nope,you're not getting the full story....
and neither am I.

Ed
1st December 2007, 20:11
well dick said they want to be in a position to really fight vauxhall, team halfords and seat so they need a decent driver in the second car. I would love to see Huisman in it

Captain VXR
1st December 2007, 20:25
I bet he'll get a drive somewhere :)

peewhee
1st December 2007, 20:52
So, do we take it from what is said in that statement, WSR are confirmed as doing the 2008 BTCC?

It is the way I read it!

peewhee
1st December 2007, 20:54
well dick said they want to be in a position to really fight vauxhall, team halfords and seat so they need a decent driver in the second car. I would love to see Huisman in it
I vote for Jackson!!!

I bet he'll get a drive somewhere :)
If he hasn't already got a drive!

MBailey06
1st December 2007, 21:09
Perhaps Motorbase is a possible option for Onslow-Cole?

BTCC2
1st December 2007, 22:05
This seat has now opened up very appealingly for Mat Jackson.

tisme
1st December 2007, 22:34
Perhaps Motorbase is a possible option for Onslow-Cole?

Onslow-Cole in a LEON????

VkmSpouge
1st December 2007, 23:39
So, do we take it from what is said in that statement, WSR are confirmed as doing the 2008 BTCC?

It is the way I read it!

I think it is hard to take this statement any other way.

Team RAC is committed to putting together a team capable of winning the British Touring Car Championship in 2008

After all the first step to being capable of winning the British Touring Car Championship in 2008 is to be in the 2008 British Touring Car Championship.

Allyc85
2nd December 2007, 11:37
Wow, im suprised by this one. I thought while he was abit eratic at times, Tom did a very good first year in the BTCC and definetly showed potential. I guess WSR must have someone top class to replace him.

petrolhead ben
2nd December 2007, 11:48
Wow, im suprised by this one. I thought while he was abit eratic at times, Tom did a very good first year in the BTCC and definetly showed potential. I guess WSR must have someone top class to replace him.

Onslow-cole was impressive and that first win at snetterton under pressure was a good start for him. As for being erratic he was at times, like when he had that collision with giovanardi at knockhill which the champion was very upset about if you remember.

reidy_fan
2nd December 2007, 17:39
hmmm... TOC given P45, rev.limit given his (was confirmd on the other forum before the mods deleted it), WSR planning on doing both BTCC and WTCC, Mat Jackson has a relatively new BMW and support crew/transporter.

methinks there has been a bit of backstabbing going on somewhere

The mad monk
2nd December 2007, 18:11
Interesting that my post was deleted,hadn't noticed it until you said Reidy-fan.wonder why and upon who's request?

tisme
2nd December 2007, 18:17
Interesting that my post was deleted,hadn't noticed it until you said Reidy-fan.wonder why and upon who's request?

Was that on the 'official' site?

reidy_fan
2nd December 2007, 18:44
dont know Chris, mod said it was because the thread was going off topic. since when did any thread on a forum stay 100% on topic

something is going on here

Plato 4 Title
2nd December 2007, 19:13
rev limit i didnt see your post before it was deleted on the other site. Is there any chnace you could repaet what was already said and enlighten us as to why toc is loosing his seat. i realise you may not be able to fully coment etc.

Also, what is the rumour going round that the two works 320si from this year wtcc have been bought up by jackson motorsport?

The mad monk
2nd December 2007, 19:19
All I said was that I knew nothing(mushroom),and that i had been informed I was no longer required by Jacksons

Plato 4 Title
2nd December 2007, 19:23
this just gets weirder. im wondering if jackson is jumping ship and joining up with rac bmw although i could be well wide of the mark.

back on topic - all the best to tom next year wherever he ends up racing, i heard how he strugled to get the funding for that drive last year so lets hope he is recognised.

PDS
2nd December 2007, 19:23
hmmm... TOC given P45, rev.limit given his (was confirmd on the other forum before the mods deleted it), WSR planning on doing both BTCC and WTCC, Mat Jackson has a relatively new BMW and support crew/transporter.

methinks there has been a bit of backstabbing going on somewhere

Sorry... I don't see the connection!

BDunnell
2nd December 2007, 19:29
I thought Onslow-Cole did very well in the season gone by, for a newcomer. Yes, there was the odd mistake, but nothing worth getting rid of him for — at least, not without other factors intervening.

SEATFreak
3rd December 2007, 08:33
I thought Onslow-Cole did very well in the season gone by, for a newcomer. Yes, there was the odd mistake, but nothing worth getting rid of him for — at least, not without other factors intervening.

Well I cannot remember ever move that every driver made in every lap of every round of the season but I have a full profile of his race form and I totally agree. For a newcomer, especially from the Clio's, and considering he had to race against Flash', Neal, Jase', Turner, Giovanardi and Chilton, all of whom in my opinion were better drivers than Tom, Tom I thought was quite consistent for most of the season.

Looking at my trusted standings table, for me, Tom seemed to be hovering in and around the same area of the positions and he was nearly always in the points.

I think he will me a miss certainly.

WSRfan82
3rd December 2007, 10:29
what the hell, im in shock i did not see that coming a million miles away. why get rid of tom its crazy he did a bloody good job this season to say it was his first season at that lol ok he was a bit eratic but apart from that i think he deserves another go at lest best of luck to the young fello

o well bring on the next driver lol

tyreman2
3rd December 2007, 13:06

Why not Adam Jones ? or is this another drive he won't get?

CroftPilgrim
4th December 2007, 15:21
I guess when you see the driver line ups for the other teams, WSR consider they need more experience. TOC was good, but was he good enough? Just my opinion.....

PDS
4th December 2007, 15:40
I guess when you see the driver line ups for the other teams, WSR consider they need more experience. TOC was good, but was he good enough? Just my opinion.....
Remember to ask yourself that question when his replacement is announced!

CroftPilgrim
5th December 2007, 17:00
I take it that you know who the replacement might be, PDS?

BeeJ_UK
6th December 2007, 15:43
TOC has sent me an email saying that he will be on the grid next year, no more info than that. I am just guessing that it may be the other Laccetti

cpearson
6th December 2007, 17:55
Interesting, it's not the chevy tho...