PDA

View Full Version : 80's Brat Pack movies

Hazell B
29th November 2007, 19:39
Yesterday was the 48th birthday of my favourite Brat Pack actor, Judd Nelson. It might be twenty something years ago, but I still remember the first time I saw The Breakfast Club and fell in love with John Hughes' films.

From Sixteen Candles (which I haven't seen since it came out first on TV) to The Lost Boys (not John Hughes, but a nod to his style), via Ferris of course, I've seen them all. Some of the actors are still making films, some lost it to drugs and drink, but Judd Nelson's still my favourite :)

What's your favourite 80's film?

F1nostalgic
30th November 2007, 00:21
Despite only being 17, so I missed out on the 1980s by 2 months, I have seen a few 80s films and have to say that The Breakfast Club is my favourite. Plus the theme track "Don't You (Forget About Me)" by Simple Minds is a great song. :)

A.F.F.
30th November 2007, 08:12
The Breakfast Club is a classic movie. I fell in love with Molly Ringwald what now, later on I just can't understand :D

Another favourite of mine is Young Guns. After The Platoon and Wall Street, Charlie Sheen was the greatest. What now, later on I just can't understand :D

Probably the best frames gave Phoebe Cates when she got up from the swimming pool in Fast Time at ridgemont High. :up:

Hazell B
30th November 2007, 17:07
.... Platoon ....

Johnny Depp :facelick:

Sitting in a cinema, forced to go see a septic war film, I wasn't happy about Platoon. Then Johnny Depp appeared on screen and my view changed somewhat :D That film officially changed my life :p :

A.F.F.
30th November 2007, 17:14
Oh dear.... I see the mine in front of me and yet, somehow I manage to step on it :rolleyes: :p :

Johnny didn't have too big of a role in The Platoon. Did you also notice Sherilyn with big font on his helmet?? ;)

Hazell B
30th November 2007, 17:24
It's twenty one or two years ago - to be honest I don't remember much about the film now. He was shot, called Winters or something similar and that is about it. Charlie Sheen could act in those days, too. Shame he can't now :mark: :p :

jim mcglinchey
30th November 2007, 18:59
Speaking of Oliver Stone, from which Stone scripted thriller starring Mickey Rourke is this line taken " Stanley..what the hell happened? "..." They got Connie...". amazing scene.

A.F.F.
30th November 2007, 19:07
That would be one of my favourites, Year of the Dragon. :)

Sirius
30th November 2007, 19:22
Dangerous Liasons and Fatal Attraction are two of the more memorable films of the 80's for me.

Sirius

A.F.F.
30th November 2007, 21:16
Dangerous Liasons and Fatal Attraction are two of the more memorable films of the 80's for me.

Sirius

I salute you Sirius :bounce: You're the absolute first one to cheer up Dangerous Liaisons.

Sorry folks, I feel like I've hijacked this thread but I love that movie :)

airshifter
1st December 2007, 13:06
My wife loves all the 80s brat pack type movies, John Hughes or not!

I think she's watched Valley Girl more than any movie I've every watched. It was a fun time for off the wall movies.

The Lost Boys was a weird one too. ;)

tintin
5th December 2007, 22:03
Probably the best frames gave Phoebe Cates when she got up from the swimming pool in Fast Time at ridgemont High. :up:

Although I appreciate that FTARH was a groundbreaking film, I don't think it was actually any good.