PDA

View Full Version : Alonso has Honda seat fitting [Rumour]

truefan72
29th November 2007, 17:12
http://eurosport.yahoo.com/29112007/13/alonso-honda-seat-fitting.html

Can this possibly be?

Is it a one year deal?

Has Honda made another coup with Brawn now Alonso?

does this mean that Davidson might be set for McClaren?

IMO honda had an off year in 2007 based on 2005 & 2006 the car seemed to be getting better ansd at leas was a threat to podium

If they can regain that type of form... watch out

Now How would Button and Alonso coexist?

Or has Alonso now acccpeted co-equal status with any team

( I suspect if he was trully biding his time for Ferrari in 2009 then his status with Kimi on the team or Massa -if Kimi leaves- would not be a #1 and #2 situation)

I have to say, i did not see this coming

If it is a one year deal, what would motivate honda to do such a deal

Last but not least, does Honda have that much say with Super Aguri that they can cast off RB and his disproportionate salary to Super Aguri,

What exactly is the nature of their relationship/agreement?

discuss

rabf1
29th November 2007, 17:22
This makes more sense to me than any of the other rumours. Going to Honda for 1 year would be pointless. The one year thing is not something I ever bought into. Alonso isn't going to Ferrari. If he demanded a 1 year deal from some teams, its not because he wants to be free to join Ferrari. Honda is going to win again and Alonso would be smart to get on board now. I don't think he has any reason to be concerned about Button.

29th November 2007, 17:37
He will have to hope then that Honda make a decent car for next year otherwise he's going to have a terrible year.

W8&C
29th November 2007, 18:02
He will have to hope then that Honda make a decent car for next year...Don´t underestimate the 0.6 s FA will contribute to Hondas performance :D !

...otherwise he's going to have a terrible year.We might call that „to do a JV“ in retrospect :D !

Garry Walker
29th November 2007, 18:10

Only if Ron has been drinking booze for 2 months in row.

Anyway, Alonso at Honda would be pretty interesting, it seems he, much like myself, dont rate Button very highly. Honda is probably ready to offer him big bucks and Alonso knows he is in a difficult situation, so why not get good money out of it.

rabf1
29th November 2007, 18:12
Without traction controll, I think things are going to change next year. With Ross running the show, Honda will win again. It may not be next year but it will come. MS went to Ferrari and was patient while the car evolved. Fred needs to do the same at Honda.

VX_Rules
29th November 2007, 18:15
It wasn't just Alonso that has a seat fitting...

rabf1
29th November 2007, 18:21
"It wasn't just Alonso that has a seat fitting..."

Did Michael need a new seat for the new car?

Garry Walker
29th November 2007, 18:24
The sad thing about this is that it would mark the end of Barrichellos career, I dont think he would care much about having to drive for Super Aguri

VX_Rules
29th November 2007, 18:25
:)

gloomyDAY
29th November 2007, 18:36
Fantastic! I have always been critical of the Japanese team. Now they're making the right moves and acquiring the personnel to persevere. I can't wait to see what's in store for Honda next year, that is, if FA tags along.

VX_Rules
29th November 2007, 18:38
I think it would be an unbelievable line up if they had Michael Schumacher and Fernando Alonso on the team. You dont have seat fittings for nothing do they?

If it were to happen though the whole team/factory would have to pull off an awesome car to live up to the driver standards.

rabf1
29th November 2007, 18:44
"Reacting to the Bild story, a Honda spokeswoman said: 'Fernando has not visited our factory, and Honda Racing confirmed their drivers for the 2008 season back in July.'"

VX_Rules
29th November 2007, 18:46
I'm telling you now, both Alonso and Schuey have been there for Seat Fittings. Up to you what u believe...

rabf1
29th November 2007, 18:59
Why would they need seat fittings at this point?

janneppi
29th November 2007, 20:05
The real story is probably closer to:
Alonso had to give back his Mercedes company car , he bought a second hand Honda Civic and was at a Honda dealeship trying to get them to fix the front seats that move forwards slightly when braking.

Nikki Katz
29th November 2007, 20:34
Yeah, Honda have denied this. A shame in a way, it would really have thrown silly season wide open. Looks like it's Renault or nowhere.
Then again, Red Bull keep releasing conflicting press statements about Alonso...

MrJan
29th November 2007, 20:43
I thought the Renault deal was pretty much signed before the season finished. I'd be surprised if he goes anywhere else, but F1 is all for surprises I suppose. If traction control is on the way out (I don't pay attention but someone mentioned it) Honda would be wise to keep hold of Jenson. His style is very smooth and should suit it.

passmeatissue
29th November 2007, 21:23
Alonso had to give back his Mercedes company car , he bought a second hand Honda Civic and was at a Honda dealeship trying to get them to fix the front seats that move forwards slightly when braking.

:laugh:

But he could have just turned up at Brackley and said "Hey Ross, I wonder if one of the guys could take a look at this seat for me..." :)

Seriously though, half the teams have been issuing statements that leave the door not quite shut, including Honda. It could still happen.

Valve Bounce
29th November 2007, 21:42
http://eurosport.yahoo.com/29112007/13/alonso-honda-seat-fitting.html

Can this possibly be?

discuss

I know that Ron Dennis still ows ant a test drive in a McLaren for winning one of the junior formulae, but this is wishing for the star isn't it?
As much as I'd would love to see this happen, ....................

leopard
30th November 2007, 04:11

This is good you know the superiority of driving an old civic, the flexible seat.

samuratt
30th November 2007, 09:27
It seems taht today Luis Garcia Abad was contacted by As (spanish newspaper) to confirm about this and he denien everything.

Anyway it is easy to understand why nobody will want to confirm this: honda has to drivers contracted for the 2008 seasson, like redbull :)

We will have to wait to see what happens at Reanult's meeting at the court. If they are punished as heavily as Mclaren forget about Fernando going to Renault.

what a silly seasson..

Dzeidzei
30th November 2007, 11:56
It seems taht today Luis Garcia Abad was contacted by As (spanish newspaper) to confirm about this and he denien everything.

Anyway it is easy to understand why nobody will want to confirm this: honda has to drivers contracted for the 2008 seasson, like redbull :)

We will have to wait to see what happens at Reanult's meeting at the court. If they are punished as heavily as Mclaren forget about Fernando going to Renault.

what a silly seasson..

I think a lot of these rumours originate from forums like this. If 4-5 sites quote a rumour, it starts to have a life of its own. And someone denying it only adds to the credibility.... If they deny it, there must be something going on, right?

Eventually one of these rumours is found to be true. Then someone can yell toldyouso or youhearditfrommefirst or some other bs.

Hell, based on rumours Alonso will drive for 4 teams next year and Schumi will come back. And McLaren will have 2 Finnish drivers in their 2nd car.

And still, as far as we know these are the facts: Toyota will still suck and Kimi will be wdc again.

Valve Bounce
30th November 2007, 12:38
Hey!! it took you this long to figure this out? :p :

gloomyDAY
30th November 2007, 15:16
And still, as far as we know these are the facts: Toyota will still suck and Kimi will be wdc again.
:laugh: Good one! I'll remember that as I drive to work.

Sleeper
30th November 2007, 20:59
Yeah, Honda have denied this. A shame in a way, it would really have thrown silly season wide open. Looks like it's Renault or nowhere.
Then again, Red Bull keep releasing conflicting press statements about Alonso...
Honda were denying any contact with Ross Brawn less than a week before they signed him. I still dont think this is going to happen thoug, Renault just seems to make more sense.

truefan72
30th November 2007, 21:57
hmm,

I still smell some smoke in this story

I don't take denials at face value, and adamant denials even less,
What is the harm, even from a PR standpoint, to say that you are talking to Alonso?

AJP
30th November 2007, 23:37
I'm telling you now, both Alonso and Schuey have been there for Seat Fittings. Up to you what u believe...

In what year?? and we're talking Ralf?

of course it is up to us what we believe, but if you want us to believe you, then you might want to shed a bit more light onto what your saying...?

Valve Bounce
1st December 2007, 00:35
In what year?? and we're talking Ralf?

of course it is up to us what we believe, but if you want us to believe you, then you might want to shed a bit more light onto what your saying...?

He either heard it from Elvis or Gary Ablett.

AJP
1st December 2007, 00:56
He either heard it from Elvis or Gary Ablett.

couldn't have been Ablett.. ;)

jslone
1st December 2007, 04:10
Can someone please show me some links or something regarding MS to Honda,I have not read anything about that and find it crap,but then it is a rumour.Even if Alonso goes to Honda,it will take some time for Honda to win,but if he there,they will win.

Valve Bounce
1st December 2007, 04:58
Can someone please show me some links or something regarding MS to Honda,I have not read anything about that and find it crap,but then it is a rumour.Even if Alonso goes to Honda,it will take some time for Honda to win,but if he there,they will win.

Don't forget to hang your sock out on night of Dec 24, and don't forget - you have to be really good first.

ClarkFan
1st December 2007, 18:38

Aha! The really story comes out!

The most solid piece of F1 journalism that I have seen in years. You are to be congratulated.

:p

ClarkFan

janneppi
2nd December 2007, 10:28
This is good you know the superiority of driving an old civic, the flexible seat.
It doesn't even have to be a too old Honda, unfortunately the ep3 models have that feature. :(

But seriously though.
If Alonso were to go to Honda, it would be a long term deal, I doubt Brawn would take too kindly having a high paid driver for one or two years.
I can't really se any of the team bosses who control the money be willing to do Alonso a favour.

Valve Bounce
2nd December 2007, 11:42
From what you have been saying, it would appear to me that Alonso is waiting for the outcome of the Renault hearing this week.

Garry Walker
2nd December 2007, 18:36
From what you have been saying, it would appear to me that Alonso is waiting for the outcome of the Renault hearing this week.

I agree.