PDA

View Full Version : What time does Shakdown start

brents
27th November 2007, 10:00
Hi lads new to this forum got my rally pass and ready to go. I was wondering if anybody knows what time the Shakedown starts in Swansea on Thursday.Many Thanks Brent

Elvisrally
27th November 2007, 15:32
Need to be at Swansea about 8 - 8.30 catch a bus from there to the stage. See you on the stages?????

J4MIE
27th November 2007, 18:17
Stage starts at 08:00

What are the parking arrangements? I would have thought it would be parking at Felindre where service has been for the past few years?

jbanbury
27th November 2007, 23:19
There is a park and ride system in operation running from the Swansea Bay and Ride area (SA7 0AJ) located just off Junction 45 of the M4

turves
28th November 2007, 08:34
Need to be at Swansea about 8 - 8.30 catch a bus from there to the stage.

You'll need to be there a lot earlier than that - previously the buses haven't been managed very well, and they get caught up in rush hour traffic. If you're hoping to be there for the stage start, you need to be in the queue around 7/7:15, otherwise you will miss the first 'round' of buses (last year there were only 3 buses) and last year the buses were from Felindre, this year I am assuming they are from the Service Park in Swansea.

euskalteam
28th November 2007, 08:45
And there's no parking near the shakedown stage?

The only way to go to the shakedown is on the bus?

Thanks

J4MIE
28th November 2007, 09:01

Correct. Will you be there? :)

turves
28th November 2007, 09:46

Thanks

Yes, you access the stage via a short walk (there are a couple of routes), but the buses drop you off in a housing estate, which is closed to general public by Police. The only people allowed to park in there are the buses and residents, and if you park on the main road there are signs saying your car will be towed away.

Sadly I'm not going this year, as my son was born in June, and I used all my holiday up then...! I know, I should've got my priorities right, but he's already in training to be a future WR champ...

J4MIE
28th November 2007, 10:05
If you are going, when you walk through the village after getting off the bus, keep to the left and it is a much better place to watch from :)

jbanbury
28th November 2007, 10:50
The only people allowed to park in there are the buses and residents...

and media

mullenswrc
28th November 2007, 11:54
Ive got a question regarding shakedown... Are they having a remote service area at Felidre or do the cars have to trapse back to the docks after every run? Some crews do 4 runs and its going to be hell of alot of road section for them if they have to go back to SA1.

jbanbury
28th November 2007, 12:02
Cant see anything in the media pack about a different service for shakedown .. so I suspect they will be travelling down to SA1

mullenswrc
28th November 2007, 12:35
Thats terrible. Felindre was perfect.