PDA

View Full Version : Adam Jones

PDS
23rd November 2007, 00:09
You have got feel for Adam Jones... Many people thought he was in line for the second seat at Team Dynamics!

After his results last season in the GR Asia/Team Aircool Seat Toledo, many thought he could be in line for bigger things.
Lets hope he has a possibility of getting into the second works Seat drive if they decide not to run Darren Turner.

The guys under the leadership of Paul Ridgeway did a fantastic job on such a small budget. Lets hope we see Adam and GR Asia back in 2008, even though they may not be together!

Les
23rd November 2007, 06:23
Adam certainly deserves a top seat - he has the ability to be a championship contender. I would love to see him out there beating everybody :)

VkmSpouge
23rd November 2007, 16:32
Both Adam Jones and Mat Jackson deserved to get into one of the big four teams next season. If Jones or Jackson can't get in at SEAT or WSR then I hope they continue where they were last season; Jackson in his superb, family-run BMW and Jones in a GR Asia SEAT (though hopefully a Léon rather than a Toledo).

nicemms
23rd November 2007, 17:28
Adam Jones definately deserves a drive with a bigger team. He did so well last season. He did especially well at Donington where it battled with Plato for a bit, really pushed the Toledeo to the max!

m0rk
24th November 2007, 10:07
Adam Jones definately deserves a drive with a bigger team. He did so well last season. He did especially well at Donington where it battled with Plato for a bit, really pushed the Toledeo to the max!

And at Brands, until he was up on his front wheels...

Very good driving ability - I understand he has funding for 2008 secured part way through 2007?

SEATFreak
24th November 2007, 11:49
So what has become of Adam? Does this mean he is out of Team Air Cool?

If so, how come? Are Team Air Cool out of the BTCC?

Even though it means a Toledo is up for grabs, It would be sad if they are.

Dickie L'Amour
24th November 2007, 13:19
Talk about jumping to conclusions...

SEATFreak
24th November 2007, 13:43
You have got feel for Adam Jones... Many people thought he was in line for the second seat at Team Dynamics!

Lets hope he has a possibility of getting into the second works Seat drive if they decide not to run Darren Turner.

Lets hope we see Adam and GR Asia back in 2008, [b]even though they may not be together![b]

Adam certainly deserves a top seat - he has the ability to be a championship contender.

Both Adam Jones and Mat Jackson deserved to get into one of the big four teams next season.

Adam Jones definately deserves a drive with a bigger team.

Jumping to conclusions?? Yet more accusations about something I have done wrong.

Can someone please turn the record off? It's becoming annoying in it's repetitive nature.

Note how many times the words "Adam Jones", "deserves" and "top seat/big team" happens. Are the members who say those words jumping to conclusions?? Yes or no. Or is it just me that is capable of being wrong? Yes or no.

PDS said many people thought he was in line for the second seat at TD. Did those people "jump to conslusions" when they thought he was in line for the seat when all along his position with Team Air Cool next year is safe?? Yes or no.

VkmSpouge
24th November 2007, 14:41

Even though it means a Toledo is up for grabs, It would be sad if they are.

Air Cool were Adam Jones' sponsor for the past two seasons. If they and the other sponsors decide to stick with him (and hopefully give him more cash) then I see no reason why he wouldn't be back in 2008, with GR Asia.

tdb
24th November 2007, 14:50
Talk about jumping to conclusions...

Air cool engineering own the car and maybe they are not in a position to make the car and or the funding available, So..... perhaps Seatfreak isn't so wide of the mark.

SEATFreak
24th November 2007, 15:00
Air Cool were Adam Jones' sponsor for the past two seasons. If they and the other sponsors decide to stick with him (and hopefully give him more cash) then I see no reason why he wouldn't be back in 2008, with GR Asia.

Air cool engineering own the car and maybe they are not in a position to make the car and or the funding available, So..... perhaps Seatfreak isn't so wide of the mark.

Dickie would do well to learn from you two. The perfect response. That is the response I expect and deserve. Not the bile Dickie thinks. Well done Vkm and tdb. :up: :)

Am I right in thinking that funding to keep a car only lasts up to a certain time and that after a certain time they have to stump up the cash to keep it going for another x amount of months?

tisme
24th November 2007, 17:29

Not sure about 'Team Air Cool'!

I understand that Air Cool Engineering got caught-up in the Northern Rock Business and are not trading at the moment! Allegedly!

So I can’t see any money coming from them!

SEATFreak
24th November 2007, 17:57
Here's a list of their clients so they have a massive client base

http://www.aircoolmidlands.co.uk/clients.html

tdb
24th November 2007, 18:36
And your point is?

tisme
24th November 2007, 19:08
Here's a list of their clients so they have a massive client base

Very impressive.. But When someone contacts them for some products and are told the company is not trading!

Anyway, I am not getting into an argument over it! I'm just telling you what I have been told!

SEATFreak
25th November 2007, 10:37
And your point is?

My point is for people like you Northern Rock probably ranks among them.

I am assuming that is what tisme meant.

Very impressive

Thanks! I owe you one. :up: :)

Anyway, I am not getting into an argument over it! I'm just telling you what I have been told!

I wasn't ever thinking about fishing for an argument. :confused:

It's all in your head mate this idea I want to make an argument out of everything. Have a lie down and assess how benificial your low opinion of me is to you. It will do you the world of good.

VXR-4-Eva
25th November 2007, 11:50
I think Jones annoyed SEAT quite a lot last year by showing that in the right hands the toledo can be even faster than the Leon.

especially when adam was running ahead of Plato at Brands - That was supposed to be the Leons best circuit

Maybe it shows what kind of a good driver he is

SEATFreak
25th November 2007, 13:15
I think Jones annoyed SEAT quite a lot last year by showing that in the right hands the toledo can be even faster than the Leon.

especially when adam was running ahead of Plato at Brands - That was supposed to be the Leons best circuit

Maybe it shows what kind of a good driver he is

Exactly. Let us not forget Adam beat Jase' in race 1 at Donnington Park and Darren in race 2. As rainy as it was which I suspect many will point to. But fact is Adam DID come second in a race Jase' finished 5th and Adam DID come 5th in a race Darren came 6th in.

But I notice in virtually ever race Air Cool was able to do they weren't that far behind SEAT in the finishing order.

I would consider having Adam as driver. I only wish Adam was in the SCC and destined to be next seasons champion. Because next seasons SCC winner will get a drive with SEAT at a meeting the following season (2009).

KILOHMUNNS
25th November 2007, 15:37
I only wish Adam was in the SCC and destined to be next seasons champion. Because next seasons SCC winner will get a drive with SEAT at a meeting the following season (2009).

Sorry but I think this is an odd comment! I'm not sure that Adam would like to downgrade a championship to possibly win it to race for just one event in a SEAT. I think he would rather stay in BTCC, even if it is a inferior car to the SEAT, and prove himself capable again as a driver to gain that deserved factory drive.

SEATFreak
25th November 2007, 15:52
Sorry but I think this is an odd comment! I'm not sure that Adam would like to downgrade a championship to possibly win it to race for just one event in a SEAT. I think he would rather stay in BTCC, even if it is a inferior car to the SEAT, and prove himself capable again as a driver to gain that deserved factory drive.

I wasn't aware that I said I think Adam should downgrade? :confused:

As far as I am aware I said I wished he would be competing in next years SEAT Cupra Championship and would go on to win it because he would be able to drive for SEATSport UK then - albeit for one meeting. It is a new reward set for next years Championship. The Leon Cupra class will be the sole class as the old Leon Cupra class is to be phased out so everyone will be in with a shout of racing one weekend as a full works SEAT driver.

I know a driver competing in a higher series deciding to downgrade is as likely as me winning Le Mans in a Smart car but I think I am allowed to have my ideal fantasy; even if you don't think you are.

And for me Adam Jones competing with the full SEAT works squad is something of an ideal fantasy as I liked him last season very much.

tin-top fan
25th November 2007, 16:43
So rather than seeing him race in the BTCC at every race next year (battling with the works SEATS), you'd rather he raced in the cupra championship- racing in a lower quality field in the hope that he raced for 1 weekend in the BTCC in 2008 :?:

SEATFreak
25th November 2007, 17:24
So rather than seeing him race in the BTCC at every race next year (battling with the works SEATS), you'd rather he raced in the cupra championship- racing in a lower quality field in the hope that he raced for 1 weekend in the BTCC in 2008 :?:

Do you deliberately mis-interpret what I say in my post :?:

Nowhere did I intend to make any clear statement of a firm desire to see him race in the SCC - a lower quality of field - in the hope he raced for one weekend at SEAT.

A few expressed earlier in the thread the view he (Adam Jones) deserved a top seat right? Well I simply embellished that with what could be, appropriately or inapppropriately in this context, a rhetorical figure of speech. That if he were to race in the SCC as a brand new young rookie to the world of motorsport, much like Rob Huff or James Pickford was when they joined the SCC, and not a driver with a years experience in the BTCC under him, and that if he was to go on to win he would be able to realise our wishes and race for a top BTCC team.

As it is, I am perfectly aware that unless WSR decide to drop Tom Onslow Cole or SEAT decide to drop Darren Turner he ain't going to any top team.

tdb
26th November 2007, 00:11
Good to see the old MG /Seat Freak form hasn't been lost to us!

I always enjoy the laugh.

SEATFreak
26th November 2007, 08:12
Good to see the old MG /Seat Freak form hasn't been lost to us!

I always enjoy the laugh.

My pleasure. :)

MG2004
13th December 2007, 18:04
I would love to see Adam Jones in one of the "spare" BMWs - Him partnering Mat Jackson in an expanded team would be fantastic - 2 independents who could really take the fight to the big boys!

But most of all I want to see Adam do a FULL season for once!

tisme
13th December 2007, 20:13
Hopefully, now he should be in a position to do so!

tdb
13th December 2007, 20:47
I think there may be a "judgement" soon on what Adam Jones is able to do in08

Grasshopper
15th December 2007, 21:01
Adam Jones should be a driver that is given a chance in a front running car.
He has shown what he can do with an older front wheel drive car and with his rear wheel drive experience he should be considered by WSR or even motorbase.

tisme
15th December 2007, 22:00
I thought he was going to be at GR Asia in the Leon? I heard that Diesel Leons will be the cars to beat next year!

Marc W
15th December 2007, 22:12
5 Rounds clash with the BTCC next year so it's quite possible that GR Asia won't be doing the BTCC at all if they are continuing in the WTCC. They'd need a completely separate set of Mechanics to work on the car(s) something they didn't have this year which was why they missed the 3 clashing rounds. I think missing 5 rounds would make it unfeasible to compete.

VkmSpouge
15th December 2007, 22:56
5 Rounds clash with the BTCC next year so it's quite possible that GR Asia won't be doing the BTCC at all if they are continuing in the WTCC. They'd need a completely separate set of Mechanics to work on the car(s) something they didn't have this year which was why they missed the 3 clashing rounds. I think missing 5 rounds would make it unfeasible to compete.

GR Asia could compete in both places if they had enough to hire mechanics to be in both places at once. I guess it is something that Paul Ridgeway will have to decide whether GR Asia could do it well enough to maintain their relative levels of competitiveness in both series.

Marc W
15th December 2007, 23:03
Which is what I said in the post above ;) I think it's more a matter of economics, they need enough sponsorship to pay for mechanics in both series as well as enough cars, only one of the cars they ran in the BTCC this year was owned by the team and that also ran in the WTCC, the other was owned by one of the sponsors.

Grasshopper
15th December 2007, 23:21
I thought he was going to be at GR Asia in the Leon? I heard that Diesel Leons will be the cars to beat next year!

Have GR Asia said what they are doing in 2008 because to do WTCC and BTcc with the clashes of dates they would need to expand .

Diesel Leons, well have the Seat Btcc team said what they are running yet, so i do not think GR asia would know yet if there would be a diesel available to them from Seat for Adam Jones to drive.

Les
16th December 2007, 10:54

it's not 'just' mechanics - you are talking about 2 trucks, 2 sets of tools, 2 sets of spare parts - that is a big commitment

Grasshopper
16th December 2007, 11:19
it's not 'just' mechanics - you are talking about 2 trucks, 2 sets of tools, 2 sets of spare parts - that is a big commitment

That's right it is a very big commitment,and it is easy to forget that most of the teams are running a buissness, two sets of everything and being in two parts of the world at the same time on a number of occasions is a big ask of any team,let alone the point of trying to make a buissness case for doing it and making it pay.

PDS
16th December 2007, 13:10

As obviously WSR have to consider if they want to both the WTCC and the BTCC!

Let's hope that if they have to choose, they pick the BTCC over the WTCC!

tin-top fan
16th December 2007, 15:24
As obviously WSR have to consider if they want to both the WTCC and the BTCC!

Let's hope that if they have to choose, they pick the BTCC over the WTCC!

Without taking this off topic, don't WSR already have extra equipment from their A1 GP stuff though?

tdb
16th December 2007, 18:13
Without taking this off topic, don't WSR already have extra equipment from their A1 GP stuff though?

Which is for A1 GP not WTCC, so would require extra again!

But WSR have a Team sponsor in RAC/ AVIVA so there is money.

GR Asia would be relying on drivers for the money to run in both championships, which makes it an expensive drive.

redcoat
23rd December 2007, 13:58
Let's get back on topic,why has adam jones not been linked to a good drive for 2008

tdb
23rd December 2007, 16:50
Why has adam jones not been linked to a good drive for 2008?

Finances, management and a few other things i can't post on here.