PDA

View Full Version : 2008 V8 Supercars Lineups

Rollo
20th November 2007, 23:07
With Kes Weel selling up licences at the end of 2007, the Holden carve up would be expected to be messy. From what I can gather and due to reports which have been flying around like hand grenades with the pin taken out, this is how I expect things to shape up next year in the V8 Supercars - assuming Tander wins the championship.

Holden Motor Sport has been fairly active in wanting to shuffle it's contracted drivers through the pit lane. This is the most likely set of lineups for 2008 as at 21-11-07.

Holden Racing Team
1 Garth Tander
2 Mark Skaife
(HRT still hold the number 22 - Tander is expected to move to the HRT)

Tasman Motorsport
3 Jason Richards
51 Greg Murphy

Stone Brothers Racing
4 James Courtney
9 Paul Radisich
021 Shane van Ginsbergen
(SBR already supply the engineering to TKR; and are buying one of the PWR licences. Since TKR are expected to fold, their assets are probably going to be the subject of an off-market transfer)

Ford Credit Racing
5 Mark Winterbottom
6 Steven Richards

Perkins Motorsport
7 Todd Kelly
11 Jack Perkins
(Todd Kelly signed for Perkins after the Walkinshaw re-shuffle)

WPS Racing
8 Max Wilson
10 Jason Bargwanna

Dick Johnson Racing
17 Steve Johnson
18 Will Davison

Brad Jones Racing
12 Andrew Jones
21 Cameron McConville
(Brad Jones racing confirmed that they will be running Holdens in 2008)

Toll HSV
15 Rick Kelly
16 Paul Dumbrell
(again it's all change at Holden)

Britek Motorsport
25 Jason Bright
26 Alan Gurr

Gary Rogers Motorsport
33 Lee Holdsworth
34 Dean Canto

Paul Morris Motorsport
67 Paul Morris
97 Russell Ingall
(Ingall was in talks with Brad Jones Racing but eventuall signed with Paul Morris)

888 Motorsport
88 Jamie Whincup
888 Craig Lowndnes
(if Whincup or Lowndes win the their cars will be plated 1 & 888)

I am evil Homer
21st November 2007, 09:57
IMO Tander won't win the title but the team assumptions, assuming they go that way do look interesting.

HRT needs to pull it around and would have a strong line up, although Skaife has been inconsistent from the rounds I've managed to catch this year. Perkins looks interesting and could pull surprises - plus they have one of the best liveries :D

BJR....who knows in first season running the Commodore - they're a great outfit that I've got a lot of time for but it could be a struggle.

Toll looks very strong with Kelly and Dumbrell.

Ranger
26th November 2007, 09:42
Interesting... though I otherwise don't hear any V8 Supercar speculation so its all news to me.

A few things -
Where'd you hear about Tander possibly going to HRT? That one hit me out of nowhere.
I also don't see how/why Stone Brothers Racing would replace Russell Ingall with Paul Radisich. I've heard about Ingall looking elsewhere and Caltex leaving, but why would SBR, which are an upper midfield team, sign another 43-year-old driver who can't be that much if any better than Russell? assuming its not a ride-buy.

Jack Perkins, as was announced in the V8SC Tasmania coverage, has been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes and still may not be back in time for seasons start. Expect drivers like Marcus Marshall and Shane Price to still be around in some capacity as replacements.

ozrevhead
26th November 2007, 13:37
Interesting... though I otherwise don't hear any V8 Supercar speculation so its all news to me.

A few things -
Where'd you hear about Tander possibly going to HRT? That one hit me out of nowhere.
I also don't see how/why Stone Brothers Racing would replace Russell Ingall with Paul Radisich. I've heard about Ingall looking elsewhere and Caltex leaving, but why would SBR, which are an upper midfield team, sign another 43-year-old driver who can't be that much if any better than Russell? assuming its not a ride-buy.

Jack Perkins, as was announced in the V8SC Tasmania coverage, has been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes and still may not be back in time for seasons start. Expect drivers like Marcus Marshall and Shane Price to still be around in some capacity as replacements.
I read somwhere that LP said maybe Jack will ride in one of the lower comps half way next year if he's up to it....only time will tell. Poor Kid :(

Aparently a Ford driver is lured by Holden and its going to be a major suprise - dont know who so I will put it here to see if anyone knows.

millencolin
26th November 2007, 14:33
terrible news for Jack Perkins. although my driver, Marshall, has now got a good ride in teh v8's, this is not the right way for it to happen. Poor guy

Rollo
26th November 2007, 22:56
A few things -

Holden made an announcement on the HSV website that it was going to reshuffle drivers across its three teams , Motorsport News who is always the last to know published the final results of this about a fortnight ago.

Ingall signed for Paul Morris Racing which left a hole. Paul Weel racing sold off its licences; one was picked up by SBR.

SBR who already did the engineering for the failing TKR offered an off-market buyout of all assets, and assuming that SBR now have 3 licences, they'd effectively run TKR in-house... or rather absorb it plus drivers.

ozrevhead
27th November 2007, 08:22
Russel back to holden and tander to HRT has been talked about for ages

ShiftingGears
27th November 2007, 09:20
Is Paul Morris racing currently Team Sirromet wines? I don't see why Russell would leave Stone Brothers for that...

racer69
27th November 2007, 15:52
Is Ingall leaving SBR, or being pushed??

Ingall hasn't yet signed for PMM, though it looks likely

Radisich and TKR are unlikely to figure in SBR's plans for next year, it seems they will have 3 cars though, Courtney, Van Gisbergen and one other, rumoured at one stage to be Dumbrell with Autobarn money for car #9

There has been no confirmation of what is happening at HRT/Toll HSVDT or where their drivers might end up. The rumours have Tander moving to HRT, and Todd Kelly to Jack Daniels Racing. Nothing is certain though, as there are rumours Rick Kelly is trying to put together a NASCAR deal in the US.

Rollo
28th November 2007, 22:54
The formal announcement of Ingall leaving SBR came yesterday:
http://www.v8supercar.com.au/content/latest_news/32676617-Russell-Ingall-to-move-on-in-2008/

His contract expired and he left as a free-agent, so I'm assuming it's a case of either more money or itchy feet that caused the move.

ozrevhead
29th November 2007, 04:45
Question is who will take him Rollo?

John Bowe's last race this weekend - he will still do the two enduros.

We are going to have musical chairs like we have never seen before!

ozrevhead
29th November 2007, 04:46
Aparently a Ford driver is lured by Holden and its going to be a major suprise - dont know who so I will put it here to see if anyone knows.

Anyone know?

Cozzie
29th November 2007, 04:57
Anyone know?

This could be regarding the Ingall situation but the only two Ford drivers that would surprise me if they jumped ship would be Lowndes and Whincup.

ozrevhead
29th November 2007, 11:21
not ingal because it was this signing is from left field - we knew russ was going ages ago

and Whincup and Lowdes are already signed for next year

Ranger
5th December 2007, 09:45
Perkins Motorsport

(Todd Kelly signed for Perkins after the Walkinshaw re-shuffle)
That is now confirmed by Larry.

He will drive alongside Shane Price. Unfortunately this probably means no drive for Jack Perkins. Damn shame, hopefully he can pick up the pieces and rebuild a career.

millencolin
5th December 2007, 11:51
That is now confirmed by Larry.

He will drive alongside Shane Price. Unfortunately this probably means no drive for Jack Perkins. Damn shame, hopefully he can pick up the pieces and rebuild a career.

Yeah but you would think he would need at least one year off to get to grips with his disease

and its also a shame cause that means my driver, Marcus Marshall, is once again drive-less

Rollo
5th December 2007, 22:08
Unfortunately this probably means no drive for Jack Perkins. Damn shame, hopefully he can pick up the pieces and rebuild a career.

Poor ol' Jack's been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, which has curtailed his V8 Supercar drive. Pity really, I rather thought he was quite compotent and on occasion showed flashes of speed which if it had been exploited, I reckon within about 3 years he could have been up the front and sticking it to the Red and Orange Menaces.

mercury8
19th December 2007, 19:53
Yeah but you would think he would need at least one year off to get to grips with his disease

and its also a shame cause that means my driver, Marcus Marshall, is once again drive-less
Marshall has been signed by Jason Bright's Britek team.Radisich has been signed to do the enduro races with TOLL/HSV.Besnard looks like getting the SBR gig alongside Courtney and VanGisbergen.