PDA

View Full Version : Radisch!!

Ed
14th November 2007, 20:57
I so love this to happen! apprantly according to MN, Halfords have been in talk with Paul Radisch, Tom Chilton and Rickard Rydell.

I would love to see Paul back in the BTCC, its been 10 years sicne that dreaded season of his in the pug in 98!

BTCC2
14th November 2007, 21:22
And VX Racing have been holding talks with the queen...

Would be great but it seems to me that silly season is definately upon us.

SEATFreak
15th November 2007, 08:28

I quite agree.

Rikard and Paul would be a great addition (I think we will dicuss what merits Tom has at a later date!! :laugh: ) but highly unlikely.

I don't know about Paul but I think if Rikard cannot get a drive with a factory team in the WTCC I see the STCC as a possible. I don't see him doing the DTM. I don't see him doing the RTCC. I don't see him doing the BTCC. Where ele can he go other than GT's??

I am evil Homer
15th November 2007, 09:31
I can see Rydell for sure...the Rat has been driving big, havy V8s for a while now and while he's a huge talent, Rydell would perhaps slot in easier to the current BTCC.

TCuns
15th November 2007, 11:45
Would Rydell get paid if he drove for halfords????? Cos i cant imagine ric being a pay driver?

norwichsam1
15th November 2007, 12:09
Reckon there's as much chance as rydell or radisich driving for dynamics as there is of me getting the seat! Steve Neal seems to like throwing these names around, i seem to remember a certain Jenson Button being lined up to race an integra at brands a couple of years ago! Chilton seems a pretty good guess though.

CroftPilgrim
15th November 2007, 13:04

Why is it silly?

Captain VXR
15th November 2007, 16:03
*cough*http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119931*cough*

nik
15th November 2007, 16:20

Why would they do that? They've already got there two drivers. :p :

CroftPilgrim
16th November 2007, 14:06
What I meant was, why is it silly to speculate that Radisch, Rydell or Chilton could drive for Team Halfords? They're a top team in a top championship....It's quite conceivable that they could.

SEATFreak
16th November 2007, 15:21
What I meant was, why is it silly to speculate that Radisch, Rydell or Chilton could drive for Team Halfords? They're a top team in a top championship....It's quite conceivable that they could.

I am hoping someone will explain why they think it is silly to speculate but my guess is, like I do on ocassions, they could be thinking that because, in the case of Rikard and Paul they are competing in another series, why would they come back?

PDS
16th November 2007, 15:51
Never say never!

Rickard Rydell had 'serious discussions' with a BTCC team this time last year!

racer69
16th November 2007, 17:08
I am hoping someone will explain why they think it is silly to speculate but my guess is, like I do on ocassions, they could be thinking that because, in the case of Rikard and Paul they are competing in another series, why would they come back?

It's more to do with the fact that the only teams really able to afford the likes of Rydell & Radisich would be the works teams, rather than the privately run teams.

Erki
16th November 2007, 18:37
Silly season = off season speculations about drivers, teams, tracks and gird girls. :cool:

Caroline
16th November 2007, 21:59
I like reading the speculations. They amuse me, as some of them seem so unlikely and ridiculous. Sometimes they are more entertaining than some of the serious threads about actual racing....

petrolhead ben
17th November 2007, 11:43
It would be great to see but I don't think it'll happen either. I liked radisich when he was in the btcc although he never really had competitive enough cars to drive. The ford mondeos were good at first and then went off the boil and the peugeot in 1998 was pretty awful as well.
Although he did show signs of being a good driver even then. Does anyone remember oulton park in 1998 where he held off Alain Menu in a much quicker renault laguna during the pit stop phase?

Rydell could possibily come back because i don't think he's been in touring cars this season has he? He's certainly got what it takes to win races and titles as we have seen in the past.

Allyc85
17th November 2007, 12:19
Does sound a bit optimistic, maybe Neal is trying to get some attention for sponsership after losing his star man?

Allyc85
17th November 2007, 19:08
Well its not Rydell, or Radiisch.......... its Chilton whos goin to TD!!

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/btcc/news/157320-0/halfords_confirms_second_driver.html

Rollo
20th November 2007, 22:54
Radisch is like to appear in the spot vacated by Rusell Ingall who has left for Paul Morris Racing. Since SBR already provide most of the engineering for TKR and they are probably going to buy one of the ex-PWR licences, expect Stone Brothers to field three cars for 2008.

BTCC2
22nd November 2007, 22:06
Well im sure that Tom will do a good job at TH