PDA

View Full Version : Radio...oo radio...

leopard
13th November 2007, 09:42
Long before communication tools is as easy today's internet or mobile phone, radio has contributed significantly to facilitate connection on various purposes of communication, especially in the project taken place somewhere remote area or out of coverage of cables phone.

It has variants such like intercom, amateur radio, SSB, CB radio, etc the use of which according to the needs of coverage and its practicability. Is this radio still practicable in this modern era? I used to get familiar with this sort of communication and very keen on reactivating it someday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amateur_radio

Oh ... my nickname was Bobo, taken long before Vieri used the name. :)

gadjo_dilo
13th November 2007, 09:55
It's still useful to kill the boredom at work, in shops, on the bus or train, in the car, etc.
Personally, I'm disappointed by the quality of programs. Too much music and less information.

Mark
13th November 2007, 10:10
Amateur radio was before the days when more efficient means of communcation came along, it's very bandwidth inefficient :p

ArrowsFA1
13th November 2007, 12:54
Reminds me of Tony Hancock's 'The Radio Ham' - "Friends all over the world...All over the world...None in this country..." :p :

Drew
13th November 2007, 13:41
It was useful in the Falklands war, but nowadays I'm not so sure.

But it's good because we're not allowed to watch tele in the car so the radio helps to pass time :p :

leopard
14th November 2007, 02:09
It's still useful to kill the boredom at work, in shops, on the bus or train, in the car, etc.
Personally, I'm disappointed by the quality of programs. Too much music and less information.
oh ... I didn't think that AM radio still has its listener

leopard
14th November 2007, 04:51
But it's good because we're not allowed to watch tele in the car so the radio helps to pass time :p :
Drew, you are not a taxi driver, are you? ;)

btw, This is one out of thousand Arrows visits chit-chat forum :)

leopard
14th November 2007, 07:43
This might be interpreted differently.
we are kinda honored and privileged to have Arrows' post here, thanks

ArrowsFA1
14th November 2007, 12:29
:laugh: I don't find my way here often. Must have got lost and found Chit Chat by accident :p :

Drew
14th November 2007, 12:50
Drew, you are not a taxi driver, are you? ;)

No no, I just chose to go to a University town far too far from my home. The drive is around 5 and a half hours :p :

leopard
15th November 2007, 03:39
:laugh: I don't find my way here often. Must have got lost and found Chit Chat by accident :p :
I think you need to find more way here often. We have 'rubbish' more here to offer. :D :laugh:

leopard
15th November 2007, 03:47
No no, I just chose to go to a University town far too far from my home. The drive is around 5 and a half hours :p :
Five and half hours wouldn't be a problem for weekly employee class in the weekend.