PDA

View Full Version : Change at the sharp end ?

seppefan
12th November 2007, 15:35
Will 07 be the last year of Mclaren Ferrari domination.
Things must be difficult at Mclaren now with Dennis not knowing who to trust internally and seemingly having lost control. Ferrari seem strong still but more changes and no Ross may not be as good a platform as the previous one. Renault, well I do not think the Company will be happy and I wonder if they might say enough and leave the Championship.

BMW & Red Bull I feel will both be at the sharp end in 08. Honda in 09.

Are we seeing a major change at thr front?

tinchote
12th November 2007, 16:59
Things must be difficult at Mclaren now with Dennis not knowing who to trust internally and seemingly having lost control. Ferrari seem strong still but more changes and no Ross may not be as good a platform as the previous one. Renault, well I do not think the Company will be happy and I wonder if they might say enough and leave the Championship.

I'll believe it when I see it. I'm still waiting for BAR (later Honda) and Toyota to get to the front with their wonderful F1 projects. RBR started strong but then they somehow seemed to lose momemtum. It is definitely harder than it looks like :)

Hondo
12th November 2007, 17:48
All this ruckus and changing at McLaren, Ferrari, and Renault can only be good for BMW-Sauber. Perhaps foolishly, but with Brawn on board I look for Honda to progress quicker than it has previously. I would bet Red Bull is quietly looking around for another engine supplier in case the FIA comes down on Renault hard and they quit F1. Possibly Honda's move may catch the attention of Toyota and cause them to make changes in the way they go about the F1 business.

All in all, I think there will be increased parity among the teams from a technical standpoint next year and the driver's skills and abilities are going to be far more important than they have been in previous seasons.

Bring on 2008!

janneppi
12th November 2007, 17:50
I sure wish more teams would get their act together, that or the top teams could afford to loose some people to new highly paid jobs at Honda or RBR. I'd welcome almost anything that results in better seasons with more good cars on the grid.

passmeatissue
12th November 2007, 18:09
Yes, maybe if we get big rule changes for 2009 - overtaking aero, slicks - there will be a big shake-up.

I was a bit disappointed last year how each track seemed to be either a McLaren track or a Ferrari track, we didn't get as much close racing as you would have thought from the points finish at the end. Some more front runners certainly would be a big help.

ioan
12th November 2007, 21:11

BMW and Honda should first become regular race winners (last year's Hungaroring was just fluke win for Honda).

RedBull have to start finishing races first.

I don't see any of these teams regularly beating Ferrari and McLaren in the near future.

markabilly
12th November 2007, 21:26
Not much telling about ferrari--have they gone so Italian that they just go back to their old ways? Running out of gas in the pitlane? While Kimi winning a WDC was nice, but it never would have happened if FA had been theri number one, and Mac had not relied upon el choko

Is there a new breed of Italian engineers with the same attitude as at Ducati? Then maybe there is hope

wmcot
13th November 2007, 06:53

It all depends on who "gets it right" in their design. Honda is a good example - in 2004 they were pretty close to being right on - in 2007 they were nowhere near the front.