PDA

View Full Version : if williams keep nico for 2008 who would be an option for 2009?

ratonmacias
9th November 2007, 18:57
so it seems nico is already commited to williams he was announced along with nakajima for the 2008 season. so what are his prospects for 2009?

this link quotes patrick head saying they have an option on him for 2009.
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/11/04/williams-warns-mclaren-rosberg-is-ours/ if that is not true and nico is actually free for 2009 where would he go?

mclaren and ferrari will be full unless mclaren use pedro for 2008 and get nico for 2009 and on.

i would prefer that williams builds a good 2008 car and convince nico to stay put.

jso1985
9th November 2007, 19:19
If Williams can get things right back again, I'm pretty sure Rosberg will stay there, as he seems quite happy working with the team.

Stuartf12007
9th November 2007, 21:07
Hulkenburg

Valve Bounce
9th November 2007, 22:07
If Williams can get things right back again, I'm pretty sure Rosberg will stay there, as he seems quite happy working with the team.

Agreed!! probably no change for 2009 then.

jens
10th November 2007, 09:44
Rosberg may be satisfied at Williams, but unless they raise their performance level - which is very hard for a private team - he can't stay there forever and sooner or later must start thinking about getting into a genuine top team however satisfied he is at the moment. Maybe he is hoping that soon Toyota will start backing the team and that would enable them to get back to the top? But the question is, how long is it worth to wait for...

Even if McLaren signs Adrian or Heikki, I can see McLaren keeping him only for one season to get Nico after that. It looks like McLaren is mostly interested in Rosberg and will simply wait for the right moment.

ioan
10th November 2007, 11:24
this link quotes patrick head saying they have an option on him for 2009.
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/11/04/williams-warns-mclaren-rosberg-is-ours/ if that is not true and nico is actually free for 2009 where would he go?

Why shouldn't that be true?!

Honestly we are getting rather bizarre threads lately!

What about a thread along the lines:

"What should Kimi do if in reality he didn't sign for Ferrari till the end of 2009?"
We could do this with any other driver really, just to escape boredom.

:rolleyes:

Rant over.

ratonmacias
10th November 2007, 15:05
Why shouldn't that be true?!

Honestly we are getting rather bizarre threads lately!

What about a thread along the lines:

"What should Kimi do if in reality he didn't sign for Ferrari till the end of 2009?"
We could do this with any other driver really, just to escape boredom.

:rolleyes:

Rant over.

i dont trust that quote because on all the silly season threads everybody said nico was a free agent after the 2008 season. now that link says that williams has an option on nico for 2009. and i dont know about that site`s credibility.

hopefully williams does well and becomes more competitive as i really like them and nico.

ioan
10th November 2007, 17:55
i dont trust that quote because on all the silly season threads everybody said nico was a free agent after the 2008 season. now that link says that williams has an option on nico for 2009. and i dont know about that site`s credibility.

hopefully williams does well and becomes more competitive as i really like them and nico.

I see. Sorry for being too harsh on your thread.

raikk
13th November 2007, 10:43
Rosberg may be satisfied at Williams, but unless they raise their performance level - which is very hard for a private team - he can't stay there forever and sooner or later must start thinking about getting into a genuine top team however satisfied he is at the moment. Maybe he is hoping that soon Toyota will start backing the team and that would enable them to get back to the top? But the question is, how long is it worth to wait for...

Even if McLaren signs Adrian or Heikki, I can see McLaren keeping him only for one season to get Nico after that. It looks like McLaren is mostly interested in Rosberg and will simply wait for the right moment.

agreed... I think Hamilton will have a vital role in picking Mclaren's drivers from 08- the future...