PDA

View Full Version : Who/what to support revisited (with some review stuff too)

janneppi
9th November 2007, 09:09
I(and couple of others) made a thread before 07 season began to ask how the changes in drivers employees would affect how you saw the drivers and the teams you had previously supported or had a meaningfull opinion.

It thinks now is a good time to visit those thoughts in a calm, non judgemental way. :)

Kimi's move to Ferrari irked me a bit since I'm no fan of the red team.
Much to my surrise I could seperate the two, when Kimi won, I was happy for him but didn't care for the team's succes, didn't like Massa beating Kimi either.
I was a bit disappointed about Kimi's track performance in the beginning of the season but he managed to raise his level.
8/10 for Räikkönen compared to my pre-season expectations

Heikki didn't cause as much positives and struggled as well in the beginning.
His second place at Japan was a good effort
7/10 for Kovalainen compared to my pre-season expectations

Alonso then, struggled early on the track and later off the track, He stillis a fince driver, but lost bunch of my respect for his antics.
8/10 for Alonso compared to my pre-season expectations on-track
5/10 for Alonso compared to my pre-season expectations off-track

Rosberg, a positive surprise for me, almost makes me consider him a Finn. :)
11/10 for Rosberger compared to my pre-season expectations

Ranger
9th November 2007, 09:55
Rosberg, a positive surprise for me, almost makes me consider him a Finn. :)
11/10 for Rosberger compared to my pre-season expectations

For me, the jury is out on Rosberg.

He was beaten on-track and on points by Webber last year, yet Rosberg somehow became one of the best drivers in most peoples eyes this year.
Note that Rosberg's team-mate this year was someone who was beaten pretty heavily by Fisichella last time he was a full-time F1 driver - more than 5 years ago.

Wherever rain was to be seen in 2007, Rosberg managed to crash or spin out, and was pretty much nowhere before retiring if not in the pits.

So I think he did decently, nothing too spectacular though.

janneppi
9th November 2007, 09:57
The thing is, I didn't expect much from him, and he did better than that. ;)

passmeatissue
9th November 2007, 10:07
Calm and non judgemental??? Well, I'll try :)

Even Hammy supporters were pretty content with Kimi's win. At the start of the season a lot of people said he's lazy and not as technical as MS, now no-one gives Massa a prayer for next year. The way he gets a car to flow through a chicane, there should be a Kimi TV channel for his onboard.

Alonso dropped from no1 driver to no3. But still well ahead of any no 4.

A lot of people put off Hamilton by the UK media, but he was the surprise of the season. At the start, many questioned whether he needed a year's testing first. Also because his mistakes came at the end, while Kimi's came at the beginning, that made his season seem less fabulous than it was. Several amazing overtaking moves, and he didn't hit anyone the whole year.

Rosberg did what ex-rookies normally do, if they're not LH, a big improvement in year 2 to show his potential.

Hopefully Kovy will do the same.

Webber must be the most frustrated driver. Fingers crossed he will have a better car in 2008.

Vettel the find of the year, after Hammy.

ioan
9th November 2007, 11:33
8/10 for Alonso compared to my pre-season expectations on-track
5/10 for Alonso compared to my pre-season expectations off-track

I just don't get it! :rolleyes:

janneppi
9th November 2007, 11:51
Simple really, i expected Alonso to be a force to reckon with on the track, which he did relatively well, I also expect him to be a more mature driver, perhaps grown out of his tantrums we saw last year when he had problems with Renaults reliabilty, that didn't happen, quite the opposite. He IMO acted, as sniffpetrol put it, like a massive baby.

ioan
9th November 2007, 12:36
Simple really, i expected Alonso to be a force to reckon with on the track, which he did relatively well, I also expect him to be a more mature driver, perhaps grown out of his tantrums we saw last year when he had problems with Renaults reliabilty, that didn't happen, quite the opposite. He IMO acted, as sniffpetrol put it, like a massive baby.

Than you should have noted him once for on-track and once for off-track behaviour, instead he got 2 on-tracks. :p :

tinchote
9th November 2007, 12:40

I think that he's just being annoying on the fact that your second "on" should have been an "off" :)

janneppi
9th November 2007, 12:53
Ah, I should have read initial my post better, thanks ioan. ;)

SGWilko
9th November 2007, 13:01
For me, the jury is out on Rosberg.

He was beaten on-track and on points by Webber last year.

Maybe, but cut the guy some slack - Webber has been in this game longer than Nico, and it was (IIRC) Nico's rookie season last year.

ioan
9th November 2007, 14:14
Ah, I should have read initial my post better, thanks ioan. ;)

Just kidding, I was preparing to go to my dentist so I was relaxing a bit on the forums! ;)

ioan
9th November 2007, 14:15
Maybe, but cut the guy some slack - Webber has been in this game longer than Nico, and it was (IIRC) Nico's rookie season last year.

Right on it.