PDA

View Full Version : How do you often you change cell number

leopard
8th November 2007, 03:10
just curious :)

555-04Q2
8th November 2007, 05:54
Had the same cellphone number for 12 years now.

Magnus
8th November 2007, 06:31
I´ve hade the same for nine

LeonBrooke
8th November 2007, 06:38
Just got a new mobile phone, and kept the same number. I've had it since I first got a mobile, in 2004.

leopard
8th November 2007, 07:18
Had the same cellphone number for 12 years now.
I wonder that you put some of the number on your SN ? ;)

555-04Q2
8th November 2007, 08:03
I wonder that you put some of the number on your SN ? ;)

Excuse my ignorance, but what is an SN :?:

leopard
8th November 2007, 08:06
Excuse my ignorance, but what is an SN :?:
Do you know UN?. :)

GridGirl
8th November 2007, 08:28
I'm on my second number. I've had my current one for about four years and have only just about managed to remember it. :p

Donney
8th November 2007, 10:12
I've never changed my number.

Dave B
8th November 2007, 12:32
I've not changed mine since MNP was introduced, but before that I had a new number pretty much every year as I changed networks to get the best deals.

Currently I've also got a very nice number snoozing on a PAYG SIM, and if I ever get round to it I'll port it to be my main number.

Daniel
8th November 2007, 14:15
I had a good number which was nice and easy to remember back in Australia but had to let it go when I moved here :(

Drew
8th November 2007, 14:42
Whenever I get a new mobile phone, which is not often :)

Storm
8th November 2007, 15:05
Only had 2 numbers till now in 7 years....Only changed my first one when I moved back to my hometown and for the last 3 months I do not have a cell phone :)

May have to get my 3rd one in a few months though....

RaceFanStan
8th November 2007, 18:18
I usually sign a 2 year agreement with a cellphone company ...
once I fulfill my agreement I change providers & get a new cellphone ...
even though I am told I can keep the same number I always get a new number anyway. :D
BTW, almost ALL of the cellphone companies use the same towers in my area.

(Cellphone technology is constantly expanding with cellphone features improving ...
getting a new cellphone is better than trying to upgrade an old one IMO)
==========================================
I had to get my number changed recently even though I have over 1 year left on the current contract ...
a few months ago a fellow with the last name of Humphrey gave a ficticious phone number ...
I learned quickly that he had a lot of creditors & he obviously DIDN'T pay his bills ...
I learned that because the phone number he made-up was the one I had been using for several months ... :s
Mr. Humphrey's creditors called me at all hours looking for him wanting their payment ...
it was a real pain convincing them that I WASN'T Mr. Humphrey ...
(NO, my last name ISN'T anything like Humphrey)
a quick visit to my cellphone service provider & $10 later I had a new number. :D

Tomi
8th November 2007, 18:47
Same number over 10 years, here you dont have to change the number even if you change the operator, and thats good.

Hazell B
8th November 2007, 20:42
Had the same number since the day Brockman handed me my first mobile in the dim and distant past when he sold them.
I'm still pretty sure he cherry picked it out to suit my personality.

:confused:

Erki
8th November 2007, 20:58
3 numbers over 6 years. I'll probably get a new one soon.

ChrisS
8th November 2007, 22:17
I have the same number for my phone in cyprus for 7 years now

I had the same UK number for 4 years but I changed it a few months ago. I also bought 1-2 phones on ebay that came with £10 PAYG SIMs. I used the SIMs until the money ran out and then threw them away.

jens
8th November 2007, 22:33
I have had the same number since I got a cellphone - it means since May 2004.

pino
9th November 2007, 12:55
I've changed 3 mobiles in the last 4 years, and will probably get a new one next year :p : I haven't found the perfect one for my liking yet : it must have a great camera, play as good as an Ipod, and must have an 8GB intern memory :D

Daniel
9th November 2007, 12:56
I've changed 3 mobiles in the last 4 years, and will probably get a new one next year :p : I haven't found the perfect one for my liking yet : it must have a great camera, play as good as an Ipod, and must have an 8GB intern memory :D
Buy an 8gb N95 :) I like my N95 ;) Plus it's a Nokia so it actually works :p You could always buy an iPhone but you'd have to sell the pizzeria to afford one!

pino
9th November 2007, 13:01
Buy an 8gb N95 :) I like my N95 ;) Plus it's a Nokia so it actually works :p You could always buy an iPhone but you'd have to sell the pizzeria to afford one!

Too many people have that mobile...I want to be special :p :

Daniel
9th November 2007, 13:06
Too many people have that mobile...I want to be special :p :
I'll get my dads 5110 which still works fine and sticky tape an iPod to it and you can be special :p

Alexamateo
9th November 2007, 15:05
I've had the same # for 5 years and I intend to keep it forever. I sell /broker and use my # for work. I had a different # but ended up getting fired :s from my previous job (same industry). I made a decision then and there I would always use my # for work, because my customers could not get ahold of me.

Now it's my phone in my name and the company just reimburses me. I love the company I am now with, but if the worse case should happen, my customers will still be calling me and I'll just take them with me to the next job. ;)

jso1985
9th November 2007, 19:15
Changed it only once 2 years ago when my Motorola went kaput, after 1 month I bought a new cellphone to find out my cellphone company had already reverted my account and gave my number to a new user :rolleyes: