PDA

View Full Version : Buhuu, mama I don't wanna

A.F.F.
4th January 2007, 20:20
For years and years the army hair style has been similar to any other army hair style here in Finland. Short and tidy in the nutshell. Basicly it means that it should be short from the neck and should not cover your ears. Most soldiers prefer the "marine" style since it easy. I'm not sure what the protocol is for female soldiers because girls couldn't get in the army while I served.

Now, the member of Finnish parlament, Mrs. Päivi Räsänen wants to change to this code considering hair style because his son is about to serve. See, his son has beautiful, lonag and curly hair and probably both, the son and the mom hate if he had to loose it due the serving :( BUHUUU!!!!!

Surely this is a thing to be considered. :rolleyes:

****ing loser not mention about the mom.

I wonder what General Ehrnrooth had to say about this.

EuroTroll
4th January 2007, 20:25
Yes, it's terrible. In all honesty, with people like that in the Parliament, I think you should apply to be reincorporated into the Swedish Empire. Clearly you are not fit to rule yourselves. ;) :D

Tomi
4th January 2007, 20:31
She is an religious freak, i would not pay too much attention to her.

janneppi
4th January 2007, 20:34
Hah
I didn't have the shortest hair during my visit, i didn't feel like getting a "buzz cut" It was propably against the rules at times. It wasn't the best option for two week exersizes in the woods, but i didn't have any problem with it.

If my memory serves me right, Swedish "military" ;) gives the option to wear a hair net.

As for the females, they could have what ever style they choose. Some kept it short, other with a ponytail.

EuroTroll
4th January 2007, 20:37
Swedish "military" ;)

Yes, mock all you want, but they beat your ass in Vietnam!

Or something to that effect. :erm: :D

janneppi
4th January 2007, 20:40
Hey now, it was cold in Nam. :p :

A.F.F.
4th January 2007, 20:41
Yes, mock all you want, but they beat your ass in Vietnam!

Or something to that effect. :erm: :D

Now you crossed the line Studiose. We didn't lose in 'Nam. :mad: It was a tie with Swedes.

Drew
4th January 2007, 20:41
Haha hilarious, it's not like you are born with a certain amount of hair, it grows back!!

Of course here we have the royal family that join the armed forces, but you know they are far too important to actually serve in Iraq or Afghanistan like everybody else in the armed forces.

Tomi
4th January 2007, 20:54
Hah
If my memory serves me right, Swedish "military" ;) gives the option to wear a hair net.
True, but I wonder if they have to take the net off, when they sleep using their sleeping helmet. :)

Eki
4th January 2007, 21:20
That's just stupid. It will grow back within a year after the military service.

LeonBrooke
4th January 2007, 23:52

That is completely silly. Are we to take them seriously wearing hair-nets???

Mind you, I'm very proud of my medium-long hair and would object strenuously to having it cut for military purposes. I would not, however, have my mum change national policy for me on this respect.

janneppi
5th January 2007, 08:06
That is completely silly. Are we to take them seriously wearing hair-nets???

Mind you, it's not the density of the net that counts, it's the muzzle velocity that matters. :)

Erki
5th January 2007, 09:13
I thought there were no rules for hair length in army, just a matter of personal preference.

Storm
5th January 2007, 09:56
And Erki you think everyone in the Army automatically prefers the shooooort haircut ? ;)

LeonBrooke
5th January 2007, 10:22
Mind you, it's not the density of the net that counts, it's the muzzle velocity that matters. :)

Oh yes. I'd be laughing right up until I had my head blown off ;)

jim mcglinchey
5th January 2007, 13:36
Why doesnt the little s++t "get with the programme son, and come on in for the big win". Anyone remember where that line comes from?

LeonBrooke
6th January 2007, 23:48
Um... Full Metal Jacket?

jim mcglinchey
7th January 2007, 00:00
You the mannn!

LeonBrooke
7th January 2007, 00:15
Wow :) it was just a guess. I'm pleased!

FrankenSchwinn
7th January 2007, 01:35
mandatory hair cut for any army as of now:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f328/Oncle/Mr.jpg

Erki
7th January 2007, 12:34
And Erki you think everyone in the Army automatically prefers the shooooort haircut ? ;)

Sorry, your humour is still too (un)intelligent to me.