PDA

View Full Version : FGP'ers Poll - Part 2

N. Jones
7th November 2007, 17:02
This poll (if the admins could be so kind to put one up) is in regards to the engines. For now we have six in the FGP and we score them 10-8-6-5-4-3. This is in sharp contrast to drivers and chassis', which we score like so - 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1.

I am thinking of changing this but I need to know what you all think. Would you like to see the engines changed, not only in points, but in the way they are scored? Currently, we score engine points for the first one that crosses the line regardless of team. I was thinking of scoring them BY team.

For example, say you choose Red Bull-Renault as your engine. You would only score points for the first RB-Renault to cross the line (if it finishes in the top eight) and you would NOT score points for the
Factory-Renault team whatsoever.

This would cause scoring for all positions the same (10-1); which I think would make things a little more easier to understand. Plus I would increase the budget to 50 million.

So my question is - Would you agree to changing the engine scoring to per team instead of multi-team?

I just think it might make things a little more uniform and maybe a little easier to understand how engines are scored. If this sounds too confusing then you can just vote no. If it doesn't change I won't be broken up about it.

Firstgear
7th November 2007, 18:44
I don't care either way about increasing the budget to 50mil, but I like the "engine scoring per team" idea. So put me down for a yes. I'm also impressed with the amount of thought you've been putting into trying to make this competition even better.

aryan
7th November 2007, 23:35
Noooooo, please!

That's the great thing about FGP is that engines are engines. There is no Red Bull engine, it's a Renault engine and if I've picked it, I should get my points for any Renault engine.

My vote: Keep it as it is.

TEEJAY
8th November 2007, 16:23
makes sense and more interesting. I say go for it.

N. Jones
8th November 2007, 17:59
I don't care either way about increasing the budget to 50mil, but I like the "engine scoring per team" idea. So put me down for a yes. I'm also impressed with the amount of thought you've been putting into trying to make this competition even better.

If you haven't could you put you yes vote in the poll? You, me, and teejay all have said yes but so far the poll is 2-1 in favor.
Oh - I feel that if we change the engine rules it is going to change the prices so I felt that a budget increase is necessary...

Thanks.

And thanks for your words of encouragement. I guess I am partly trying to make it better and I am also better prepared this year (although I foresee a fight about McLaren's place in the chassis & engine tables!).

N. Jones
8th November 2007, 18:01
Oh - and thanks to the admin who put up the poll! :D

truefan72
8th November 2007, 18:42
so would the RB renault, the Williams Toyata, Spyker-Ferrari, and Torro Rosso Ferrari, and Super Aguri Honda, be awarded a differen budget,

I think they should and if that it was is suggested then I'm all for it, but what incentivwe would you oplace in order for folks to pick those engines rrather than the Factory toyota, ferrari, Honda, renault?

Firstgear
8th November 2007, 19:07
If you haven't could you put you yes vote in the poll? You, me, and teejay all have said yes but so far the poll is 2-1 in favor.
Oh - I feel that if we change the engine rules it is going to change the prices so I felt that a budget increase is necessary...

Thanks.

And thanks for your words of encouragement. I guess I am partly trying to make it better and I am also better prepared this year (although I foresee a fight about McLaren's place in the chassis & engine tables!).

Ok - I voted. As far as the Mac's go....I wouldn't do anything too extreme, or you'll get a situation like last year with LH and too many people spotting a potential bargain and ending up with similar picks. I would suggest putting Mac maybe one or two places cheaper than where they would've been if they wouldn't have been penalized. I say one or two cheaper, because of the chance of them being penalized again next year. It's like purchasing damaged goods, the price might be good but it might turn out not being the bargain you had hoped for. I guess the amount cheaper would depend on the likelihood of them being penalized.

N. Jones
8th November 2007, 19:36
so would the RB renault, the Williams Toyata, Spyker-Ferrari, and Torro Rosso Ferrari, and Super Aguri Honda, be awarded a differen budget,

I think they should and if that it was is suggested then I'm all for it, but what incentivwe would you oplace in order for folks to pick those engines rrather than the Factory toyota, ferrari, Honda, renault?

I would increase the budget to 50 million. And as always (except for some circumstances) the teams will be ranked according to how they finished in the constructors championship. This is where the big FGP fight is going to come from (but that is for another time).

Oh - I would name the engines thusly:

Factory-Ferrari, STR-Ferrari, Force India-Ferrari
Factory-Renault, Red Bull-Renault
Factory-Honda, Super Aguri-Honda
factory-Toyota, Williams-Toyota
Factory-Mercedes, Prodrive-Mercedes (if they become a team)
BMW-Sauber

N. Jones
8th November 2007, 19:54
Ok - I voted. As far as the Mac's go....I wouldn't do anything too extreme, or you'll get a situation like last year with LH and too many people spotting a potential bargain and ending up with similar picks. I would suggest putting Mac maybe one or two places cheaper than where they would've been if they wouldn't have been penalized. I say one or two cheaper, because of the chance of them being penalized again next year. It's like purchasing damaged goods, the price might be good but it might turn out not being the bargain you had hoped for. I guess the amount cheaper would depend on the likelihood of them being penalized.

Can we discuss McLaren after I take care of this engine rule? For one I don't want to have two topics in one place and I would rather the discussion about where McLaren should be placed in a separate thread as I believe it is going to be a heated debate! :)

Oh, and thanks for voting.

PSfan
9th November 2007, 06:27
Can we discuss McLaren after I take care of this engine rule? For one I don't want to have two topics in one place and I would rather the discussion about where McLaren should be placed in a separate thread as I believe it is going to be a heated debate! :)

Oh, and thanks for voting.

Well I really don't think their should be any debate about any issue regarding your FGP... Its your party, you pic whatever music you want to, we're just hear for the booze.

Anyway, as for the differentiating between factory and customer engines
I will be voting no. Simply, I assume the value of the engine will be based on where the best team finished anyways, I think it adds a little bit more strategy into the game, and the engines don't mirror the chassis values.

I shall repeat again, this is your game, your the one sacrificing your time to get it going, you can make the rules. But I think after the unique season we just had, I think bigger issues have been brought to the front then raising the cap, or changing how the engines are scored. I think the BIG issues might be coming up with a new way to value a rookie driver. And also determining what should happen after a teams been stripped of points after a race.

Anyway thanks again for this years FGP, looking forward to next season... :)

N. Jones
9th November 2007, 12:10
Thanks for that PS. :)

I think FGP is a little more ours than mine (hell, last time I tried to change something mid-season about ten people ripped into me). Plus I felt these changes affect everyone so I thought I would put up a vote. This way no one can complain that I didn't ask first.

The McLaren issue is going to be a big one so I thought we could discuss it first (when the time comes). Finally, I did goof on the rookie driver rates and am looking at them more carefully for next season (yes, I already have the rates set for next season except for McLaren and any open seats; except for Alonso - he is already set due to his standing in the drivers championship).

Breeze
9th November 2007, 18:47
I like the idea provided you can get branded engines cheaply enough to afford a better driver or chassis! Go for it!

N. Jones
12th November 2007, 22:26
This is starting to fall off the edge of the world....

Anyone else have something to contribute?

jso1985
12th November 2007, 22:51
If we change the rule, then we should lower the budget, if now been able to get a cheap engine, everyone will just pick Raikkonen and Hamilton plus a cheap chassis and cheap engine