PDA

View Full Version : Final Round - MotoGP Valencia

osg
2nd November 2007, 13:27
Status quo again...... Stoner smashing everyone in FP1 and currently doing it again in FP2.....

FP1 Results:

1. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 1min 33.083 secs
2. Marco Melandri ITA Honda Gresini (B) 1min 33.762 secs
3. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team (M) 1min 33.881 secs
4. Alex Barros BRA Pramac d'Antin (B) 1min 33.979 secs
5. Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 34.059 secs
6. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 1min 34.102 secs
7. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team (M) 1min 34.226 secs
8. Loris Capirossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 1min 34.242 secs
9. Colin Edwards USA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 1min 34.259 secs
10. John Hopkins USA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 34.315 secs
11. Carlos Checa SPA Honda LCR (M) 1min 34.324 secs
12. Toni Elias SPA Honda Gresini (B) 1min 34.363 secs
13. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Dunlop Yamaha Tech 3 (D) 1min 34.420 secs
14. Makoto Tamada JPN Dunlop Yamaha Tech 3 (D) 1min 34.549 secs
15. Randy de Puniet FRA Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 34.563 secs
16. Shinya Nakano JPN Konica Minolta Honda (M) 1min 34.577 secs
17. Anthony West AUS Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 35.000 secs
18. Chaz Davies GBR Pramac d'Antin (B) 1min 35.029 secs
19. Kurtis Roberts USA Team Roberts (M) 1min 35.404 secs

2006 Valencian Grand Prix:
Pole position: Valentino Rossi ITA Camel Yamaha (M) 1min 31.002secs
Fastest race lap: Loris Capirossi ITA Ducati Marlboro (B) 1min 32.924secs

Corny
2nd November 2007, 13:44
getting a bit boring, but I tell you Stoner will win it on sunday.. Pedrosa second, and Melandri or Rossi third

ChrisS
2nd November 2007, 14:48
my name is on the KR bike

hehe :D

patnicholls
2nd November 2007, 15:31
We're all on the Team Roberts bike actually.

I signed up to have Motorsport Forums on it.

Go here:

http://www.teamkr.com/index.cfm?p=bikestickers

Click 'Airbox Lid', then click the search button at the top of the pdf and look for Motorsport Forums, and there we are :D .

[I'm also on it individually, I thought about getting the forum on it after I put myself there!]

jim mcglinchey
2nd November 2007, 15:33
my name is on the KR bike

hehe :D

Good man. I think that everyone who enjoys the spectacle of MotoGP should make a samll donation to a fund to help finance the smaller competeitors. I wouldn't begrudge it.

Casey lead in the 2nd free practice but the others all closed up on him. Chris V has expressed his intent and there could be a great battle for that 4th spot in the championship.

osg
2nd November 2007, 20:44
FP2 Results: Guintoli doing the usual qualifier trick again...... why the hell does he do that??? It serves no purpose.

1. Casey Stoner Ducati 1:32.968 26
2. Sylvain Guintoli Yamaha 1:33.084 + 0.116 26
3. Dani Pedrosa Honda 1:33.150 + 0.182 28
4. Marco Melandri Honda 1:33.319 + 0.351 27
5. Chris Vermeulen Suzuki 1:33.501 + 0.533 26
6. Randy De Puniet Kawasaki 1:33.519 + 0.551 27
7. Alex Barros Ducati 1:33.541 + 0.573 23
8. Valentino Rossi Yamaha 1:33.620 + 0.652 27
9. Nicky Hayden Honda 1:33.650 + 0.682 30
10. John Hopkins Suzuki 1:33.680 + 0.712 28
11. Carlos Checa Honda 1:33.831 + 0.863 25
12. Makoto Tamada Yamaha 1:33.899 + 0.931 28
13. Colin Edwards Yamaha 1:33.972 + 1.004 26
14. Loris Capirossi Ducati 1:34.000 + 1.032 23
15. Toni Elias Honda 1:34.218 + 1.250 27
16. Shinya Nakano Honda 1:34.352 + 1.384 28
17. Anthony West Kawasaki 1:34.413 + 1.445 25
18. Kurtis Roberts Kr212V 1:35.335 + 2.367 25

Wim_Impreza
2nd November 2007, 22:05
Again a very impressive Stoner. After a mechanical problem early in the qualifying practice, Barros made an excellent 7th place. Rossi was struggling again, he goes two times out the track. I am afraid that it will be a boring MotoGP race, but we have the 125cc title fight.

Roby44
3rd November 2007, 01:11
[quote="jim mcglinchey"]Good man. I think that everyone who enjoys the spectacle of MotoGP should make a samll donation to a fund to help finance the smaller competeitors. I wouldn't begrudge it.

quote]

That is a great idea!! Things like that could have helped get Ant West onto a better bike alot earlier. There should be donation boxes at all races.

I think that The KR team deserves some credit for getting out there and having a go every race. It has to take determination and the love of the sport to keep doing it. Good on them!!

JETFX...
3rd November 2007, 07:26
Boring eh??? Only if your not a Stoner fan ;)
Personally I just cant get enough of any of the Aussies dishing out ass whoopings all round! nice to see the boot back an Aussie foot again I reckon.

Hope Casey laps em all actually :D

JETFX...
3rd November 2007, 07:30
FP2 Results: Guintoli doing the usual qualifier trick again...... why the hell does he do that??? It serves no purpose.

Er! I dont know...

1. To piss off Rossi :p :
2. To prove Dunlop make good qualifiers :eek:

Wim_Impreza
3rd November 2007, 08:21
Boring eh??? Only if your not a Stoner fan ;)
Personally I just cant get enough of any of the Aussies dishing out ass whoopings all round! nice to see the boot back an Aussie foot again I reckon.

Hope Casey laps em all actually :D

I hope that Casey can win too, but a bit more opportunity is welcome. :) I support also for the Aussies. ;)

jim mcglinchey
3rd November 2007, 14:05
Vale might now actually loose second position.........I'd be very surprised if he did though.

osg
3rd November 2007, 14:21
Nightmare end to a nightmare season for Valentino :(

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63768

And Quali results:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/oosrg/Motorsport/MotoGPValenciaQuali.jpg

The Phantom
3rd November 2007, 14:28
I didn't know about the KR sponsorship thing - I'm gonna throw in too.

Here's to an entertaining Valencia race!

1. Stoner
2. Hayden
3. Pedrosa

osg
3rd November 2007, 22:06
Oh, even though i bag Guintoli for the qualifier thing.... that's a great effort to sit 5th. But having been on qualifiers essentially the entire weekend, his race pace isn't going to be much chop..

Roby44
4th November 2007, 02:05
Vale might now actually loose second position.........I'd be very surprised if he did though.

I reckon Vale will be on the grid.

Ryder Notes: Hurting
by julian ryder, on the ground in spain
Saturday, November 03, 2007
Valentino Rossi has never missed a race in his 191-race Grand Prix career, but there is a chance that that run will come to an end tomorrow. He suffered a big crash coming out of turn one in qualifying and has three breaks in his right hand and a very sore back. He will try and ride in warm-up tomorrow.

The camber in turn one runs out very quickly and it looks as if he got in a bit hot, ran wide, the bike fishtailed violently three times and finally threw him down the road. It was a messy crash.

There are two things that might persuade Rossi to ride tomorrow, the thought of pole man Dani Pedrosa winning and taking second place in the championship off him, Valentino has never finished lower than second since his first GP year in 125s when he was ninth back in 1996. Also, Max Biaggi did 201 consecutive races.http://www.theyellowcommunity.com/images/smilies/LMAO.gifhttp://www.theyellowcommunity.com/images/smilies/LMAO.gif
You might think from a cursory glance at the grid that Nicky Hayden was in good shape on a track that he really likes. Not so. He used three qualifiers for the first time this year and took two-and-a-half seconds off his time. Before the Q-tyres went in, Nicky's tyres just weren't working and he was way down the order. You need a front row start here, and Nicky's got that but he'll need his team to perform a miracle or two between now and the end of warm-up if he is going to stand a chance of being a winner with the number-one plate.

]Random Thoughts
Carlos Checa spent the night in hospital with serious stomach pain. He checked himself out for qualifying but went back for more tests. His medication includes 'a mild laxative', something you wouldn't have thought necessary after riding a Honda V4 on qualifiers.

It's official: the tyre allocation will go up to 40 next year; 18 front and 22 rear.

The best line in the front-row press conference came from Gabor Talamcsi, the Hungarian who could become his country's first world-champion tomorrow. Asked how he would sleep tonight he replied "No problem; my motorhome is very nice".

Ranger
4th November 2007, 09:08
Rossi is understandably slowest in warm-up by almost 2 seconds... Will he race though? He's injured, off pace, and it looks like Stoner will guarantee him second in standings, by the looks of warmup (AGAIN)...

JETFX...
4th November 2007, 12:21
Also noticed that Tech 3 have announced their dropping Dunlop for next year.... hmmmm whats the bet they will run Bridgestones now also in 08 and be the Yamaha tyre setting test guinea pigs for Rossi ;)

The Phantom
4th November 2007, 14:21
Well that was not quite how it was supposed to pan out... congrats to Pedrosa and HRC, bodes well for 2008. Great result for Hopper too. Otherwise it was business as usual, apart from Rossi circulating at the back of the field in the early stages.

Now what do we do for the next 5 months?????

tha_jackal
4th November 2007, 14:30
Racing starts early March, so its only 3-4 months, considering pre-season testing too ;)

Corny
4th November 2007, 17:39
Can't believe Rossi got third, he's been clearly the better one over the whole year on Pedrosa..

osg
4th November 2007, 19:29
Thanks again to Yamaha for providing such an outstanding bike for Valencia..... Valentino must be so impressed :hmph:

Well done to Dani, that was impressive in front of the home crowd.

Ranger
5th November 2007, 05:53
I think that made it obvious that Yamaha has been as much of a problem as Michelin have been for Rossi. I have to say that was pretty harsh considering he risked aggravating a few broken bones for a point to come away with an engine failure. :\

NinjaMaster
6th November 2007, 00:44
I think that made it obvious that Yamaha has been as much of a problem as Michelin have been for Rossi. I have to say that was pretty harsh considering he risked aggravating a few broken bones for a point to come away with an engine failure. :\
I'm not entirly convinced it was mechanical. His bike shook it's head which could easily have hurt Vale's hand and he was white as a ghost when he sat down in the pits.

It was a sensational race by Dani and bodes well for he, Honda and Michelin next year. Stoner rode a typically controlled race, that he didn't quite have the pace to be with Pedrosa but kept the pressure right on him. And Hopper signed off with Suzuki with a performance that would have Kawasaki fans (like me!) salivating.

In the 250 race, de Angelis once again failed to hold onto a race winning lead. Mika Kallio was sensational and if the KTM can be this competitive from the start of 08, he will be right up there as a title contender next year. Debon's first podium was a good ride but I was disappointed Dovi couldn't finish his 250 career on the podium as he really deserved to.

The 125 ended up a real cracker after it looked like Talmacsi would run away with it but Faubel did a good job of making it an interesting race, even if some of his moves were a little borderline. It's fantastic to see more diversity in the range of nationalities winning championships and this can only be good for the sport. Also, well done to Gadea for his ride to third and not getting in the way of the 2 battling for the title.

2008 is promising to be a most exciting year. 4 months is too long to wait!

JETFX...
6th November 2007, 01:21
I noticed Casey was on soft front and rear slicks and Dani went with mediums..... I reckon that was most likely the reason for Caseys slower than usual pace. The times this year he has not done a runner can pretty much be put done to incorrect track tyre/setting choices I reckon. Betting if he had the race over again he would go with a medium rear!

Re- Rossi parking it.....Iam also not conviced it was mechanical? he seemed to go a little deep under braking the corner prior to slowing and pitting, I did not see ANY sign of a lock up/slide caused by an engine seize, or smoke etc???? more likely the combination of not making the early progress he hoped for, also he was getting updates on Dani's progress and the pain killers where wearing off.... :dozey:

JETFX...
6th November 2007, 01:24
Can't believe Rossi got third, he's been clearly the better one over the whole year on Pedrosa..

Er, obviously not....all he had to do was finish in the points 'again'
consistency won over as it should ;)