PDA

View Full Version : Best race of 2007?

Ranger
2nd November 2007, 09:11
What was it for you?

For me, Euro GP at the Nurburgring, to boot! :D

555-04Q2
2nd November 2007, 09:38
Most of the races races were good for me this year. The top 4 drivers made this a great championship with some great quali performances and exciting races.

Nurburgring was a corker though :up:

millencolin
2nd November 2007, 09:43
Nurburgring was best results wise.... but since i was at Fuji... i think that one was the best

BDunnell
2nd November 2007, 10:03
Definitely the Nürburgring.

MAX_THRUST
2nd November 2007, 12:40
Nurburgring........

No question, it had everything. Should have been red flagged and restarted with all the cars that had spun off put back in the mix.

BDunnell
2nd November 2007, 12:57
Nurburgring........

No question, it had everything.

Including, for those of us in the UK, Murray Walker back behind the microphone. Superb.

Corny
2nd November 2007, 13:40
and again: Nurburgring:d

aryan
3rd November 2007, 11:13
Fuji for me.

Nurburgring: a close second.

markabilly
3rd November 2007, 11:25
Brazil

When the money was on the table kimi delivered

Amen

ioan
3rd November 2007, 11:57
Nurburgring or Shanghai.

Tomi
3rd November 2007, 12:04
Brazil, it was the only 1 i did watch.

Sleeper
3rd November 2007, 12:07
Nurburgring or Shanghai.
For once, I agree with Ioan.

jens
3rd November 2007, 14:59
Maybe a moderator can create a poll. :)

For me it's a hard choice between Montreal, Nürburgring, Fuji and Shanghai.

winer
4th November 2007, 03:11
Braqzil definitely. Everything was on the line for all three drivers, and Kimi came through - came from behind, so to speak.

wmcot
4th November 2007, 07:13
I'd pick China. Great racing to begin with and then the plot twist of a great suspense film!

wedge
4th November 2007, 12:44
This year has been an absolute classic. Hard to make a choice.

Bahrain, Indy, Nurburgring, Magny Cours, Montreal, Shanghai, Fuji, Brazil

aryan
4th November 2007, 15:21
This year has been an absolute classic.

Indeed 2007 will go down as one of the classics in F1 history.

markabilly
4th November 2007, 18:35
2007 had one really great race-brazil- worth watching and a true world class world Champion in Kimister

otherwise, 2007 had no real classic races, no real passes for the lead, NOTHING on the track, unless you want to count choking and the off road experiences of LH complete with crane hauling as "racing"....

2007 will be remembered as the year of hypocrisy...for example the latest hot air from Hamster about rules are rules and should be enforced as such, so that if violated and the penalty gives him the WDC, so be it....all the while forgetting the bernie/max deal where the rules were not enforced and kept him in the race for the WDC that he lost when he choked...but even as we speak Bernie is on the phone with his buddies saying we got to have him as wdc, it is not good for the revenue....err sport.... to have the iceman...we got to have the golden boy...please....please.....so what if the stewards said they had no real reliable evidence to rule on....when did that ever stop us.....

So here is to year 2007, the year of hypocrisy and choking, saved only by the Kimster :beer:

stevie_gerrard
4th November 2007, 19:20
Fuji, cant beat a bit of rain :p : Nurburgring and Brazil also for drama.

jso1985
4th November 2007, 19:32
no real passes for the lead

Alonso on Massa at Nurburgring looked "real" to me, I wasn't with my PS2 pad on my hands so I guess that happened on real F1

DazzlaF1
4th November 2007, 22:00
Including, for those of us in the UK, Murray Walker back behind the microphone. Superb.

Listening to him on fivelive during that race told me how much we've missed him.

BRING BACK MURRAY!!!

As for the best race, i simply have to go for Canada, that was one afternoon that had everything, Sato overtaking Alonso has to get a mention for "moment of the season" in my opinion

wedge
5th November 2007, 00:03
2007 had one really great race-brazil- worth watching and a true world class world Champion in Kimister

otherwise, 2007 had no real classic races, no real passes for the lead, NOTHING on the track, unless you want to count choking and the off road experiences of LH complete with crane hauling as "racing"....

2007 will be remembered as the year of hypocrisy...for example the latest hot air from Hamster about rules are rules and should be enforced as such, so that if violated and the penalty gives him the WDC, so be it....all the while forgetting the bernie/max deal where the rules were not enforced and kept him in the race for the WDC that he lost when he choked...but even as we speak Bernie is on the phone with his buddies saying we got to have him as wdc, it is not good for the revenue....err sport.... to have the iceman...we got to have the golden boy...please....please.....so what if the stewards said they had no real reliable evidence to rule on....when did that ever stop us.....

So here is to year 2007, the year of hypocrisy and choking, saved only by the Kimster :beer:

....Yadda yadda yadda

Silverstone - Kimi passing Lewis

Nurburgring - Alonso passing Massa

China - Kimi passing Lewis

all passing for the lead, plus numerous and outstanding passing manoeuvres:

Lewis makes Massa look stupid in Malaysia

Heidfeld passing Alonso in Bahrain

Sato passing Alonso in Canada

Lewis and Alonso wheel to wheel in Indy

Lewis putting half the car on the grass to pass Fisi in Nurburgring

Lewis catches Kimi napping at Monza

Massa and Kubica wheel to wheel in Fuji

markabilly
5th November 2007, 00:14
Alonso on Massa at Nurburgring looked "real" to me, I wasn't with my PS2 pad on my hands so I guess that happened on real F1
not a real pass, Massa was out on the wrong set-up for the changed conditions, in such situations that is no different than bayonenting the wounded--nothing to brag about :down:

markabilly
5th November 2007, 00:21
....Yadda yadda yadda

Silverstone - Kimi passing Lewis

Nurburgring - Alonso passing Massa

China - Kimi passing Lewis

all passing for the lead, plus numerous and outstanding passing manoeuvres:

Lewis makes Massa look stupid in Malaysia

Heidfeld passing Alonso in Bahrain

Sato passing Alonso in Canada

Lewis and Alonso wheel to wheel in Indy

Lewis putting half the car on the grass to pass Fisi in Nurburgring

Lewis catches Kimi napping at Monza

Massa and Kubica wheel to wheel in Fuji

out of how many races, that is all you can come up with??

and the deal with Nurburgring and China both involved drivers being passed who had bad set-ups for conditions--putting wounded out of their misery----Yawn!!! :s nore:
and what happenned with the tire that blew...or the kitty litter...says it all

Lewis and Alonso wheel to wheel in Indy--five or less seconds of blocking.....more :s nore:

jens
5th November 2007, 17:28
What do you find so special in Brazilian Grand Prix? Except Rosberg-Kubica-Heidfeld battle and Hamilton's rise there was nothing special race-wise (yes, race itself is supposed to be rated, not the point standings). The race was simply a Ferrari procession. To rate the race as the best simply because it was the last race of the season?

ioan
5th November 2007, 18:11
What do you find so special in Brazilian Grand Prix? Except Rosberg-Kubica-Heidfeld battle and Hamilton's rise there was nothing special race-wise (yes, race itself is supposed to be rated, not the point standings). The race was simply a Ferrari procession. To rate the race as the best simply because it was the last race of the season?

Some have a shorter memory! ;)

markabilly
5th November 2007, 23:47
Some have a shorter memory! ;)
Forgive him, he like many a Hamilton fan wishes to put it all behind them......besides no one wants to remember choking, can't breathe, tears in the eyes, enough to make someone lose control and drive off the road......it is just so unpleasant, especially when it is choking on ice..... :D

aryan
6th November 2007, 02:24
Sato overtaking Alonso has to get a mention for "moment of the season" in my opinion

Seconded!

Sato's move on Alonso has to be the most surprising move of the season.

Garry Walker
6th November 2007, 12:42
Listening to him on fivelive during that race told me how much we've missed him.

BRING BACK MURRAY!!!

Why would you want to hear retarded commentary by a person who no longer has any understanding of F1.

oh yeah, go murray

---
My fav races were Shanghai (Seeing Golden Boy mess up was enjyoable), Interlagos (Ferrari wins!!!) and Fuji ("rainmaster" alonso beaten by a rookie, then puts it in the wall)

BDunnell
6th November 2007, 13:14
Why would you want to hear retarded commentary by a person who no longer has any understanding of F1.

oh yeah, go murray

---
My fav races were Shanghai (Seeing Golden Boy mess up was enjyoable), Interlagos (Ferrari wins!!!) and Fuji ("rainmaster" alonso beaten by a rookie, then puts it in the wall)

Do you think that, once in a while, you could post something that isn't unrelentingly negative? I note that two of your three 'favourite moments' of the 2007 season are to do with the misfortune of other drivers. That sort of says it all. And, again, you choose to resort to really rather unpleasant insults — calling someone 'retarded' simply isn't on.

passmeatissue
6th November 2007, 14:18
Do you think that, once in a while, you could post something that isn't unrelentingly negative? I note that two of your three 'favourite moments' of the 2007 season are to do with the misfortune of other drivers. That sort of says it all. And, again, you choose to resort to really rather unpleasant insults — calling someone 'retarded' simply isn't on.

Seconded.

Garry Walker
7th November 2007, 19:46
I knew you would pick up on this, it is quite funny how I have made you my psychological prisoner :D

Do you think that, once in a while, you could post something that isn't unrelentingly negative?
After Great Schumi retired, I no longer have a favourite driver to support, I just have a few drivers I like and a few drivers I strongly dislike. Alonso belongs to the latter and with every passing race, so does Golden Boy. Add that to the fact that they drove this year for a team that got caught CHEATING and it is easy to laugh at their bad luck.

That sort of says it all. And, again, you choose to resort to really rather unpleasant insults — calling someone 'retarded' simply isn't on.
If you want me to stop calling him that, he first needs to stop doing retarded commentary and increase the level. But at his age it is impossible already, so please Murray, go home. For your sakes.

BDunnell
7th November 2007, 20:45
I knew you would pick up on this, it is quite funny how I have made you my psychological prisoner :D

After Great Schumi retired, I no longer have a favourite driver to support, I just have a few drivers I like and a few drivers I strongly dislike. Alonso belongs to the latter and with every passing race, so does Golden Boy. Add that to the fact that they drove this year for a team that got caught CHEATING and it is easy to laugh at their bad luck.

If you want me to stop calling him that, he first needs to stop doing retarded commentary and increase the level. But at his age it is impossible already, so please Murray, go home. For your sakes.

I think you've proved my point. Glad that being the way you are amuses you, though.

Ari
8th November 2007, 03:43
Nürburgring ring for mine.

Kimi winning in Brazil under such pressure is a close 2nd.

SGWilko
8th November 2007, 15:10
not a real pass, Massa was out on the wrong set-up for the changed conditions, in such situations that is no different than bayonenting the wounded--nothing to brag about :down:

Howie Stern, in a scene from private parts, where he talks about the Vietnam war, you should watch it, and then understand that a pass is a pass. :D

markabilly
9th November 2007, 13:25
Howie Stern, in a scene from private parts, where he talks about the Vietnam war, you should watch it, and then understand that a pass is a pass. :D
I was wondering where you got your inspiration that gives you such great insight... :D

i think i will just stick to the prince

petrolhead ben
10th November 2007, 17:39
Hi guys, just to let you know i'm new to this forum so it's a case of trial and error at the moment. So please excuse me if I take a while to get the hang of things.

There were quite a few good races this year and they were all good for different reasons. Canada for the chaos and lewis's first win, nurburgring for the aquaplaning chaos and the alonso vs massa battle at the end,
and also fuji and shanghai because of the weather. One on my highlights of this year had to be kubica vs massa on the last lap of fuji. But for me nurburgring tops.

wedge
11th November 2007, 13:53
and the deal with Nurburgring and China both involved drivers being passed who had bad set-ups for conditions--putting wounded out of their misery----Yawn!!! :s nore:
and what happenned with the tire that blew...or the kitty litter...says it all

1995 Belgium GP - Schumi was on dry tyres on a wet/damp Spa and fended off Damon Hill on wets!

Forgive him, he like many a Hamilton fan wishes to put it all behind them......besides no one wants to remember choking, can't breathe, tears in the eyes, enough to make someone lose control and drive off the road......it is just so unpleasant, especially when it is choking on ice..... :D

TBH, LH choking in China was entertaining. On the one hand it was somewhat heartbraking and yet at the same time I was thrilled to see LH struggling for grip trying to hold off Kimi was reminiscent of Gilles continuing racing with a broken front wing or flat tyre.

john45
12th November 2007, 05:04
Brazilian Grand Prix was one of the best event in the 2007 season..