PDA

View Full Version : The racer69 TRD3 2007 DTM Championship Season Finale' - Round 9 Turkey

johnny shell
1st November 2007, 14:54
The 2007 DTM Championship takes to the track for the final time this season as the cars hit the 3.32 mile Istanbul Park Circuit for 14 laps of action.

The series was originally scheduled for 3 more rounds after this one, but since they were at tracks we've already raced at this years and the British GT series is ready to take off, the top championship contenders have agreed to settle the championship here in Turkey.

Poland's Piotr Borkowski has already wrapped up the championship in dominant form, but there is still a tight battle for second place between Australian Peter Vuko and one of the series youngest racers, Brit Jon Brown.

The due date for this round hasn't been set yet, to help ensure that everyone who wants to participate is able to. The provisional date is Monday November 12th.

Have fun and be sure to post your practice times for some added excitement at this final round!

Race Details

14 Laps
Hard Difficulty
Simulation mode
No cheats like Turbo etc.... to be used
Driving Standards & Corner Cutting to be turned off, but the usual forum rules of 'two wheels on track at all times' (unless you spin off or whatever) must be adhered to.

PM your qualifying time, race time & fastest lap to me by noon Monday November 12th.

New entries welcome at all times :)

Check out real_illusions website http://www.trd3racing.surrealillusions.co.uk/dtm.php for last year's race results, fastest laps etc....

PiotrB
4th November 2007, 17:35
Finally last round. My best practice time so far is: 1:21.8xx.

johnny shell
5th November 2007, 19:33
congradulations on your championship Piotr. You really blew the field away this year.

the championship battle is closer in the V8 cars. Can you offer any explanation for that?

PiotrB
6th November 2007, 10:40
congradulations on your championship Piotr. You really blew the field away this year.

the championship battle is closer in the V8 cars. Can you offer any explanation for that?
Well, I can join to the V8 championship. The reason why I don't participated in V8's is that I haven't got time for three championships and I'm still not happy with my V8's setups.

real_illusions
6th November 2007, 11:52
Best practise time so far for me is a 1:26.

I love driving these cars and this circuit is very quick and flowing. you need to get the lines right or you lose alot of time.

:)

Brown, Jon Brow
6th November 2007, 21:24
JBrown
Ultima GTR

Maybe P.Vuko will want to take #1 as the reigning champ?

Brown, Jon Brow
7th November 2007, 10:20
My best lap so far is a 1:23.10

johnny shell
7th November 2007, 13:18
We'll leave the round open until Vuko gets back... so times won't be due in until about the time the next V8 round starts!

johnny shell
8th November 2007, 19:16
My best lap so far is a 1:23.10

practice up JB! Vuko will have a chance to run his race but won't get much practice time. You have a 4 point lead over him so you shouldn't have any problems holding on to 2nd though.

as long as you behave yourself the night before the race that is!

johnny shell
12th November 2007, 15:08
had a few goes around this circuit over the weekend. didn't actually get in any timed laps yet - it's a hell of a circuit to learn!

my problem with the herman tilke circuits is that they all seem to go no where... I like circuits that travel through the country side, or through a city street, or something. Hermans just feel like you're going back & forth in a random mess.

this one is better than others though. at least there's a forest to see at times.

real_illusions
12th November 2007, 16:03
just noticed the deadline and not done my race yet. done some practise though.

Should be able to do it by tonight. Can you extend the deadline by 6-12 hours? i dont want to miss this race. great cars, great fast flowing circuit, and its the last round!

:)

johnny shell
12th November 2007, 16:43
ok, just for you deadline will officially be extended until at least next Monday, November 19th.

That should be about the time the next V8 round is starting.

tannat
13th November 2007, 12:35
JS-I have evry intention of doing this race, just can't seem to find the time. Hopefully tonight..

johnny shell
16th November 2007, 13:27
alright, this is the last weekend of the final DTM race of the year!

times will be due sometime this week, as soon as the next V8 race is announced!

so head out to Turkey and try to master 14 laps of Istanbul in the fastest touring cars in the world!

johnny shell
16th November 2007, 13:32
top practice time so far

1. Piotr B..... 1:21.8x
2. J Brown....1:23.10
3. Real Ill......1:24.99
4. tannat.....1:25.92
5. J Shell......no time

I've been on the track but haven't completed a timed lap yet... I'm in time trial mode still and keep getting corner cutting flags or going off circuit :(

tannat
16th November 2007, 14:07
top practice time so far

5. J Shell......no time

I've been on the track but haven't completed a timed lap yet... I'm in time trial mode still and keep getting corner cutting flags or going off circuit :(

CC is quite toughy at this track....

johnny shell
17th November 2007, 23:49
well, I posted a time but it didn't move me up the time charts any!

5. J Shell......1:28.32

not sure if anyone is close behind me in the standings or not... but if there is then I'm in trouble. Learning ths track feels like learning a new language to me!

Peter Vuko
19th November 2007, 11:15
Hi Guys, I'm not announcing the final Rd of the V8's until this Sunday...so how about we make DTM due Sunday evening 25th Nov...it will give me some time to get onto the track!!

johnny shell
19th November 2007, 21:13
sounds like a plan :up:

johnny shell
24th November 2007, 14:36
times due Monday... don't forget to get this race in this weekend!

johnny shell
26th November 2007, 21:56
wow! all times are now in and we ended up with some shuffling of the points order here at this final round.

Piotr had already secured the championship, but lots of action elsewhere in the standings!

and... a familiar and much-loved face returns to the podium with an absolutely stellar performance that earns him his best DTM finish ever!

details in the morning :)

johnny shell
27th November 2007, 13:07
Johnny Shell here, reporting from the last DTM round of the season here at the Herman Tilke designed Istanbul Grand Prix Circuit in Turkey.

The big stories this weekend are the demise of British driver Jon Brown, the re-emmergence of Brit Real Illusions, the one-off appearance of Rally ace jso1985, and the continued dominance of Polish Phenom Piotr B.

First, the news on Jon Brown, who was locked in a tight battle for 2nd place in the championship with one of the all-time touring car greats, Peter Vuko. The demands of school have been taking their toll on JB lately, and he's been seen more & more letting off steam by downing pints and quarts and the local pub.

Like many promising British drivers who quickly rise to the top on the hopes of their nation, Jon Brown couldn't handle the fame and fortune and missed this last round of the season all together. This, after a steady decline in his results since school has been back in session.

Jon was last seen with Jenson Button, taking bets over how long it would be before Lewis Hamelton joined their club.... while David Coulhart was trying to give Jon advice on how to parlay mediocre results and a playboy lifestyle into a long and prosperous career.

Real Illusions, however, is a Brit who seems to be returning to the top of his game. Once a staple on the podium, his fudning has been lacking and the results have shown on the track. He gave this round his full effort though, and the under-funded but over achieving driver ended up with the best result of his DTM career.

His times were submitted over 2 weeks ago... we hope the results were worth the wait!

JSO1985, a Rally ace apperantly from a country that has a very cool red, yellow, and green flag, made a one off appearance here on the pavement and was rewarded with points, due to the low number of cars who were able to finish this grueling 20 minute event. Way to go JSO, we hope to see you back on the pavement soon!

Lastly, American driver tannat gave the round a vallient effort and was able to finish ahead of his American rival Johnny Shell, who he trailed in the standings by just one point heading into the event. Johnny proved that, in fact, spending a week in Jamaica is NOT the best way to prepare for a race.

When we come back, we'll have the qualifying results and news on the big tie for second for the Qualifying King award!

johnny shell
27th November 2007, 13:20
Qualifying Results
DTM Round 9, Istanbul

1. Piotrb......01:21.46
2. vuko.......01:22.91
3. real ill......01:24.99
4.tannat......01:25.92
5.j shell.......01:28.32
6.jso1985.....01:29.65

Johnny Shell's lack of pace showed early here in Turkey... while Jon Brown's absence gave Vuko the two points he needed to catch JB for 2nd in the frist ever DTM Qualifying Kings award.

FIA tie-breaking rules will be use to determine who gets 2nd; the research will be completed soon. Which ever driver has more 1st will win the tie-breaker. If each driver has the same number of 1st, then whichever driver has the most P2 qualifying runs will win the spot, and so on until the tie is broken.

Also making news in qualifying is the great run of Real Ill, who became only the 5th driver this season to score Qualifying King points!

Real Ill's qualifying run gave no clue as to the greatness his race would hold though.....

DTM Qualifying Kings 2007 Final Results

1. Piotr Borkowski -> 27 pts
2. Jon Brown -> 13
~. Peter Vuko -> 13*
4. Adam Sloma -> 2
5. Real Illusions ->1

*research to determine the winner of the tie breaker is currently underway....

johnny shell
27th November 2007, 13:39
DTM Round 9 Istanbul Race Results

1. PiotrB..M-B...19:48.55
2. real ill...M-B...20:06.44
3. vuko....M-B....20:10.32
4. tannat...?......20:21.58
5. j shell...Opel...20:44.87
6. jso1985..Audi..21:24.09

Fast Laps

1.Piotrb.....01:23.54
2.vuko.......01:24.96
3.real ill......01:25.51
4.tannat.....01:26.31
5.j shell......01:27.12
6.jso1985....01:29.87

Piotr B once again had the field coverred in both qualifying & the race, winning by a comfortable 18 seconds. Brit Real Illusions was able to catch & pass Aussie Peter Vuko near the end of the race though, to secure 2nd place.

2007 DTM Final Results

Champion Piotr Borkowski...81 Points
2nd Peter Vuko.....59
3rd Jon Brown......57
4. Real Illusions...46
5. Johnny Shell...19
~.Tannat............19*
7. BobZee.........17
8. Homer...........14
9. Sloma ..........12
10. racer69........8
11.Penske_ALMS.5
12.jso19851.......4
13.Steven Vuko..2
~. Harvick#1.... 2

*tie-breaker research currently under way

Manufacturer's Championship

1. Mercedes Benz -> 88pts
2. Audi -> 31
3. Opel -> 5

Thanks to everyone for making the 2007 racer69 DTM Series another huge success....
look forward to information about the 2008 season in the spring!

tannat
27th November 2007, 15:16
I drove the Opel..

Good to see jso1985 and real_ill return :up:

And I'll give the tiebreak to you, Johnny, as you missed a round or two and I was there for every round :D

johnny shell
27th November 2007, 15:18
tie-breakers

wow. drama.

In Qualifying Kings, Jon Brown get awarded 2nd place by virtue of having one pole position to his credit, compared to Vuko's none.

JB's 'pole' came at the season-opening official test at Hock. Piotr B actually bested JB in the session, and both times were posted in the thread and on the codemaster's HoF.

But... get this... Piotr's time was disallowed because he didn't PM it... giving the 3 points for the pole to JB.

Congrads JB!

DTM Qualifying Kings 2007 Final Results

1. Piotr Borkowski -> 27 pts
2. Jon Brown -> 13
3. Peter Vuko -> 13
4. Adam Sloma -> 2
5. Real Illusions ->1

And Tannat beats out Johnny Shell by virtue of Tannat's 4th place finish in Turkey, a feat Johnny couldn't match this year.

Well done Tannat!

2007 DTM Final Results

Champion Piotr Borkowski...81 Points
2nd Peter Vuko.....59
3rd Jon Brown......57
4. Real Illusions...46
5. Tannat............19
6 .Johnny Shell...19
7. BobZee.........17
8. Homer...........14
9. Sloma ..........12
10. racer69........8
11.Penske_ALMS.5
12.jso19851.......4
13.Steven Vuko..2
~. Harvick#1.... 2

johnny shell
27th November 2007, 15:25
And I'll give the tiebreak to you, Johnny, as you missed a round or two and I was there for every round :D

thanks, but no thanks :D

you beat me in 3 of the 8 rounds we both raced in... that plus your dedication, not to mention your 4th place at Turkey give you this well-deserved DTM top 5 finish :up:

tannat
27th November 2007, 16:09
thanks, but no thanks :D

you beat me in 3 of the 8 rounds we both raced in... that plus your dedication, not to mention your 4th place at Turkey give you this well-deserved DTM top 5 finish :up:

You are too kind...

I owe you one in the GTs.. ;)

real_illusions
27th November 2007, 17:53
2nd place..very happy with that. I really like the istanbul circuit, very fast and flowing. Seems Peter is losing his speed a bit ;)

4th overall in the standings, considering i finished 2nd last year, i dont think i could expect to top that, especially with the poles, vuko and JB.

Thanks Johnny and Racer69 for running it. Been a great year.

jso1985
27th November 2007, 18:27
getting closer to not finishing last on a race :D

great year! thank you for organizing the championship :up:

PiotrB
28th November 2007, 09:47
Thanks for a racing guys in this wonderful championship :) . I really happy with my championship title and Qualifying King award. I'm especially happy with some of my qualifying (time trial) times that are probably real #1's at Codemasters Hall of Fame.

I'd like to thank racer69 and johnny shell for runing this championship.

I hope to see all of you in next year championship.

johnny shell
28th November 2007, 22:00
you're a very worthy champion, and a good sportsman, too - you're in-car videos are awesome!

johnny shell
28th November 2007, 22:05
getting closer to not finishing last on a race :D

that brings back memories of where I was one year ago.... I tried to enter the V8 race in China... it was 110% difficulty, reverse grid.... I qualified last, then the field just drove away from me.... I didn't even bother to submit a time!

so, I decided to just set modest goals for myself, like don't finish last, then to work up to being a mid-fielder... now my goal is to be as good as the Brits.

I know, that's not a very ambitious goal :laugh: .... but this is mostly about the fun :D