PDA

View Full Version : BTC Racing

VXRDartford
31st October 2007, 11:27
I know it was a while ago but just got round to posting.

Does anyone know what happened to Chris Stockton at the last race as did not see them in the paddock on sunday and did not hear anything about why they werent there. Any ideas?

Have seen on their website they are hoping to be back next year. Hopefully that will be the case as that Lexus looks great in black and was starting to go well.

Marc W
31st October 2007, 12:27
They had a mechanical failure (Engine I think?) on Saturday and it couldn't be fixed in time for Sunday. They were in the paddock but were round the corner in amongst the support race teams.

cazvxr
31st October 2007, 14:05
They def had engine probs and wasnt going to risk popping another one.It seems the Lexus likes eating engines every meeting.20+ rebuilds this season.

RED VXR
31st October 2007, 14:11
I heard the same while walking round the paddock. 20 engines in 1 season.

BT 96
31st October 2007, 19:28
Well guy's your right with one thing it was engine related, but on the other count's the engine's have been in and out 11 times and we started with 2 cars, the problem was from Knockhill when we crashed it cracked the end of the crank shaft and that broke in the 1st free practice at Thruxton but on the good side we have been developing the engines in house ,so we havent had the budget to test so we have been doing it at the track, but we have made so improvments and look forward to next season.

I would like to take this oppertunity to thank all our family and friend's and of course our supporters, for all there help and support in our 1st season.

BT.

MBailey06
31st October 2007, 20:00
Is there a good chance that BTC Racing will be back next year?

VkmSpouge
31st October 2007, 20:14
And will BTC Racing be back with the Lexus?

BT 96
5th November 2007, 23:08
Yes we will be back next season, we tested at Snett on Friday with a new spec engine and did 60 laps,which is the best its been for a while,we are testing again next week and the week after then of to Spain.

We are working on a new car for next season but it will be a lexus, we are talking to a couple of drivers who want to race for us, we need a second driver who can help develop the car with Chris this will give us a bigger data bank which is the only way to bring the car on.

Who would you like to see drive the second car for BTC ?

VkmSpouge
5th November 2007, 23:27
What's Michael Schumacher doing next year? :p : Having just watched the BTCC 2004 Season Review DVD I would like to see Michael Bentwood back in the championship. Glad BTC Racing are continuing next season and good to hear the Lexus will be around.

peewhee
6th November 2007, 00:12
Yes we will be back next season, we tested at Snett on Friday with a new spec engine and did 60 laps,which is the best its been for a while,we are testing again next week and the week after then of to Spain.

We are working on a new car for next season but it will be a lexus, we are talking to a couple of drivers who want to race for us, we need a second driver who can help develop the car with Chris this will give us a bigger data bank which is the only way to bring the car on.

Someone that can keep-up with Chris Stockton!!

There was a rumour that your were looking towards diesel next season... Is that the case, or are you sticking to the tried and tested petrol driven combustion engine?

MBailey06
6th November 2007, 08:00
I wouldn't mind anyone one from the Clios or the SEATs because there are quite a few drivers that could be ready to make the jump, but I would like to see Sam Hancock. Its a bit out of the blue, but the surprises of the BTCC season for me (Adam Jones and Chris Stockton) are former GT drivers, and Sam Hancock impressed me quite a bit towards the end of the 07 Porsche season.

thompp
6th November 2007, 09:16

I'm available ;)

The mad monk
6th November 2007, 15:41
Stefan

Allyc85
6th November 2007, 17:23
Paul O'neil :D

peewhee
6th November 2007, 17:23
Chris and Stefan! What a line-up? I would love to see that!

Paul O'Neill wants to do GT's next year!

BT 96
6th November 2007, 20:31
What's Michael Schumacher doing next year? :p : Having just watched the BTCC 2004 Season Review DVD I would like to see Michael Bentwood back in the championship. Glad BTC Racing are continuing next season and good to hear the Lexus will be around.[/QUOTE]

Well I would love to have him if you can sort it, but if not him, I really don't know, any way something will come along,we need some body who's as quick as Chris or quciker then we can develop the car,we will use the petrol engine to start with.

BDunnell
6th November 2007, 20:34
Well, I thought Chris did a terrific job in 2007. I was delighted when he worked his way so far up the field at Croft, then despairing when he got punted off; and am I right in thinking that he was up to about third or fourth at Oulton for a while at the start of the third race?

MBailey06
6th November 2007, 21:11
Well he held off Darren Turner for a while in the second race. Also at Donington he had a great battle with Tom Onslow-Cole and held him off for a while.

Rusty
7th November 2007, 09:32

DAN EAVES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tisme
7th November 2007, 17:33
Dan Eaves is racing for Clyde Valley!

cos
7th November 2007, 18:44
Dan Eaves is racing for Clyde Valley!

Don't open that can of worms again...

BT 96
10th November 2007, 19:02
Good news guys, 2 more hours of running and the engine is still running in the car which boads for a good start for next season.

No more on CVR thing it all been said before, but good luck to Dan in what ever he ends up doing.

Red200
10th November 2007, 21:15
Whatever the team come up with for next year, we would appreciate your support.

BT spends almost 24/7 on the cars and deserves a easier year

redrobbo
18th November 2007, 16:25
I was talking to BTC guys at Brands last week,did you know theres only 2 of them working on the car during the week,and four of them at the week ends, the cars have moved on since the recived them from thr former owners quit a a long way 2.2 seconds round Brands,it just a shame they have had engine troubles,these guys have raced in lots of other things which I didnt know,they seam like real down to earth guys and I wish them all the best for next season.I am a new fan thats for sure.

Good luck in 2008.

cazvxr
20th November 2007, 13:36
Ive noticed that the Lexus car and truck are both up for sale on Racecars Direct?????

MBailey06
20th November 2007, 15:07
Ive noticed that the Lexus car and truck are both up for sale on Racecars Direct?????

As well as that, there are 4 Chevrolet Lacettis, Johan Stureson's Peugeot 407 and Tobias Johansson's Mercedes C200. They're for sale if anyone wants to use them next year.

CroftPilgrim
20th November 2007, 15:32
Lacettis for sale? Looks like there's hope for Clyde Valley then!

Mind you, at £125,000 a pop w/o engines.....perhaps not!

I also note Tom Boardman's SEAT is for sale. Has he got something lined up for the BTCC maybe?