PDA

View Full Version : Ambrose takes BUSCH SERIES Pole at Memphis.

mercury8
28th October 2007, 01:14
Marcos Ambrose takes his first pole positon in the Busch Series and after a race that had 25 cautions has finished with a well earned 4th place taking Leffler on the line by 0.001 sec.David Reutimann did a great job to take the honours.Great work from the Devil Racer today.

http://www.thehotlap.com/modules/BGNPhotos/wm.php?cat=13&alb=163&id=13807

Robert Ryan
28th October 2007, 02:58
He has ticked virtually all the boxes he can for the Wood Brothers. Now it is the time for him to look for a team not stuck in the dark ages technically. Also the Wood Bros maybe not around in 2008(rumour already, is they are selling their CTS teams.). Kudos to Dario "Awsome Dude" Franchitti. General driving standards in the Busch race were atrocious.

jslone
28th October 2007, 03:53
Lets see what he can do with the pole and how he finishes.As for the Wood Bros,why not have Jacques buy them,that way he is guranteed a ride if he wants it.

Robert Ryan
28th October 2007, 09:21
Finished 4th after 25 race stoppages. I doubt anyone buying the team as it currently stands is going to improve it much, that would require major investment.

RaikkonenRules
28th October 2007, 10:51
What a crap race 25 cautions. Pathetic.

Aussie12
1st November 2007, 03:08
AUSSIE! AUSSIE! AUSSIE! OI! OI! OI! Yay Marcos!

Okay, so the race was... well... weird, but Marcos' pole start and extremely respectable finish even made the papers Down Here!

millencolin
2nd November 2007, 14:22
i know its late but i managed to catcha replay of the race...

and well done Marcos!

tassiedevilAB
5th November 2007, 15:31
Yeah WTG devil racer, that fighting finish was awesome to see him pinch that 4th spot on the line.

I am late with this because a Gastro bug has hit central victoria & i was in bed for a week, but it was great to see the re-play here.

WHAT HE HAD TO SAY …

Marcos Ambrose – #59 Kingsford Charcoal Ford Fusion

“We got that top 10 that we were after and the pole was a bonus,” said Ambrose.

“We had a really strong car all day. We didn’t have the strategy that these guys did. But for our car, I think things worked out for the best.

“I fought all day and kept cool all day with all those cautions. We had a pretty straight day there. I’m really pleased with the crew and myself.

“I really feel like I’ve grown as a driver on short tracks. I feel like I’ve got more confidence when I come back to these kinds of places. All around, it’s been a great day.

“Once every now and again a short track is okay. But I prefer the mile and half or two mile ovals, that’s the bread and butter out there.”

tassiedevilAB
5th November 2007, 15:39
He has ticked virtually all the boxes he can for the Wood Brothers. Now it is the time for him to look for a team not stuck in the dark ages technically. Also the Wood Bros maybe not around in 2008(rumour already, is they are selling their CTS teams.). Kudos to Dario "Awsome Dude" Franchitti. General driving standards in the Busch race were atrocious.

Where did that info come from mate, you must be getting some serious inside info to say something like that, is there any truth to what you have just said.
If this is going to happen then FORD racing better find a drive for him!
link please?

Maybe there is a team to take them over, it is called Team Australia, & Gorrie did say that he want's a Nascar team very soon in the future!