PDA

View Full Version : Calling all FGP'ers - Please Vote In This Poll!

N. Jones
26th October 2007, 03:34
As promised this is poll #1. (Admins, if you could be so kind as to put up a poll for this I would appreciate it).

I want to know if you FGP'ers favor an increase in the budget for next season. I am thinking of an increase from 45 to 48 mil.

Please answer (or hopefully vote) yes or no. After two weeks or so (maybe three) I will put up the second poll that I promised.

leopard
26th October 2007, 04:27
If this change would make you organize it more convenient and participants comfortable with, I think I would agree to abide by the rules.

jso1985
26th October 2007, 05:11
I demand more money you greedy Bernie! :p :

leopard
26th October 2007, 05:16
It isn't always good for student having too much money ;)

pino
26th October 2007, 06:34
As promised this is poll #1. (Admins, if you could be so kind as to put up a poll for this I would appreciate it).

I want to know if you FGP'ers favor an increase in the budget for next season. I am thinking of an increase from 45 to 48 mil.

Please answer (or hopefully vote) yes or no. After two weeks or so (maybe three) I will put up the second poll that I promised.

Poll added, let me know if it's ok ;)

Mark
26th October 2007, 13:43
What difference does it make? It all depends how much you charge for the drivers?

Oli_M
26th October 2007, 13:58
If theres no change in the costs of cars/engines/drivers (well as in the max price stays the same - I'm guessing a few drivers and teams will be worth quite a bit more now.... and others a lot less :D ) then there doesn't seem to be a need to change the budget.... you need to make the choice as to whether to spend a bit more on one area and less on another etc.

Breeze
26th October 2007, 16:34
What difference does it make? It all depends how much you charge for the drivers?

That's really it, isn't it? Whatever the budget, top drivers, engines and chassis should cost dearly.

N. Jones
26th October 2007, 18:03
Poll added, let me know if it's ok ;)

It's perfect. Thank you very much pino!

Firstgear
26th October 2007, 18:03
Let me see....the worst chassis & engine are 1mil right?

If we start with 45mil

subtract 1mil for McLaren Chassis (scored 0 points last season so should be cheap)

and then

subtract 1mil for Mercedes Engine (scored 0 points......)

That still leaves 43mil for the drivers, so I think 45mil is enough.

N. Jones
26th October 2007, 18:05
I am thinking of making Kimi (as WDC) cost 34 while Ferrari would go up to 24. This would be due to adding Prodrive. If Prodrive doesn't come on board for 2008 then I may not increase anything unless people want it.

aryan
27th October 2007, 14:40
The answer is yes.

And you can forget Prodrive for 2008.

Mark
27th October 2007, 16:11
I would base mclarens price on the position they would have achived without penalty. Which is 1st.

N. Jones
27th October 2007, 16:48
McLaren.... I will discuss them another time as I think people will have a lot to say about them! :)

jso1985
27th October 2007, 20:36
why McLaren should cost the same as Ferrari:

Answer for McLaren fans: Leaving aside all politics, the car was the fastest this year and they should have won the WCC without the penalty

Answer for Ferrari fans: The bloody car is a Ferrari anyway!

;)

N. Jones
27th October 2007, 23:48
:laugh:

There will be some discussion about that but I thought I would leave it for now until I find out about budgets and other things (which will come up in a poll sometime in the next two weeks).

Bagwan
29th October 2007, 12:02
Message from the offices of Sir Bagly Ecclestone Esq. :

Dear Mr. Jones ,
It has come to the attention of the offices , that you , sir , are not conducting yourself in a manner that befits the position you hold as supreme master of the FGP .
Asking the unwashed masses for opinions on how to conduct your series is just asking for trouble .
The poor merely want things to be clear and un-ambiguous , and this clearly flies in the face of potential controversy and many lines of press .

Of course , your actions may well be a ruse , as the opinion poll that the FIA took a few years ago was , and if so , I applaud your ingenuity .

If not , though , I would ask you to cease and desist your suggestion that fans should have a say in what we , the Poobahs do .
Your membership in the club depends on it .

One other thing , remember to pick your favourite early , so you can add to the show by docking points as necessary .

Thank-you ,
Sir bagly .

N. Jones
29th October 2007, 14:46

Bagwan
29th October 2007, 15:20
Another message from the offices of Sir Bagly Ecclestone Esq. :

Good show , old man .
Yes , yes , the sinister laugh .

Nudge , nudge , we understand each other , wink , wink .

Are you running the old "ask them what they think , and then do what you've already decided to do gambit" ?
They always fall for that one .
It really does pay to look like you're listening .

You are listening , aren't you ?

We , the washed , the clean , need to stick together , by the pool (if possible . I hate to mix years , when they fill my fine Corinthian leather-lined pool with champagne) .

Cordially , corpulently , and confidentially ,
Sir Bagly Esq. .

aryan
29th October 2007, 16:16
Bagwan made my day today! :D :D :laugh:

It is quite however ironic how every decision FIA has taken has been the exact opposite of what their own Poll showed fans wanted!

10 year engine freeze? You dare put that to poll Mr. Mosley.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack this thread, just got carried away...

N. Jones
29th October 2007, 20:38
Another message from the offices of Sir Bagly Ecclestone Esq. :

Good show , old man .
Yes , yes , the sinister laugh .

Nudge , nudge , we understand each other , wink , wink .

Are you running the old "ask them what they think , and then do what you've already decided to do gambit" ?
They always fall for that one .
It really does pay to look like you're listening .

You are listening , aren't you ?

We , the washed , the clean , need to stick together , by the pool (if possible . I hate to mix years , when they fill my fine Corinthian leather-lined pool with champagne) .

Cordially , corpulently , and confidentially ,
Sir Bagly Esq. .

If I could only get in the right frame of mind to write like this I would respond.. :(

N. Jones
31st October 2007, 17:20
So, everyone has had their say?

N. Jones
5th November 2007, 17:37
Everyone has until Thursday to vote in this poll. So far YES is winning 10-6!