PDA

View Full Version : Schumacher drives the F2007 for the first time for the FIAT board of directors

Giuseppe F1
25th October 2007, 11:48
He's back...

-----------------------------------------------------
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63637

Schumacher in the F2007 for the first time
By Biranit Goren and Michele Lostia Thursday, October 25th 2007, 09:23 GMT

Michael Schumacher drove the Ferrari F2007 for the first time on Wednesday.

The seven-time world champion, who retired from Formula One a year ago, has not driven the 2007 Ferrari challenger before, and has only once driven an F1 car this year - when he sat behind the wheel of an F2004 at Ferrari's 60th anniversary celebrations in June.

But with the season now over, the German took the car for a demonstration run at Ferrari's home track in Fiorano, Italy.

Autosport.com understands the German ran no more than four-five laps, and no lap times were recorded.

A Ferrari spokesman said the demonstration was run for the Fiat board of directors, who yesterday held their meeting in Maranello, celebrating Ferrari and Kimi Raikkonen's world championship titles.

mstillhere
25th October 2007, 15:32
He's back...

-----------------------------------------------------
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63637

Schumacher in the F2007 for the first time
By Biranit Goren and Michele Lostia Thursday, October 25th 2007, 09:23 GMT

Michael Schumacher drove the Ferrari F2007 for the first time on Wednesday.

The seven-time world champion, who retired from Formula One a year ago, has not driven the 2007 Ferrari challenger before, and has only once driven an F1 car this year - when he sat behind the wheel of an F2004 at Ferrari's 60th anniversary celebrations in June.

But with the season now over, the German took the car for a demonstration run at Ferrari's home track in Fiorano, Italy.

Autosport.com understands the German ran no more than four-five laps, and no lap times were recorded.

A Ferrari spokesman said the demonstration was run for the Fiat board of directors, who yesterday held their meeting in Maranello, celebrating Ferrari and Kimi Raikkonen's world championship titles.

I almost cried. There is still hope

OmarF1
25th October 2007, 17:46
Good for Mike, I wonder if what Schumster did with Ferrari, all the poles, wins and WDC's allows him to say every given morning things like: hey Jean, I feel like driving the F1 car today, may I? and Jean: "sure mate step in". :D , they should allow him to do that, Michael belongs to a group of drivers that makes look easy taking a car to the limit.

akv89
25th October 2007, 19:49
Good for Mike, I wonder if what Schumster did with Ferrari, all the poles, wins and WDC's allows him to say every given morning things like: hey Jean, I feel like driving the F1 car today, may I? and Jean: "sure mate step in". :D , they should allow him to do that, Michael belongs to a group of drivers that makes look easy taking a car to the limit.

Funnily enough, I remember reading an article less than a year ago in which Todt said that if Michael ever wanted to come and drive the car, he is welcome to.

ArrowsFA1
26th October 2007, 08:52
It's kind of tough on Kimi to come back to Fiorano to celebrate his and the teams' achievements this season to find a retired F1 driver taking centre stage in his seat :dozey:

Dave B
26th October 2007, 09:13
Remember the Christmas special of The Office where Brent kept hanging around the office and pushed the new boss out of the team photo? :\

TL
26th October 2007, 09:32
It's kind of tough on Kimi to come back to Fiorano to celebrate his and the teams' achievements this season to find a retired F1 driver taking centre stage in his seat :dozey:

For a moment I even thought I recognized Alonso in the background ! *grins*

ioan
26th October 2007, 13:02

Give it a brake ol man, too many chips on your shoulders. :s

ShiftingGears
26th October 2007, 14:30

Agreed. I certainly wouldn't like to come back as champion to find someone who hasn't done jack for me being the centre of attention at the teams HQ.

ioan
26th October 2007, 15:11
Agreed. I certainly wouldn't like to come back as champion to find someone who hasn't done jack for me being the centre of attention at the teams HQ.

Unless it was the one person who won 5 WDC's for the team after 21 years of drought.

We should however consider that some forum members get heart attacks every time the Schumacher name is mentioned! :rolleyes:

ShiftingGears
26th October 2007, 15:15
Unless it was the one person who won 5 WDC's for the team after 21 years of drought.

We should however consider that some forum members get heart attacks every time the Schumacher name is mentioned! :rolleyes:

That was a team effort and you know it. And he wasn't part of the team this year, so I fail to see why he should be the centre of attention...

Try not to accuse other forum members in order to make a point, it'll make yours a lot more valid. IMO.

ArrowsFA1
26th October 2007, 15:17
Try not to accuse other forum members in order to make a point, it'll make yours a lot more valid. IMO.
It would just be nice if other multiple-WDC's got the same level of respect ;)

BDunnell
26th October 2007, 15:41

In a way that's just as objectionable as having a go at others in F1 at every turn is, and with just as little foundation.

ioan
26th October 2007, 16:15
Bla bla bla.

Just tell me what bothers the 3 of you that much?
That MS drove the F2007?
That he is still liked by the Ferrari team?
Or you simply get a head ache when you see his name?

If they wanted him to drive then why not?!

Or are you mistaking Kimi for LH who needs Ron's pampering day and night?

BDunnell
26th October 2007, 16:56
Bla bla bla.

Just tell me what bothers the 3 of you that much?
That MS drove the F2007?
That he is still liked by the Ferrari team?
Or you simply get a head ache when you see his name?

Or are you mistaking Kimi for LH who needs Ron's pampering day and night?

Nothing bothers me about any of the things you mention. How did you come to the conclusion that I am? I've said time and time again — including, in effect, in my comment above — that I think much of the criticism of Schumacher was un-called for, and that I believe him to be a truly great driver.

Read into things what you will, but be sensible.

GridGirl
26th October 2007, 18:46
Schumacher wont be back till December.

Race of Champions: Schumacher V Hamilton.

Cant wait already! :D

ArrowsFA1
27th October 2007, 09:14
Why not indeed :up: However, my point was that Kimi Raikkonen won the WDC for Ferrari this year so perhaps a gathering at Fiorano, which included the top brass from Fiat, to celebrate that success was not the best time.

ioan
27th October 2007, 09:48
Why not indeed :up: However, my point was that Kimi Raikkonen won the WDC for Ferrari this year so perhaps a gathering at Fiorano, which included the top brass from Fiat, to celebrate that success was not the best time.

Maybe Kimi had better things to do?

But I wouldn't worry about this.
MS ain't coming back, not as a driver anyway. And Kimi doesn't seem bothered by his presence.

That's why I can't see a problem with MS trying out the car, after all he wasn't there to test it, just to make a show.

Bagwan
27th October 2007, 13:38
That's why I can't see a problem with MS trying out the car, after all he wasn't there to test it, just to make a show.

No times recorded , so no comparison can be made .

There was the donut contest though .

Dave B
29th October 2007, 08:39
Hmmmm.... donuts :facelick:

555-04Q2
29th October 2007, 10:50
And he wasn't part of the team this year, so I fail to see why he should be the centre of attention...

Yes he was, as a technical consultant to the team and mentor to young Massa. Where I sit, that sound like being part of a team if you ask me ;)