PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton - great, great, great!

F1boat
22nd October 2007, 20:32
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63598

McLaren's Lewis Hamilton said on Monday he wanted to win the Formula One title on the racetrack, not weeks later on appeal.

wmcot
22nd October 2007, 20:38
Nice to hear that from him. It seems that the only one who feels otherwise is Ron (and a few of his clones here!)

I wonder if Lewis is also starting to have second thoughts about driving for Ron?

DonnieDarco
22nd October 2007, 20:42
I wish he'd said it sooner, but at least he has finally done so. I hope Ron now gives up on the ridiculous idea of an appeal.

What I did read earlier, was Martin Whitmarsh having the nerve to say the fans would want them to appeal.

Roamy
22nd October 2007, 20:47
Hats off to lewis and fred.

Now get idiot ron on the same page and we can get ready for a great next season!!!

mikiec
22nd October 2007, 20:48
I'm sure Jean Todt and the Ferrari brigade feel exactly the same way.... oh, wait... that's how they won the Constuctors' Championship!

Eki
22nd October 2007, 20:59
The Briton, winner of four races in a sensational debut season, said he would feel uncomfortable with that.

"It would feel weird after Kimi did such a fantastic job in the last two races," he said.

"He won yesterday and to have it taken away is a bit cruel and probably not good for the sport."

That shows sportsmanship. I hope Hamilton will make it in the future.

F1boat
22nd October 2007, 21:08
Yes, but in the future.

wmcot
22nd October 2007, 21:10
I'm sure Jean Todt and the Ferrari brigade feel exactly the same way.... oh, wait... that's how they won the Constuctors' Championship!

Really? You mean Kimi was found to be in possession of 780 pages of Lewis's data and receiving numerous emails and texts from a spy in Lewis's garage? Why didn't somebody tell me this earlier? :LOL:

wmcot
22nd October 2007, 21:11
That shows sportsmanship. I hope Hamilton will make it in the future.

Lewis does have a great future - but I'm not sure it will be with Ron???

ioan
22nd October 2007, 23:21
He went up a bit on my scale. :up:

TornadoRed
22nd October 2007, 23:23
Lewis does have a great future - but I'm not sure it will be with Ron???

Ron gave him a contract when he was only 14, gave him a ride in a competitive car, and appeared to side with him instead Alonso (or at least Alonso thought that was the case).

So I think Lewis will stay and McLaren and Alonso will be driving for another team in 2008.

wmcot
23rd October 2007, 00:34
Ron gave him a contract when he was only 14, gave him a ride in a competitive car, and appeared to side with him instead Alonso (or at least Alonso thought that was the case).

So I think Lewis will stay and McLaren and Alonso will be driving for another team in 2008.

Yes, I'm sure his contract is for at least 2008, but I wonder if he will grow tired of Ron Dennis and leave at the end of the contract time? He has showed times this season when he didn't agree with RD.

Hawkmoon
23rd October 2007, 01:24

Actually, Ferrari scored 204 points and McLaren 203. Stepney-gate didn't, technically, cost McLaren the WCC.

They lost it with the idiocy of qualifying in Hungary. Without that mess they would have had 218 and Stepney-gate would indeed have taken it away from them. Ferrari had nothing to do with McLaren splitting at the seams at the Hungaroring, that was all McLaren.

As for the appeal, Dennis, Whitmarsh and maybe Damon Hill are the only people I have seen that want the appeal to go ahead. If Hamilton truly doesn't want to win it in the courts then McLaren should heed his wishes and let the matter drop.

clydekart
23rd October 2007, 01:36
"It would feel weird after Kimi did such a fantastic job in the last two races," he said.
He never said he wouldn't accept the title-only that it would feel weird. He should have stood up and said Kimi is champ no matter what.

Schultz
23rd October 2007, 02:02
Lewis Hamilton just got a lot of respect from me. This totally puts to bed my assumptions he is just a spoilt English rich boy.

tinchote
23rd October 2007, 03:29
Actually, Ferrari scored 204 points and McLaren 203. Stepney-gate didn't, technically, cost McLaren the WCC.

They lost it with the idiocy of qualifying in Hungary. Without that mess they would have had 218 and Stepney-gate would indeed have taken it away from them. Ferrari had nothing to do with McLaren splitting at the seams at the Hungaroring, that was all McLaren.

As for the appeal, Dennis, Whitmarsh and maybe Damon Hill are the only people I have seen that want the appeal to go ahead. If Hamilton truly doesn't want to win it in the courts then McLaren should heed his wishes and let the matter drop.

:up:

Lewis Hamilton just got a lot of respect from me. This totally puts to bed my assumptions he is just a spoilt English rich boy.

Indeed. And something that I'm not sure anyone mentioned here, is that he lost the WDC by really fighting to be at the front. He lost it at least partly because he fought to win and not to get just enough points; and taking into account that many here love Gilles Villeneuve precisely for that attitude, I guess it's something we have to respect.

f1rocks
23rd October 2007, 03:57
Lewis has been a class act all season. Never bad mouthed the evil Mclaren empire even once. Always a team player. Sadly he is just stuck in the wrong team with MORON Dennis.

Tazio
23rd October 2007, 06:39
Yea' I wonder who wrote
the speech for him? A: Bernie
B: Dad
C: Ron
D: A collaboration of all the above

wmcot
23rd October 2007, 06:48
Yea' I wonder who wrote
the speech for him? A: Bernie
B: Dad
C: Ron
D: A collaboration of all the above

Well, let's look at it: A: No - no money in it!
B: Maybe
C: No way - there is no spewing hatred of Ferrari in it
D: Can't be with A and C eliminated.

I'd be willing to bet the words are actually from Lewis. It seems that Lewis has learned one thing from Alonso this year - speak your mind even if Ron doesn't like it!

Tazio
23rd October 2007, 06:55
Well, let's look at it: A: No - no money in it!
B: Maybe
C: No way - there is no spewing hatred of Ferrari in it
D: Can't be with A and C eliminated.

I'd be willing to bet the words are actually from Lewis. It seems that Lewis has learned one thing from Alonso this year - speak your mind even if Ron doesn't like it!
Good answer! I wonder if he really has though?
It is the correct policy
I guess time will tell

wmcot
23rd October 2007, 07:02
Good answer! I wonder if he really has though?
It is the correct policy
I guess time will tell

I have to believe that Lewis is speaking his mind. I doubt that Ron would approve of Lewis stating that he doesn't want to win in court while Ron is still pursuing that course to get the driver's title. I just think that Lewis is a bit more subtle in the way he speaks when he doesn't agree with team (Ron's) policies or politics.

Donney
23rd October 2007, 10:57
Good for Lewis, well said.

Zico
23rd October 2007, 22:06
I expected this tbh... maybe now a few people on here just might stop spewing hatred when his name is mentioned... Like him or loathe him, he deserves respect, not only for this, but also a fantastic season.

Kevincal
23rd October 2007, 22:35
Well geez...I would HOPE any respectfull human being would have these thoughts. Obviously it would be totally wrong to win by a technicallity... Good on Lewis, but I would expect any honorable person to feel like this.

slinkster
23rd October 2007, 22:38
:) Nice to hear from Lewis and completely what I expected from him too.