PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Mark Webber and Toro Rosso; Deconstructors champions 2007!

Mark
22nd October 2007, 12:00
Final results for the most prestigious championship of them all :p

Mark Webber 52
Scott Speed 47
Vitantonio Liuzzi 46
Adrian Sutil 44
David Coulthard 41
Jenson Button 39
Anthony Davidson 29
Alexander Wurz 29
Ralf Schumacher 28
Christian Albers 26
Giancarlo Fisichella 20
Sakon Yamamoto 18
Jarno Trulli 18
Sebnestian Vettel 17
Robert Kubica 15
Nico Rosberg 15
Takuma Sato 11
Rubens Barrichello 10
Fernando Alonso 8
Felipe Massa 8
Nick Heidfeld 5
Lewis Hamilton 5
Kimi Raikkonen 5
Markus Winkelhock 3
Heikki Kovalainen 3

Toro Rosso 110
Red Bull 93
Spyker 91
Honda 49
Toyota 46
Williams 44
Super Aguri 40
Renault 23
BMW 20
McLaren 13
Ferrari 8

What is the Deconstructors championship?. It's the world championship in reverse, where drivers score points according to who fails to finish first! 10 points goes to the first to retire, 8 points to the second and so on. You don't get any points if you actually see the chequered flag!

osg
22nd October 2007, 12:01
At least Mark can claim race wins and a World Title now....... he can retire in peace!!!

Dave B
22nd October 2007, 12:16
Can't we have just one race without hearing the words "...and Louise has found Mark Webber"?

:(

Daniel
22nd October 2007, 12:31
Poor Mark Webber!

Ranger
22nd October 2007, 12:42
And to think that this season was better for him than last season! :s hock:

Schultz
22nd October 2007, 12:55
You really have to laugh don't you. Has there ever been a more unlucky Formula 1 driver than our great Mark Webber? Gah :(

Mark
22nd October 2007, 12:55
And to think that this season was better for him than last season! :s hock:

He won the Deconstructors last season too! :p

janneppi
22nd October 2007, 12:59
He has taken Kimi's place at top with style. :D

Ranger
22nd October 2007, 13:02
He won the Deconstructors last season too! :p

I wanna see the list of winners! :D

BDunnell
22nd October 2007, 13:27
You really have to laugh don't you. Has there ever been a more unlucky Formula 1 driver than our great Mark Webber? Gah :(

Yes, your near neighbours' great Chris Amon!

Storm
22nd October 2007, 13:37
I dont like the guy, but I know he really has rotten luck with car reliability and incidents.. :s

VkmSpouge
22nd October 2007, 14:02
This really should have been Scott Speed's season! He was still in the title chase at the last despite not having competed in the last quarter of the year.
It shows that the Red Bull/Toro Rosso was very poor in terms of reliability.

millencolin
22nd October 2007, 15:17
thats heartbreaking....

you can only sit back and laugh though sometimes...

We all know Webber has the pace, he was the best of the rest in qualy for Brazil.... but for gods sake when will he win a race?

Its goten so bad I have said that Will Power, after crashing out of his third straight gold coast Indy, has the 'Mark Webber Curse'

It can be hard being an Australian Car racing fan...

Erki
22nd October 2007, 15:45
I'm starting to like Webber. :\

Btw, yesterday's off was Heikki's first DNF of year(and F1career). Heikki perkele indeed. :up:

Azumanga Davo
22nd October 2007, 18:37
Can't we have just one race without hearing the words "...and Louise has found Mark Webber"?

I imagine a quiet race day when Louise says to her cameraman, "Funny, he's normally here by now..." :D

I don't like Webber. Well done getting those points for Minardi all that time ago, but since then, it's been a Eastern States worth of scrapyard since...

jens
22nd October 2007, 20:06
Renault 23
BMW 20
McLaren 13
Ferrari 8

Simple moral: the best cars are both the fastest and the most reliable ones. :)

osg
22nd October 2007, 20:51
I imagine a quiet race day when Louise says to her cameraman, "Funny, he's normally here by now..." :D

I don't like Webber. Well done getting those points for Minardi all that time ago, but since then, it's been a Eastern States worth of scrapyard since...

**sighs** funny stuff, but so very true :(

wmcot
22nd October 2007, 21:20
At least Mark can claim race wins and a World Title now....... he can retire in peace!!!

If he gets a trophy, is it broken?? ;)

Mark
23rd October 2007, 09:34

:laugh:

I did think of making up a certificate or something and sending it to them :p

Azumanga Davo
23rd October 2007, 15:04

Post of the week. :D

I always imagined he would stand on the podium waiting for the prestigious deconstructor award, but it was lost at the airport or something.

Maybe Vettel hit it? (Ouch, sorry, below the belt. Vettel's cool really ;) )

Schnell
23rd October 2007, 15:23
Every thought of taking up Knitting, book keeping or other exciting pastimes 'Mark' ? Do you walk everwhere backwards too?

Poor ole Mark, and I thought Ant had the worst luck this season, with 8 of his 17 races scuppered by Roadhogs and a Groundhog!

Auguri, Sato and Rubens did quite well in a not non finishing kind of way (can't count Winkelhock tho, one race is cheating!)

stevie_gerrard
24th October 2007, 03:27
do you get the feeling Mark is going to be winning this title quite often in his career? :p :

Poor lad, i think he's a brilliant driver, but he just never has the reliability.

AJP
24th October 2007, 05:15

haha....so bloody true...