PDA

View Full Version : Fernando's thread for congrats only

markabilly
22nd October 2007, 08:42
Since we have such a thread for LH, time to start one for FA

"No negative stuff allowed"

So I say congrats, did not root for you, as my one and only hero was Scottie...but to do so well with so few of your team pulling for you, says it all!!

:D

OTA
22nd October 2007, 09:18
Congrats for FA, what you see it's what's you get. I know FA since he was a very little kid, and all I can say is that he's still the same man. He's a real figther who has no problem in walking alone for what he beleives.
Bernie says he has done nothing for F1, but yesterday there was a entire country glued to the TV, and it's FA who has done that. He'll keep figthing next year.

Cheers
David

osg
22nd October 2007, 09:18
He hung tough Markabilly..... even with all the negative internal energy being bought against him.
I supported Alonso throughout 2005 and 2006, I haven't done so this year because of his competition with Hamilton. But hopefully next year he will be with a new team so all can be well again.

Mark
22nd October 2007, 09:19
You do have to hand it to him, after the season he's had, to come within 1 point of retaining the championship.

Ranger
22nd October 2007, 09:24
He was quite gracious in defeat at the press conference... which was one of his better moments off-track this year. :up:

Still, he is a double world champ and a runner-up (pretty much) by one point at the age of 26. He has plenty of time to build on that tally. :up:

Tazio
22nd October 2007, 09:24
Metaphorically speaking
Fernando was "The Straw that Stired the Drink"

ShiftingGears
22nd October 2007, 09:26
You do have to hand it to him, after the season he's had, to come within 1 point of retaining the championship.

Definitely. Although the top three are all tough as nails.

Bring on 2008!!

ioan
22nd October 2007, 09:56
I learned to like him, even though it was much of the opposite before.

pino
22nd October 2007, 10:13
As driver he's still the best outhere, hopefully he will find a competitive Team/car for next year...that will keep the Champ-title very exciting :up:

Donney
22nd October 2007, 10:30
He never gave up and helped the team to almost achieve something unthinkable last year.

Great season, awesome fight for the championship, congratulations!!!!

osg
22nd October 2007, 10:54
I supported Alonso throughout 2005 and 2006, I haven't done so this year because of his competition with Hamilton. But hopefully next year he will be with a new team so all can be well again.

i don't know who added the final part of that post..... but i'm certainly no Hamilton fan....... after Raikkonen i'd support Alonso, but over my dead body would i support that little arrogant ***** Hamilton

samuratt
22nd October 2007, 11:06
I learned to like him, even though it was much of the opposite before.

Unbelievable!!!! :P

Rudy Tamasz
22nd October 2007, 11:31
Not the nicest guy in the world, but a helluva racer and a true fighter. Seasons like this will make him stronger. Thanks for a thrilling season!

VkmSpouge
22nd October 2007, 14:06
Alonso would have been a deserving champion but in the end he couldn't match the Ferraris around Interlagos. Whoever he is driving for next season will be a lucky team.

F1MAN2007
22nd October 2007, 14:48
He is still the complete driver out there.

He had to fight on track , then to fight inside the team which have been racing him the whole year and fight to the hostile media which treated him with all kind of bad words. It is amazing the way he managed all those things and still finish the season just a point to the champion.

For sure he learned a lot this season and next season he will be more and more strong than ever.

Congratulations to him!!!!!!

Tazio
22nd October 2007, 17:33
I learned to like him, even though it was much of the opposite before.The same here. I suspect I'll fell the same way about Hamilton
say about five years from now,
when the next wunderkind hits the scene.
Or when he gets a Ferrari seat!!

jens
22nd October 2007, 19:56
Even funny to think that if he had settled with second position in Hungary's qualifying, then he probably would have finished the race in Top2 too and he would be a triple WDC...

After midseason it looked like Hamilton was running away with the title and Alonso was dropping out of contention, but since then his experience started counting and it almost brought him another title. Although he may be almost anonymous in some races (also the last two races) and may seem to lack of raw speed, then he still manages to score consistently high points, which have kept him in the title hunt to the end and have frankly brought him those two titles too. And also - although it's largely an assumption as I haven't worked with any driver ( :p :) - he seems to be one of the best so-called car developers (as much or few importance drivers have in F1 car development nowadays).

Kevincal
22nd October 2007, 20:08
Alonso is a great and humble champion. I admire him for that and his honesty.

F1boat
22nd October 2007, 20:22
Great driver, who is not afraid to fight for his rights.

wmcot
22nd October 2007, 21:50
Great driver, who is not afraid to fight for his rights.

And to speak his mind, too!

Tomi
22nd October 2007, 21:52
I think also Alonso is a good competitor and also quite realistic guy, it's a joy to listen to his past race interviews, good and fair analyses, hopefully he find him self a good team.

Valve Bounce
22nd October 2007, 22:26
I know FA since he was a very little kid, and all I can say is that he's still the same man.

Maybe you'd like to re-phrase that?? :p :

22nd October 2007, 22:35
I was wondering why he had such a :D and seemed relaxed on the podium..... and then I got it.

leopard
23rd October 2007, 05:18
He is still the complete driver out there.

true, he might not driver with greatest talent, but he is the most complete package of driver.

OTA
23rd October 2007, 16:01
Not really Valve, FA has allways been a pretty mature individual with his own thoughts and manners in the race track.
Cheers
David

Sirius
23rd October 2007, 17:05
I agree with pino on Alonso. He is still the best out there and will be back stronger than ever next year.

He will have learned a lot from this past year and I think he will be a different driver within the team next year, that is, if he is still with them next year.

He nearly had three titles in a row.

Sirius

Zico
23rd October 2007, 17:31
Congrats to Fernando for his 3rd place and a couple of great drives this season despite being given the runaround by his rookie team mate, certainly brought a lot of controversy to F1 with his comments Re- favouritism which brought negative press upon the sport, others will say.. any press is good press which Im inclined to agree with. So lets big it up for Nando, hope he finds a more suitable team for next season..

Viv
24th October 2007, 05:34
Dint like his behavior/words off track thru out the year but for me he's still one of the top 2 drivers out there. Well done Alonso.ll looking for more great performances from you next year, which ever team u drive for :)