PDA

View Full Version : Kimi Räikkönen - WDC 2007

Koz
21st October 2007, 18:41
Congrats! It was a long time coming, but we all knew it would come.

Pity for Hamilton, sad that it was mechanical problems that cost him everything.

Would been nice for Massa to win the race and Kimi to win the WDC. :)

Great race. I am so glad I decided to wake up at 5am to see Kimi become WDC!

Amazing season! Amazing races!

Roamy
21st October 2007, 18:42
Well done and incredible for kimi and Ferrari

hamilton and mclaren folded like a lawn chair

mstillhere
21st October 2007, 18:44
World Champions
Yyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssss!!!!!! !!!

Mark
After all that! :(

santacruzsteve
yes! congratulations kimi!
lewis was just not the man for the job shame, NOT!

mstillhere
yyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!

donKey jote
21st October 2007, 18:45
first time for a long time I wanted a Ferrari to win :p

WELL DONE KIMI !!!!

:D :D :D

markabilly
Benei's worst nightmare come true!!!!!!!

Glad I will not be drinking the kool aid..... :D

Simmo666
Well, what a final race! Congratulations to Kimi, he deserved a championship at some point. Hamilton's luck caught up with him at the worst point with the last two races. And McLaren come away from the season with absolutely nothing in the end. Amazing. And one point separating the top three drivers, with Hamilton second. Not bad at all for a really exciting season.

mstillhere
gOOD CHAMPIONSHIP

Mark
Big congratulations for Kimi. Just a pity that Ferrari win yet again :p

gloomyDAY
21st October 2007, 18:46
Wow! Well deserved win for Kimi and about damn time.

Did Hamilton and Alonso tie for the championship?

markabilly
21st October 2007, 18:47
All things considered...the queit one probably deserved it the most....poor benie for him, the nightmare begins.....probably calling Max right now..is there not something that can be done?? OH no!!!!

MAX: Shut up benie--have you never seen Godfather?
B: What are you mad about..
Max Never tell anyone outside the family...you mornon...how could you say that stuff on BBC/
B: well errr
MAX: "click"

B--hello hello hello

slinkster
21st October 2007, 18:48
Genuinely gutted for Hamilton. He buckled under pressure early on and then bloody typical technical troubles to boot.

I'm not going to say that Kimi is unworthy (even if he is in a Ferrari! :P). If it wasn't going to be Hamilton's, I'm glad Kimi took the title. Young Lewis would have been a worthy winner and it's a shame for him that all his efforts haven't reaped the reward he wanted.

Rollo
21st October 2007, 18:49
If anyone had told me a fortnight that Raikkonen was going to be World Champion, I would not have believed them. Perhaps the only person who believed in him this afternoon... was Raikkonen.

Fair play and good show to Kimi. I think we have a worthy champion here, he's been patient and persevered his way straight to the number 1 plate. Good stuff!

markabilly
21st October 2007, 18:50
Well done and incredible for kimi and Ferrari

hamilton and mclaren folded like a lawn chair

And the iceman leaveth with the crown!!!

janneppi
Hip hei

Mark
Hamilton did mess up but without the technical issues..... Never mind.

Rollo
21st October 2007, 18:51
For the year 2008, McLaren will be wearing 22 and 23 on their cars.

ChrisS
congratulations to kimi!

F1boat
I Am Happy! Well Done, Kimi! Forza Ferrari!

F1boat
21st October 2007, 18:52
At last! :)

N. Jones
21st October 2007, 18:52
YES! Congrats Kimi! I am so happy for him to finally achieve the title!

F1boat
21st October 2007, 18:53
Raikkonen rules!

F1MAN2007
Well done Kimmi!!!!!!!

And Maclaren losing everything again this season!!!! Hope now this will teach them how to behave!!

tsarcasm
WooHoo!!!!

many will have Vodka hangovers tommorow :)

Woodeye
21st October 2007, 18:54
Kimi! :D

Unbelievable! Great! I've lost words! Congratulations to Kimi and Ferrari. What a great ending. :up: :D :beer:

Simmo666
21st October 2007, 18:54

Well spotted. That'll be incredibly weird!

donKey jote
21st October 2007, 18:55
congrats jänny :D
I'm sincerely happy kimi won :D :D
Now where's my psychiatrist :)
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

F1MAN2007
21st October 2007, 18:57

And Lewis with N0 22 on his car. :D

Viv
21st October 2007, 18:57
I'd have been happier if he'd done it in McLaren..but a deserving win
Congrats Kimi :D :up:

Caroline
21st October 2007, 18:58
:D Go Kimi!

gm99
Onnittelu Kimi!!!

First Ferrari champion in quite a while who I am happy about ;)
After all the sh*t that has been going down with McLaren this season, it's only fitting that there is a laughing third party in the end...

What a thrilling finish to a crazy season...

Josti
Nothing to say about, totally deserved :up:

rohanweb
Great win for Kimi.... ( at the expense of Lewis's problem)

Congratulations to Kimi Raikkonen.. He is a wellworthy champion.

I wish Kimi & all his fans all the best... Great stuff from Kimi ;-)

Daniel
21st October 2007, 18:59
Poor Ron. Can tell he's been crying. Good work for Kimi. I think he deserved it the most.

janneppi
21st October 2007, 18:59
My flatmate just got home and want's to see the re-run of the race, It is going to take superhuman powers not to ruin the race for him. :D

Giuseppe F1
21st October 2007, 19:00
What a race...what a season!

Still in shock...

...Amazing for Kimi, long overdue and well deserved

...Such a shame for Lewis, there will be many titles in the future

...Glad Alonso didnt win after his behaviour this year

GREAT, GREAT SEASON on so many levels - Roll on 2008!

Giuseppe F1

Daniel
21st October 2007, 19:00
Screw it Janneppi. Tell him.

f1kid1987
21st October 2007, 19:01
Well done to kimi. Great Championship to watch. Gutted for Hamliton. He'll come back next year Fighting. At least alonso didnt win.

Also well done Rosberg good drive today. Contender for the Mclaren Seat if alsonso goes???

Daika
Hoeray!!!!

Pille
Woohoooo!!!! Congrats Kimi!

Mestaruus tuli!!!!

Giuseppe F1
How soon until Kimi, gets drunk tonight?! :)

Im sure sponsor Martini will be a big feature in the Ferrari hospitality tonight!! :)

janneppi
Screw it Janneppi. Tell him.
Actually, I'm goin to lie to him. :D

F1boat
21st October 2007, 19:02

Still in shock...

...Amazing for Kimi, long overdue and well deserved

...Such a shame for Lewis, there will be many titles in the future

GREAT, GREAT SEASON on so many levels - Roll on 2008!

Giuseppe F1

Maybe the closest season in history.

[WRCRR]
21st October 2007, 19:03
The Iceman cometh, the iceman f*****g cometh...

harvick#1
21st October 2007, 19:05
Forza KIMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

woohooo :D

WTG Kimi on the championship

Juppe
21st October 2007, 19:11
Perkeleen perkele!!!!

After all the unlucky stuff that's happened to Kimi - he left his bad luck to McLaren who are stuck with it. :D

archtur
21st October 2007, 19:13
HELLYEAH !! Finally !!

Keke Rosberg in the 80's
Mika Häkkinen in the 90's
And now Räikkonen !!!

DimitraF1
21st October 2007, 19:15
Forza Oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

English People Cry!!!
We Are Againt He Champs!!! After Schumi Era This Is Iceman Era!!!

We Are Back!!!! 2007 Champs!!!

RaikkonenRules
21st October 2007, 19:16
If anyone had told me a fortnight that Raikkonen was going to be World Champion, I would not have believed them. Perhaps the only person who believed in him this afternoon... was Raikkonen.

Fair play and good show to Kimi. I think we have a worthy champion here, he's been patient and persevered his way straight to the number 1 plate. Good stuff!

I had a slight inkling by some miracle he'd pull it off but I half expected him to blow up on the last corner.

I suspet half of Hamilton's fans will probably disown him now. :p : Champion or not he's still done an exceptional job in my opinion. :up: He equalled a double champion in his rookie season for pekes sake. :p :

Congrats to Kimi for finally winning :bounce:

rohanweb
21st October 2007, 19:16
Perkeleen perkele!!!!

After all the unlucky stuff that's happened to Kimi - he left his bad luck to McLaren who are stuck with it. :D

not exactly Juppe..

Lewis can do it in a Mclaren next year,

I am sure still what Lewis has done is an amazing stuff this year, and he will come more matured and will be faster than all.
its unfortunate that he lost 40 seconds coz of the problem in his car and else he would have finished 3rd minimum today and winning the title,

i cannot understand why some of the ferrari fans 'boo' is all about,
well, I am a hamilton fan & I am very happy Kimi has won it simply coz he is a worthy champion ( let alone Lewis's mis-fortunes)

SubaruNorway
21st October 2007, 19:17
Congratulations to Kimi and all the finnish forumers, not realy an F1 fan but this was awsome!

rohanweb
21st October 2007, 19:19
[quote="RaikkonenRules"]

I suspet half of Hamilton's fans will probably disown him now.

QUOTE]

I agree with what you said above!!! we will see british press starting to thrash Lewis tomorrow...

we british do have a problem with if anyone dont win,
well.. there are some loyal ones like me who will not disregard someones great talent.. ;-)

BeansBeansBeans
21st October 2007, 19:19
Congratulations to Kimi and all of his supporters on here :up:

The fastest driver in the world now has the trophy to prove it.

rohanweb
21st October 2007, 19:20
How soon until Kimi, gets drunk tonight?! :)

Im sure sponsor Martini will be a big feature in the Ferrari hospitality tonight!! :)

heheh true.. Kimi is gonna party like hell tonight ( accompanying sexxxy brazilian gairls ).. & enough bottles of vodka & cocktails. ;)

mstillhere
21st October 2007, 19:20
If anyone had told me a fortnight that Raikkonen was going to be World Champion, I would not have believed them. [/b]

Same here

Juppe
21st October 2007, 19:21
not exactly Juppe..

Lewis can do it in a Mclaren next year,

I am sure still what Lewis has done is an amazing stuff this year, and he will come more matured and will be faster than all.
its unfortunate that he lost 40 seconds coz of the problem in his car and else he would have finished 3rd minimum today and winning the title,

i cannot understand why some of the ferrari fans 'boo' is all about,
well, I am a hamilton fan & I am very happy Kimi has won it simply coz he is a worthy champion ( let alone Lewis's mis-fortunes)

I'm not bashing Lewis, if anything I'm sorry for him, because it must be devastating to lose like that and Kimi was better equipped to losing anyway, cause he's had so much practice... this isn't about Lewis, this is about Kimi!!!

I'm savoring the moment - finally!!!!!

mstillhere
21st October 2007, 19:22
Well done Kimmi!!!!!!!

And Maclaren losing everything again this season!!!! Hope now this will teach them how to behave!!

Hear! Hear!! :)

ioan
21st October 2007, 19:23
Congratulations Kimi! :up:
Congratulations Felipe! :up:
Congratulations Ferrari! :up:

A fitting end to this season! :)

F1boat
21st October 2007, 19:24
I'm not bashing Lewis, if anything I'm sorry for him, because it must be devastating to lose like that and Kimi was better equipped to losing anyway, cause he's had so much practice... this isn't about Lewis, this is about Kimi!!!

I'm savoring the moment - finally!!!!!

I never though that I would say it two years ago, but - congrats Juppe. Kimi is the most deserving champion. (hug)

mstillhere
21st October 2007, 19:24
Poor Ron. Can tell he's been crying. Good work for Kimi. I think he deserved it the most.

Yeah, but I think he is happy for Kimi. Kimi finally got what RD was never able to give him.

Tazio
21st October 2007, 19:28
Congratulations to Kimi and all of his supporters on here :up:

The fastest driver in the world now has the trophy to prove it.
Thank you! thank you very much!

Spanish
21st October 2007, 19:29
Congratulations Kimi!!!!!!!!!

Forza Ferrari!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Fernando, next year, try again ;)

mstillhere
21st October 2007, 19:30
I'm not bashing Lewis, if anything I'm sorry for him [/b]

You know.......in a kind of sick way.........me too.........
What I think turned me off about him is the...you know what. But otherwise, I was defineteky impressed by him

rohanweb
21st October 2007, 19:30
Yeah, but I think he is happy for Kimi. Kimi finally got what RD was never able to give him.

I agree with that,
because Kimi worked very well under Ron at McLaren and its for sure that Ron must have been very happy to see Kimi finally got a crown.. Mika Hakkinen was there and I am sure the whole Mclaren team are happy for Kimi.

ATF
21st October 2007, 19:32
Well done Kimi, a thoroughly deserving champion!!

Or #24 and #25 depending on what happens with Prodrive!!!

Tazio
21st October 2007, 19:34
QUOTE=Tazio;371851]I would say most definately yes. I'm not sure Kimi is that much heavier than Lewis!
What I do think though is that The Ferrari's will be fast deeper into their stints.
Lewis will sufer rear degradation, FA fronts to a lesser degree.
Ferrari should be fast enough to win the race.
Unless something unfortold happens Lewis will take the crown.
It would be huge for kimi to get past LH off the grid. If Ferrari can make this happen,
Massa could really frustrate the kid. The only problem I see is that LH is very creative off the line,
but Kimi and Massa(with their new best friend FA) could create the kind of shimozel that fred may emerge through p1![/QUOTE]

Yea but what did I know?

redson
21st October 2007, 19:36

Giuseppe F1
I can say the same, I'm glad Lewis didn't win today

Bezza
21st October 2007, 19:41
Great shame for Lewis, what an amazing season nevertheless and he has been a breath of fresh air for F1. The sport has lot of new fans now and his inspiration will only grow the sport over the years to come.

Well done to Kimi though - superb champion and in my opinion fully deserved as I believe he is the best driver! :up: More wins than anybody else says it all.

Roll on 2008 :s mokin:

AndySpeed
21st October 2007, 19:43
Disappointed for Lewis,
but Kimi also deserves it. Congrats kimi!

Big Ben
McLaren showed their class this season... With the right attitude they would have have won the WDC some time ago...

as a McLaren fan I'm glad they lost today... It's a shame the ones that made it possible will not admit their fault

BDunnell
Great shame for Lewis, what an amazing season nevertheless and he has been a breath of fresh air for F1. The sport has lot of new fans now and his inspiration will only grow the sport over the years to come.

Well done to Kimi though - superb champion and in my opinion fully deserved as I believe he is the best driver! :up: More wins than anybody else says it all.

Roll on 2008 :s mokin:

:up:

I don't think I can add to that, except to say that I hope the likes of Rosberg and Kubica have some success in 2008 — and poor old Webber too, come to that.

Tazio
21st October 2007, 19:45
(#19)
Tazio "Yea but what did I know on october 11th 8:15pm"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This season will close with an applaud so loud that the anthems will be silenced by the din made from the sound of every fair minded, scrupulous, f1 loving, Homo Sapien, this side of Uranus when Kimi snatches the championship in a dream of a race that will restore that little iota of dignity this sport has left in it this season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Distinctions drawn by the mind are not necessarily equivalent to distinctions in reality

Kevincal
21st October 2007, 19:49
Congratulations to Kimi. After all of the bad luck he's had over the years, he deserved it...

ALTHOUGH...It's quite obvious to me, and I'm sure many others, that infact team orders were carried out in this race. Massa would have won if not for this and Alonso would be Champion...

AND...Yeah, Hamilton had technical problems, but they were most likely due to his off on lap 1. Even the Speed tv announcers, who are obviously pro Hamilton, acknowledged this.

fandango
21st October 2007, 19:52
Well done to Kimi, Massa and Ferrari. Their sheer pace in a race I thought would favour McLaren was superb. I must admit I never thought Kimi had it in him, so it's nice to be proven wrong in this way.

Hard luck Hamilton and Alonso. I've never been a fan of McLaren, so I can't say I feel too sorry for Ron Dennis.

ioan
21st October 2007, 19:54
Well done to Kimi, Massa and Ferrari. Their sheer pace in a race I thought would favour McLaren was superb. I must admit I never thought Kimi had it in him, so it's nice to be proven wrong in this way.

With Ferrari everything is possible, they are a genuine team and help each other, that's what make it possible, the team spirit that McLaren can't have!

CaptainRaiden
21st October 2007, 19:57
Congrats Kimi Raikkonen - World Driver's Champion FINALLY!!!!

How long, it took 6 years for him to finally do it, but he did it finally and in style. I can't believe this, still in shock, is Kimi really the champion? This must be killing Bernie from the inside. All that green he dreamed of with his golden boy are frozen in ICE. :p

Daniel
21st October 2007, 19:58
ioan. There is something such as a bad winner you know.

Sleeper
21st October 2007, 20:02
Congratulations Kimi, he's been the form man since Silverstone.

Bad luck Hamilton, lets hope we dont have to wait several years before McLaren next design a championship challenging car.

rohanweb
21st October 2007, 20:03
With Ferrari everything is possible, they are a genuine team and help each other, that's what make it possible, the team spirit that McLaren can't have!

ioan..i wouldnt say Ferrari are 'genuine' team.. they surely arent.

but thier work ethics in terms of focusing on to championships making sure the team and drivers up to it, they have a good coordination ..let alone team orders (you call it helping each other),flexi wings,blaming other teams for each and every thing & taking them to court/protesting etc.etc.. ;)

yes I agree that Mclaren somehow missing that sort of thing, even thier mechanics proving to be wobblers under pressure, even ferrari mechancs did some times ( renault mechanics are the best in the bunch anyway)..

anyhow Lewis has become a worthy challenger & a runnerup 2007 WDC.
this is the consulation prize to the brits.. well done Lewis..

Huge-well done to Kimi.. He really deserves this years championship after Lewis.!!!

rohanweb
21st October 2007, 20:08

Hard luck Hamilton and Alonso. I've never been a fan of McLaren, so I can't say I feel too sorry for Ron Dennis.

not exactly.. if Lewis didnt have that problem he would have gone on to win the wdc.
man like Ron Dennis deserves a bit more peace at work.
i think he is the only team principal who had to deal with all sort of problems of his team this year, and he probably deserved atleast one of his drivers winning a championship.. its indeed very sad!

anyhow mclaren should be still like 2nd home to Kimi ;)
and Kimi would have been very good friends of mclaren people for the last 4/5 years, i am sure the whole mclaren people are happy to see Kimi clinching he title after Lewis became out of the question..

Daniel
21st October 2007, 20:11
rohan. It's swings and roundabouts. If Kimi didn't have problems earlier he could have won more easily as well.

osg
21st October 2007, 20:12
Oh Yeah Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sooooo stoked for the Iceman, this has been a long time coming and well deserved..

Yes Kimi Yes!!!!!!!!!!

aryan
21st October 2007, 20:12
Congradulations Kimi

it has been such a long time since I last had a smile when a Ferrari won. I'm happy for kimi, he deserved at least one championship. He has been supreme.

It's a sad day for Lewis, but he is very young and many years to come. This has been a brilliant rookie year, and certainly the start of a great career.

Brown, Jon Brow
21st October 2007, 20:17

Yeah, but Ioan looks at F1 as a kind of warfare, not a sport.

Tazio
21st October 2007, 20:18
(#19)
Tazio "Yea but what did I know on october 11th 8:15pm"

This season will close with an applaud so loud that the anthems will be silenced by the din made from the sound of every fair minded, scrupulous, f1 loving, Homo Sapien, this side of Uranus when Kimi snatches the championship in a dream of a race that will restore that little iota of dignity this sport has left in it this season.

Distinctions drawn by the mind are not necessarily equivalent to distinctions in reality

greatest post of the year

jas123f1
21st October 2007, 20:18
Congratulation Kimi and Ferrari. :champion: :champion:

What can man say!!! Superb, Fantastic, Great, Mama Mia - I don’t know - it was too good - and justice is down.. and we can forget the spy scandal now…

Today Kimi put the Ferrari team in my heart for ever - what a great team… and what a great team mate Kimi have in Massa..

it's time to celebrate

:beer:

BDunnell
21st October 2007, 20:20

I hope that 2008 sees a more constructive attitude on the part of those supporting one team over another. I think the fact that no-one, whatever their view of what they wanted to happen today, seems to be bemoaning Raikkonen his title speaks volumes.

F1boat
21st October 2007, 20:22
Congrats Kimi Raikkonen - World Driver's Champion FINALLY!!!!

How long, it took 6 years for him to finally do it, but he did it finally and in style. I can't believe this, still in shock, is Kimi really the champion? This must be killing Bernie from the inside. All that green he dreamed of with his golden boy are frozen in ICE. :p

Actually, Bernie would be happy. The underdog defeated the former champion and the pre-race favourite. It was as good as the final Harry Potter.

Daniel
21st October 2007, 20:23
Dream on Ben :p Everyone else sucks other than who I support ;)

Tomi
21st October 2007, 20:27
congrats to kimi and ferrari, well done

Brown, Jon Brow
21st October 2007, 20:28

. I think the fact that no-one, whatever their view of what they wanted to happen today, seems to be bemoaning Raikkonen his title speaks volumes.

Kimi has been so close to winning before. He should have won in 2003 and was the fastest driver in 2005. He has been the best driver by far in the second half of this season nobody can say he doesn't deserve it.

BDunnell
21st October 2007, 20:30
Kimi has been so close to winning before. He should have won in 2003 and was the fastest driver in 2005. He has been the best driver by far in the second half of this season nobody can say he doesn't deserve it.

Indeed. If circumstances today had been different, though, you can bet that there would be plenty of predictable moans on here. I have just enjoyed the sport and entertainment of it all.

Ari
21st October 2007, 20:31
I'm almost crying.

Well done Kimi!!! :D

Forza Ferrari!

Jefe Máximo
21st October 2007, 20:32
8 years.

You've done it.

Juppe
21st October 2007, 20:38
I never though that I would say it two years ago, but - congrats Juppe. Kimi is the most deserving champion. (hug)

:) Thank you very much, F1boat! Plenty has happened in two years. :)

jso1985
21st October 2007, 20:40
Even if I am a McLaren fan(ok more of an Alonso fan this season) I have to reconigze some sort of divine justice happened today...

Or not, doesn't matter, congrats to Kimi on a well deserved championship :up: :)

And if we can come back a few moths back in time in the Kimi vs Massa discussions, well point proved for Kimi ;)

Congrats to all his fans also :up:

F1boat
21st October 2007, 20:46
Kimi has proven to be a true hero, a great man and a great driver. Now I can say that he is one of the best I have ever seen.
I am sure that Michael Shumacher is proud now. He has left the team in good hands.

BDunnell
21st October 2007, 20:49
Kimi has proven to be a true hero, a great man and a great driver. Now I can say that he is one of the best I have ever seen.
I am sure that Michael Shumacher is proud now. He has left the team in good hands.

He did.

There was some discussion on ITV on Martin Brundle's part that it was surprising that Schumacher wasn't present. I think it's been shown this season that he has little to add to what the team already has in Massa (who was my driver of the race today) and Raikkonen, hence his presence would now be superfluous.

Ide
21st October 2007, 20:54
Wow, what a race! I really didn't believed this before the start but then it went like on a movie! My maximum heart beat was 149 during the race! So great day and the best for the formula 1.

http://www.ilkansivu.net/Etusivun_tausta_Kimi_Raikkonen_Ferrari_World_Champ ion_2007.jpg

FlatChatRacer
21st October 2007, 20:55
Congratulations to Kimi Raikkonen. He is the new World Champion and a very deserving one at that.

He won the most races and crucially kept calm under pressure. Both Lewis and Fernando made mistakes and cracked!

I may be off base here, but I can't help thinking that Lewis threw it away at the start of the race trying to get one over Alonso. He claims he is as cool as Raikkonen, but it hasn't looked that way for the final two races of the season.

Lewis has been knocked down a couple of pegs off his own self proclaimed perch. I for one, will now watch with fascination as he settles into a Formula One career to see if learns from his mistakes and can fulfil his enormous potential.

I certainly hope he doesn't go the way of Chris Amon, Sterling Moss et al, great drivers who were superbly fast and hugely talented, but ultimately never won the Drivers World Championship!

Lewis is going to have a hell of job trying to take the title away from Kimi Raikkonen and Ferrari.

Finally, what a fantastic season and well done to Ferrari and Raikkonen.

and

hmmm - donuts
21st October 2007, 21:09
And Lewis with N0 22 on his car. :D

Am I being thick or shouldn't Lewis be 21 and Alonso 22? Also, do they get last garage in the pit lane? Or is it down to driver points?

rohanweb
21st October 2007, 21:10
WHY DIDNT MCLAREN FUEL LEWIS TO THE FINISH..????
just 18 odd laps worth of fuel & his hard tyres should have been just enough to do a jump on the bmw's to claim the championship..

I think this is another major mistake by mclaren ???

DonJippo
21st October 2007, 21:10
Kimi prkle :D Ferrari :up:

rohanweb
21st October 2007, 21:13
Am I being thick or shouldn't Lewis be 21 and Alonso 22? Also, do they get last garage in the pit lane? Or is it down to driver points?

Driver points i guess..

but expect fireworks from Lewis next year, he will be well seasoned and know all tracks and politics of F1 .. specially he will not be making any rookie mistakes, also RD and mclaren should now know hiring a driver with serious attitude problem will bring the team to its knees,very good lesson for RD &co.... bring it on 2008 season.!

mirek01
21st October 2007, 21:15
Congratulations to Kimi ,fantastic, he deserved it.

markabilly
21st October 2007, 21:16
Yep...that loose cannon known as Kimi!!!!

And only mumbled a little bit at the end...

Busted up the plans of mice and men, benie and friends, all that money gone bye bye..............and spare me the bit about car trouble, cause LH still had plenty and I mean plenty of car there at the end...easily enough to put him fourth or third.....the fast lap times prove it.....

old markabilly says I think I will take a vacation to Finland to enjoy the snow......

Congrats to FA for a tough season as the least favorite of RD...to do that well under thiose circumstances would be tough and the same for LH who drove very well for a rookie till the end (and I am trying to ignore both drivers' off track antics)

airshifter
21st October 2007, 21:18

I must admit I thought that another season had passed Kimi by without a WDC, and that most likely Lewis had the title wrapped up.

But I've said for years that I felt Kimi deserved a title, and it's been reflected in my signature all year. :)

tinchote
21st October 2007, 21:19
Well done Kimi. He did a wonderful job today, and although you could say that he was a little lucky in this last race, there have been other seasons where had he had that luck he would have own. All in all, a well-deserved one :up:

Eki
21st October 2007, 21:26
Hamilton was unlucky, but I think Kimi deserved it after being 2nd twice. Hamilton will have his day in the future, I'm sure.

Viktory
21st October 2007, 21:27
Absolutely awesome! So happy for Kimi and Ferrari, they very much deserved this! Amazing end to this very strange and exciting season.

hmmm - donuts
21st October 2007, 21:27
Am I being thick or shouldn't Lewis be 21 and Alonso 22?

Oops - my mistake - no #13

FIA
21st October 2007, 21:40
When have you ever seen the rank outsider snatch the title in the last race, he deserves it, but I'm shocked. He didn't leads the championship after the Aussie GP and he takes HIS title.

Congrats Kimi!

yodasarmpit
21st October 2007, 21:54
I have to say congrats and very well done to Kimi.
To be honest I thought he was always going to be the nearly man, but he did it this year by winning the most races.

So glad it was Kimi and not Alonso tbh.

Daniel
21st October 2007, 22:09
WHY DIDNT MCLAREN FUEL LEWIS TO THE FINISH..????
just 18 odd laps worth of fuel & his hard tyres should have been just enough to do a jump on the bmw's to claim the championship..

I think this is another major mistake by mclaren ???
How was a fuelled up McLaren to make it through the field?

Eyo
21st October 2007, 22:10
Congratulation to Kimi! Well deserved! I’m glade to see him as word champion although I don’t like Ferrari.
Great race!

VkmSpouge
21st October 2007, 22:21
Congratulations to Kimi Raikkonen, a very deserving champion. He raced well all season, endured some bad luck and came through when few expected he would.

SparkyKate
21st October 2007, 22:39
Kimi you are an absolute legend!!

Supported him for seven years and he's finally taken the crown!!! Huge congratulations to him, and ok, i will concede, maybe Ferrari isnt so bad afterall!!!!

And thankyou Massa, for being a team player and a stand up bloke and driver.

...on another note i really hope these stories of trying to hand Hamilton the crown via the stewards is just stories. Today was an amazing end to an interesting, if cheating, disgusting and mental season and to take that away after the leniency shown to Hamilton and Alonso would be truly disgusting and despicable.

BeansBeansBeans
21st October 2007, 22:47
Am I being thick or shouldn't Lewis be 21 and Alonso 22?

I imagine Lewis will be 22 and Alonso 23.

I don't think the number 13 is used, you see.

Edit: Sorry Donuts, I see you've already realised this.

ShiftingGears
21st October 2007, 22:52
You ****in Beauty!!!!
Yeah!! :D :D :D :D

raikk
21st October 2007, 23:50
congrats Kimi you do deserve it the most!.. I just wish u were in a silver car instead...anyways couldn't happen to a better guy!

stevie_gerrard
21st October 2007, 23:51
Provisional Congratulations for Kimi, he has performed well this season, all the focus has been on lewis, but he's always been in touch if not close to lewis during the season. His form midway through the season in Europe was outstanding.

I hope he doesnt get it taken off him for the "irregularities" at BMW and williams, for a guy who has won 6 races, more than any other driver this season, he has proven to be a worthy champion. :)

SparkyKate
22nd October 2007, 00:34
Really hope Eurosport have got it right and the FIA have stopped messing about with bmw and williams...Kimi is a very deserving champion and doesnt deserve this, although as ive read on another thread (apologies to the member, i cant remember who or where) he is probably too pissed right now to know or even care whats going on!!

Well done Kimi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

metzario
22nd October 2007, 02:12
forza ferrari, kimi and felipe who made it all possible!!!!!
was great to see mr.arrogant's,we win them all(a guy called RON) face, a real treat :D ,congratulations again to the scuderia and all who made this historical triumph possible; and by the way FERRARI won the WCS by points too so that says it all;would love to see the brit journalists(oh yes nigel) chew on what to write; remember brits are known to be objective, :D
so hope u get it right; anyway its better for hamilton to wait; no hurry there!
:) :)

Shalafi
22nd October 2007, 04:59
Congrats Kimi! Best driver in the planet! Finally its true!

harsha
22nd October 2007, 06:30
Congrats Kimi,it's been a long time coming..enjoy it and have a lot of vodka :s mokin:

:up: :up: just wish he could have won it in a silver car

Ranger
22nd October 2007, 08:09
Kimi Raikkonen, what a man. :up: :up: :D

555-04Q2
22nd October 2007, 09:07
Well done Kimi :up: Finally made it to the WDC.

Brown, Jon Brow
22nd October 2007, 09:09
Really hope Eurosport have got it right and the FIA have stopped messing about with bmw and williams...Kimi is a very deserving champion and doesnt deserve this, although as ive read on another thread (apologies to the member, i cant remember who or where) he is probably too pissed right now to know or even care whats going on!!

That was me :D :up: :beer:

Daniel
22nd October 2007, 09:28
Well done Kimi :up: Finally made it to the WDC.
You come here and congratulate Kimi before the Boks? :p

What kind of South African are you ;)

Ranger
22nd October 2007, 09:45
After Indy, Kimi was 26 points behind Lewis, largely written off (by me as well).

After Japan, with only 20 points on offer, Kimi was still 17 points behind Lewis.

After Brazil, Kimi was World Champion by a solitary point.

A comeback if I ever saw one!! :beer:

pino
22nd October 2007, 10:04
Congrats Kimi, well deserved :up:

Donney
22nd October 2007, 10:33
I never thought he'd do it but he proved me wrong. Congratulations for the championship after many epic fights for it in different years. The man with most wins won the title, it all makes sense and seems fair.

What a comeback!!!!

555-04Q2
22nd October 2007, 11:54

A poor one ;)

Tomi
22nd October 2007, 12:04

Of curiosity, who is Boks?

Daniel
22nd October 2007, 12:13
The Springboks (South African Rugby team)

wedge
22nd October 2007, 13:53
Unbelievable!

Still can't get over it. I thought was going to be easy pickings for Lewis as he should've had the WDC in his back pocket.

Kimi is one of my fave drivers, he's a worthy champion, but I never thought he would win it this year.

I'm going to pinch myself whilst I re-watch the highlights and listening to BBC & Autosport podcasts.

ShiftingGears
22nd October 2007, 14:00
I like this comment about Kimi :D

'Formula one is waking up this morning to a very different world champion from the one that British race fans were waiting to celebrate. Whereas Lewis Hamilton is a media-savvy member of the high technology generation, Kimi Raikkonen is an old-fashioned racing driver out of the heroic mould to whom a beer with his old friends is as important as driving flat-out to grand prix glory.

'There is very much a touch of James Hunt about Raikkonen. The Finn may not be as obviously extrovert as the 1976 world champion but Hunt would certainly have approved of reports of Raikkonen's roistering behaviour in a West End club and his reportedly falling asleep outside a Spanish bar clutching an inflatable dolphin. The third Finn to win the world championship can certainly put his foot down in more ways than one.' - Alan Henry, The Guardian

dpatt
22nd October 2007, 14:03
Congratulations Kimi !!!

I have followed F1 since I was a kid, now 40 years old I have enjoyed many a great F1 moment.
I have watched many a great name win and lose, the entertainment of F1 is AMAZING.
I may not always like the result but I love the emotion that comes from F1.

When I was under 10 I liked the color of the car.
When I was under 20 I liked the name of the driver and color of the car.

Ayrton Senna was my idol and his going caused me to reconsider do I follow a driver or a team.
I have always held McLaren in a soft part of my heart. I tried making glasses that would make Red look Silver and Black at the start of this year.

I would like to thank Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso for their competitive spirit and amazing performance this year in 2007.
A very fitting result having them come in equal on points – the number of seconds very trivial to me.

To Felipe Massa who has played a wonderful “Team” role, without his efforts Kimi Raikkonen would not have the WDC
It would been nice for Massa to win the race and Kimi to win the WDC, but that was not the fairytale for today.

Without all the teams and sponsors we would not have what is F1 today – Thank you all.

I look forward to 2008 – Maybe BMW, Renault, Williams - Red Bull and Toyota will help make it even more exciting.

Imagine 3 or more drivers fighting it out on the last race.

Overall – I am elated that KR has won the WDC, I have followed Kimi since Sauber Petronas and I am just over the moon for him today.

markabilly
22nd October 2007, 14:52
I like this comment about Kimi :D

'Formula one is waking up this morning to a very different world champion from the one that British race fans were waiting to celebrate. Whereas Lewis Hamilton is a media-savvy member of the high technology generation, Kimi Raikkonen is an old-fashioned racing driver out of the heroic mould to whom a beer with his old friends is as important as driving flat-out to grand prix glory.

'There is very much a touch of James Hunt about Raikkonen. The Finn may not be as obviously extrovert as the 1976 world champion but Hunt would certainly have approved of reports of Raikkonen's roistering behaviour in a West End club and his reportedly falling asleep outside a Spanish bar clutching an inflatable dolphin. The third Finn to win the world championship can certainly put his foot down in more ways than one.' - Alan Henry, The Guardian

Yeah he does remind me of the old school, the Clarks, Gurney, Hulme, Surtees, even the original Bruce Mclaren....and most of all Jack Brabham (Who today would make Kimi appear to be a fast, loud mouth talker)...none really had much really to say off track, but on track,.......actions do speak louder than words..... :up:

wedge
22nd October 2007, 15:35
Kimi has elements of Clark and Hunt rolled into one.

rabf1
22nd October 2007, 15:47
Perfect outcome. Kimi deserved to win and McLaren deserves what they got.

jens
22nd October 2007, 19:26
Have mixed feelings with that result. Better than Alonso's title for me though, although it doesn't make me positively emotional in any way. Hamilton's fateful error in China still hurts me...

This is why I wanted Räikkönen to join Ferrari, because I hunched that one year he is going to win anyway and better do it in a more likeable team. He was favourite before the season and although I - like many others - at one moment lost belief that he might still win the title, he indeed made an unbelievable comeback and it's actually still hard to believe, what has happened. In some way he has justified all those expectations that were on him before the season. Uhh, have nothing else to say at the moment actually.

Crypt
22nd October 2007, 20:15
Karma was the major factor in this race, as far as I'm concerned. Everyone thought Kimi wouldn't mesh with the team, but the opposite happened. He ran a perfect race and deserved the title.

Ron and Lewis on the other hand, had Karma bite them squarely in the buttocks.

It's funny, Ron couldn't give Kimi a car to win in, and it seems this trend is still going on at McLaren, althought Kimi is the one reaping the rewards.

Congrats Kimi, you deserved this.

Robinho
22nd October 2007, 20:25
great job, if it had to be anyone but hamilton i'm glad it was Kimi, he's deserved it before and lost out, only fair he should have things go his way, and over the course of the season he's made it count, especially the 2nd half, he has successfully capitalised on the Mclaren implosion and walks away with the title, congrats to him, especially after being roundly written off by many in the early part of the year.

Priorat
23rd October 2007, 15:05
I just post to bring Kimi's WDC thread to the front page as it is plenty of threads about Hamilton, Alonso and McLaren who, we must remember, have won nothing.
Kimi have won with 2 more wins than the rest and with 2 zeros not of his fault. Kimi has been much better than classification may show.

Sirius
23rd October 2007, 16:56
Congratulations to Kimi and all his fans on his championship! A championship thoroughly deserved by a driver who embodies bravery, courage and the intelligence to win on the track.

We all knew he could win a championship and he did just that with style and grace. Congratulations again to Kimi!

Sirius

ICKE
15th November 2007, 03:09
"I was Kimi's sexy lady"

http://www.gazzetta.it/Motori/Formula1/Primo_Piano/2007/11_Novembre/14/gioiakimi.shtml

Some explaining to do to Jenni..Or maybe they have an open relationship. :p

Andy65
15th November 2007, 08:36
Nice to see this thread is still about, seems this Forum has the same problem as many of the Motorsport magazines we have in the uk, if anyone is interested we do have a new world champion and for those like me who may be fooled by many of the headlines at the moment, it's not Schumacher and it's not Hamilton, It's KIMI RAIKKONEN, KIMI KIMI KIMI KIMI KIMI KIMI KIMI KIMI KIMI KIMI KIMI KIMI KIMI KIMI KIMI RAIKKONEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you :)

ArrowsFA1
15th November 2007, 08:59
It is great to see a driver like Kimi win the title. He gives the impression of being someone who is totally disinterested in F1 politics, fame or anything other than racing. He appears to be a throwback to the racers of earlier decades who raced for the pleasure of racing, and F1 is all the better for having him as a Champion.

Andy65
15th November 2007, 09:38
It is great to see a driver like Kimi win the title. He gives the impression of being someone who is totally disinterested in F1 politics, fame or anything other than racing. He appears to be a throwback to the racers of earlier decades who raced for the pleasure of racing, and F1 is all the better for having him as a Champion.

Very true, I could imagine him in a Lotus 49 sat on the grid at Monaco in the 70's

markabilly
15th November 2007, 14:39
"I was Kimi's sexy lady"

http://www.gazzetta.it/Motori/Formula1/Primo_Piano/2007/11_Novembre/14/gioiakimi.shtml

Some explaining to do to Jenni..Or maybe they have an open relationship. :p
Poor girl, she was misled and used by Kimi for almost a year before she discovered the truth:

""our history is duration nearly a year - has concluded the Joy - it is ended in August of 2006. I have left when I have uncovered who was married: I was watching a great prize in tv, when they have framed the tribune commenting that there was the moglie Jenni Dahlman to tifare for he. I have cancelled all: sms and video. And I have thrown gifts. The history is ended, has suffered and I do not want memories. They have been tricked. It has tried to contact to me, but I have answered picche. "

i am sure she was tricked into it by his constant chattering ........

He should have found someone more pretty and NOT so smart....

ioan
15th November 2007, 14:47
i am sure she was tricked into it by his constant chattering ........

He should have found someone more pretty and NOT so smart....

:rotflamo:

Man you are making us laugh more in one day than you did this whole season! :up:

wmcot
16th November 2007, 07:01
Very true, I could imagine him in a Lotus 49 sat on the grid at Monaco in the 70's

And he would drive the wheels off it!

CNR
18th November 2007, 08:51
http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/ef790b11d5.gif (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)
http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.0605927ab1.jpg (http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?0605927ab1.jpg)
http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/a871ae2cab.gif (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/upload.php

F1boat
18th November 2007, 08:55
Kimi is a great driver and I wish him more success in his future F1 years. BTW, I think that after 2010 he will try something different from F1, just because he has adventurous spirit. Maybe Indy 500 or some rallying, I don't know.

Tazio
18th November 2007, 22:27
Perfect outcome. Kimi deserved to win and McLaren deserves what they got.That's right!

leopard
19th November 2007, 06:52
The Euphoric feelings associated with modern human beings are a natural occurrence.

Let's the fans celebrate this win as we may not have too much time when someone else take it back in near future.

wmcot
19th November 2007, 07:10
Congratulations to Kimi and all his fans on his championship! A championship thoroughly deserved by a driver who embodies bravery, courage and the intelligence to win on the track.

We all knew he could win a championship and he did just that with style and grace. Congratulations again to Kimi!

Sirius

I agree completely! Too bad he had to wait for all the crap to settle before he could finally enjoy his deserved title!

F1boat
19th November 2007, 08:20
I agree completely! Too bad he had to wait for all the crap to settle before he could finally enjoy his deserved title!

I was stunned that he never commented the crap. It shows how cool he really is, but also shows, I think, that Ferrari supports him 100% and he is really happy there.

leopard
19th November 2007, 08:28
I think Ferrari support him 130%, the additional 30% was taken from their support to his teammate. :D

leopard
19th November 2007, 08:31
http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/ef790b11d5.gif (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)
http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.0605927ab1.jpg (http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?0605927ab1.jpg)
http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/a871ae2cab.gif (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/upload.php

Kimi drives for Vodafone Ferrari

God job Speedbolt.

leopard
19th November 2007, 08:54
God job Speedbolt.

thunderbolt, sorry it was by intention :D

Btw, considering Ferrari is the winner, will this be enough temptation for Vodafone get back sponsoring Ferrari? They might consider that last year McLaren was attractive more than Ferrari, but after they lose to Ferrari and worsened by the leave of Fernando, I think they may reconsider to extend their contract with McLaren.

wmcot
19th November 2007, 08:57
I think Ferrari support him 130%, the additional 30% was taken from their support to his teammate. :D

But you are forgetting that some was "given" to McLaren! :D

ArrowsFA1
12th December 2007, 08:55
In the light of Kimi's WDC it is quite amusing to revisit an old story from 2000:

Max Mosley, the president of motorsport’s governing body, the FIA, has expressed his concerns over the decision to grant young Finn Kimi Raikkonen a super licence to compete in Formula 1 next year.

At a meeting of the Formula 1 commission - the decision-making body which comprises members of F1 teams, F1 sponsors and FIA representatives – two weeks ago, Mosley was outvoted by 24-1 in favour of allowing 20-year-old Raikkonen to take up a race seat with Sauber in 2001.

“Unfortunately the F1 commission doesn’t always do as I tell them, despite speculation to the contrary,” Mosley told Speedvision. “I do not believe that they adopted a defensible position in giving an inexperienced driver like Raikkonen a licence. It is quite wrong given that we have strict criteria for graduation into F1.

“When there is a major accident caused by the presence of very inexperienced drivers in F1, I’m the one who will have to explain it to the world’s media and television cameras.”
Link (http://www.autosport-atlas.com/article.asp?id=12383)

ioan
12th December 2007, 09:30
I see that some people will attack Max on all the possible threads now. :rolleyes:

I wonder what is the point of your post Arrows. Is it that he was deserving of a super licence because 7 years later he managed to win a title?! :\

ShiftingGears
12th December 2007, 09:41
I wonder what is the point of your post Arrows. Is it that he was deserving of a super licence because 7 years later he managed to win a title?! :\

Probably because it was an interesting read...

ArrowsFA1
12th December 2007, 11:40
Probably because it was an interesting read...
Exactly :up:

SGWilko
12th December 2007, 12:10
thunderbolt, sorry it was by intention :D

Btw, considering Ferrari is the winner, will this be enough temptation for Vodafone get back sponsoring Ferrari? They might consider that last year McLaren was attractive more than Ferrari, but after they lose to Ferrari and worsened by the leave of Fernando, I think they may reconsider to extend their contract with McLaren.

Doubt that very much, wasn't there two issues with Voda and Ferrari - one being Voda wanted to distance itself from Fag sponsorship, and that Ferrari (or is that Philip Morris, who own the advertising on the car) wanted more money for less space on the car.....

Anyway, Vodafone have had far more media coverage now than they would have had at Ferrari.

I mean, 'monosylable quote' kimi is hardly a good advocate for mobile phone use, is it?

NB and think of all those calls and texts Nando made to the FIA, making Voda millions.... ;)

Garry Walker
13th December 2007, 11:17
I see that some people will attack Max on all the possible threads now. :rolleyes:

He probably posted it because Max and Jacques looked stupid after voicing their opinion on KR.